Mini 1818: Princess Bride Mafia (Game Over!)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I would totally self-hammer

Except I want you to avenge me when I am gone

and you need to see which lurker/replacement is going to come down with the hammer
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:54 am

While I am at it

The moderation surrounding my post restriction was inconsistent garbage

As was not modkilling Infinity.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:54 am

I should have been modkilled for DELIBERATELY ignoring it

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:56 am

And you can bet MOI is so sure he can say my PR is fake because he must have asked the mod to modkill me, behind the scenes.

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 585, farside22 wrote: I found the interaction between dbg/loop more like scum theater. He already knows she thought Infinity was scum? Then calling him town.
He either was reading the game before replacing or read the last 2 pages and still got all button out of shape in an over the top manner.
I said in 568 that I'd read the first ten and last four pages. And where did I get bent out of shape in an over-the-top manne?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 am

I'm trying, I'm fighting to get you to stop being so pants on head, but I guess strategically I've been too upset with you all, and I took too much game space with my upset and I didn't give you all a chance to breathe and post etc.

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:16 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

William Goldman claimed that Carrie Fisher was the ideal choice for Buttercup.
I actually don't think this would have been such a terrible idea.

Vote Count 2.5
Magna of Illusion - (1/5)
DrippingGoofball
Wingback - (1/5)
- Infinity
Shaddowez - (0/5)
-
Nero Cain - (0/5)
-
DrippingGoofball - (5/5)
- Farside, MagnaOfIllusion, Nero Cain, Wingback
- Lynch
loopdan - (0/5)
-
Sword of Damocles - (1/5)
- Shadowwez
Primate - (0/5)
-
farside22 - (0/5)
-
NOT VOTING:
Primate

With nine alive, it takes five to lynch!

Grandpa ReadsThe grandfather wet his finger as he turned the page. "And so they grabbed DrippingGoofball. They claimed that he was the one ruining their lives. They claimed that he was aligned with the castle, and that he wasn't in favor of true love. But the town wasn't having it. It brought DrippingGoofball to the point of depression, a depression so deep that because he wasn't able to convince the towns people, he claimed that he was going to end it himself."

The grandson's jaw dropped. "But he's not going to do that, right? I mean, killing yourself is never a good thing."

"Are you going to let me tell the story or not? So DrippingGoofball reached down deep within herself and found the will to live. She vowed that she was going to find those opposed to true love, and destroy it. ...Then she died."

Spoiler: DrippingGoofball Was
The Impressive Clergyman, Vanilla Town!

It is now Day Two! You have forty eight hours!

(expired on 2016-08-10 10:15:00)

MOD NOTE: I meant to post this, but I accidentally edited this into the last votecount. Let this show that I'm fully prone to mistakes.

[/color]
Last edited by KuroiXHF on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 566, Loopdan wrote:Why? You were convinced I was scum a couple of pages ago.

You don't think scum!infinity would use an ongoing game as evidence for a scumread?
Where does this say you read stuff?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:25 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 568, Loopdan wrote:I've read the first ten pages and the last four. I'll try to get the middle done today and give some reads. You'll have to take them with a grain of salt, as I'm a relatively new player.
I saw this but I thought that's odd why did he say this afterwards, no one questioned it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:28 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

MOD NOTE: PRODDING PRIMATE. (2x)
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:41 am

Post by shaddowez »

@Mod - Why isn't SoD on the VC? Also, please replace Infinity with Loopdan
V/LA on Weekends
No Retreat
No Retreat
Goon
No Retreat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 am

Post by No Retreat »

I'm really not seeing this "oh Farside couldn't bus DGB!" I think its stupid and farsighted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 611, No Retreat wrote:I'm really not seeing this "oh Farside couldn't bus DGB!" I think its stupid and farsighted.
I think it's studio to believe a player with 2 votes is scum, but I'm not Nero.

