Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Tebow »

Maestro, have you played with Fate before?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 am

Post by Maestro »

@havginfitz: Also in this vein of reasoning and in follow-up to your #4...would you disagree that Tebow and I will decide this lynch? Because that's what it looks like right now. Would you rather I vote hurriedly and allow for a possible scum quickhammer or think over all possibilities and try and get a good lynch out of today? Personally, like I've said, I believe we only have one scum left to hunt, so let's stop fucking around and actually try and hunt them, instead of focusing on two people who are stuck in deadlock.

If we lynch one of them by the end of the day, fine, but all I'm saying is I don't want people acting like they're our only options. I should think I'd have support here on this too, since Fate doesn't seem to particularly like Arugula and ChaosOmega has been noticeably completely absent almost since D3 began. If anybody's "coasting" Fate, it's him. Aru's just active lurking as far as I can tell.

P-Edit @Tebow: No, why? Is he always like this? (This would be where your metarequest from RVS would come in handy.)
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Tebow »

He's famous for acting like this. CAPSRAGE and claiming to have busted the game open and multiposting and more screaming CAPSRAGE.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Maestro »

Ah. Is he "famous" for acting like this as scum or as town or as both? I'm guessing both. I put more faith in playstyle than in content sometimes, but if you're saying that he's always like this then that's just maddeningly unhelpful.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am

Post by Tebow »

Both. Occasionally burns people who think 'This is just town Fate.' In fact that's why I was initially skeptical of him today, because he didn't seem to be care, and that made me think he was scum who'd written it off as a lost cause. Of course, as soon as I'm writing a post to that effect, he ninjas it with five posts of fury.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Maestro »

And what did you glean from that reaction? That's all I meant when I talked to him not reacting well to the pressure from you and IS.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 am

Post by Tebow »

I didn't think it was particularly alignment relevant. There's a case against Fate, but 'He's getting angry' isn't it.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Maestro »

Oh, that's what you were getting at? Fair enough, I guess. I only said it didn't make him look good. I believe it's possible for his playstyle to not make him look good.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Tebow »

Yeah, pretty much everyone the first time they play with Fate think 'WOW that's totally disproportionate.'
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 am

Post by Fate »

In post 692, Internet Stranger wrote:Im under the impression that Arugula was all over the McStab and Code lynches. Is that not the case? Or was he hopping on and off at opportune moments?

Thats exactly what I just spent two fuckin pages talking about
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Sorry Fate, I couldnt hear you over all the FATERAGE.

Whos doing the PBPA on Arugula then?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:59 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Maestro wrote:ChaosOmega has been noticeably completely absent almost since D3 began.

Slow your roll, chief. We're not even 48 hours into D3. And it seems like you brought up that point to promote my lynch? That's just fucking stupid. You wanna make a case on me, fine, but make it better than the fact that I've posted once in about 36 hours.

Tebow wrote:I would rather massclaim immediately after the successful protection, than risk a doc dying tonight without saying who he protected, or a roleblocker without saying who he blocked.

I understand that, but I'm still against an all-out massclaim. How about a hypo claim? Everyone claims either doctor, jailkeeper, or roleblocker and targets for N1 and N2. If a player actually is one of those, they post their real targets, and everyone else picks one of those roles and posts fake targets. That way, the information is out there if one of those power roles dies tonight, but it's not made entirely easy for scum just to go and pick them off. I'd like everyone's thoughts on doing this.

Going to grab dinner now, will post more tonight.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 697, Maestro wrote:Except he makes it even more specific by pointing out that havingfitz could be drawing suspicion away from Aru...how would that make sense? I'm confused. No scum would do that and let themselves be noticed, and I don't think Aru's done anything that would make me think so highly of him that I'd confidently WhiteKnight him as town.

That's not what I said? Arugula's under no scrutiny and Fitz is KEEPING it that way and promoting a 1v1 between myself and IS. He also doesn't even fuckin care which one of us dies first how much more blatant could he be?

So yes, by Fitz pushing IS/Fate that has the secondary effect of keeping the spotlight off his scumbuddy Arugula. The way IS is pushing me now though with "OH NOW U HAVE TIME FOR US" when I start acting town when YES NOW I HAVE TIME FOR THIS GAME makes me itch too so I don't really want to lynch in that pool and rather go for

OH

YEAH

OBV

FUCKIGN

SCUM ARUGULA
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Arugula »

So first I'm buddies with IS and now I'm buddies with Fitz? You are just jumping an everything and hoping one of your points sticks.
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Maestro »

@ChaosOmega: Slow your own roll, chief. I didn't bring that up to push your lynch at all, I only brought it up to point out that you had been absent and could be considered a "coaster." Nothing else was implied, but now that you mention it, it does strike me as odd that Fate would call out one person (e.g. Aru) for coasting and not another.

@Fate: So in the first paragraph of 712 you seem to think I'm misrepping you ("That's not what I said?") but the rest of that post seems to be you agreeing with what I said. I'm confused. I completely agree that it looks like fitz is helping to cement the deadlock between you and IS. What's the problem here? ...oh, right. The problem is that Aru makes the good point that you seem to be jumping around quite a bit. I certainly don't know who to vote for at this point - you've been confusing this whole issue for me since the start of the game-day.

For all of our sakes, I'm going to ask these simple questions. havingfitz had the right idea, but he asked these things only to me. I want to see where
everybody
stands since some of us are moving forward based on an 8-2-1 and some of us are thinking 7-3-1. These are directed mainly at IS, Fate, and havingfitz. Tebow, I think I pretty much know where you stand since we're both in the same boat here, Aru and Chaos can respond if you want since I really don't know what you two are thinking right now other than what I can tell from your vote.

