Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

You don't have a choice in the matter, Max. Unless something crazy happens, one of the two is getting lynched. Your vote is not doing anything.

If you have any preference whatsoever, you should vote for one of the two.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Max »

Sniper appears more incompetent than actually scummy. For the sole reason I don't want a sniper lynch, and believe instead that sniper will probably leave the game at some point, he evidently doesn't like the pace of our games so why play them?

Unvote
Vote: Nicodemus

Though I doubt that Nico is scum either, sniper lynch can be used as a scapegoat and scum can easily not be held accountable to their lynch.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

"Let's head back," Sarah told Nik quietly. "We can't do anything more here."

"Agreed," Nik replied. The two of them started walking back to the meeting room, painfully aware of every step they made. This was supposed to be a quiet, peaceful colony, Sarah thought. Now everything was being turned upside down. The one recourse they had against this invasion was almost as barbaric as the invasion itself.

Don't second guess yourself, Sarah. It's the correct decision, and like it or not you've got to stick with it.

The Movie Script Vote Count

(6) Nicodemus: Nikanor, Steam-Powered Shovel, Sniper, Haylen, Furry, Max

(5) Sniper: Pulindar, Alduskkel, Slaxx, SFG, LordChronos
(1) SFG: Dragonfly13

Not Voting: Nicodemus

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: March 13th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Furry »

Slaxx wrote:Furry, if Nic flips town, what do we do tomorrow with Max? You still think max is scum without Nico being scum?
Absolutely. I lean more likely otherscum since I dont think he would be defending Nico without at least putting pressure on sniper (infact I would bet Nico-scum has a partner on the sniper wagon).

Nico town you especially need to lynch Max-scum though, I seriously would reccomend quick lynching Max if Nico is town.
Temporary unretired alt
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Max »

I seriously would reccomend quick lynching Max if Nico is town.
Weren't you advocating my lynch anyway?

This is like me saying you should lynch Alduskkel if Nico is town. I'd endorse an Alduskkel lynch if he's town or scum.

On another note, I don't see how Nico town links me to him when most people seemed to believe I'm his scumpartner?

On a third note ^He's manipulating the town
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Furry »

Max wrote:
I seriously would reccomend quick lynching Max if Nico is town.
Weren't you advocating my lynch anyway?
Yeah, but he asked. Repetition makes people more likely to agree with it.
On another note, I don't see how Nico town links me to him when most people seemed to believe I'm his scumpartner?
Acutally as I said, Nico-scumA makes you less likely scumA then others given the massive inefficiency, yet blatantness of defending him going on. Doesnt detract in the least from you being scumB though if he is scumA, just means you wouldnt be my top scumA pick.
On a third note ^He's manipulating the town
Yeah, yeah I am. I do that quite a bit regardless of my alignment.
Temporary unretired alt
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 am

Post by SFG »

Furry wrote:Nico town you especially need to lynch Max-scum though, I seriously would reccomend quick lynching Max if Nico is town.
Why? Why does the innocence of Nico prove conclusively that Max is scum, to the point where we should pass up all the information generated by a Day to give what we hope is not a mislynch? This is starting to make me seriously doubt you, Furry.

Also one thing that I hadn't considered before that I am considering now...

Hold that thought until after I can retroactively apply it, I don't want my data getting messed up because I opened my mouth too early :P
Furry wrote:Yeah, but he asked. Repetition makes people more likely to agree with it.
Why are you using a logical fallacy to try and sway the town?

Furry just went up a lot on my scumdar.
The textwaller of d00m
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Max »

Pretty much the same for me. I thought he was townie until that last post.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Furry »

SFG wrote:
Furry wrote:Nico town you especially need to lynch Max-scum though, I seriously would reccomend quick lynching Max if Nico is town.
Why? Why does the innocence of Nico prove conclusively that Max is scum, to the point where we should pass up all the information generated by a Day to give what we hope is not a mislynch? This is starting to make me seriously doubt you, Furry.
I see Max as scum to the point where I would be not having to wait for long to vig, RB, etc him. Now, Nico-scum is the only flip I really see that can detract heavily from Max-scum chances given the way that Max is going about trying to not have him lynched. So if Nico flips town, the biggest possible detractor from a Max wagon didnt really exist.

The "quicklynch" may be a bit of an overstatement, but if I get killed I want people to not be letting this go.
Furry wrote:Yeah, but he asked. Repetition makes people more likely to agree with it.
Why are you using a logical fallacy to try and sway the town?
Yeah, I am a bit. This game is just as much about making sure your case gets noticed and listened to as much as it is getting correct reads. I know there are some games where people didnt listen to me and town got crushed, so I do whatever I view as the right move to get the moves that need to be done, get done.

