Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Tommyrod »

In post 624, Schillinger wrote:
In post 622, Redelphic wrote:This interaction was the very post that got me thinking about this. It seems like you are trying to call each other scum, and yet you both aren't trying very hard to make your point. I still say Schill is maf, I hated Reck's posts.
It's hardly disingenuous considering the only real outcome I can see from today is Tommy being lynched or a no-lynch happening. I'm in numerous [quantatively unspecified] games for the first time but it doesn't stop me answering questions or giving a reason why I won't.

How could Tommy and I possibly be scumbuddies anyway? That's some creative thinking.
What's the point of that last line? You really suspect Red at this point?
Schillinger
Schillinger
Goon
Schillinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Schillinger »

SleepyKrew prod-dodging is giving me pause, but no. Fact is we don't make sense as scum together.
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Redelphic »

1 word; "Paranoia"
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Tommyrod »

In post 626, Schillinger wrote:SleepyKrew prod-dodging is giving me pause, but no. Fact is we don't make sense as scum together.
Would you vote SK then?
Schillinger
Schillinger
Goon
Schillinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by Schillinger »

In post 628, Tommyrod wrote:
In post 626, Schillinger wrote:SleepyKrew prod-dodging is giving me pause, but no. Fact is we don't make sense as scum together.
Would you vote SK then?
Sure, if I thought we were in lylo and about to no-lynch with me the hammer I'd take a stab. Otherwise I'd like to find out what the heck's going on with the sudden lurking.

What's your opinion on Oversoul?
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Tommyrod »

In post 627, Redelphic wrote:1 word; "Paranoia"
In post 629, Schillinger wrote:
In post 628, Tommyrod wrote:
Would you vote SK then?
Sure, if I thought we were in lylo and about to no-lynch with me the hammer I'd take a stab. Otherwise I'd like to find out what the heck's going on with the sudden lurking.

What's your opinion on Oversoul?
I made a case earlier: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5381816
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:36 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

TODAY
To be clear: quack
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:05 am

Post by Redelphic »

Sk, this is totally random but that avatar makes you look scummier than before.

That actually gives me an idea.
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Shamrock »

Debonair Danny DiPietro has been prodded.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Schillinger
Schillinger
Goon
Schillinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by Schillinger »

In post 630, Tommyrod wrote:
In post 626, Schillinger wrote:What's your opinion on Oversoul?
So at that point you have a co-dependent scumread on SK and Oversoul, and a different (and quite passionate) reason for scumreading me.
But then you say I'm town along with DDD and Redelph based on an either/or between myself and SD.
And now it looks like I'm scum again.

Your scumreading of Oversoul seems to always be second-tier - as in, "let's not lynch him today".
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Tommyrod »

In post 634, Schillinger wrote:
In post 630, Tommyrod wrote:
In post 626, Schillinger wrote:What's your opinion on Oversoul?
So at that point you have a co-dependent scumread on SK and Oversoul, and a different (and quite passionate) reason for scumreading me.
But then you say I'm town along with DDD and Redelph based on an either/or between myself and SD.
And now it looks like I'm scum again.

Your scumreading of Oversoul seems to always be second-tier - as in, "let's not lynch him today".
Is that a summary of my thoughts? If so, yes, but not particularly helpful. I think SK and OS are pretty much a package deal, but SK is the scummiest. You and chkflip are harder to read, so I figure let's go for the scummiest player first and re-assess later.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Shamrock »

Oversoul has been prodded.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I'm here, I'm waiting on those who are question marks and promised content to deliver said content.
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Tommyrod »

I am cooking something up as we speak

Main course for DDDP, hope you like your meat rare

And a little dessert for Red
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Tommyrod »

So I'm going to mainly focus on how living players interacted with other players. And I think D1/D2 stuff is where the best info can be found because the mafia can't plan ahead far enough to know which implications will make them look bad.

But my major concern is... "is the player trying to solve the game?"

Page 1

yessiree
[Town]
: yessiree
Reckoner/Tommyrod: yessiree
JohnnyFarrar/Salmonella
[Scum]
: Reckoner [counter-wagon vote looks out of place to me]
Childish Gambino/Redelphic: yessiree
MafiaSSK
[Town]
: Reckoner
thenewearth/SleepyKrew: Nani [afraid to be on town wagon?]
Smudger
[Town]
: Oman
Nani
[Town]
: Smudger
Oman
[Town]
: chkflip
DDDP: yessiree

>At this point, Reckoner is pretty cheerful about lynching yessiree, but Oman is pensive about it, says he's gonna be conservative.

thenewearth: yessiree ["if you say so"]

>Oman says neither of the wagons are interesting and you don't get info out of them. He says you have to force scum to weigh their options. This also sounds like over-explaining for Page 1.

