California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
10 to lynch.

logicticus: 1 (Mgm)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

> : (
Somebody blocked me. That pisses me off.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Kerkorian#References
A real person, presumably, a billionaire who's holdings are based out of Beverly Hills, California. I'm not sure how close to Fresno that is, but at least we are starting to get a feel for the game's layout. Both characters so far dead are 'real people' - Pierre Picaud was the basis for the original story - which might explain why cubs thought he was the count of monte cristo. What I am saying is that he may not have been intentionally lying.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:56 am

Post by Mgm »

Kirk was born in Fresno...

Anyway, I would expect a player to read their role PM carefully and make sure they understand it every time. If he read the Wikipedia page, he wouldn't have made that mistake. Also, BM was Pierre; Cubs was Kirk. I doubt that he'd think he was the Count because of who BM was.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:21 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:I'm the count of Monte Cristo. Twice during the game I have the power to challenge another player to a duel (which they must accept). If that player turns out to be scum I kill them but if they're town I guess I allow them to kill me. Pro-town.
Just for the sake of defending myself before this even comes up:

I don't think Cubs's PM says what happens if they aren't scum. His operative word here was guess. I didn't die, so that's a positive.
Skruffs wrote:A real person, presumably, a billionaire who's holdings are based out of Beverly Hills, California. I'm not sure how close to Fresno that is, but at least we are starting to get a feel for the game's layout. Both characters so far dead are 'real people' - Pierre Picaud was the basis for the original story - which might explain why cubs thought he was the count of monte cristo. What I am saying is that he may not have been intentionally lying.
I know that if I would get a role that I was unfamiliar with, I would look him up. What's even dumber about Cubs's play is obvious. It was a head scratcher, and I will, at the end of this game, absolutely LACE into Cubsfan.

The correct lynch today is XYZZY. Especially with the fact that Cubs only lost to Xyzzy by 1 vote.

I am also going to go back over endday 1 to see if anyone COULD have unvoted cubs, but didn't.

Vote: Xyzzy
, Adele, IH
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

That is particularly damning for MGM. He is the only voter on Cubsfan who had a chance AFTER Mith posted duel results to change their vote FROM cubsfan to someone else.

Cubsfan was obv. protown (as I do not believe that that type of power would every be attributed to scum). Yet, you just asked him WHY he challenged me and you DID NOT chnage your vote.

unvote.
Vote: Xyzzy
, MGM, Adele, IH

Tags corrected. Please use bold tags only for voting and unvoting. - Mod
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:27 am

Post by Tamuz »

LML has been spot on so far today in my oppinion, I agree with much of what he has said so far. BTW LML you should redo your vote, too much boldness.

Sorry I couldn't get in on that flurry towards the end of yesterday, although I don't think my vote could have moved salvation and damnation alone.

Anyways, Skruffs are we really to believe you got roleblocked, or are you just scum seeing how far you can yank us along on your RC.

vote: MGM
, Skruffs
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Mgm »

Why wouldn't that power be attributed to scum? Scum who have one or two daykills at their disposal - which a duel basically is - are rare, but it's not unheard of. The only thing that duel proved is that he had the power to initiate one, not that the results would be as he said they would be (kill a scum, guess: not kill an innocent).

Also, if he was so obviously town, there were plenty of people who could've unvoted after the
claim
. If someone claims the main character you either believe them or you don't.
Show
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Skruffs »

Tamuz wrote: Anyways, Skruffs are we really to believe you got roleblocked, or are you just scum seeing how far you can yank us along on your RC.
Buh? Tamuz, I think you overstepped yourself there... I do not see myself as being able to be able to 'yank us along on my RC', in as much as
I haven't roleclaimed yet.
. Of course, if mafia has a roleblocker, and they blocked me, they would of course immediately want to discredit me for it, wouldn't they? Only they'd want to wait until a more oppurtune time, after more had been revealed. You jumped the gun.

vote : tamuz
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Gaspar »

(Glork.)