Im a manipulative little bugger, always have been and always will be. Not going to deny that I will occasionally try and use fallacies, wording and other general trickery to gain votes for my cause.
Temporary unretired alt
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Max »

What would you have said if I had voted sniper?

That I'm evidently trying to distance myself from Nico?
I'm bussing? I'm trying to deflect attention.

The only reason for my Nico vote is because I don't want sniper. I think Nico is lurking but I don't think he's scum.

I'm opposed to both of the main wagons. Ultimately however Lynch>No Lynch. Especially Day 1.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Furry »

Max wrote:What would you have said if I had voted sniper?
Then you can easily be scum with Nico. Look at it this way -

Nico scum only can really be saved by a sniper lynch, there isnt enough time for another counterwagon. That means the best spot for a partner to Nico to look would be said sniper wagon.

You are not voting for Nico, but your vote is doing absolutely nothing to stop Nico from being lynched. I think at this point a partner to Nico is either going to be bussing him or trying to save him, you are detaching yourself from his lynch without trying to save him, which is absolutely the worst thing for a partner for him to do. It is (depending on players outlook) scummy, and will just get your partner lynched. This has since been rectified but my point still stands.

Because of that, I dont think any active players voting "other" could be a Nico-partner. I would say a Nico-partner is on the tail end of his wagon, or on the sniper wagon.
Temporary unretired alt
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

Post by SFG »

Furry wrote:I think at this point a partner to Nico is either going to be bussing him or trying to save him
Ok, there are two possible things that can happen. 1. Nico can be lynched or 2. Nico can not be lynched. OF COURSE ONE OF THESE TWO OPTIONS IS GOING TO HAPPEN. You, good sir, are an idiot.
The textwaller of d00m
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Furry »

SFG wrote:
Furry wrote:I think at this point a partner to Nico is either going to be bussing him or trying to save him
Ok, there are two possible things that can happen. 1. Nico can be lynched or 2. Nico can not be lynched. OF COURSE ONE OF THESE TWO OPTIONS IS GOING TO HAPPEN. You, good sir, are an idiot.
I should apparently rephrase that to "trying to save him through a sniper wagon" as there are quite a few other ways of getting a partner out of a tough spot. In this case there just isnt enough time to pull off anything else then a sniper lynch to stop a Nico one. The people who dont belive in a Nico lynch yet arent voting sniper dont fit the bill of partner to Nico-scum
Temporary unretired alt
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Max »

Because of that, I dont think any active players voting "other" could be a Nico-partner. I would say a Nico-partner is on the tail end of his wagon, or on the sniper wagon.
Right, so until I voted Nico I wasn't his partner?
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 am

Post by SFG »

Furry's logic has 9001 flaws in it imo :/
The textwaller of d00m
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Furry »

Max wrote:
Right, so until I voted Nico I wasn't his partner?
You still arent due to timing. I would guess a nico partner is one of [Haylen/LC/Slaxx/SFG] with most likely LC actually.

I get a distinct feeling that im failing to explain my thought process well
Temporary unretired alt
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 am

Post by SFG »

Furry wrote: I get a distinct feeling that im failing to explain my thought process well
This. I can't tell where you got your conclusions from and your most recent post doesn't add up with what you were saying before either, so I am very very confused.
The textwaller of d00m
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Hey guys, what up, not much to say, just popping in to
Vote: Sniper
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Haylen »

any particular reason?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:50 am

Post by SFG »

I guess that makes Dragonfly the deciding vote here...unless somehow everyone else decides to flomp over and vote someone else, which I highly doubt.
The textwaller of d00m
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Haylen wrote:any particular reason?
Well, I don't want to vote for myself, and Sniper has been my #2 for the better part of the day.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Haylen »

So it's basically a deadline, opportunistic vote.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Furry »

SFG wrote:
Furry wrote: I get a distinct feeling that im failing to explain my thought process well
This. I can't tell where you got your conclusions from and your most recent post doesn't add up with what you were saying before either, so I am very very confused.
What parts dont seem to add up? Interested so I can actually get my point accross here.
Nicodemus wrote:Hey guys, what up, not much to say, just popping in to
Vote: Sniper
Temporary unretired alt
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:55 am

Post by SFG »

Haylen, don't tell me you could possibly have expected Nico to have voted any way other than he did.
The textwaller of d00m
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Haylen wrote:So it's basically a deadline, opportunistic vote.
Nice distancing.

Return to “Completed Open Games”