SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by SensFan »

I know I'm town, which is more than I can say of any of you. From my perspective, me going last reduces the chance of Scum going last to 0. Note that I still agreed to abide by the order.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:00 am

Post by aioqwe »

Because townie's going first give scum more information. (i.e. role names, what roles exist etc.). Because I'm town, I want to go last.

Jourb are you saying there is absolutely no flavor in your role pm?

After jourb details answers to the above question, I will post more details about my role.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Joubert »

I can't quote anything, so no, there's nothing more than already said...
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by aioqwe »

you can't re-word it at all?
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by Joubert »

No. I'm a Blackjack Dealer. I'm a Vanilla Townie. My only power is my vote during the day...
What's in for you, Aioqwe? Do you have any special flavor because of your role?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

Alright, I'm at a conference today, expect content tonight. My notes are so
messy
, I'm at my
wits
end regarding this game.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Let me confirm that I can post my re-wording of my role pm...
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by aioqwe »

I'm at vegas due to a elvis meeting of people who love elvis and such. There a lot of people who dressed up as him (like me) so whenever I go there nobody can get me.

So SF, can you divulge any flavor?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by SensFan »

aioqwe wrote:So SF, can you divulge any flavor?
Since we claimed the same role, with a different name, I'd rather not answer this until after Joubert has posted. If you largely disagree, I can post before him, I guess.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 am

Post by thinktank »

Joubert posted his flavour, I fail to see why you wouldn't.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by SensFan »

Just making sure he has no other flavour.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by pete d »

Reminder: the deadline is THIS SATURDAY (26/4) Australian time (that is, Friday for most others). If no majority is reached before then, there will be No lynch.

Vote Count:

No Lynch (1): thinktank

Not Voting (3): aioqwe, Joubert, SensFan
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by aioqwe »

ummm.... post now unless you can manage to get us a deadline extension...

Im inclined to vote Jourb right now as I am pretty sure that he is scum. My belief is that SF is the other scum IF we have one. (simply because TT is the ONLY one to have claimed vig).
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by Joubert »

Aioqwe, we have yet to see your reasons...

The only thing I got to chew on is the desire to go last in the claiming sequences...

- Aioqwe proposed a claim order and put himself last.
- Then SF expressed his desire to go last, but he did accept the order proposed.
- Thinktank accepted right away and claimed.
- Then Joubert claimed, and proposed that Aioqwe go next.
- In the meanwhile, SF asked more detail to Thinktank's claim.
- Thinktank detailed his claim.
- Then Aioqwe claimed.
- And SF claimed at last.
- Aioqwe made a bold statement about claims "taken" from GS.

Asking to go last makes sense if you are Town, but noone knows beforehand. It's the syndrome of not having your glasses when you look for them. At least, asking other people's opinion on the claim order would show a minimum of good faith...

Later, Aioqwe asked that we detail our claims (again, he wanted to go last). As a very broad guess, I could presume Aioqwe did want to follow on the flavors to pin someone down somehow, because he would think the flavor is not detailed enough compared to his, or following on another theory about GS's claims in the beginning of the game...

And again, on post 626, Aioqwe asks for details on my flavor, and makes sure to go after me. And then, post 633, SF also wants to go after me. I can see a pattern here...
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:18 am

Post by SensFan »

pete d in POST 3 wrote:
Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:You are <role name>. How you got yourself into this
mess
you'll never know. Unfortunately, you don't have any skills which are helpful to the current situation. However, you do have your vote and your
wits
. Use these to help get rid of the scum. You are a
Vanilla Townie

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and at least one pro-town player remains alive. Please confirm in thread or via PM.
SensFan wrote:Alright, I'm at a conference today, expect content tonight. My notes are so
messy
, I'm at my
wits
end regarding this game.
Emphasis mine.

I would have expected Joubert to react to me using the key words in his PM.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:53 am

Post by aioqwe »

@sensfan: that was also appeared in ryan's role quote... hence I would have considered it to be a null tell but the fact that he didn't pick up on it... hmmm....
aioqwe wrote:claim time
tank, jourb, sf, me.
If any objections we can do popcorn style (choose first person to claim and he chooses the next person etc.) or just post your order and we can come to some agreement.
If someone doesn't claim we get everyone else's claim and lynch the one who didn't claim. Alright then go tank.
If you posted objections I'm willing to adapt, in fact you wanted me to go after you and I was perfectly willing to.

your claim, sf's request for more info, and TT's response all occured within an hour. I didn't get onto the comp till later that day (approx. 10 hrs. after) so if you are trying to make a case that I was waiting for more information thats a null tell.