1. Which setup do you think was used? 8-2-1 or 7-3-1.
2. Who do you think are the most likely scumteam members at this point? (3 names or 2 depending on your answer to #1)
3. Do you or do you not think scum bussed McStab D1?
If the answer is yes, who do you think the busser(s) was? (1 or 2 names depending on your answer to #1)

I think if we all get our answers to these out in the open then it'll be a lot easier and less confusing (at least for me) to move forward, and it really doesn't look like anybody else has a better idea since we've been stuck in a deadlock for the whole day. Ok?!
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Arugula »

1. 8-2-1
2. McStab, Fate
3. No
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by Maestro »

^ That's the kindof shit I can understand.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 701, Maestro wrote:@havginfitz: Also in this vein of reasoning and in follow-up to your #4...would you disagree that Tebow and I will decide this lynch? Because that's what it looks like right now. Would you rather I vote hurriedly and allow for a possible scum quickhammer or think over all possibilities and try and get a good lynch out of today? Personally, like I've said, I believe we only have one scum left to hunt, so let's stop fucking around and actually try and hunt them, instead of focusing on two people who are stuck in deadlock.

If we lynch one of them by the end of the day, fine, but all I'm saying is I don't want people acting like they're our only options. I should think I'd have support here on this too, since Fate doesn't seem to particularly like Arugula and ChaosOmega has been noticeably completely absent almost since D3 began. If anybody's "coasting" Fate, it's him. Aru's just active lurking as far as I can tell.

What does it matter whether you or Tebow decide? :roll: Why don't you quit overthinking this. Would you really want either one of them in LYLO? If you say yes you are beyond reasoning. Just read their actions today. Fate has really shit his pants today and I would/will vote him in a heartbeat. Delay all you want but the longer you wait the more doubt you put in your own mind. :idea: And I'm not fucking around. Just because I believe WTF I'm doing and don't feel like pissing around doesn't mean I haven't thought out my actions. Worst case (if Fate and IS are by some miracle town) we wind up in LYLO without Fate and IS and that would be a good consolation to just outright finishing this game off sooner. Then the remaining two townies could zone in on scum.

8-2-1
McStab Fate and/or IS
No

FATE...YOUR FLAILING IS PATHETIC. KEEP PUSHING THAT THIS IS A 7-3-1 SETUP TO IMPLICATE BOTH ME AND ARUGULA. ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS DELUSIONAL AS TOWN OR DESPERATE AS SCUM? OH YEAH...SCUM MASTERMINDS ARUGULA AND ME BUSSING OUR BUDDY.

Uh...I think not. At least one scum (either the only one or one of two) is off the McStab lynch. Deal with it.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

@havingfitz: So you want me to vote? Is that what I'm getting from 717? Fine. VOTE: Fate

I can understand having thought through that one or both of them is probably scum, but the way you said it was very,
very
wrong from a town point of view. (As is your insistence on a deadlock between them.) Having them both shut up as a consolation prize after getting them both lynched...fine, I can buy that if that's what you're seeing happening here. Just don't say things like "I'll lynch whoever" when you obviously think that only one out of the two could be scum. Also, no, I don't want them in LyLo. At least not both of them (my head hurts just thinking about it); I'd rather have IS than Fate since at least IS is making more sense recently. Then again it's not even guaranteed I'll make it to LyLo so it might not be me having to deal with them.

On a sidenote thanks for answering. Interesting to me however, and relevant to your last little CAPS PARAGRAPH: is Fate the only one who thinks this is 7-3-1?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Maestro »

Yeah, on reread, Fate seems to be the only one actively hunting based on a premise of 7-3-1, which I find downright strange if not a scumslip. I like my vote where it is.
Spoiler: For Fate
Something you said earlier really pissed me off and I couldn't really put my finger on what to say in response till after I reread the last few pages just now. Though I may be a "3-month scrub," that's no reason to discount my Mafia ability, my logical reasoning, or my vote in this game or in any game. I'm glad I don't see you in the newbie queue, though it's entirely possible you're there. Personally I think it's stupid to get so intense over any game, let alone a game based on textual exchanges on a forum on the internet. You should probably consider treating
every
player with a little more respect in-game if you don't want to come off as a gradeA dick - if I'm to be completely honest I'd say that I wouldn't want a player like you in a game with me even if you were town. I don't care if it's how you always play, my suggestion would be to quit the capsrage and stop being an antagonistic asshole, for your own sake in this game if for nothing else.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Tebow »

How is it a scumslip when you don't think there's that number of scum? Surely if there aren't 3 scum, that completely disqualifies it from being a slip?

Think about what might influence a townie's opinion on the number of scum in either direction.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 pm

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: FATE!

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:47 am

Post by Iknal »

Current VoteCount 3.3:
Havingfitz - 0 - No-one
ChaosOmega - 0 - No-one
Internet Stranger - 2 - havingfitz, ChaosOmega
Tebow - 0 - No-one
Maestro - 0 - No-one
Arugula - 1 - Fate
Fate - 4 - Arugula, Internet Stranger, Maestro, havingfitz

Not voting - 1 - Tebow
With 7 alive it takes 4 to Lynch

Fate, Town Roleblocker,
has been lynched. Night 3 begins now, deadline 04/08/12 22:00 AEST.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:36 am

Post by Iknal »

Tebow, Vanilla Town,
has been killed at night.

Current VoteCount 4.1:
Havingfitz - 0 - No-one
ChaosOmega - 0 - No-one
Internet Stranger - 0 - No-one
Maestro - 0 - No-one
Arugula - 0 - No-one

Not voting - 5 - Havingfitz, ChaosOmega, Internet Stranger, Maestro, Arugula
With 5 alive it takes 3 to Lynch

Day 4 begins now, deadline 26/8/12 09:00 AEST.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: Internet Stranger