Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Fate, what town powers?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Fate »

Lol is that supposed to be a pro-town question?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Arugula »

Fate stayed off the Code wagon once I hopped on and wasn't on the McStab wagon either.

Tebow, don't let Fate's abrasiveness fool you. He's still scum. And I don't like how you write me off as an idiot. I admit I have had a few bad games onsite, particularly large games, but I'm not incompetent either.
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by havingfitz »

I'd switch from IS today and Fate tomorrow to a Fate lynch today and IS tomorrow just to shut Fate up. If he get's to L-1 I will gladly hammer him.

Mind you...I think IS is scummier than Fate...but the shut Fate up option is attractive. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

And Fate...if it's any consolation...if the game makes it to LYLO and I'm still around and Arugula is still around, I'll be happy to carry the lynch Arugula torch for you (pending a close read through of him naturally).
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Fate is using aggressiveness and bravado as a defense. He is barking loud trying to get you to follow his lead, kinda like drill instructord use intimidation to get their point across.

Don't fall for that shit, especially you, Tebow.

Fate is hinging his whole defense on a crazy conspiracy theory based on Arugula. His story is full of holes and isn't being sincere. Notice how he doesn't concede anything, dismisses damning evidence and just power yells through the rest. Fate is scum.

Especially you Tebow, you don't think Arugula to be scum right now, is what Fate saying really convincing or does it just sound good because he is suddenly pulling his meta out when he wasn't all game prior to this. We weren't "important enough" to him earlier, so why are we now?

Its because he is scum under the spotlight. Fate needs to hang.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Post by Maestro »

Just checking in as I re/read, but I don't like last night at all. Where were Guttersnipe's NK's? Or has it been scum choosing to NoKill? Or do we have the most accurate Doc in history? (It's always a possibility.) My brain is pulp right now after a long day so I don't know...my posts will be more coherent when I have more time to make them I guess...it's 3 AM...what am I doing here...

Thoughts since I was last here:

Guttersnipe
was being annoying but wouldn't have lynched him anytime soon; reads list is now superNull. Several were way off, most of the good reads I had are dead (
most
of them) and I don't think anybody here seems to be paying any attention to me so whatever.
Fate
is not reacting well to pressure IMO, his multipost tirade doesn't make him look good at all, regardless of what good point(s) he makes.
IS
...doin' pretty much the same. Everyone gave off too much of an "oh, that's standard IS"-vibe early game so I don't know what to think of him. All of his logic on Fate seems pretty sound though. If I had to vote right now (should I vote right now?) than I would vote Fate just because of what I already said and because IS seems to be presenting his case with a little more...composure than Fate. I dunno...that probably doesn't make sense. I'm still rereading and will post more on IS vs. Fate soon since they seem to be where we're headed.
havingfitz
is getting iffy IMO. The main things that popped up was really recent, which is why I saw it. Post 678 is fencesitting to an extreme I've never seen before; basically he says he'll go with whichever one gets closest to being lynched. He'll go IS because he thinks he's scummier, and he'll go Fate "just to shut him up." Even a loud, obnoxious townie could still be a helpful townie.
Arugula
is not somebody I want in LyLo, but I don't know what it is about him that pings my scumdar other than gut...sorry if that's not helpful. I'll go look through an ISO of you tomorrow since I must say your posts lately have been confusing. Your my least solid read at this point besides IS.
Tebow
is redeeming himself but seems to be sheeping IS rather nicely while remaining distanced from any harsh opinions of Fate.
Odd but fine for now, especially since I'm doing pretty much the same.
Now that I think about it, he's good by me till the end.
ChaosOmega
...where is he? He's managed to (amazingly enough) distance himself from Tebow and shy away from any pressure leftover from D1 & 2 that we could've used to better ascertain his alignment.

