Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Empire »

(We were Irene Adler by the way. Tierce was 100% on the money when she said we could be converted but I didn't believe her ._.)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Woot! So yeah, totally didn't read my role close enough till my post explaining such... My bad town.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Tierce »

That was freaking hilarious.

Second time in an hydra that I get a role that can change sides and end up not suffering it. Whew.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I didn't realise I knew who Moriarty was until Feysal's post. (Although I think I saw it when I read the Role PM, I just forgot)

But yeah, I felt we were really obvious, although I'm quite flattered with d3x presumably thinking I was Moriarty.

Well done everyone!
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

Really good job town.

Near the end of D1 I had a feeling that the Ludi/CES was town because of this quote:

In post 37, Magister Ludi wrote:Herodotus is of unimpeachable character, the fact you are voting such a fine gentleman is suspicious.

But CES was being scummy in my eyes and it was going to be hard to convince other people of this fact without exposing Herod as Moriarty.

Anyways, party time!
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah, I thought that too, but ML called someone else a fine gentleman as well, so I didn't think to place too much significance on it.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 577, Kthxbye wrote:Woot! So yeah, totally didn't read my role close enough till my post explaining such... My bad town.

Same, lol. I didn't know Moriarty's identity until end of Day 1. Apologies to d3x if he was trying to determine anything from my posts prior to that.

Good job, town!

After this game, I've realized I HATE AitP, and I really wish that I knew that this game was going to use a variant of that setup when I signed up for it. AitP punishes town for discussion because the assassin is looking for information that the majority has. It basically turns the basic premise of mafia (uninformed majority, informed minority) on its head. I would hesitate to even call it mafia, to be honest. I had a fun time in this game, but the setup left a sour taste in my mouth because I had some stuff I wanted to communicate but couldn't without potentially giving away Hero.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by d3x »

gg Town. This was a rough as hell setup for my first Scum game in 2+ years. My tactic was also skewed by not completely understanding a portion of my RolePM until after I was Lynched. I thought Irene wasn't recruitable, just that we weren't able to Night Talk until I 'found' her. With this in mind, I figured I'd already pulled a fair amount of suspicion, so I'd just try to draw out more info and let Irene use the Kill at a later point.

Solid job on not outting Hero as Moriarty, guys. I had him nixed from my suspects list pretty super early.

@DV- I had it narrowed down to you and Kthx based on who I thought was Informed Town. I had the FakeClaim for the Gollem, so I knew that someone had the identity of Moriarty. I figured out about 1/2way through D1 that not everyone had it, so I started formulating ideas based upon my reads of those 'in the know'. You ended up in the LukeWarm pile of most of those I suspected, specifically unmentioned by Rob in his huge 'reads' posts. Unfortunately, I didn't follow through with the line of thought as Hero wasn't mentioned either.

Oh, and the Feysal spat was exactly what I had said. I misread and the tenses/pluralities changed 1/2 way through the discussion.

I am curious as to who had what Roles, though.

Thx Mod and all.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by d3x »

It certainly didn't help me at all that most players didn't realise that they had Moriarty's identity. It left me with a whole handful of sh!t by way of evidence to help me narrow down the suspect pool. :)

GTKAS - d3x
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

So our play is what happens when we don't really play this like AITP. Don't really like that setup concept... :-\
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by d3x »

Yeah, I think DDDP did a solid job Modding, but I agree with Rob and Zach. I dislike AitP.

The Fluff was great and the mechanic of criminals being Guards was pretty awesome. I liked figuring out that detail as the game progressed. As a direct result of this game, I went out and watched all of Sherlock durig D1. I loved it and can't wait for Season 3! :D

GTKAS - d3x
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Yeeeeeah. I didn't enjoy this game at the end.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Clever idea, and it's quite sensible flavorwise, but a hidden AitP is.... not the most enjoyable of games?
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I felt obvious D2. But everything is obvious when you already know the answer.

I'm glad I didn't say anything more about my win conditions being different from what d3x implied in 454, because my role PM didn't say anything about surviving. I didn't even consider the game could possibly be AiTP until late D1. In fact, I breadcrumbed twice.

Occasionally players will reveal their role for no good reason; the game could potentially have been ruined from the beginning by such a player as Moriarty. So I think it should have been more clear how dangerous that would be.

There is certainly room in Mafia for closed AiTP-style games, I'd just make it public what type of game it is and use powerroles.

That said, the theming was very well done. Thank you Debonair Danny DiPietro.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

It was a good theme and I do love the show. Just not my kind of game.

