NY 169: The EPIC XD Mafia Game of Greatness (Game Over)

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6225 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

VOTE: SSK

that said, I'm just about ready for a lynch.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6210, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6206, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6202, Titus wrote:Pushing the guy who softclaimed vig when he cannot b a vig is a good of reason as any
Except it wasn't a vig claim.

I guess I'm having trouble telling if you are derpy town or scum making up random shit. I also don't care.

So GIF, are we killing this today or Norl or Bro or Sad?
I still think SSK goes today for the town moral boost.
I dunno man
In post 6153, Empire wrote:MafiaSSK (3) Sakura Hana,
BROseidon, Norlkaz
Bro and Norl be bussin. It'll be much hard to lynch those two after a SSK flip.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6226, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6210, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6206, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 6202, Titus wrote:Pushing the guy who softclaimed vig when he cannot b a vig is a good of reason as any
Except it wasn't a vig claim.

I guess I'm having trouble telling if you are derpy town or scum making up random shit. I also don't care.

So GIF, are we killing this today or Norl or Bro or Sad?
I still think SSK goes today for the town moral boost.
I dunno man
In post 6153, Empire wrote:MafiaSSK (3) Sakura Hana,
BROseidon, Norlkaz
Bro and Norl be bussin. It'll be much hard to lynch those two after a SSK flip.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6208, KoreanBBQ wrote:^
or that
Meh.
We can always pl one of them the day before LyLo of both claimed mason are alive.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Empire »

Day 3, Votecount 17
MafiaSSK (4)
-
Sakura Hana, BROseidon, Norlkaz, Ms Marangal

Prophylaxis (2)
-
Ser Arthur Dayne, Generic

Norlkaz (1)
-
KoreanBBQ

KoreanBBQ (1)
-
Titus

Titus (1)
-
goodmorning

Ser Arthur Dayne (1)
-
pieguyn

Not Voting (6)
-
F-16_Fighting_Falcon, MafiaSSK, zMuffinMan, geists, Prophylaxis, Casso the King of Seals

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch! Deadline is on January 26th at 4:30 PM EST or in (expired on 2014-01-26 17:28:18)

Mod Notes
-
N/A
Last edited by Empire on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 6220, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't need to play with someone to have an understanding of their playstyle
So, what of Arthur's playstyle made you believe he was someone that lynched based on the information that can be received from a lynch?
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Post by Generic »

Why am I still on bert when he is no longer in the game?

unvote
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6224, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 6223, Generically Purple wrote:heh

Sure thing, Gen :P

SSK
Titus
Prophy
Pie
SAD

that, I feel like is the scum team

herpderp
I feel better about Pie as the game has progressed. Prophy is Bert's slot, right? Why is Bert scum?
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

or we could channel our inner BB Molla and pl the Bert slot for hammering Desp without a claim.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:59 pm

ffery, did you and Nat get a chance to look over Red Wine and compare with my meta-dive?
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6222, Generic wrote:Geists, you were the first to champion taking our time today and it has certainly seemed productive, what are your thoughts on lynch options for today.
Nati and I still want to lynch SSK today. We'd move to Titus if necessary to secure a lynch. I disagree with Nacho, but am willing to give Titus more time to settle in. Nati and I are both of the opinion Titus is scum, but, town or scum I think she needs to be gone before LYLO and I doubt scum will NK her. I don't say that lightly because I'm not generally the policy-lynching type.

Before we close up shop for the day I want to throw out a nearly-bare reads list and answer questions about it. We'll get that into the thread sometime tomorrow.
geists
geists
Mafia Scum
geists
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by geists »

In post 6234, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:ffery, did you and Nat get a chance to look over Red Wine and compare with my meta-dive?
Re Ceph? we haven't discussed it.

