Mini 1599: Greatest Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 4.2

DarkLightA (2):
Aronis, reinoe

No Lynch (2):
Marky Mark, DarkLightA

No Vote (2):
awesomeusername, Reminiscence

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is Monday, September 22, at 9:30AM CST, which is in (expired on 2014-09-22 09:30:00).

In post 669, awesomeusername wrote:
@Mod: Is a roleblocker allowed to target himself?
No.
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by awesomeusername »

In post 672, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 666, awesomeusername wrote:Also it is now confirmed to me that there is scum in {DarkLightA, Marky Mark}.

Where are you getting this from?

Rem posted while you were at L-1, stating that he wasn't hammering, so I concluded he couldn't be scum unless you were his partner. This is false; I forgot that he could be scum by himself.

@Marky Mark 673: I see what you're saying, but I've thought this through and you're not going to get conclusive information on whether or not I'm strongman tonight. If we try to orchestrate something with Aronis' night action and me telling whether he targeted someone, scum can just kill Aronis and I'm still alive and uncleared. Which really doesn't give us any information, strongman-wise.

For what it's worth, your paranoia makes you look quite town, which is solidifying my read on DarkLight.

VOTE: DarkLightA. L-1.

DarkLight is almost certainly scum so it would be silly for me not to try to get him lynched today. I don't think I'm going to get much more sure. If he flips scum today it'll be clear I'm town tomorrow. And if he doesn't flip today, we can try to use Aronis' night action to clear me. Both of these options are good. If he flips town today… I find this quite unlikely, but in this case we can still try to clear me tonight.

@DarkLight: Would you like to give some reads?
awesomesignature
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

@Aun - OK, I will be level with you. I've explained why I fell no-lynching is the optimum play here. My genuine fear is that we are rushing into a decision without the need to be doing so, and the fact you have been pushing so hard to lynch today and the impending deadline is adding to my fear that you could be a scum player desperate to get a mislynch through before it is too late. If you are in fact town, a no lynch would be able to confirm it by you watching aronis and him roleblocking you 1/2 of the time and the fact you seem keen to avoid doing this is giving me cause for concern. However, like much of the game so far nobody seems to be paying much attention to anything that I say. If the rest of the town are completely set on lynching then I guess we get darklight to post his death reads and cross our fingers, but if we have just handed the game to the scum on the plate becuase we were too impatient to no-lynch and play things out then I will not be happy :mad:
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:28 am

@Marky Mark: The problem with that plan is that scum could kill Aronis and nothing could be proven. Tell me how to fix this loophole, and I'm all for a no-lynch.

I don't know what to do. Here's where I'm at:

I'm about 90% sure DarkLight is scum. We need to lynch him, today or tomorrow. We've got the wagon today, and I'm afraid it won't materialize tomorrow. If we no-lynch, scum can just kill Aronis to ensure that nothing can be proven about me, so night's basically no good (unless I guess I watch Aronis die). Frankly, I don't see that much of a difference between lynching now and lynching later except that the wagon's right here in front of us and I'm going to have to work for it later.

I guess since there's not much a difference it shouldn't matter to me. I'm going to be pretty upset if we don't lynch DarkLight tomorrow though.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: No Lynch
awesomesignature
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:45 am

Yeah, actually, I'm fine with this. We don't have anything to lose going into night… we still get two lynches. Let's do this.

@reinoe: How do you think "serving up a townie on a silver platter" decreases our chance of winning without decreasing the number of lynches we have?

How about this plan: I flip a coin between watching reinoe and Aronis tonight. Aronis flips a coin between role blocking reinoe or doing something else. This way scum might get caught killing Aronis, or I might be confirmed. Really, there's a pretty good chance that nothing will happen, but at least this way we can WIFOM scum into giving us a shot at accomplishing something.
awesomesignature
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:02 am

No wait, your plan is better. I target Aronis, Aronis flips a coin to determine whether he blocks me or does something else.
awesomesignature
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 679, awesomeusername wrote:Yeah, actually, I'm fine with this. We don't have anything to lose going into night… we still get two lynches. Let's do this.

@reinoe: How do you think "serving up a townie on a silver platter" decreases our chance of winning without decreasing the number of lynches we have?

How about this plan: I flip a coin between watching reinoe and Aronis tonight. Aronis flips a coin between role blocking reinoe or doing something else. This way scum might get caught killing Aronis, or I might be confirmed. Really, there's a pretty good chance that nothing will happen, but at least this way we can WIFOM scum into giving us a shot at accomplishing something.

