Shell Game (Day 6)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #6250 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:32 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 6237, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6141, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 6116, Bingle wrote: I’ve been incredibly low wim this game and haven’t been able to shift that. Is anyone willing to give me a full mech breakdown behind a spoiler for free town points?
Spoiler:

Dethy
MAKING CALIBRATION PROGRESS

Marci's first shot went to sunflower, was used on CSF. Inno result. Naive or inverse.

Wolfbae's first shot went to firebagel. Results unclaimed

NOT MAKING CALIBRATION PROGRESS

sunflower's first shot went to shello. Unused. Also did not give a second one.

STD's first shot went to firebringer. Claiming it failed to work

Experience's first shot went to Marci. Stolen.

Cat Scratch Fever
- Miller
Notty/Bingle
- mason fruit vendors.

Shello
- Oddskeeper (Tries to out guess the bookie) turned off vig.

Firebringer
- fortune teller.
  • past - tracker a past night
  • present - snarglefargle (??)
  • future - set up a future redirect

Apparently claimed something in their hood, but I don't know what
:

Dunnstral
PenguinPower
Cakez (maybe another fruit vendor based off something hermit said, but unclear)

Unclaimed:

Gypyx
Spiffeh
Oblivion
Lukewarm
Firebagel
Dannflor
It would be concerning if PenguinPower claimed something in their hood
oh my god :dead: :dead: that is too dumb of a thought tho
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6251 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

not waffling but flailing i guess. She was hyper focused day 1 and then fake claimed and was focused up until eliminated day 2.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6252 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:34 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 6238, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6236, Sunflower wrote:
In post 6235, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6133, Sunflower wrote: why not just deadsheep morph?

:blossom:
Didn't they say you were mafia?
can you explain what is going on in your brain that makes you think this is a useful question to ask

Going 'why not sheep Morph' when from your pov they should have been wrong on experience and wrong on you seems strange

I do not see why you are saying Morph should be sheeped over Hermit Crab, or rather what the difference really is at this point anyway
i obviously know that morph scumread me

i wasn't telling luke that he should sheep morph

i was investigating luke's perspective on things because earlier in the game he said that morph was the player he'd trust the reads of most if they're town

and he also said he was eager to see morph's detailed bibliographical cases on everyone so he could dig through them and see where to vote

so i was wondering what happened to that perspective and whether he ended up suspecting them for never really delivering on that and generally having pretty underdeveloped reads

when i looked through his progression he didn't seem to mention it directly but he did end up with morph as a more tentative townlean so it's possible that factored in

but then they flipped town so i would still expect him to trust their reads now

it is more beneficial for him as mafia to say he wants to sheep someone who is alive in the game than for him to sheep someone who is dead. as town i think it makes more sense for him to want to sheep morph, but it's slightly worse optics

"im just going to sleep a dead player" sounds worse and less engaged and more surrendering of responsibility than following an alive conftown

but if there's not a major difference between their reads and luke already said he trusts morph most then i was interested why he chose to say notty instead because i didn't see why he would do that

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #6253 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:39 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 6244, Firebringer wrote:
In post 5942, marcistar wrote:
In post 5941, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 5939, marcistar wrote: in my heart im okay with gypyx or oblivion
So you don’t want to eliminate in the dethy hood today?

Remind me why you’re townreading Sunflower, or point me to a post where you’ve explained it already
If you would not put words in my mouth that would be amazing honey xoxo :oops: :oops:

i've already explained at multiple points that im not sure who the scum in my hood is. i have reasons to sus them all. i am not confident calling the shots hereat all.

i am not looking thru my iso to find the post from last phase where i tr sunflowers. you can go find that yourself.

have fun xoxo
annoyed scum
i am not annoyed at the game here. i mentioned it in the hood but its rl, and its been happening at different points throughout the game which i have also made clear in the hood.

