Newbie 818 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by hohum »

It doesn't make the win condition *THAT* much more difficult for a skilled scum team and it wasn't the only thing that contributed to the loss; though it was the nail in the coffin.

"Next to impossible" is a stretch; further, there are plenty of other ways to break this setup with or without the additional restriction on the roleblocker. The C9 setup and its variants are randomized for that reason.

You did make one intelligent observation: The early cop claim helped the town. This is a bad lesson to leave this game with because it was a perfect storm of circumstances which caused the game to come to an end. In general if the town relies too heavily on claims as a tool to out scum, they're likely to and often do get burned in the process.

The endgame in this case came down to RB mechanics. It shortened the game significantly and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Long games are fun but they don't make good teaching tools. As time goes on it becomes more difficult for people to go back in the thread and reflect on their mistakes.

I would personally like to see a smaller and faster setup run for newbie games, such as the Bird 7P.. Setups like this that more readily penalize mistakes might help people to more quickly develop their own strategies.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Well, according to this poll a mafia roleblocker should be allowed to kill and roleblock. I agree with it, but I feel it's entirely the mod's decision. Hohum decided that the roleblocker should only be able to perform one action, so thatis that.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by CSL »

Hohum, on the first post, you have Katy listed as a Goon. Wasn't she the roleblocker?
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by hohum »

CSL wrote:Hohum, on the first post, you have Katy listed as a Goon. Wasn't she the roleblocker?
fixed.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”