If I'm town and 2 other people claim town when there can only be 1 town, what do you think I'm going to assume? My statement that you took your role names from GS was more of an observation.

Initially I wanted more details on your flavor to see if it's comparable to any of my flavor (which gave an explanation of my role and how I ended up vegas and whatnot.) Then I realized, pete_d had reveled the vanilla town pm, and ryan (vanilla) had quoted his entire role pm. Thus, anything that would be "secret" to vanillas isn't so secret. I also realized that you couldn't really divulge any information because the vanilla role pm had very little flavor to go on.

And, let me get this strait, you're trying to make a case against me and SF because we are requesting to go last? Any townie should request to go last as divulge as little extra information to the mafia as possible. Meanwhile, the mafia want to go last so that they can get as much information from other role claims as possible. Thus, requesting to go last is pretty much a null tell.

I'm too busy to post any formal case like I promised earlier. I'm to lazy to do anything more for this game, thus I'm also willing to get myself lynched. In that case TT (vig) take your pick between SF and jourb. Then the other two scum boys can choose to pick each other off or kill TT.

MOD: what time is our deadline on saturday, like afternoon australian time or morning?
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Joubert »

Oh boy, I didn't expect to see something hidden that way. Sorry, I wasn't attentive, or because I really thought it was RL stuff. But you shouldn't quote your role, SF...
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Joubert »

And, let me get this strait, you're trying to make a case against me and SF because we are requesting to go last? Any townie should request to go last as divulge as little extra information to the mafia as possible. Meanwhile, the mafia want to go last so that they can get as much information from other role claims as possible. Thus, requesting to go last is pretty much a null tell.
It's not really a case, it's just what I could come up with, which is not very telling. But better than nothing, I guess. If you actually think that Townie should go last, I could suspect at least one of you two, Aioqwe and SF, since you claimed both Townie. One of them must be for the other reason. That's my reasoning if I follow on your principle of going last when you're Townie. But it's still WIFOM, at the end...

In other words..... Let's suppose that Thinktank's alignment is not confirmed, that there are 2 Scums, 2 Townies. From my POV, I am Town, so there's only one other Townie. If there are 2 people who want to go last, then there's at least one who wants to go last for the Scummy reason, i.e. get as much info as possible to forge a plausible identity...
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by thinktank »

unvote

I believe he was quoting the mod in the game so it doesn't count as quoting the role pm as this was in game. So Sensfan, what is your flavour? And Joubert makes an interesting case that out of two people claiming and wanting to go last, one, if not both, must for scummy reasons. fail to see why a townie would be so adamant about going last and delaying. But these are where are all the WIFOM mind game tactics begins so its kind of useless to argue one way or the other on hypotheticals because in theory as you say the town should claim last but the mafia also want to claim last to see the cards dealt so to speak. So then the mafia knowing that its a tactic and strategic to go last infact try to go first to trick the town into thinking that they're town. All these arguments are neither here nor there.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

thinktank wrote:fail to see why a townie would be so adamant about going last and delaying.
fail to see where either of us were adamant or delayed the game.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by pete d »

Seeing as discussion has picked up considerably, the deadline has been extended by one week (that is, 3rd May).
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by aioqwe »

We have a vig right?
There is only one vig claim right?
So the one who claimed vig is vig (however I really don't like the vig that claimed...)

Seeing as how he is taking a very anti-me sense and that I am the other town and the entire plan that we are attempting revolves around lynching the mafia and having the vig correctly target the mafia who is still alive, can I lynch myself? That way we go to the mafia A/mafia B/vig scenario...

meh... i'm re-reading
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:10 am

Post by SensFan »

aioqwe wrote:We have a vig right?
Likely, but not guaranteed. For all we know, it could be some theme mechanic that is kicking people out...
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by thinktank »

SensFan wrote:
thinktank wrote:fail to see why a townie would be so adamant about going last and delaying.
fail to see where either of us were adamant or delayed the game.
You still haven't given the flavour for your role pm.

Aioqwe, the problem is that if we lynch tonight, theres a 99.9% chance that i'm going to get NK tonight unless by some fluke and there is a very good chance that one of the scum factions will win. So lynching yourself is not the best idea, unless you're scum, then go right ahead, :).

P.S adding statements such as "and I am the other town" or "considering I am town, this and this" doesn't make you seem any less scummy, it does the opposite considering theres little basis on which to believe any such argument.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by SensFan »

thinktank wrote:You still haven't given the flavour for your role pm.
I've shown you the EXACT contents of my PM...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”