im glad someone could pickup on my backseat feelings though!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6254 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:42 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6247, Firebringer wrote: marci scum probably means im wrong on the masons
I think there is no correlation at all between these two things
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6255 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 6226, Gypyx wrote:
In post 6194, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 6183, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: Save the dragons

wagon go brr
I think you need to add me and FB. Our village idiot, their openwolf.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #6256 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:57 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

PED consumed, finishing cooking dinner and then it's on.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6257 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:58 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I’m so excited!
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6258 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6252, Sunflower wrote: but if there's not a major difference between their reads and luke already said he trusts morph most then i was interested why he chose to say notty instead because i didn't see why he would do that
What do you think of Lukewarm's response?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6259 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:00 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

You should join me spiff, I'm confirmed town this time and we're nowhere near MELO! Let's hash some shit

Or I can fly solo, that's fine too. I'm thinking of doing some ISO walls tonight.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6260 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I really can’t but I’ll support you from afar
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6261 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Ten four, I have big shoes to fill.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6262 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6252, Sunflower wrote: but if there's not a major difference between their reads and luke already said he trusts morph most then i was interested why he chose to say notty instead because i didn't see why he would do that

I guess there is not really a difference so long as notty is pushing for the same elim morph suggested, but there felt like a difference in my mind.

Like, an extra layer of laziness?

Coasting while sheeping notty means that there is someone making the arguments. Sheeping morph's final reads would feel like I was taking on the role of pushing it through in their absence.

But :shrug:

I'm not even actually trying to do either thing, so much as just voicing an emotional reaction to wolf's post.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6263 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:05 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 6151, Lukewarm wrote:
Spoiler: Updated claims

Dethy

Marci's first shot went to sunflower, was used on CSF. Inno result. Naive or inverse.

Cat Scratch Fever
- Miller
Notty/Bingle
- mason fruit vendors.

Shello

Firebringer
- fortune teller. Failed to fire night 1 and 2. Night 1 he forgot to submit an action. Night 2, he chose to use a cop-vention.
PenguinPower
- Claimed some kind of role that would want to guess the night kill, but not the specific one. Claimed to target Hermit night 2.

:

Dunnstral

Unclaimed:

Gypyx
Spiffeh
Oblivion
Lukewarm
Firebagel
Dannflor
Mech wise:

Bingle
HC

CSF
Shello

To varying degrees, I'm taking the four of these as a given that they're town. CSF being miller makes sense in a dethy setup. A dedicated doc to the second scumkill fits well with an ascetic real doc mechwise, and the novelty of oddskeeper with a known backup bookie rings true. If the primary bookie was town they would have claimed by now, because we absolutely could have triggered that ability given a reason to do so. Pengy and Shello are not S/S but I kinda think Pengy is scum from a little bit of awkward feels around the early townread of me. It just seemed weird that he specifically would have that read that early. I think marci being stolen from is significantly scum indicative, actually. Especially in the case that Cakez is scum. Experience was already dead. If scum really wanted to mess with town calibrating cops, they would have been better served stealing a different copshot. I think this is a case where the thief was used to go "Oh, look, I was targeted by scum, I can't be scum myself" instead of an actual attempt to prevent the cops from doing something long term. I actually think Fire's claim is maybe town? Like, I don't know why he doesn't use the future redirect N1 as scum, and that looks like a true claim. I don't think it's impossible for scum to have multiple redirection roles in a 'Shell Game' game, but this is maybe town indicative of FB. I'm straight up not worried about the thief Notty's worried about, so limming outside of copventors doesn't seem interesting to me.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6264 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 6262, Lukewarm wrote: I'm not even actually trying to do either thing, so much as just voicing an emotional reaction to wolf's post.
a lot of wolf's posts right after he repped in, and now a couple today, felt like I was being told to dance, and I was being prickly in response.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6265 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:07 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6263, Bingle wrote:

Dethy

Cat Scratch Fever
- Miller
Notty/Bingle
- mason fruit vendors.

