Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Maxous »

Maxous wrote:
As it so happens I think KCD is town as well but given the choice between somebody I'm near positive is town and somebody I think is town, I will have to vote for him.

I wrote this before I seen KCD's claim.

Ehhhh shit.
That is a powerful role he is claimed and I do think he is town.
Deciding wheter or not to take the risk about my read on KCD being correct.

Amrun wrote:
Maxous: That's actually a very good point about Zinger. Why did you not say it before?

I would of said it if the thread was'nt locked immediatly after his claim :I
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Exe »

Maxous is making the RIDICULOUS assumption that Mafia have no information regarding the flavor.

LOL Tasky would TOTALLY make a gamebreaking mod-error by not giving scum fake-claims. RIGHT.

Also, as scum, if I received the townie role-pm name, I would ABSOLUTELY use it over claiming "Vanilla townie" just so that people like you might somehow think that makes me town.

I don't even know what to think of this. Maxous' position on "omg scum would never know the term" makes so little sense, I almost wonder if we're dealing with a VI here.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Kcda wrote:YET YOU ADMIT THAT MOST OF THE CASE ON ME IS CRAP?

This never happened. I said that one point I had you was crap. Everything else I still stand behind. Nice misrep though. One more thing to add to my list of reasons.

Anyhow, I'd still like to see Zinger lynched. Like Exe said, scum probably do have fakeclaims and it would be dumb to assume that Zinger is town because of his claim. Kcda also has a powerful role and I'm not sure at this point if it would be the best choice to see him lynched at this point, especially since he can easily be confirmed through his vig shot (And his roleblocks to a much lesser extent). All this and I find Zinger to be much more scummy than Kcda and his self vote is just the icing on the cake for me.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Maxous »

Hmm well I did'nt think it would be gamebreaking but okay, if more experienced players here are saying that it would'nt happen then I will take thier word for it.

So ignoring that thought, my list would go back to the previous one I posted and therefore I will vote Zinger over KCD.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Tragedy »

"Zinger2099 and Kcdaspot are now on the block. Each one of you has now ONE AND ONLY ONE post in which they may say what they want."
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Tasky wrote:1.3.2 The top two candidates are put on the block and have the right to make one and only one last post. Everyone else may post as normal.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Tragedy »

FML....

Exe wrote:Maxous is making the RIDICULOUS assumption that Mafia have no information regarding the flavor.
LOL Tasky would TOTALLY make a gamebreaking mod-error by not giving scum fake-claims. RIGHT.

To keep an honest thought here; If you remember "Execution Mafia", Mallow hadn't set up a fake claim for scums-
TS had to throw up a random claim off the bat with Deputy and won as scum...
How is it gamebreaking if scum doesn't have fake-claims? That's how confused I am, at the moment, about that assumption.
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Scum almost assuredly have a copy of AT LEAST the Vanilla townie PM.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

A fucked up claim causes an otherwise avoidable scum death. Chances are, unless it's incredibly obvious flavor-wise or from sheer blind luck, scum cannot guess the vanilla role name if it is not Vanilla Townie.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Apparently, he did make a mistake on that supposedly regular VT role PM.
If you would notice, there's a word that's misspelled.
Unless it's just me on my PM.

Also, in the Rules, it said that Task'y bad a flavors, so...
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Amrun »

Kcdaspot, why are you called an elite bodygaurd when you're not an elite bodyguard.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Amrun »

The above is just a question, since he obviously can't answer it. That's what is bugging me about his claim; the name is elite bodyguard, but the role is like a joat.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by imaginality »

I was wondering that, too. Though since VTs are apparently 'Casual Bystanders' it's possible for other roles to be oddly named too.

I'm also wondering why he says the mafia would need to take out at least five town members to take him out for good. That's not clear to me. If that's an NK-immunity that seems like an overpowered role?

Thing is, since he claims to have a vig shot, the role should be somewhat confirmable if we want to test it, even with the time travel mechanic.

I'm in the "Pretty likely scum have VT role PM" camp. Not seeing that as enough to keep Zinger2099 from getting my vote over Kcdaspot.

Zinger2099, in your post I want to hear what you think of Kcdaspot's claim, do you think he's telling the truth or not?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by imaginality »

EBWOP: There seems no harm in asking, even if the answer's highly likely to be 'no comment':

@Mod: Are you able to confirm that scum were provided with the Casual Bystander role PM?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Tasky »

imaginality wrote:
@Mod: Are you able to confirm that scum were provided with the Casual Bystander role PM?

[Redacted]
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Amrun wrote:The above is just a question, since he obviously can't answer it. That's what is bugging me about his claim; the name is elite bodyguard, but the role is like a joat.

He has a vig shot.

A successful vig tonight means he's confirmed town unless the scum get some sort of ability that lets them double kill (spoiler: THAT'S INCREDIBLY OP).

