Team Fortress 2 - MafiaScum Edition COMING BACK MAYBE?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Is there a server and or time you guys normally start to play on saturday?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I started playing online. Been using whatever class is mosted needed for my teams current situation. If my team has needed medics or sentries or whatever, I have been playing based on that

Most of the time I have been heavy, pyro, and engineer. And those are suitng me well

Here is a rather bad joke based on game fact. I played with a heavy who was named Michael Jackson. He said the team needed a medic. So I went Medic. Guess who I healed as medic...
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Umbrage »

We used to play on Saturdays, but eventually we just dissolved. If there's renewed interest, I'll be glad to start the dedicated MS server up again.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

/interest
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've been getting back into this. We should try out the Mann vs. Machine Multiplayer Mode.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Umbrage »

I tried it, pretty dull IMO. It's mainly about maximizing DPS through class upgrades, which doesn't appeal to me. I liked outwitting the enemy team, not conquering through superior firepower.

Then again, I haven't played with an organized group.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Should do some scrims, they're unbelievably more enjoyable then pubs.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In case it wasn't obvious I have interest

Would love to join up and take on machines or just beat down other teams in whatever game type
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Name on there now is DangerZone

Been mostly pyro, heavy, engy, and medic. Have not been spy much. Is quite a bit dificult as spy. Also weapons I have been getting have been mostly pyro related. I also got a hold of medival medic set so thats been serving me well. I want the cloak and dagger. if I get it then I will give my spy skills time to get better
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I could dig out my microphone if we want to try being pro-venters or something.

It feels kinda weird, since before my hiatus, I was mostly Engie and Heavy, but now I'm mostly Demo or Medic. Not sure why the change.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

My main desktop computer which I use for TF2 is having motherboard issues so might be a bit before I play more

Side note, I decide to try useing a game controllers over my piece of crap keyboard and mouse. The Madcatz xbox controller I own wasn't working entirly with TF2 when i gave it a try earlier. All buttons worked but the right Stick was not getting properly picked up by the game. I was unable to turn my head or look left and right in the game. I know the controller itself works as I have used that same joystick with some of my computer's N64 roms. Anyone know a fix to my controller situation for TF2?
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 am

Post by redFF »

Don't use a fucking controller for a pc fps that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard jesus christ.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

My home keyboard and mouse are ass. I play too many video games and rom games. My love of video games made me want to use a controller for the roms. Figured I'd give the controller a try for the expierence and see how it felt before I broke down and bought a new keyboard and mouse

Edit: A better way than using ass to describe the situation is the Mouse is overly sensitive. If lazer hits a bump on my desk then it jumps far off where I was just aiming. Basically you character auto switched to looking at the floor or the cieling in under a second
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 am

Post by Umbrage »

I recently got back into this. Sadly, I will be pretty out of it due to surgery for the next few days, but feel free to invite me/join a game I'm in any time. If there's enough interest (> 6 people) I'll see if I can get the server working again.

EDIT: I go by Demoman now.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 712, PokerFace wrote:My home keyboard and mouse are ass. I play too many video games and rom games. My love of video games made me want to use a controller for the roms. Figured I'd give the controller a try for the expierence and see how it felt before I broke down and bought a new keyboard and mouse

Edit: A better way than using ass to describe the situation is the Mouse is overly sensitive. If lazer hits a bump on my desk then it jumps far off where I was just aiming. Basically you character auto switched to looking at the floor or the cieling in under a second

Yep. That's lasers for you. Haven't looked back since I switched to optical.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by redFF »

Well playing a pc fps is just bad and wrong.

The reason your controller doesn't work in tf2 is because tf2 doesn't have any controller support.

Just buy a new keyboard and mouse, you won't be able to play tf2 or any other pc fps otherwise.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

A tip that should be in the OP is that medic can effectively uber two people by switching its heal between the two of them. Also, vita-saw is lovely.

I would totally want in for the MS TF2 thing if it weren't for the fact that I would be playing with 400 ping by virtue of being halfway across the world. Damnit.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Umbrage »

In post 716, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:A tip that should be in the OP is that medic can effectively uber two people by switching its heal between the two of them. Also, vita-saw is lovely.

I would totally want in for the MS TF2 thing if it weren't for the fact that I would be playing with 400 ping by virtue of being halfway across the world. Damnit.

I have never been in a situation that required a dual uber. It's fun, but more of a novelty than a required strategy.

Also any medic melee unlock is a total upgrade over the bonesaw.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Two medics with Ubersaw can chain Uber each other. Build up your charge, then Uber the other medic, he uses the Ubersaw to build up with meter, then when his Uber wears off, he switches to the Medigun to Uber the second medic, who now uses his Saw to charge his Uber. Rinse and repeat.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Medic is the most powerful class in the game, no question.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes but also arguably the most boring.

I only play Medic when I'm having no luck with my main classes.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Post by Umbrage »

battle medic

surprisingly effective if you can aim needles
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Wouldn't any other combat class be better than Medic at doing that? I mean, what class can it beat 1v1?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Medic can take down Sniper and Spy 1v1, provided he's in close and accurate with his needlegun or saw.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:12 pm

So can every other combat class lol. Pyro is one that springs closest to mind.

I just don't see why you would ever use Medic over another class for combat purposes.

That being said, combat engi is amazing. With Pomson equipped, I've been winning 1v1 against Medics, Spies, Snipers, Scouts, and sometimes pyro, and can beat basically any class with low health. By far the best weapon on an engineer (although frontier justice is okay too, and widowmaker if you're a boss at aiming). Also is great for spamming. Typically use that, standard pistol, and the gunslinger. Really fun to play with.

Return to “The Arcade”