I'm obviously getting killed tonight because there is 100% chance I'm not the strongman.

Also your plan sucks ass.

Here's my plan:

Lynch DarklightA who hit L-1 but didn't get hammered.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:39 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Awesomeusername, thanks for going along with a no lynch. Frankly, I don't like how self-centered your play has been lately. You're talking a lot about you being NKed or you not being confirmed watcher overnight. You have to look at the bigger picture though. Any information, any NK, gives town more information, and a no lynch at least gives us the possibility of gathering more information. I hope you understand this.

Regarding my reads, my top town read is Marky Mark. Awesomeusername used to be obvtown to me, but his play lately has seemed a bit off. Then again, so have most other players' play. I'm afraid that too much weight is being placed on what awesome says, and in the event that awesome is scum that totally fucks us up. There is so much scummy behavior going on, and blind following. Look at reinoe; he asks for a aronis lynch over mine, and then votes me later without addressing me at all.

I understand the apathy that's going on, but I'm really
really
against the idea of sacrificing a potential advantage we get from no lynching in favor of ending the game early. I'll be happy if we don't lynch because, firstly, it means I won't be killed, which would potentially end the game if we're in MyLo, but also because it gives us more information for tomorrow.

Reinoe, regarding your plan, why the hell is someone getting to L-1 an argument for why they should be lynched?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:51 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 682, DarkLightA wrote:

Reinoe, regarding your plan, why the hell is someone getting to L-1 an argument for why they should be lynched?

You not getting hammered pretty much confirms we're not in MyLo. It also implies that either scum was on your wagon already or you yourself are scum. There's also an outside chance that scum wants to slow roll it. I don't like AUN's quick unvote when you were at L-1 because it weakens my points.

Obviously I think No-Lynch is bullshit at this point and A.U.N.'s plan is absolute garbage. It's a terrrible plan.

Rem should have been lynched ages ago.
A.U.N.'s plan is bad. So bad that I'm now suspicious of him.
I don't think Aronis is the person we're looking for.

If we No-Lynch today then A.U.N. should be lynched tomorrow.

Seriously A.U.N. recommended that Aronis roleblock me. That is awful. Really all kinds of awful. What action is A.U.N. trying to prevent with my roleblock? Unless there's a scenario I haven't thought up yet, I can't possibly be strongman.

Marky is the only townread I have.

Rem-I've been thinking scum all game
Darklight-lean scum.
A.U.N.-Lean scum for that terrible Roleblock idea.
Aronis-null. Don't like the vanilla townie discard but at least he's not on board with this No-Lynch shit.

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:07 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 683, reinoe wrote:You not getting hammered pretty much confirms we're not in MyLo.

This sentence was also odd. You're assuming that I'm town. And yet you're on my wagon.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:09 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 684, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 683, reinoe wrote:You not getting hammered pretty much confirms we're not in MyLo.

This sentence was also odd. You're assuming that I'm town. And yet you're on my wagon.

Yeah it is. That's what happens when you don't think before you post.

Selkie
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 am

Blaugh, this is why I wanted to lynch today. :/ This whole situation is giving me the heebie-jeebies. It's obvious that town is falling apart.

@reinoe: Why is my plan scummy? The reason I have you as one of Aronis' possible roleblock options is so that I can have you as one of my possible watch options, so scum has to take a risk to kill you. Because you're not strongman.

I still think DarkLight is scum. Fair warning, if Rem puts him at L-1, I'll probably hammer. No-lynch is alright, too, though.
awesomesignature
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Awesomeusername, do you think town is at more of an advantage by lynching or not lynching?
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:31 am

I can't decide.

On the one hand, lynching today is almost certain to hit scum (you). On the other hand, not lynching today gives us more information, but ironically, we're probably less likely to lynch scum. If we don't lynch today, it will be a lot more difficult to garner support for your lynch, but I feel I'm more likely to get that support if I let us no-lynch.

… lynching today is probably better, though.

VOTE: DarkLightA

Gah, I know this flip-flopping looks scummy, but I feel like it's up to me to push the lynch through on DarkLight either today or tomorrow. I need people to believe me, and if it takes no-lynching to do that I'm willing to do that. That's why I've been so self-centered today; I'm 95% certain I know who scum is and I need people to listen!
awesomesignature
awesomeusername
awesomeusername
Goon
awesomeusername
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am

But you're all too paranoid. I messed it all up and we're gonna lose because I couldn't keep it together the one time I actually even needed to keep it together. I'm sorry, guys, really.