Spoiler: MeatWorld problems
Also, apologies for my
complete
absence during Code_X fest. My brother's been suffering some nasty side effects from chemotherapy recently and I've had to cover some of his shifts at work, hopefully everybody here will understand prioritization. Money and Sleep > Mafia
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Iknal »

Current VoteCount 3.2:
Havingfitz - 0 - No-one
ChaosOmega - 0 - No-one
Internet Stranger - 2 - havingfitz, ChaosOmega
Tebow - 0 - No-one
Maestro - 0 - No-one
Arugula - 1 - Fate
Fate - 2 - Arugula, Internet Stranger

Not voting - 2 - Tebow, Maestro
With 7 alive it takes 4 to Lynch
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:30 am

Post by Fate »

???

This game is a fucking joke.

I break thegame open and fitz will hammer me to shut me up?

Maestro says I'm scum because I make good points? The fuck do you know about my meta to judge my reaction
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:35 am

Post by Maestro »

I said you're probably scum regardless of the good point you made. That's completely different - my main reason for not liking you is your atrocious reaction to pressure from IS...I thought that was clear.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

Oh hi Maestro. I forgot you were in this game. Thanks for the ~reads.

Uh...Gutter is dead so who cares.

Your assessment of Fate seems to indicate you have suspicions towards him.

Your assessment of IS confirms your suspicions towards Fate and indicates you might have suspicions towards IS?

You suspect me for suspecting both Fate and IS...both of whom you appear to suspect. :?

Questions for Maestro

1) Do you think this game is a 8-2-1 or a 7-3-1 setup?

2) If you think it is an 8-2-1 setup....do you think the odds are for or against McStab's remaining scum partner being on his lynch...when there were viable alternatives (Chaos and Code)? In this setup we would have 2 mislynches still available to us and worst case (neither Fate or IS being scum) we would still have a 3 person LYLO for town to find scum in.

3) If you think it is an 7-3-1 setup...do you really think BOTH of McStab's remaining partners were on his lynch? If the answer is no...then we have a 50-50 chance of hitting scum between Fate and IS (hence my I do not care which one we lynch philosophy). Even if we choose between Fate and IS and get it wrong today, after getting it right tomorrow we would still have a 3 person LYLO for town to find scum in. In this set up we could even be looking at a Fate AND IS remaining team.

With both Fate and IS being off the McStab wagon...there is no way either of them should be in LYLO. Even if they both happen to be town we still need to get rid of them before LYLO.

4) Why aren't you voting anyone?

Fate...if you weren't in the grouping of 2 living players not off the McStab lynch I would not be pursuing your lynch. As it is...my comment above regarding you and IS (in bold) carries more weight fmpov than your opinion. WHICH...if you ARE town...neither of us would be certain of your game breaking opinion's accuracy so thank for your opinion. Maybe it will come in handy later.

tl:dr;
If there is one scum left I do not see it being on Mcstab's lynch (scum's lone partner and a PR at that). If there are TWO scum left in the game...there is no way in he// at least one of them is not IS or Fate. So let's lynch IS and Fate in no particular order.

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:40 am

I dont like the way Fitz dismisses the possibility of there being two scum left and them not being Fate and I. Thats shady as fuck too. If I was scum and me and my partner bussed McStab, I would be pushing that option HARD, kinda like Fitz is doing. Get rid of IS and Fate (Since that makes the most sense) and boom, scum suddenly win.

Lets get rid of Fate first, lets see what happens (I have a strong belief that Fate is scum regardless), then reassess what we are looking at tomorrow instead of railroading a plan all the way from back here.
Show

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 am

Post by Fate »

In post 683, Maestro wrote:I said you're probably scum regardless of the good point you made. That's completely different - my main reason for not liking you is your atrocious reaction to pressure from IS...I thought that was clear.

Reaction to pressure?

I was behind this game and so started posting CONTENT my THOUGHTS on the game.

A fuckin 3 month scrub like you has no right to call my posting atrocious when you can't even SEE why I'm posting.

IS setting up Fitz after I flip town already? That's just sad Stranger. We both know you're dead as fuck if I'm lynched today
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 am

Post by Fate »

In post 677, Arugula wrote:Fate stayed off the Code wagon once I hopped on and wasn't on the McStab wagon either.