Mgm, it makes ZERO sense as a scum ability. Once the duel had happened and nobody died, what do you think would be each player's alignment?

If Cubs were scum and failed to daykill LmL, does that mean LmL is scum? That's a silly ability.... if Cubs were lynched that day (which he was), he would have outed his scumbuddy.
If Cubs were scum and had daykilled LmL as town, he'd be outed for sure (for claiming he only kills if his opponent is scum). If Cubs were scum and killed LmL as scum, it would only make sense if there were multiple scumgroups. Not ruling that out as a possiblity, but I see that as something of a ridiculous stretch to conclude this early on.

I guess I could see the case where Cubs were an SK with an extra scumkilling daykill, but that seems like a bit of a stretch as well. And I would have to question whether you honestly could have believed that that was the case.

Needless to say, my top suspects remain approximately the same.
Vote: Adele
, [Mgm, Xyzzy], [other people], No Lynch, LoudmouthLee, Gaspar
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Mgm »

LoudmouthLee wrote:That is particularly damning for MGM. He is the only voter on Cubsfan who had a chance AFTER Mith posted duel results to change their vote FROM cubsfan to someone else.
I wasn't the only one. Foolinc changed his vote after the duel results and between my question about the duel and the end of the day was about 30 minutes. Obviously not enough time to get an alternative lynch going - at least not one that wasn't LML.
If Cubs were scum and had daykilled LmL as town, he'd be outed for sure (for claiming he only kills if his opponent is scum).
I'm the count of Monte Cristo. Twice during the game I have the power to challenge another player to a duel (which they must accept). If that player turns out to be scum I kill them but if they're town I guess I allow them to kill me. Pro-town.
Cubsfan made a guess about what would happen if the target was town, he didn't say what would actually happen. For all we know he'd kill a townie too. He never actually claimed he only killed scum.
Show
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Myocardial Infarction

Conversation among the guests is just picking up when suddenly one of them lets out a gasp. The other guests watch helplessly as "xyzzy" clutches at her - for this guest is a woman, as they will soon discover - chest and collapses.

Violet rejoins them in the courtyard and walks up to xyzzy. She coldly reaches down and checks xyzzy's pulse. She shakes her head.

"Dead? Another one? Oh dear," Mr. Grey says, speaking what many of the guests are thinking to themselves. "Let's see who this one is, then. Violet, if you would remove the mask?"

xyzzy (Barbara Morgan, Innocent) is dead. With 17 alive, it is now 9 to lynch.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:07 am

Post by logicticus »

Mgm wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:That is particularly damning for MGM. He is the only voter on Cubsfan who had a chance AFTER Mith posted duel results to change their vote FROM cubsfan to someone else.
I wasn't the only one. Foolinc changed his vote after the duel results and between my question about the duel and the end of the day was about 30 minutes. Obviously not enough time to get an alternative lynch going - at least not one that wasn't LML.
Thats not true at all. If you would have moved up xyzzy ahead of cubs the lynch would have been different.

Foolinc and myself did just that after the duel because we didnt think cubs was scum and xyzzy was close to being ahead of him the voting.

Although in light of this daykill it turns out xyzzy was town too.

But all in all, I agree it makes you look bad mgm not changing the vote when you had the chance.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:50 am

Post by foolinc »

Skruffs wrote:> : (
Did you get some kind of message that your action was blocked?
Mgm wrote:
That's right I did change my vote to account for the fact that both Cubs and LML were confirmed innocents. You didn't though and I'm not quite sure why. Cubs played very poorly and I have no clue why he took the chance to lie about who he was, but like Gaspar stated, there was no logical reason to beleive that Cubs was scum after the duel.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Mgm »

The reason I didn't unvote was easy: bad timing. With all the things I was doing during that period, the time between cubs answering my question and the actual lynch was too short to confidently unvote.

