Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:13 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Ya, it was really early on... first day I think.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Starbuck is not the only one guilty of tunnel vision this game, as the Pablo wagon was led by T-chan.
I think I aided in making sure T-chan was thinking a Pablo lynch was a good lynch.
Possibly. But we won't know until T-chan posts. If T-chan was more experienced I don't think you'd have been able to influence her. Nicely done though!
Pablo Molinero wrote:VRK - Did I have any ground to stand on when bringing up the Day 1 townie-lynch (which fitz/PE both were both a part of and I was not)?
I understand why you did it, but I had the benefit of knowing roles. I think to the uninformed majority it looked like you were trying to cast suspicion elsewhere, and I think that's the way I would have taken it had I been a player.

I still think the case on you was much weaker than the one on fitz. Sorry fitz, but that's just your inexperience talking. It will improve :)

RE: Toro's alt status - if T-chan is an alt, it's not showing up on an IP search, which is why she was placed as a new player instead of an SE.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

havingfitz wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
Starbuck wrote:It hit me that we were in LYLO when I was at dinner.
You're saying you didn't realize we were in LYLO when you made your vote? I don't believe that for one second. Even I will give you more credit than that. You were just set on voting me. Even if we weren't in LYLO that quick a vote was uncalled for. You just pulled the rug out of ~seven weeks of the town's efforts. Admit it.
Ok this is unnecessary - take it easy fitz. You're not a mind reader, so I think benefit of the doubt is due here.
Agreed...I'm not a mind reader.
havingfitz wrote: I agree it would be good to hear from Starbuck...especially since we now know she is town and is set to play the deciding vote in Day 4 if we don't get it right today. Please get into the game Starbuck....
havingfitz wrote:You did replace confirmed town and if this game goes to day four....you hold the deciding vote.
havingfitz wrote:Her role is pivitol (if we don't get today's vote right)
havingfitz wrote:I just hope we're right on Pablo and he flips scum since Starbuck has her sights locked on me and if she's forced to choose between me and Paltry on day four....Paltry will have played a good game and scum will be in line to win.
havingfitz wrote:-- If Pablo is being truthful with his last post...at least give me the courtesy of making my case on Paltry before you go through with your chiseled in stone vote for me.
I'll wait to go to the trouble until VRK confirms but we have all put too much effort into this game to see it go down as a quick loss to scum.
Pablo Molinero wrote:.... Nope, you guys are going into LyLo. Good luck, Starbuck.
I admit I'm frustrated at the way day three transpired and day four started but I at least think Starbuck should elaborate on what her thought processes were and not attribute the day four quick vote to not knowing we were in LYLO. And there is no need to call anyone names. I'm not trying to make anything personal...I've giving my opinion on game events.

I'm enjoying everyone's post game comments and hope to file them away and would be just as interested in SB's if they had any content to them. Sorry and I forgot isn't a whole lot to take away from the key player at game's end.

I've enjoyed both games I have played in but there is more room for improvement (for me) than I care to admit.
I can understand the frustration, but that post was very, very aggressive and it did border on getting personal. There were a lot of tempers flaring Day 3, and I possibly should have given the Night cycle another 24 hours to let everyone cool off further.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

@Pablo - VRK said it perfectly right here:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:I still think the case on you was much weaker than the one on fitz.

I would definitely like to know what T-chan as town and the cop was thinking when she hammered you.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 am

Post by havingfitz »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:I still think the case on you was much weaker than the one on fitz. Sorry fitz, but that's just your inexperience talking. It will improve :)
No need to apologize to me. I knew I was town whereas I didn't know Pablo was...so I wasn't going to target myself. I was surprised I didn't get more negative attention with the OMG push...the hammer pass...Mitey and ABR both voting me and getting NK'd and my uncertainty about DN/almightybob being scum. I thought I did good to get Pablo lynched over me. I didn't really think he had any major tells...just between he and Paltry, he had the longer list of possible tells to me.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:22 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

This is just a historical question, but has there ever been a 2-post final day before?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

PaltryExcuse wrote:This is just a historical question, but has there ever been a 2-post final day before?

Yes. I don't have a game number for you, but I have seen
at least
one.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by Zorblag »

A two post final day can be found here in NG 749. Starbuck is a good player. The quick vote last day surprised me a lot and actually made me think she was scum when I was following the game as I know that she normally wouldn't do it as town. These things happen though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Of course I wasn't following that closely. Had I been part of the game the cop result would have swayed my opinions. Mostly I just looked in during the final day, saw the quick vote from Starbuck and thought, "Ah, now that's scum going for the quick lynch to win the game." I find quick votes in LyLo to be particularly scummy (probably more than most players do actually.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I wasn't paying attention after I died, but I'm sad to see town lost :(
don't you feel silly now?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”