I'm done for a few hours. This is stressing me out way more than is reasonable for a game on the internet.
awesomesignature
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 683, reinoe wrote:Obviously I think No-Lynch is bullshit at this point and A.U.N.'s plan is absolute garbage. It's a terrrible plan.

It is exactly attitudes like this that worry me about rushing into a deadline lynch.

In post 686, awesomeusername wrote:I still think DarkLight is scum. Fair warning, if Rem puts him at L-1, I'll probably hammer. No-lynch is alright, too, though.

This is the one thing I'm really struggling to fathom about Aun's play today. He's been making all the right noises about supporting a no-lynch while simultaneously trying his best to get a lynch pushed through behind the sceneses, which is making it very hard to understand his true motives.

pedit : how the heck are we less likely to lynch scum tomorrow when we will be in exactly the same position as today but with more info and less people to mislynch. This confirms my fears I had started to write up above. Aun is smart enough to see that a no-lynch is optimal here, and the fact he is slyly trying to push a lynch through regardless is really starting to concern me.

pedit2 : we'll only mess this up if we rush into stupid decisions, which is completely avoidable in our scenario
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 am

Post by DarkLightA »

This is ridiculous. If we no-lynch we'll be in the same position as we are today, except with more information. However, you're risking the game because you want the game to end faster and because of awesome's egoism.

Fuck it. If you want to end the game this way, have at it. I don't fucking understand why any town player (and there is at least one on my wagon) would want to sacrifice a superior position, and I probably never will.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@Reinoe - given Aun's two-facedness and grandstanding about supporting a no-lynch while trying to push the darklight lynch through simulataneously I'm starting to think that we are playing straight into scum's hands. I know you disagree about no-lynching but if rem is indeed scum him hammering could spell game over. A no-lynch would help us narrow down which of aun/darklight is the strongman. I would feel a lot safer if you at least unvoted while we sorted this out.

pedit : thats basically the basis of my scumread on aun, he seems like a very capable player and the fact he is not following the optimal play for town is really suspicious (as is the fact he places a vote on the wagon and then decides to take time off so that he cannot be scrutinized for it)
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:00 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Rem had a chance to hammer before and he didn't take it. That means that he is definitely not scum in a MyLo situation, which is reassuring. It still leaves the potential of him being single-scum and just didn't want to quick hammer, and that is a scary possibility if he ends up hammering now.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:02 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 689, awesomeusername wrote:But you're all too paranoid. I messed it all up and we're gonna lose because I couldn't keep it together the one time I actually even needed to keep it together. I'm sorry, guys, really.

I'm done for a few hours. This is stressing me out way more than is reasonable for a game on the internet.

Hold on a minute...

you're all to paranoid? I could understand that comment directed at Darklight or Marky Mark who are supporting No-Lynch... but A.U.N. is also strongly in favor of no-lynch unless he's not in favor of lynch but only if we're in favor of no-lynch...

Ugh. I know I've been playing a bit recklessly but that's because I think NO-LYNCH is stupid. A.U.N. is all of a sudden trying to eat his cake and have it too.

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:03 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Reinoe, why exactly are you against a no lynch? Spell it out for me, and let's discuss it.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:03 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Awesomeusername seems increasingly eager to lynch the more suspicion he gathers, which is really worrying in my eyes, especially considering the influence he's had on the game and the day.
Reminiscence
Reminiscence
Goon
Reminiscence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Reminiscence »

In post 680, awesomeusername wrote:No wait, your plan is better. I target Aronis, Aronis flips a coin to determine whether he blocks me or does something else.

Aronis shouldn't be blocking you.
Ever.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:19 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 695, DarkLightA wrote:Reinoe, why exactly are you against a no lynch? Spell it out for me, and let's discuss it.

A no-lynch increases the amount of influence a scum voice has.
A no-lynch guarantees that a townie gets killed. Especially if Aronis Roleblocks me.
What info are we getting in the night that we won't have right now?

Selkie
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 am

Post by DarkLightA »

We get info from awesomeusername. Whether he's town or not, that's useful. It also limits the number of mislynches available, while making it easier for town to lynch correctly (3 votes required rather than 4).

As long as you're not blindly following what others are saying (and to be honest, it seems you have done so today) it won't hurt town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”