Thanks for modding Triple D
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Town played well, I started to think that I was the only one who actually realized Hero was Jim.

Not upset. Happy that I had so many townreads for a reason.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 591, BBmolla wrote:Town played well, I started to think that I was the only one who actually realized Hero was Jim.

Not upset. Happy that I had so many townreads for a reason.

Yeah, it got to the point where I felt like there was a 2 slot scum team (d3x and GummyBear).

Oh, and three town slots had no idea Herodotus was Moriarty (didn't say so in our role PMs). Tierce/I were one. Sottyrulez was presumably another. Who was the third?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Feysal said he didn't know.

I was thinking he might have been lying about not having that information, so the scum might have less ability to make connections, or second guess themselves.
That post where he said "there's something to discuss" and "this post is a towntell from Herodotus" had me concerned, ha.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by singersigner »

I started to think sotty was scum simply because I didn't see how anyone could possibly think we were scum with Hero for defending him so hard without a reason.

Meh.

"Lurking" is also not a scumtell for either of us (especially after calling V/LA in the beginning anyway), so for sotty/zach to push that so hard was weird.

Meh.

Quadz was also really pissed off that his only scumread (kthxbye) town-told like a mofo, and was fairly lost after that. Then I remembered CES was in the game and cheated by blindly following him. Apparently that works, lol.

Thanks for modding DDD. It was an interesting setup, and one I've never played in before. I also have to admit that I forgot I never read the role PM until Hero brought up the wincon question. Quadz told me we were town and so I was like, OH OK. Then I was like, "wow, Hero just derped but I think he's town" and he was like, "well yeah...we already know he's confirmed town." Go me. >_>
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 472, GummyBear wrote:
In post 460, Herodotus wrote:
In post 456, GummyBear wrote:I felt that the intent behind the post was scummy. He had 2 posts before that vote, both of which had literally 0 content. His third post was an L-1 vote, and that was it. That kind of lack of content, combined with jumping on a large wagon without even rehashing the case before the vote, does not seem terribly town-motivated to me.

What would be the goal of the post, from a scum perspective?

The goal is look like he's doing something without actually doing something, which is what we'd typically see from scum?

Combine that with his jump onto you.

Seems fairly convenient, don't you think?

vote: Kthxbye

And theeen...I forgot to quote it, but someone brought up not liking our post about CES yesterday. Meh, most of it was justifying a shitty wagon. We felt he was town but didn't feel like it was worth defending so late in the day. Mostly just hoping we were wrong, I suppose.

~singer

This, for the record, is where I thought Gummy town-told.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 594, singersigner wrote:I started to think sotty was scum simply because I didn't see how anyone could possibly think we were scum with Hero for defending him so hard without a reason.

Meh.

"Lurking" is also not a scumtell for either of us (especially after calling V/LA in the beginning anyway), so for sotty/zach to push that so hard was weird.

Meh.

Quadz was also really pissed off that his only scumread (kthxbye) town-told like a mofo, and was fairly lost after that. Then I remembered CES was in the game and cheated by blindly following him. Apparently that works, lol.

Thanks for modding DDD. It was an interesting setup, and one I've never played in before. I also have to admit that I forgot I never read the role PM until Hero brought up the wincon question. Quadz told me we were town and so I was like, OH OK. Then I was like, "wow, Hero just derped but I think he's town" and he was like, "well yeah...we already know he's confirmed town." Go me. >_>

Actually reconsidered the read. You might have observed this in the form of drastically reduced attention on our part. :cool:
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Anyways, thanks for playing everyone; I appreciate everyone gutting it out even if it wasn't their favorite setup. Basically the idea came after Vi and I watched the last episode of Sherlock and I was still trying to come up with a theme idea. Originally Sherlock was supposed to be the King and Moriarty the assassain but Vi convinced me it made better flavor sense to flip it and I agreed. I also tried to interject some power roles in my first edition of the setup but it was already complicated enough without them and I'm not sure how much they would've helped as opposed to made things even murkier. Unfortuantely, I didn't forsee the potential issues with masslcaim/claiming until early in day one which is why the rule got posted D1 when it did because I figured that would probably prevent the sort of breakdown I was worried about. Then again if I had just posted it in the rules without notice it seems like most of you would've skipped it over anyways :p
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 am

Post by quadz08 »

I think it was a clever idea that doesn't necessarily work in practice. *shrug*
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

I can't believe people thought I would replace out because I had three votes on me or any other such reason. What the heck

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”