Tebow, don't let Fate's abrasiveness fool you. He's still scum. And I don't like how you write me off as an idiot. I admit I have had a few bad games onsite, particularly large games, but I'm not incompetent either.

So you're saying me hopping off the town wagon I was PUSHING was for credit?

How does that even make sense? I hopped off the counterwagon to my scumbuddy but then didn't bus him?

I make no sense as scum in this game. Only morns like Maestro and Fitz (who is policy lynching D3..) or scum refuse to see this.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:09 am

Post by havingfitz »

Fate...why aren't you voting IS? If he's scum it's most likely game over. If he isn't (or if there are two scum) you live to tomorrow and push Arugula then.

Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Tebow »

In post 679, Internet Stranger wrote:
Especially you Tebow, you don't think Arugula to be scum right now, is what Fate saying really convincing or does it just sound good because he is suddenly pulling his meta out when he wasn't all game prior to this. We weren't "important enough" to him earlier, so why are we now?

I don't. But it's Fitz vs Arugula in terms of 'Who would I end up wanting to lynch if neither IS nor Fate is scum.' It may well come down to those two in endgame if the game isn't over by then. And Arugula hasn't had a huge amount of scrutiny, so it does no harm to press him on the questionable parts of his play.

@ Arugula:
Your last post contained plenty of whining about how it's unfair to characterize you as a poor player, and absolutely no reaction to it being pointed out that your stated reason for your vote is completely and utterly untrue. Please respond to this.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 am

Post by Arugula »

What is untrue? I really don't understand Fate's rants.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Fate »

In post 688, havingfitz wrote:Fate...why aren't you voting IS? If he's scum it's most likely game over. If he isn't (or if there are two scum) you live to tomorrow and push Arugula then.

I wanted to test support initially for Arugula, just because I'm THAT DAMN SURE about him. For all I know IS might be town and YOU are the one trololscummming it up because youve locked two town in a false dichotomy while everyone let's Arugula coast.

IS if you're town open your fucking eyes and tell me what the fuck is so town about Arugula
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:24 am

Im under the impression that Arugula was all over the McStab and Code lynches. Is that not the case? Or was he hopping on and off at opportune moments?
Show

Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Tebow »

Arugula:

In post 623, Arugula wrote:VOTE: Fate

He "loved" the McStab wagon and disliked the Code wagon for little reason. It reads to me like he was trying to get towncred for staying off the town wagon and being a propent of the scum wagon.

It is not true that he "loved" the McStab wagon. He was saying McStab was town and a bad wagon from the moment he replaced in. He also didn't dislike the Code wagon for little reason, he made it very clear his position on Code: he found him scummy and attacked him out of the gate, but soured on that wagon because you pushed it in a manner he apparently found really scummy.

@ IS: Arugula was on McStab initially, went off McStab because 'no one else was interested' in a McStab lynch, and went to Code. He returned to McStab close to deadline when McStab started to look viable again, then went full bore after Code_X the next day.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:24 am

I dont see where Fate is coming off with his crazy conspiracy theory then. Looks like Fate is clutching at straws at this point.
Show

Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Arugula »

Ok, I don't know where my head was at when I reread that.

Well that makes him even scummier. He didn't want McStab lynched, which makes sense because who would want their only scumbuddy lynched? And it seems like he was pushing a mislynch on Code, but used my tenacity as an excuse to hop off when the wagon was getting too far and he would be associated with it.

Thanks for pointing out the flaws. It makes Fate look even worse.
Tebow
Tebow
Goon
Tebow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Tebow »

Well, sure, it arguably makes him look worse. But it also makes it look like you're committed to trying to paint him as scummy no matter what he does. He's for the McStab wagon? You say he's distancing. He's against it? He's defending a buddy.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 684, havingfitz wrote:Oh hi Maestro. I forgot you were in this game. Thanks for the ~reads.

Uh...Gutter is dead so who cares.
Yup, fine.