Page 2

>Reck pushes the lynch again. IMO, too bold for a mafia play.

MafiaSSK: thenewearth (for votin yessiree)
chkflip/Schillinger: yessiree. "Fastest scum speed-lynch ever"
Varsoon: yessiree and that hammers it

>Smudger was killed N1.

MafiaSSK: Varsoon [due to hammer]
thenewearth says "not sure if scum or varsoon" that's a lame thing to say
Reckoner: Varsoon [no comments]

>thenewearth says he's not voting varsoon yet but "apparently everyone else thinks different" as if he's acquiescing to voting for a townie again, like he did D1 with yessiree bby saying "if you say so".
I personally think this is a huge tell.

>Mogamma/Oversoul says Varsoon is worth lynching because he deprived D1 of information [that's kinda harsh don't you think]

>thenewearth replies to Mogamma saying he's afraid of it being an easy scum lynch again, which barely makes sense as a response. He's basically saying to Mogamma "what you just said is scummy" yet never follows up on it, it's like they're buddies already.
I think this is the next huge tell.

>Oman wants Reckoner to explain his vote, asks Varsoon why, asks chkflip why he described yessiree as scum in D1, and tells thenewearth not to speak in absolutes

Oman: Varsoon [to pressure him]

>Varsoon says Oman is a jackass and is scum

Varsoon: Oman

>Reck says to Varsoon YOU hammered it, that makes you worse than us. He asks Oman: why did you want me to explain my vote when you ended up voting him anyway?

Page 3

>Oman
[Town]
is still asking a lot of questions, this guy wants to solve the game. He went so far as to look at old meta.

>But on Page 3, while townies are towning each other, my suspects (SK and OS) are conspicuously absent. Until Varsoon fakes a dayvig on Reckoner...

>thenewearth/SK comments on that, saying "Please be fake" as if he cares if Reckoner dies.

>Meanwhile, Reck has the desire to Win It More, he's firing shots to people all over.

>chkflip/Schillinger is just asking rather bland questions or making fluff statements like "What is this, I don't even"

Page 4

So far, I've only seen a desire to solve the game in the currently dead townies and in Reckoner.

chkflip: Varsoon

>JohnnyFarrar/Salmonella [Scum] jumps in to say "I'll hold off on a vote until I can look at meta, but I have little doubt Varsoon will be my vote." He also says "This Reck vs. chkflp thing intrigues me. You two should kiss or something."
That could have been him spewing them both as town.

>thenewearth is being timid about being seen on town wagons again. "I really think Varsoon is just being varsoon when he fake vig'd." And "Also I think varsoon wagon is really becoming another easy mislynch."
So very, very pensive. It reeks of BS to me.

thenewearth: chkflip
DDDP: Varsoon, saying quickhammers are scum moves and should be punished.

>Johnny [Scum] akss for Varsoon's meta, another useless comment to appear active.

The rest of the page is all DDDP, Varsoon and Reck towning each other.
Mafia (TNE/SK, Mogamma/OS, Johnny/Salmonella) is lying hella low. But we know they're there since they keep popping in to fluff.

Page 5

>The round ends with Nani hammering Varsoon, and my suspects are nowhere to be seen.

>Redelphic subs in for Childish Gambino and Oversoul replaced Mogamma.

OverSoul: Reckoner [no context]

>Oman calls him out on it.

>TNE is still pensive as hell. "I really wanna vote chk right now, but fuck, I'm scared of another quick mislynch."

>OverSoul's response to Oman is "am I voting your buddy?" He says chkflip is a good wagon.
If OS flips mafia this probably spews chkflip as town, which we now know is likely since Salmonella died.

>Reckoner asks OverSoul why he voted for him, and OS says "because you are scum!"
That's hilariously bad.

Page 6

Note: so far, TNE/SK, Mogamma/OS, and Johnny/Salmonella have shown zero interest in solving the game.
Reckoner, Oman, MafiaSSK, and DDDP are in the fray much more.

thenewearth/SK: chkflip [with no reasoning given]

>Johnny pops in to make a fluff comment again. TNE actually replies to his fluff!
Scum fluffing, appearing to be interacting when they're not.