I reread that game thread a gazillion times on the final day so it's still pretty fresh in my mind.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:04 pm

And what are your thoughts regarding the differences in Llamarble's behavior here compared with Red Wine? I'd ask about Cephrir but I am assuming we are in agreement there. It wasn't actually hard to read either player as town/scum, especially Llamarble although Cephrir was probably the trickier one.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

f16 wrote:So, what of Arthur's playstyle made you believe he was someone that lynched based on the information that can be received from a lynch?
this isn't rocket surgery. i'll give you a hint; it's what he said.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the original line of questioning comes from you saying you find it troubling that he said that because a scum lynch is cause for celebration regardless. i'm telling you that what sad said comes from a different school of thought about this. i don't have to have played with someone before to know this. it's common sense. use your head.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm

I know that that is what he said. My question is why you believed him by default as opposed to consider the alternative - that he was scum defending SSK - especially when someone that had experience playing with him (Tammy) implied that he wasn't of the info-lynch school of thought like you assumed.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

Is this Bert sum or Bert town?

In post 3986, KoreanBBQ wrote:
In post 3912, Bert wrote:
In post 3909, Generic wrote:That's a point. SSK claimed doc by lived through the night? When does that EVER happen?

vote mafiaSSK
Never seen it happen.
hedging. Agree with Gens "point" so it gives him the flexibility to hop on a SSK wagon if it happens.

In post 3924, Bert wrote: also, SSK's tone and wording of claiming rings off. "I'm not getting lynched this time, no I'm not" and then "I am the doctor" - hard to explain, a tonality thing. However, he sounded like his claim was full of gold medal peepee in Ace Attorney and he was scum there, and evidently he is a lurker everywhere - see that Title thread where he got nommed for lurkerscum...
still pushing the idea that SSK is scum but not committing to the wagon.
In post 4916, Bert wrote:
In post 4323, KoreanBBQ wrote:Bert is scum 'cause he was pushing on the SSK wagon but didn't join it.
How very annoying lol
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Man, everyone's slippin today

Uhm, IDK but I'm pretty sure I've stated it somewhere back there? I mostly had a null read on him, and I don't really think I like Proph all that much. in Lieu of all the town-reads I have, I am also pretty sure I can pin it down via PoE

what about Pie do you think is getting better? if anything, I think he is getting worse and, before Cabd left the game, his indecision about Pie (specifically in the way he has him as a maybe town, to maybe scum to unsure) reminds me of how nacho treated you guys in Sixty game
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Uhm, IDK but I'm pretty sure I've stated it somewhere back there? I mostly had a null read on him, and I don't really think I like Proph all that much. in Lieu of all the town-reads I have, I am also pretty sure I can pin it down via PoE

what about Pie do you think is getting better? if anything, I think he is getting worse and, before Cabd left the game, his indecision about Pie (specifically in the way he has him as a maybe town, to maybe scum to unsure) reminds me of how nacho treated you guys in Sixty game
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Show

We the purple Mafia II!

Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #6245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

ohdamn

MOD: can you delete two of those post plz&thnx
Show

We the purple Mafia II!

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

f16 wrote:My question is why you believed him by default as opposed to consider the alternative - that he was scum defending SSK - especially when someone that had experience playing with him (Tammy) implied that he wasn't of the info-lynch school of thought like you assumed.
first, if that was a defense of SSK, then fucking lol. i dunno why you think he'd use "information" from a lynch as a reason to defend him

second, i'm not sure tammy was even remembering correctly and i cbf scouring games to find out (you're welcome to if you think she was onto something). the question is: why do you think sad would lie about something so easily verifiable? especially if someone in the game knows he's lying about it
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 6233, KoreanBBQ wrote:or we could channel our inner BB Molla and pl the Bert slot for hammering Desp without a claim.
Are you being ironic there?

Or is that flat out hypocricy?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm thinking of doing it sometime before the day ends so we know for sure.
KoreanBBQ
KoreanBBQ
Goon
KoreanBBQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by KoreanBBQ »

In post 6247, Generic wrote:
In post 6233, KoreanBBQ wrote:or we could channel our inner BB Molla and pl the Bert slot for hammering Desp without a claim.
Are you being ironic there?

Or is that flat out hypocricy?
Are you referring to SC 'cause he refused to claim, desp was hammered before he could claim. If you don't understand the difference in those two situations then idk what the fuck is wrong with you. I guess you could say "well there was only a day left." this is true and maybe means that even if Desp claimed VT it wouldn't have stopped his lynch.

I was slightly joking and I'm sorry for not putting the sarcasm tags on my post but both me and GIF are pretty meh on that slot and I wouldn't mind seeing that flip.

What do you think of 6241?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”