Your assessment of Fate seems to indicate you have suspicions towards him.
Pretty much. More accurately, I just don't like his current attitude in this game. It's definitely not pro-town. If he is even town, then he's either bloodthirsty or overly-fedup town or some combination. If he's scum he's heavily dosing us with some AtE.

Your assessment of IS confirms your suspicions towards Fate and indicates you might have suspicions towards IS?
Nope, not really. I said I don't know what to think since everyone's been writing it off to his normal playstyle. @IS: did you link meta? If so, I'll look it through but I don't know what I'll find.

You suspect me for suspecting both Fate and IS...both of whom you appear to suspect. :?
I found you iffy because of the way you stated your views on the competing wagons. It sounded like you would be fine lynching whichever was easiest - you even backed it up by saying you'd settle for a Fate lynch just because he's being obnoxious and you wanted to shut him up...if you lynch somebody it should be for valid reason, otherwise it's random and completely anti-town.

Questions for Maestro

1) Do you think this game is a 8-2-1 or a 7-3-1 setup?
8-2-1 just seems more likely, IMO. I don't exactly know the chances of either setup but the option with less scum would be more balanced so I'd lean that way.

2) If you think it is an 8-2-1 setup....do you think the odds are for or against McStab's remaining scum partner being on his lynch...when there were viable alternatives (Chaos and Code)? In this setup we would have 2 mislynches still available to us and worst case (neither Fate or IS being scum) we would still have a 3 person LYLO for town to find scum in.
I don't understand the relevance of counting possible mislynches if you're just asking me this question. Are you trying to influence my opinion? It's just odd. Also, I wouldn't completely rule out scum bussing D1 but if it did actually happen it's kindof ridiculous to expect the scum-busser to be one of the "wait-and-watch type" bussers. Scum would have to be pretty dedicated to buss their PR partner D1, so I think they were either spearheading for McStab or they weren't even on his wagon.

3)
If you think it is an 7-3-1 setup...do you really think BOTH of McStab's remaining partners were on his lynch? If the answer is no...then we have a 50-50 chance of hitting scum between Fate and IS (hence my I do not care which one we lynch philosophy). Even if we choose between Fate and IS and get it wrong today, after getting it right tomorrow we would still have a 3 person LYLO for town to find scum in. In this set up we could even be looking at a Fate AND IS remaining team.
Like I said, I don't find this likely...but IS's comment about the possibility of him and Fate both being scum was strange. Maybe he could clarify the point of it.
P-Edit: I reread it and I understand now. @IS: do you think havingfitz is tunneling you and trying to associate the two of you to line up lynches?

With both Fate and IS being off the McStab wagon...there is no way either of them should be in LYLO. Even if they both happen to be town we still need to get rid of them before LYLO.
I agree with this wholeheartedly if you're saying that they wouldn't help town in LyLo...if you're just saying lynch them on policy...that's not a very pro-town thing to say at all. Clarify which you meant please.

4) Why aren't you voting anyone?
Because I don't know who to vote for yet, and it seems like Tebow and I are going to have to think our votes through more carefully since the rest of you have left this in a stalemate.

It looks like Fate could answer the P-Edit to #3:
In post 691, Fate wrote:
In post 688, havingfitz wrote:Fate...why aren't you voting IS? If he's scum it's most likely game over. If he isn't (or if there are two scum) you live to tomorrow and push Arugula then.

I wanted to test support initially for Arugula, just because I'm THAT DAMN SURE about him. For all I know IS might be town and YOU are the one trololscummming it up because youve locked two town in a false dichotomy while everyone let's Arugula coast.

Except he makes it even more specific by pointing out that havingfitz could be drawing suspicion away from Aru...how would that make sense? I'm confused. No scum would do that and let themselves be noticed, and I don't think Aru's done anything that would make me think so highly of him that I'd confidently WhiteKnight him as town.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:53 am

Maestro, yes. Im suspicious of Fitz being all sneaky.
Show

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Maestro »

I just don't know why he's so focused on you vs. Fate. Honestly, nobody's been completely cleared as far as I'm concerned. I hate how people do that in games: to me there is such thing as conftown till you're dead.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”