>OverSoul refuses to make a case for why Reckoner is town in #133. He also FOS on Oman. "I had you as town too, Oman. Don't make me second guess myself with vapid posts like these."
So OverSoul votes for Reck but won't explain, and also paints suspicion on another townie.

>Redelphic appears and says TNE has some explaining to do.

>OverSoul says "Well the fact that Reck isn't trying to scumhunt at all now that I have levied an accusation against him, it should be pretty telling." I hate hypocrtical scum arguments.

>Oman calls OS out on his shit. OverSoul says "I will address this all later today." Yet he has time to say: "You're defensive because you fear a cop guilty. You stated you thought Chk was scummy yesterday but have thus far zeroed in on the possible theatricals you may have to play as a result of my vote on you."
This feels both goofy and forced.

>Redelphic fake-claims he's cop and got guilty on Reck.

Redelphic: Reckoner

>Reck responds appropriately, thinking he's got a mafia caught in Red.

>Oman says he needs Overtoast to respond.

>TNE quotes Red's fake cop claim and makes fluff. Then says "chk first, Red later."
I think this spews both as town when TNE/SK flips mafia.

---

Do I need to go on? That's just the end of Page 6 and the interactions are already terribad. TNE/SK, Mogamma/OS, and Johnny/Salmonella have shown ZERO interest in trying to solve the game. DDDP has comments, Red tries a cop gambit, Reck is confused and annoyed, and the top 2 scum suspects and 1 confirmed scum are just staying out of the fray completely, happy to let town off themselves.
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Tommyrod »

I'd also say that the fact that Johnny/Salmonella's first vote was for Reckoner, and that Mogamma/OS and TNE/SK were obsessed with tunneling on both Reck and chkflip spews them as town when these two clowns go down.

VOTE: SleepyKrew

Don't think anything will convince me to vote elsewhere.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

If not tonight, tomorrow.
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Post by Redelphic »

You have really unusual reads lists Tommy, they are like game recaps.

Don't mean that as an insult, just a bit strange compared to most.
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Post by Tommyrod »

In post 642, Redelphic wrote:You have really unusual reads lists Tommy, they are like game recaps.

Don't mean that as an insult, just a bit strange compared to most.
Mmm, I have a hard time keeping track of the name changes so I started writing that trying to put suspicion where I think it's due (like Oman being timid), then I went back and added the name changes in and decided "well this is about right already" and slapped it in here. Sorry it's sloppy, but I'm lazy and TNE/SK seems so obvious to me that I don't see any reason to budge.

My reads are often based on the interaction between player <-> player and player <-> mystery, so it's hard to just isolate single posts and show why that makes them the most likely suspects. Townies make individual flubs often, so trends of subterfuge hold more weight.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

SleepyKrew is my vote as well. I wasn't going to push him because I wanted to know what content he would provide but he has done literally nothing today.

Spoiler: Day 5 SK Iso
In post 584, SleepyKrew wrote:Sorry been busy will try to read up by tomorrow
In post 590, SleepyKrew wrote:Ugh promise content within 24 hours
In post 591, SleepyKrew wrote:Oh I already did a prod dodge earlier didn't I
Well my chronic headaches have been really bad past few days so that's my excuse and now you should feel bad for me
In post 604, SleepyKrew wrote:blah blah my brain hurts I'll try to do this soon blah
In post 607, SleepyKrew wrote:WEEKEND WEEE
In post 631, SleepyKrew wrote:TODAY

I know that is somewhat hypocritical and that sometimes mafia just gets away from everyone but this is really unacceptable given that we are in MyLo. Originally I suspected SK because of JohnnyFarrar's unnatural focus on TNE/SleepyKrew. He did not voice any suspicion of that slot until I had stated my townread on TNE.
In post 197, JohnnyFarrar wrote:You ever try to make a catchup post when four people die in the first four pages for seemingly little reason? It's hard. P-EDIT as I was making this post I got prodded. Nice.

@MafiaSSK in post 28 you threw down a vote for newearth because L-2 and then completely forgot it after the hammer. Did you give up on pressuring those on the D-1 quickwagon when Varsoon flipped town? If not, what do you think of it? Also what was the purpose of your question at the beginning of this day?
In post 174, Oversoul wrote:I actually think tne town
Oh do explain
In post 127, thenewearth wrote:VOTE: chk
What happened to being scared of voting? and why were you initially scared of a mislynch if you think he's scum? I dislike this.

Fake claims are just stupid at this point. That cop claim was the third this game, and I'm just done with them.
In post 212, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Well so much for my tne interrogation. waiting on SleepyKrew post now.

