Shell Game (Night 5)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #5925 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:07 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 5911, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 5905, Firebagel wrote: I don't understand the marci fruit stealing thing. How does her fruit getting stolen also tell her that invention stuff was stolen? And it wasn't clear whether that was the invention she received or the one she was trying to give out?

I have no intention of voting Sunflower and the amount of people expressing similar opinions now, when morph is gone, bothers me. Y'all are more talkative than me, where was your disagreement yesterday? Same for the newfound willingness to suspect Dragons. :P Gypyx/Dragons especially, feels really theatery.
This sunflower thing is really odd to me -> you don't want to vote sunflower, but you're casting suspicion at the people who agree with you instead of the people voting them?
Why's that odd? If Sunflower is town do you really think all the mafia are just going to line up to vote there, with how strongly morph indicated wanting to flip Sunflower making it practically a foregone conclusion?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5926 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:08 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Like firebagel
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5927 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:11 pm

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 5925, Firebagel wrote:
In post 5911, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 5905, Firebagel wrote: I don't understand the marci fruit stealing thing. How does her fruit getting stolen also tell her that invention stuff was stolen? And it wasn't clear whether that was the invention she received or the one she was trying to give out?

I have no intention of voting Sunflower and the amount of people expressing similar opinions now, when morph is gone, bothers me. Y'all are more talkative than me, where was your disagreement yesterday? Same for the newfound willingness to suspect Dragons. :P Gypyx/Dragons especially, feels really theatery.
This sunflower thing is really odd to me -> you don't want to vote sunflower, but you're casting suspicion at the people who agree with you instead of the people voting them?
Why's that odd? If Sunflower is town do you really think all the mafia are just going to line up to vote there, with how strongly morph indicated wanting to flip Sunflower making it practically a foregone conclusion?
if sunflower is town, i think most scum are going to be pushing them, yes, so i'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this perspective
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5928 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5926, Save The Dragons wrote: Like firebagel
I’m coming around to this
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5929 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:18 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5689, Shello and Goodbye wrote: My stock on luke is going down
Can you talk more about this?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5930 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5922, Firebagel wrote:
In post 5910, Dunnstral wrote:

Anything else of interest to talk about?
:igmeou:

What's with all the Spiffeh townreads anyway? I haven't gone back to read all that d1 stuff but it seems like people don't think it's possible for him to have bussed Brian and that seems dangerous to me. Scum can absolutely win games despite losing a member d1 through strong wagon positioning, and this feels very much like a scenario where that could've happened.
Did you receive a cop shot on night 1? If so, who did you target and what was the result?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5931 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5644, PenguinPower wrote: Well - I chose incorrectly. Sorry morph.
In post 5647, PenguinPower wrote: I assumed crab was going to be shot last night instead. I was debating between the two.
You may have been successful in stopping a kill. Remember that the mafia have a bookie in play; they could have been killing both Morph and Hermit Crab last night
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5932 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:48 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 5929, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 5689, Shello and Goodbye wrote: My stock on luke is going down
Can you talk more about this?
luke is not on the table rn sorry
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5933 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I don’t want Luke on the table, I want to know why he’s dropping in Shello’s reads
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5934 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by marcistar »

lol why dont u want luke onm the table then im curious
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5935 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I think he's Town
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5936 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by marcistar »

Why
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5937 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

He just feels like town!Luke idk how to really describe it. The depth of thought matches how he posted as Clownpiece in Anon-Touhou, with admittedly less leadership or driving the game forward but I don't necessarily think it's all that's scummy for him.

I ISO'd Luke in a completed scum game of his that Dunn provided in the neighborhood and he felt way more performative and uncomfortable there. I don't think he goes through the trouble of pretending to be paranoid of morph for as long as he did as Scum, especially when morph wrote him off as Town very early.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5938 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

marci who do you most want eliminated today? I find myself nodding along to a lot of your posts but sometimes I struggle to identify who you're actively scum reading?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5939 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by marcistar »

in my heart im okay with gypyx or oblivion
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #5940 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 5893, Oblivion wrote: So, it has a few reads with how yesterday went down it wants to discuss. It took time to see how the experience wagon developed and was a little confused.

