mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5800 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 5798, Dunnstral wrote:I feel bad for sickofit who got absolutely brushed aside as people rushed to get pairings
agreed on that front fwiw
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5801 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5776, Kagami wrote:I did want to lynch sad scout, but that was impossible. I wanted to just suicide, but I couldn't bear the thought of scum-jester-mds winning like that.
For real though I kind of abused you wanting to lynch them
When you were threatening suicide, the best defense against that for me was to try to take control and let jester pair make it to endgame with my plan (which I knew you would disagree with)

And I think it worked, well things seemed pretty close at the time
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5802 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Human Sequencer Dead PT wrote:i really do think arthur is scum

on the last day i was alive i just felt this absolutely horrible wrenching feeling deep down whenever i talked to him, i could sense some incredible negative intention behind everything he said. i cant word it at all but it just felt like i was talking to a psychopath. i was actually terrified. you can see my backpedal and fear in some of my interactions with him.

he seems like a cool guy and i think that's more likely to be 'arthur is scum' as opposed to 'arthur is an asshole' due to some other interactions i've had with him

let me guess that meme is taking the piss out of me townreading you? :<<<
Human Sequencer Dead PT wrote:the worst thing about it was that i knew nobody else would believe me, i knew everybody else was reading him straight i just felt something deep down that there was something horribly wrong. like his posts were fine they were just all malformed in intent, like a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing and every post i felt like he was gonna jump and tear me to shreds. fucking terrified.
Human Sequencer Dead PT wrote:just a third post to really nail in how fucking mortified talking to arthur post-intermission made me feel
Good catch btw, I was very impressed with how you switched you read on me. Sadly, I think it was a bit too late because Parama was gonna get lynched, and people rarely listen to the dead.

I admit my scumgame usually consists of appease some people while arguing with/pushing people that I don't think would get me in trouble. I usually try to work with whatever that person likes. If they're a logical person, I give them logical responses and logical conversations. If they're a trolly person, I have fun with them and meme with them, etc. If they're a passionate person, I give them passion. If someone wants to get in a shouting contest, I'll get in a shouting contest.

I however have extreme apathy when playing scum. I'm surprised no one caught on the fact I tended to do a lot of "I want to reread X" "Want to ISO Y" but never actually got around to it. Especially after Parama flip, normally if I was town I would have reread that scumflip ISO like a million times.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5803 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 5797, Dunnstral wrote:I read the dead thread, Pie don't hate me :( Also you didn't play bad
I don't hate you. I hate that people in this game seemed to be entirely incapable of seeing through your facade for some cosmic reason, but I don't hate you.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5804 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5009, MiniDeathStar wrote:Would you agree that if Jester is town then Dunn is also town? I don't see scum!Dunn planning around a town/town pair for endgame. It would be super next level even for him.

If you all agree on that, I'm happy to suicide now. It would give us a town/town pair in Dunn/Kagami, or worst case scenario it would remove scum. That's assuming Kagami is town, which I now think she is.
Uhhh whoops
In post 5125, Kagami wrote:There's almost no chance Dunn is scum. Will go over it when I'm not mobile, but the tl;dr is HS-interactions and his indignant reaction to being ignored today is beyond what I suspect his scum self is capable.
Same

People were wondering why I was bussing instead of just going to lynch jester-mds: well it just seemed better to me. It threw a lot of people off I think

I kind of wanted to powerbus while pieguy was still alive
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5805 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

This game would have been super easy if people had just sheeped me.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5806 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Quick thoughts, I very much enjoyed playing with HS and inspector, both were very fun to play with (and that's way more important than winning/losing, an actual pleasant game because lets be real we're all playing this in our free time not to add more stress to our daily lives but to enjoy ourselves). I would also be down to hydra in the future.

I'm sorry MDS if I was rude to you at times :/ I really enjoyed playing with you as well, and I think if I was town I would not have pushed you as hard as I did at all.

Shadow/Maria were a pretty scary duo. As I said in the scum PT, I think their lynch was essential, they were both towning it up pretty hard they would've been the T/T pair.

Uhh what else. I think mhsmith fell into some of the traps I went for lol, the calling out Jester passionately for being inactive so it looks town, my aggressive playstyle, etc.

Parama and Dunn you guys were great partners too :) Lol at our PT posts we barely did anything there but meme. I usually don't like posting a lot in the scum PT, I don't like enforcing my views on others, etc, and I'll just do me while I let them do themselves. That way we can avoid obv connections, etc. Obv for big plans like bussing Parama we had to talk about in the PT.