Shello

Firebringer
- fortune teller. Failed to fire night 1 and 2. Night 1 he forgot to submit an action. Night 2, he chose to use a cop-vention.
PenguinPower
- Claimed some kind of role that would want to guess the night kill, but not the specific one. Claimed to target Hermit night 2.

:

Dunnstral

Unclaimed:

Gypyx
Spiffeh
Oblivion
Lukewarm
Firebagel
Dannflor
Mech wise:

Bingle
HC

CSF
Shello

To varying degrees, I'm taking the four of these as a given that they're town. CSF being miller makes sense in a dethy setup. A dedicated doc to the second scumkill fits well with an ascetic real doc mechwise, and the novelty of oddskeeper with a known backup bookie rings true. If the primary bookie was town they would have claimed by now, because we absolutely could have triggered that ability given a reason to do so. Pengy and Shello are not S/S but I kinda think Pengy is scum from a little bit of awkward feels around the early townread of me. It just seemed weird that he specifically would have that read that early. I think marci being stolen from is significantly scum indicative, actually. Especially in the case that Cakez is scum. Experience was already dead. If scum really wanted to mess with town calibrating cops, they would have been better served stealing a different copshot. I think this is a case where the thief was used to go "Oh, look, I was targeted by scum, I can't be scum myself" instead of an actual attempt to prevent the cops from doing something long term. I actually think Fire's claim is maybe town? Like, I don't know why he doesn't use the future redirect N1 as scum, and that looks like a true claim. I don't think it's impossible for scum to have multiple redirection roles in a 'Shell Game' game, but this is maybe town indicative of FB. I'm straight up not worried about the thief Notty's worried about, so limming outside of copventors doesn't seem interesting to me.
Do you think of the oddskeeper as filling the same niche as a doc?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6266 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Dethy

Cat Scratch Fever
- Miller
Notty/Bingle
- mason fruit vendors.

Shello

Firebringer
PenguinPower

:

Dunnstral

Unclaimed:

Gypyx
Spiffeh
Oblivion
Lukewarm
Firebagel
Dannflor
Mech wise:

Bingle
HC

CSF
Shello

Would the thief on Marci make more sense if the scum are incentivized to get fruit? That was something notty seemed to think was likely based off of yalls role.

She was the only one with claimed fruit that also had a cop-vention.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6267 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

We have two thoughts on that, actually! I still think there is some incentive to it, but Herr thought there is also an outside chance that is how invention bearers know they have had their inventions stolen?
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6268 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 6258, Dunnstral wrote:
What do you think of Lukewarm's response?
i thought that just saying they were the same thing felt surprisingly underexplained for luke

his latest answer is closer to what i would expect

i don't really know how much the response means for his alignment

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6269 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Sunflower »

i feel so validated that bingle is making the same mech point i did

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6270 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Sunflower »

i guess it's not exactly the same because he isn't touching on the fruit point

i assumed they stole it for the fruit and the cop thing was just a bonus

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6271 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

I think the wording of our fruits makes it obvious there is a way people can have their fruits taken, do you not see that bingle? And if it was a town way, someone would have said something by now. I can see your point about marci, I just find it incredibly unlikely.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6272 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Spoiler:

Dethy

Cat Scratch Fever
- Miller
Notty/Bingle
- mason fruit vendors.

Shello

Firebringer
PenguinPower

:

Dunnstral

Unclaimed:

Gypyx
Spiffeh
Oblivion
Lukewarm
Firebagel
Dannflor
Mech wise:

Bingle
HC

CSF
Shello

What is the connection between Cakez and Marci?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6273 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:40 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Cakez know about the fruit as well, so if Cakez is scum, they can coordinate to try to clear one of their member with thief role. I mentioned this as a possibility as well though.

-HM
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6274 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2024 11:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

So mafia have a Bookie, a thief, and a roleblocker. And 1 mafia in the dethy, possibly a traitor but potentially one of the power roles (or their invention doesn't work instead o the roleblocker). Assuming everybody is being truthful with claims

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”