:roll:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:36 pm

In post 611, No Retreat wrote:I'm really not seeing this "oh Farside couldn't bus DGB!" I think its stupid and farsighted.
especially since I'm town

KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 610, shaddowez wrote:
@Mod - Why isn't SoD on the VC? Also, please replace Infinity with Loopdan
I'll edit this.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Who is this? Btw please be mindful of alt slips
Sword of Damocles
Sword of Damocles
Goon
Sword of Damocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Sword of Damocles »

DGB, you're not reading my posts.
And your entire case against MoI is one thing he said that you misrepresented to make it seem like he called you scum for being too towny.
-smart
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:08 am

In post 616, Sword of Damocles wrote:DGB, you're not reading my posts.
And your entire case against MoI is one thing he said that you misrepresented to make it seem like he called you scum for being too towny.
-smart
No.... pretty much everything he says is that I sound townie but it must be "by design" so my townieness means I'm scum

His other strategy is to take something townie, like freely changing my mind, and explain it with scum rather than town, which is what townies do. Scum is careful being "consistent" - that's never a townie concern.

Please lynch him after I flip.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Primate »

Ok, so this is clearly a failed experiment to see whether I'm over my lurking ways, but I don't want to be replaced, so lets put this behind us.

I'm rereading DGB to come up with an opinion on how the case unfolded against her now because it's a long one, and I've not really been invested in it whilst it's happening.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Loopdan »

Wall warning.

Spoiler: My game notes and comments
- Peter Elric Pines enters with weird formal writing (“'Twas a bad idea, I must admit.”). This kind of thing always strikes me as awkward acting.
- farside22 wants to make something of Leonshade not commenting on Infinity’s pre-game role-claim.
- Sword of Inigo Montoya is the first player to not think Infinity’s claim was terrible.
- Nero seems to agree.
- Shadow seems to be reasoning through the claim well.
- Nero’s obvious daykill reaction test is obvious to even me. NAI.
Rach and Nero both look town on Page 3.
- Nero scum-reads Rach.
- farside votes MoI, saying, “I noticed with things he'said saying read as a bit of a stretch. Typically I notice he doesn't make something out of something that minor.” Not seeing that.
- Nero say his case on shadow is he was being “dense about Infinitys claim.”
- Infinity says Nero is saying “random stupid stuff” which he didn’t do in their last game together when Nero was scum.
- Rach agree that “troll nero is prob town”
- Rach says she can’t imagine a double-voter being scum. This was questioned later, but then Rach flipped town.
Page 5, shadow shows up, votes Rach, and says a couple one-liner.
- DPR town-reads Infinity for his initial reads-list.
- But two posts later questions his nero town-read.
- Rach again makes a point of saying that Nero’s trollish behavior is town, because meta.
- Then Nero argues a few points implying Rach’s play is disingenuous.
Scummy as hell post by Peter Eric Pines--
In post 143, Peter Elric Pines wrote:Well, VOTE: Massive then. Given Nero seems to look town to everyone, I think it's worth the risk to get this apparently important information. Also I'm curious. And if Massive is Town, then we can kill Nero.
- Leon doesn’t like Peter’s post 137 either. Also he townreads inifity, nero, and Rach, townleans DPR, and scumleans shadow. In the next post, nero agrees with these reads.
- SoD beleives Rach that Nero is town,
- Massive self-votes.
- MoI votes Peter, saying, “Someone seems to know that Massive can’t possibly flip scum and that is coloring his interactions with Nero.” He also asks several useful questions of different players.
- Kuroi ends Day 1 abruptly and announced that Massive (VT) has been killed. Why? Then N1 Leon (JK) is killed. Rach (1-shot Vig) too. Does this mean Rach shot Leon? Or we have a SK? How did the day end abruptly? Massive was Westly, is it possible he is only “mostly dead”?
- Nero votes Peter. I like all these early scum-reads on Peter.
- Nero explains why he wanted a wagon on Massive. Thought he could meta read his reaction.
- Nero says the best pushes now are Peter, Shadow, and DPR.
Then we get this useless post--
In post 197, Primate wrote:It's late here in the uk and I'm tired, so I'm not going to get into things tonight.