I don't see any reason he shouldn't kill someone scummy tonight.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Amrun »

I know; it's just that "casual bystander" isn't a standard role name while "elite bodyguard" is.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by smargaret »

Two things:

1. KCD has claimed a potentially confirmable power role. Zinger has claimed VT. All other things being equal, we should lynch Zinger and give KCD a night to try to confirm himself.

2. All other things are not equal. Zinger is incredibly scummy. KCD is less scummy. You lynch the scummy people, especially after they vote themselves.

Basically, if we're wrong and they're both town, Zinger is the better kill. If KCD is scum, we'll catch him tomorrow when he fails to confirm his results. If Zinger is scum, well, the advantage to that should be obvious.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by imaginality »

smargaret 617 wrote:Basically, if we're wrong and they're both town, Zinger is the better kill. If KCD is scum, we'll catch him tomorrow when he fails to confirm his results. If Zinger is scum, well, the advantage to that should be obvious.

QFT.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Exe »

I agree 100% with Smarg, except that we shouldn't just lynch Kcd if his results can't be confirmed. There is entirely the possibility of a roleblocker. Also, there's a good chance he'll be killed after that claim.

Kcd, you should consider using your time machine tonight to kill someone in the future who you think is scummy. I am not sure of this, but there's the possibility that your kill will resolve itself before a kill on you, thereby guaranteeing that at least the scum can't stop you from attempting your kill. Idk though, there are obvious negatives (like if for some ridiculous reason they leave you untouched tonight, you may be wasting your kill on a player that will be dead later).

Either way, just think outside the box with your abilities. At this point, stupid voting has forced a claim out of you long before I think you should've had to, and so you'll have to come up with any ways possible to get use out of that role.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Exe »

Mod:
what would happen if the second place in votes had been tied between two players?

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I can't defend Zinger for a self-vote. I mean, he's going to flip town (yes, I know this, Grey, because I'm scum, obviously).

But I can't vote Kcda after his claim either (not that it would've mattered given that there's been this upwell of support for a Zinger lynch at the last minute yesterday).

Anyways, those are the breaks. I encourage everyone to vote Zinger and end the day.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Kcda 595 wrote:I ask again what was SOOOO terribad about that answer?

"Burnout and school"?

Okay, that's an answer, sure, but this doesn't account for a total flip, frankly. You were
strongly
pushing an Amrun townread for a significant amount of time. So much so that it was interfering negatively with all of your other reads (because you were taking time out to emphasize how strong of a townread you had rather than comment on other things in the game).

So, I mean, it's not like you said, in passing, "Amrun seems pretty town, need to look into it more" and then changed your mind. No, no, no. Time, after time, after time, after time, after time, you kept up with the Amrun = town schtick. Then it changes just like that? Because you were too busy with school to notice? I don't buy it, honestly.

With your claim, you know, we'll see what happens. I don't regret helping to put you here though. You didn't need to claim as far as I'm concerned. Zinger was clearly getting much more heat than you were simply because Grey, Exe, and imaginality were stuck on the notion that Zinger was obvious scum.

---

Exe 619 wrote:At this point, stupid voting has forced a claim out of you long before I think you should've had to, and so you'll have to come up with any ways possible to get use out of that role.

Nope. He should've known better than to claim. Zinger would've been going even if Kcda never made a closing statement.

No one disputed my case against Kcda, and I still don't think anyone has. Him claiming has absolutely nothing to do with the voters of Kcda. Even Kcda didn't go so far as to blame us for him getting second place, so you're big time in buddyville here, Exe.

---

1. Zinger
  2. Amrun
  3. GreyICE
  4. Exe
  5. Tragedy
  6. Maxous
  7. Doombunny9
  8. smargaret
  9. MrTrow
  10. imaginality
  11. GhostWriter
  12. Kcdaspot
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed May 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod
, does the deadline start after Zinger posts or did it start after you revealed the votes?
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2011 12:52 am

Post by MrTrow »

My list wasn`t random (it was a little rushed though).
Both amrun`s as grey`s stance on 1v1 tradeoffs seemed off to me, to the point they exeeded my initial case on doombunny(reactions to it helped, on all 3)
I believe(d) Kcda`s and Zingers claim
On top of the flavor-claim, the reasons for the lynch-hammer, the selfvote and the posts before seem to be consistent(wrong but consistent).
If the whole 'town should lynch me for info'thing was a trick not to get lynched(for 1 more day, as there`s no way he would have lasted longer) i doubt he would have selfvoted.

The whole (mis)lynch a VT or (mis)lynch a PR argument: agreed(was thinking the same thing)

As for Kcda`s roleclaim: 1 thing got my attention:
apart from the 'what`s so elite about a 1-shot' bodyguard, all attributes match his initial claim/joke: The Doctor (a regenerative(+/- bulletproof) JOAT with an unlimited timemachine).
By the way, your mum says hello.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”