LML's claim I was the only voter with a chance to unvote after the duel is faulty regardless, each one of those voters had the chance to do it. I just happened to be the one posting. Who said the others weren't watching the thread?
Show
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:07 am

Post by VitaminR »

Tamuz wrote:Anyways, Skruffs are we really to believe you got roleblocked, or are you just scum seeing how far you can yank us along on your RC.

vote: MGM
, Skruffs
This is bad.

I actually believe MGM. It seems way too obvious a thing anyway. Something about foolinc's recent comment on that strikes me as off.

, Tamuz, foolinc
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well, I missed quite some action apparently, including either a day kill or a delayed night action. I need to re-read the thread with all the information that we got since day one.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Sweet. Daykill! *hi-fives dayvig*

Vote: Skruffs
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Gaspar »

(Glork.)
foolinc wrote:
Skruffs wrote:> : (
Did you get some kind of message that your action was blocked?
Mmm, rolefishing.
FoS: foolinc

I feel obliged, however, to point out that Foolinc/Mgm are probably not scum together. The way Mgm attention-shifted from himself to Foolinc suggests a lack-of-connection.

It has already been pointed out, but
Minor FoS: Tamuz
for talking about Skruffs nonexistent "claim." At this point, I take it as a sign that he's probably just not paying any attention, but it's definitely noteworthy.

Also, I probably should have listed DP on my Condorcet voting list. And
IGMEOY: CES
for his most recent post. I don't want to see him get into a habit like he did in FTF. He seemed to clarify reasonably well D1, and while I more-or-less understand his reason for voting Skruffs, I:
A) Disagree with his conclusion (obviously); and
B) Would like to see him give thoughts on other players.

Unvote
, [Mgm, foolinc], DragonPhoenix, Tamuz, [other people], No Lynch, LoudmouthLee, Gaspar
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Gaspar »

EBWOP: CES, how likely do you find there to be two "Dayvig" roles in the game? Assuming Cubs was telling the truth about his ability (which seems to be the case given the duel post made by Grey), that makes him better than a strict Dayvig? Do you have a compelling reason to believe that it was a Dayvig, as opposed to a Day-SK?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Skruffs »

Erm, i would not be quick to assume xyzzy was day-vigged. He had a heart attack, which suggests something like poison. Like... Not to fish, but, iocaine powder? I would suggest that xyzzy's'death
may
have been caused by a poisoner.

vote : tamuz
, [dp, ces]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:46 am

Except Cubs was Kirk Kerkorian and didn't actually kill anyone. There's no reason to assume he was telling the truth or actually had any functional ability.

Day-SKs generally do one of two things:
1. Pretend to be a day-vig
2. just kill whoever they want.
Would a day-SK kill xyzzy this early in the day? I seriously doubt it. Killing xyzzy is consistent with 1. Killing early is not. I can see a real dayvig taking out xyzzy though, as a result of a desire to avoid the deadline rush that plagued Day 1. If you kill him early, then the town has all the time in the world to find a new lynch candidate.

foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:51 am

Post by foolinc »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Except Cubs was Kirk Kerkorian and didn't actually kill anyone. There's no reason to assume he was telling the truth or actually had any functional ability.

Day-SKs generally do one of two things:
1. Pretend to be a day-vig
2. just kill whoever they want.
Would a day-SK kill xyzzy this early in the day? I seriously doubt it. Killing xyzzy is consistent with 1. Killing early is not. I can see a real dayvig taking out xyzzy though, as a result of a desire to avoid the deadline rush that plagued Day 1. If you kill him early, then the town has all the time in the world to find a new lynch candidate.
But if we have a serial killer that uses poison (which could explain the delayed death), would they pretend to be a vig as well?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:41 am

Pretending to be vig is gonna be hard when you have such a distinctive killing MO. The only way that really works is if the SK had a safe claim which works as a poisoning vig claim. Mucho unlikely.

Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Mgm »

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Poison is generally linked to scum, but that doesn't mean all poisoners are scum.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”