Thanks everyone for the game, and thanks mod for running it.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5807 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Parama »

bussing me was a great plan
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5808 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Oh I also thought the setup was town-sided I even complained to FG a little early on :shifty:

Maybe because I was scum myself idk. But I def think the setup is town-sided on paper, how it plays out seems to be different because of the ability to leave dance as well as the personal lover PTs (what people in the dead PT have mentioned).
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5809 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

it's town-sided if town is competent and playing remotely optimally

instead a bunch of townies made obviously scum-sided plans and plays and happily followed them through to the fairly obvious likely end result

pointing this out in thread (while very obviously caring about the points I was raising) and getting dismissed, ignored and suspected for "setup spec" was super fun.
Show
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5810 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 5805, Shadow_step wrote:This game would have been super easy if people had just sheeped me.
Your charisma is better compared to a compost pile.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5811 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 5810, Nahdia wrote:
In post 5805, Shadow_step wrote:This game would have been super easy if people had just sheeped me.
Your charisma is better compared to a compost pile.
nahdia is my favorite
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5812 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Scout I thought this was hilarious by the way
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5813 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Sucking up to players for no reason is not my playstyle. I made a pretty decent case on Kagami scum which nobody listened to. I think I said it in my lover PT too that one of Dunn/Kagami is def scum so it didn't matter.
I said SAD is just scum who doesn't want to catch up and hence is complaining about the hyperposting.

Nahdia what did you do with your charisma? Fuck all
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5814 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

HS/Kagami scum MVPs.
Show

Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5815 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Kagami »

You can call me that if you like, but HS as scum-MVP is pretty laughable.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5816 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

of the town (the three scum all played quite well IMO):

hs suicided and got the only scum kill of the game, and started the push on parama post intermission. for a newer player, that's overall a solid game warts aside

vedith scum mvp in a walk for reasons that I think are utterly obvious

jester put in essentially zero effort all game long and would have been scum MVP in a normal game

cerb, if in fact a very good player, had a horror of a game (if he's simply a meh player [my impression fwiw] then he just had a down game)
scout managed to put zero effort into sorting his partner and managed to hard town read a very obviously fakable post in his PT on the last page
kagami didn't play well
nahdia didn't do much

most other townies played poorly as well
Show
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5817 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 5800, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 5798, Dunnstral wrote:I feel bad for sickofit who got absolutely brushed aside as people rushed to get pairings
agreed on that front fwiw
He only posted twice, so I doubt he felt invested enough to really be disappointed.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5818 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

It isn't.
She pushed all the mislynches till she was alive. Had SAD and Parama are super town lmao. Also pushed an MDS/Jester lynch which caused town to lose at the end. She caused Parama to die but irreparable damage had been done by then.
Show

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5819 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Kagami I enjoyed our pt, though
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5820 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Yeah, if that's what you want I'm down. Don't feel bad about it, I trust in your decision if you think thats what's best for town. And then we can enjoy our time in the dead PT goading people during lylo hehe.
Let's see...

SAD makes a post showing:
1) Literally zero paranoia about wolf!scout running some kind of scam
2) Insanely friendly/buddying response for what could conceivably be a near game-ending fuckup

Scout decides that this is somehow super townie, for reasons that are known only to himself, because gut/tonal reads can't be explained.

Except, of course, that they CAN be explained. And part of playing mafia effectively is understanding what it is you're seeing and why you're seeing it, and being able to explain it in a way that others can understand. And this is an incredibly easy example of what I'm talking about. Tonal reads that have substance and thought behind them can be explained, and if you want to be an effective tone reader you pretty much HAVE to learn how to do this.
Show
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5821 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by Kagami »

HS requested SAD gets lynched while leaving. HS correctly pointed out reasons for jester-town that did heavily influence my thinking. HS played a fine game.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #5822 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 5818, Shadow_step wrote:It isn't.
She pushed all the mislynches till she was alive. Had SAD and Parama are super town lmao. Also pushed an MDS/Jester lynch which caused town to lose at the end. She caused Parama to die but irreparable damage had been done by then.
She made mistakes, but all of the town did. She wasn't the town leader, and wasn't a veteran player. She's not the person who's supposed to be the hero, as a newer player she should expect that she can make mistakes and still have better town players around to carry her where needed. Those better town players never showed up this game.
Show
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5823 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 5819, Dunnstral wrote:Kagami I enjoyed our pt, though
I had fun this game, and the PT wasn't bad. I played poorly, but sometimes that happens.

The only thing I really feel bad about is not suiciding as promised.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5824 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 5813, Shadow_step wrote:Sucking up to players for no reason is not my playstyle. I made a pretty decent case on Kagami scum which nobody listened to. I think I said it in my lover PT too that one of Dunn/Kagami is def scum so it didn't matter.
I said SAD is just scum who doesn't want to catch up and hence is complaining about the hyperposting.

Nahdia what did you do with your charisma? Fuck all
Charisma is leagues more important than consistently accurate reads, silly.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”