From the Mason claims, can it ask something? Why did Experience's death feel inevitable upon its re-read? Like, there was obstensibly a counter wagon, but it felt like the whole time it was a waiting room for Experience's death. Do you disagree with this take from it? Because it has a follow up observation about this, if it is felt to be accurate.

Additionally, from Marci, can you explain to it what your view of the deathy is in terms of your reads on the other slots?
I think most of the game had it whittled down to experience or sunflower from that hood, and at that point it’s really a coin flip who goes first. But we now have new information to review with this, is there anyone you think pushed experience in a weird way?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5941 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5939, marcistar wrote: in my heart im okay with gypyx or oblivion
So you don’t want to eliminate in the dethy hood today?

Remind me why you’re townreading Sunflower, or point me to a post where you’ve explained it already
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5942 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 3:50 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 5941, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 5939, marcistar wrote: in my heart im okay with gypyx or oblivion
So you don’t want to eliminate in the dethy hood today?

Remind me why you’re townreading Sunflower, or point me to a post where you’ve explained it already
If you would not put words in my mouth that would be amazing honey xoxo :oops: :oops:

i've already explained at multiple points that im not sure who the scum in my hood is. i have reasons to sus them all. i am not confident calling the shots hereat all.

i am not looking thru my iso to find the post from last phase where i tr sunflowers. you can go find that yourself.

have fun xoxo
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5943 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by wolfbae »

well, anyway

II was questioning marci in the hood to get a better read on her and see if I'd be able to trip her up if she's mafia. I had some lingering concerns I didn't vocalize before others started voicing suspicion of her and felt like I could get more out of her if I express fully trusting her. I can't claim that I noticed any glaring red flags which is what I was looking for.

I'm fine with voting Sunflower today - I'm not going to ego hijack the game and possibly run it up mid. it's entirely possible redfire is just playing to pocket me here because he knows I desperately crave validation, morph died wanting to vote sunflower and I'm not going to subvert what they wanted
super secret alt
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5944 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:03 pm

Post by wolfbae »

Hi, hello

this has nothing to do with your post I just wanted to ping your notifications

Did you get my invention?
super secret alt
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5945 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:04 pm

Post by marcistar »

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #5946 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:05 pm

Post by marcistar »

question me more petapan! trust me im in a bad mood now so ull have lots of fun!
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #5947 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Can we please not take our bad moods out on a game we’re already struggling in?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #5948 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:12 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 5940, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 5893, Oblivion wrote: So, it has a few reads with how yesterday went down it wants to discuss. It took time to see how the experience wagon developed and was a little confused.

From the Mason claims, can it ask something? Why did Experience's death feel inevitable upon its re-read? Like, there was obstensibly a counter wagon, but it felt like the whole time it was a waiting room for Experience's death. Do you disagree with this take from it? Because it has a follow up observation about this, if it is felt to be accurate.

Additionally, from Marci, can you explain to it what your view of the deathy is in terms of your reads on the other slots?
I think most of the game had it whittled down to experience or sunflower from that hood, and at that point it’s really a coin flip who goes first. But we now have new information to review with this, is there anyone you think pushed experience in a weird way?
Okay, so it's assessment is correct?

Then it doesn't want to kill Sunflower today. Infact, if we're killing in the Dethy, it would rather kill anyone else, it thinks.

The sensation of the game being a waiting room from its perspective comes from an apathetic status quo, and if it knows anything about status quo, it is that scum only allow that to exist if they are comfortable with the outcome.

There wasn't a weird push on experience. More explicitly... why wasn't there a weird push opposing? Where was the setup by players preparing for the flip? Where was the motility?

It felt as if the game had been reduced to "kill Experience, if not, kill Sunflower" and that scum were okay with this series of events.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5949 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2024 4:13 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 5946, marcistar wrote: question me more petapan! trust me im in a bad mood now so ull have lots of fun!
I mean I'll be honest, I could probably find you as town if I tunneled you and read your reaction but I don't want to do that? I don't want to put you in a bad mood. I do actually want your input if you're town, I just figured I could get you to reveal something if you're scum and think I'm in your pocket.
super secret alt

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”