From what I read day 1 I'm surprised nero didn't have anything, and I'm curious to know whether massive knew he was killing himself, but I don't really think speculating about it is helpful so I won't.
That’s all you have to say about the game after being largely absent?
- farside’s plea to the mod to explain what happened looks insincere. Also says MoI is scum.
- Inifinity says it’s very likely that all the scum are within “PEP, DPR, primate (whose posting did not get any better btw), sword hydra, and shaddowez”
Page 9 interactions between Nero and farside show that farside is not following the thread as closely as she should. I do, however, like how farside continually calls out inactive players.
- Peter comes back and posts a defense of his terrible , and it’s not half bad. Given he is new to MS, maybe he isn’t scum.
- DPR’s top town reads are farside and Nero. Farside “because of some stuff she has said.” and Nero because DPR think Nero would have NKed him. Really?
- MoI says Peter’s 228 was likely newbscum. Also, “I'm not sure what the hell DPR is on about Dayvigging given Rach gave no indication that Massive was scum in her mind.” which is exactly what I was thinking.
- Peter says nothing at all relating to the game-state. Sorry, no time to post reads, but here’s a bunch of non-game information. Bad.
- farside post looks town with FoS suggestion.
- Peter apparently types a huge post that he lost and then had to get off the computer. How about just type in some names you think are scummy? How hard is that? Really starting to look like newbscum who is scared to do anything.
- MoI thinks Infinity’s reaction to D1 is scummy.
Page 11 interactions between farside and MoI indicate farside more likely town.
- Shadow returns. I like the post, though don’t agree with it all. Shadow’s top town-read is Nero. Top scum-read is SoD.
DrippingGoofball replaces DPR and immediately says Infinity is scum and Nero is town (also that Rach is scum- oops!).
- DGB votes primate. No explanation.
- Nero says scum is in Peter, DGB, SoD, and farside
- DGB says she can’t scumhunt due to the post restriction. I don’t get this at all. Just type your post like normal and then control F find and replace the letters you have to switch. Unless she’s just phone posting, then yeah, that sucks.
- Nero points out that the SoD hydra partners are actively posting elsewhere on site.
Page 12 & 13 interactions between Nero and farside get nowhere. Boring back and forth that doesn’t help. I think my gut problem with farside might be because she isn’t trying to get along with Nero, who reads like town to me right now.
- Shadow says farside is town. Nero looks scummy. FoS for SoD. The longest read explanation here is for Peter. It starts out with “I don't have a read on PEP.” but then “but the kind of tells I'm picking up from him are ones that newbies also drop.” Not crazy about that read.
- I like this Shadow post. Shows effort to go back and revaluate the game and determine why players are making reads.
- farside makes good points about DGB’s insistence on continuing the post restriction that the mod already excused.
- Nero is now my strongest town-read.
- MoI is now my second strongest town-read.
- MoI points out that Peter’s big post has never materialized.
Page 14 - MoI gets the better half of the exchange with farside, who seems more interested in playing “No I didn’t, you did!” than finding scum.
- SoD returns with a catch-up post. They agree with me that 210 was strange. They think Peter is just newbtown. Town-reads MoI, Peter and Nero. Doesn’t want to lynch Infinity or farside, due to claims. Sees scum in shaddow, DGB, and Primate.
and - Shows that DGB didn’t read the pre-game very closely. I don’t like that at all.
- DGB realizes it isn’t likely that farside is scum double-voter, and says she “is just playing shitty”. I think I agree (if it’s true that DV is rarely a scum PR). This also shows DGB hasn’t been reading the game closely.
- Nero says farside is playing too stupid to be town.
Some back and forth between Nero and Infinity on farside’s alignment. Then
- Nero says a DV is “very possible.”
- Nero says “I don't see how an x-shot(1?) scum power that ended the day, scum vig/executioner and a scum DV are too much power but thats mostly 'cause I'm thinking we have 2 scum in a 12 as opposed to the standard 3 in a 13.”.
Page 17 - This farside/Nero discussion is going to be the death of this game. Someone make it stop!
- YES!
- MoI votes DGB. Also provide analysis on the possibility of a scum DV, says it’s not likely, and asks Nero to lay off farside Today.
- DGB votes MoI.
- SoD doesn’t have a problem with Peter’s posts.
- Infinity thinks that DGB’s criticism of MoI’s scum-case on her looks like town. So Infinity moves vote to Peter.
- Shaddow votes SoD for… meta I guess?
- Infinity calls farside for having the same scum pile.
- MoI continues to push the DGB wagon, and also points out Peter’s anti-town mindset in 143 and 159. I am agreeing more and more with MoI.
- Nero’s case on DGB-- “DGB slot is scum b/c DPR did nothing and his stuff about Rach was nonsensical and thus looks like scum trying to look busy. This doesn't look like the DGB town I'm used to. Her argument that she couldn't scumhunt due to the restriction isn't s townie mindset”
- Is Nero really voteless?
- MoI posits that farside isn’t a DV, but rather a vote-stealer.
- In the midst of the vote-stealer discussion, Primate shows up to simply say, “I'll be around properly and catch up in a couple of hours.” Doesn’t seem town to me to not speculate here.
- DGB goes heavy on AtE, and asks Infinity to re-read MoI’s posts after she is lynched to see how fake they are. Why not point out how they are fake?
Page 20 has a whole series of DGB posting unhinged. Do not like.
- Peter is replaced by Wingback.
- VC shows Nero is not voteless.
- I would like other’s comments on this statement by MoI:”At this point I think continuing to comment on DGB’s individual posts isn’t worth the time. Anyone who has played with her knows Town DGB doesn’t rage like this. It’s manufactured to hit the current site meta of “Town AtEs, scum doesn’t” and to escape lynch.”
- SoD says that DGB’s crop job that MoI says is scummy isn’t really that bad, that town does that kind of thing. I agree, and the crop doesn’t really figure into my DGB read.
Then Infinity uses a current ongoing game to meta-read DGB. Oops.
- DGB says she will self-hammer if we don’t go to night after Infinity’s modkill. Of course, this didn’t happen.
- farside quotes Infinity’s Iso and points out some perceived issues with it to MoI. The timing of this is odd. Why no discussion on Infinity’s rule-breaking? This looks like farside preparing to exit the DGB wagon before a lynch can happen.
- DGB says scum is MoI and farside.