@Oversoul that townread is pretty weak compared to how gross his posts from today were.
Interaction like that is in my opinion much more likely to come from a novice scum buddy who does not understand how to appropriately address a scum buddy. It is the tendency of scum buddies to view each other's posts hypercritically because they know the true alignments.

Additionally, looking at SleepyKrew's iso he has not really had any true force in the game. He primarily latched onto the idea that DDDP and MafiaSSK were scum after replacing into the game. He never really let that idea go and rode those suspicions until DDDP claimed mason which completely took the wind out of SK's mislynch.

I also think a SleepyKrew flip will greatly help with determining Tommy's alignment because I think those two have weak bussing interactions across the several players in those slots.
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:>Mogamma/Oversoul says Varsoon is worth lynching because he deprived D1 of information [that's kinda harsh don't you think]
Both DDDP and your own predecessor espoused this view.
I don't think I ever suggested that either? Unless that was Mogamma.
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:Mafia (TNE/SK, Mogamma/OS, Johnny/Salmonella) is lying hella low. But we know they're there since they keep popping in to fluff.
How am I lying low?

The first thing I did in the game was gambit a fake guilty in order to get reactions from players.
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:>OverSoul's response to Oman is "am I voting your buddy?" He says chkflip is a good wagon.
If OS flips mafia this probably spews chkflip as town, which we now know is likely since Salmonella died.

>Reckoner asks OverSoul why he voted for him, and OS says "because you are scum!"
That's hilariously bad.
Thank you for pointing out my gambit. I forgot I had done that this game.

Is there any point to the bolded aspects in this post? They are tacked onto my quotes with no real investigative element.
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:Note: so far, TNE/SK, Mogamma/OS, and Johnny/Salmonella have shown zero interest in solving the game.
That is a gross misrepresentation of my play.
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:>OverSoul refuses to make a case for why Reckoner is town in #133. He also FOS on Oman. "I had you as town too, Oman. Don't make me second guess myself with vapid posts like these." So OverSoul votes for Reck but won't explain, and also paints suspicion on another townie.
Again, thank you for pointing out my gambit to me.

My FoS on Oman is fairly clear. He had pointed interest in knowing about the guilty as well. That looked suspicious to me like a buddy wanting to know how to deal with a doomed partner or not.
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:>OverSoul says "Well the fact that Reck isn't trying to scumhunt at all now that I have levied an accusation against him, it should be pretty telling." I hate hypocrtical scum arguments.
How is that hypocritical? Are you saying that all of my content up to that point is not scumhunting?
In post 639, Tommyrod wrote:>Oman calls OS out on his shit. OverSoul says "I will address this all later today." Yet he has time to say: "You're defensive because you fear a cop guilty. You stated you thought Chk was scummy yesterday but have thus far zeroed in on the possible theatricals you may have to play as a result of my vote on you." This feels both goofy and forced.
Yes. I did have time to make those two posts.
Oman wanted an explanation about my behavior. Interesting how the first post on page 7, when I had more time to get to the game is my confession about the gambit.

How is that forced? And is being "goofy", which it wasn't for the record, now a scum tell?

I love how you put Red into the town slot because he tried a cop gambit when I made a similar gambit but apparently I am the one who is not trying to solve the game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

So yes, SK is very likely scum.

VOTE: SleepyKrew

I think Tommy is likely his partner.
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

Post by Tommyrod »

If we agree on SK, then cool, let's wrap this round up. We can re-assess the next day phase since these games last for ages. It's likely to me that you're just bussing him as a last ditch effort to survive, which is admirable in a win-con kind of way. If one of the other townies wants to make an actual case for me being mafia (or any case at this point), they are welcome to.

I suggest DDDP drop some heavy before he dies since he's one of the most vocal players here.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ok. Then help me bus.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

For reference, were those quotes and bold statements about my play a case against me?
Tommyrod
Tommyrod
Townie
Tommyrod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 am

Post by Tommyrod »

In post 647, Oversoul wrote:Ok. Then help me bus.
I already voted.
In post 648, Oversoul wrote:For reference, were those quotes and bold statements about my play a case against me?
Yeah, they were. I slapped that case together in about 25 minutes and just posted it as-is after putting people's changed names and alignments in, I didn't think too hard about it. If you're actually town then I'm sorry, I just don't believe you at the moment. I thought it was all very obvious, but maybe I'm being overconfident. Feel free to make more arguments though, I like to see them. Not just because it helps us here, but because seeing how other players approach situations is really useful for me to get better.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”