That catches up to my entrance in .

Spoiler: My reads list
Town

Nero
MoI

Lean Town

SoD

Null

Shaddow
Primate
Farside (would lean scum if not for DV status)

Lean Scum

Wingback

Scum

DGB

I’ll read from my entrance to current and comment on anything else of interest.

Also... UNVOTE:
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 608, farside22 wrote:
In post 568, Loopdan wrote:I've read the first ten pages and the last four. I'll try to get the middle done today and give some reads. You'll have to take them with a grain of salt, as I'm a relatively new player.
I saw this but I thought that's odd why did he say this afterwards, no one questioned it.
I was letting the game know my progress in catching up. Why should that be questioned?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Loopdan »

I will be disappointed if this set-up doesn't include a Miracle Max who can bring a "mostly dead" player back into the game.

No, that's not a claim. I am the Beloved Princess, as Infinity already prematurely revealed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

People who anticipate questions tend to be scum who are concerned or self conscious.
Second I said prior to my points to infinity 2 x that I saw something and MOI reminded me, why is my timing suspicious. Do I have a mind reading device that knows that infinity is going to do something like he did?
As for the issue he had, it was null. Why is it worth mentioning?
I have no desire to unvote DGB and will not be doing so.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 622, farside22 wrote:People who anticipate questions tend to be scum who are concerned or self conscious.
Or self conscious town who recognize that they are very inexperienced compared to the other players.

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p8209108]
Second I said prior to my points to infinity 2 x that I saw something and MOI reminded me, why is my timing suspicious. Do I have a mind reading device that knows that infinity is going to do something like he did?
As for the issue he had, it was null. Why is it worth mentioning?[/quote]

I went back and read it again, and you have a good point. I missed that that was in reply to MoI asking you about a prior statement.

quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p8209108]
I have no desire to unvote DGB and will not be doing so.[/quote]

Glad to hear it.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Errg.

@Kuroi, any chance you can fix my quote mess? Pretty please?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”