Mini 941: (Almost) No Rules Mafia (Game Over)

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Espeonage »

zoraster wrote:
FishytheFish the Macho Neutral Selector and Jack of All Trades was killed.

Fishy's Role PMYou are one of TWO Macho Neutral Selectors and Jack of All Trades. Things are about to get a little complicated so follow along, sweetheart. I’ll break it down bit by bit.

Selector: You may at any time, when there are 6 or more players alive, choose to pick to become either a Town member or a Mafia member. You may do this at any point during the day or night by PMing me with your choice. When you have selected a side, I will post the following message in game: “The selectors have made their choice!”

There’s just one hitch: if the other Macho Neutral Selector picks before you do, you will automatically be placed on the opposite team that that other Selector picked. If both Selectors PM me within 48 hours of Day 1’s start and both have picked the same side, I will flip a coin (via random.org) to pick whose pick actually went through. Thus, selections will not be made before 48 hours has elapsed in the game.

If you die before selecting, you lose.

I should note that if there is more than one mafia team, I will have designed it so that a particular mafia team will be joined by the mafia selector.

Last, your alignment will NOT be revealed until and unless BOTH Selectors are dead.

Neutral: Self-explanatory, but you start off unaligned, so you are neutral. You are essentially a survivor until you select a side, so if you die, you lose.

Macho: Doctors will not protect you. Jailkeepers will only block your role from working, it won’t protect you. Watchers won’t see who visited you. Any other roles that stop kills will be neutralized.

Jack of All Trades: Your powers vary depending on whether you’re Neutral, Town or Scum.
Neutral: You have the following 1-shot powers: Watch* (see who targets a player), Invent* (send me a target and an item. They’ll get a power based on that item. Careful, some items may have the opposite effect of what you might otherwise think!
Town: You have the following 1-shot powers: Role Cop*, Jailkeep*, Treestump**
Scum: You have the following 1-shot powers: Track*, Ninja* (undetectable by trackers and watchers), Roleblock*, Rolecop*, Treestump**

*Nighttime only powers.
**Treestumping: During the day at any time (provided you have not been hammered or are already dead) you may put this in bold Mod: Treestump me! and this will turn you into a treestump. Any votes on you will be reset, but you can still be voted for. You will no longer have the ability to vote. You will have the power to post still. If you are killed or lynched after this point, you are removed from the game as normal.

Win Cons:
Neutral: Survivor. Only wins if alive and game ends with 6 or more players alive.
Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.
Scum: You win when all town, sks or any other party that has a win condition contrary to yours is eliminated or nothing can prevent them from being eliminated.

This might be a bit confusing, so any questions you should feel free to ask me about.

Confirm in Thread

Day 2 Vote Count
Hoopla ( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
xvart ( 0 )
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Zang ( 0 )
Espeonage ( 0 )
DeathNote ( 0 )
CryMeARiver ( 0 )
FishytheFish ( 0 )
Grimmy ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 9 ) animorpherv1 totallynotmafia Espeonage CryMeARiver Zang DeathNote Hoopla xvart Grimmy
Total Votes ( 9 )

With 8 able to vote, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: Tuesday, April 15th at 16:00 EDT

Day 2 Starts Now

My apologies for screwing it up.
bolded the important bit.
Don't @ me.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Your an idiot (addressing anyone who is calling me out as scum for claiming my sham).

I can understand if I was caught hiding my sham account, but I confessed it. obviously people thought it was anti town to point out I was still alive which might be the case assuming that it was anyone beside me that pulled that stunt. I was curious as to were this was leading so I used a Sham, big deal.

I derailed town from lynching me. It is not my fault we lynch a different town person. Either way, we might have lynch him today.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Espeonage »

EBWOP wait I just realised that I missed the IF.
Unvote
You points are valid for now.
Don't @ me.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

DeathNote wrote:Your an idiot (addressing anyone who is calling me out as scum for claiming my sham).

I can understand if I was caught hiding my sham account, but I confessed it. obviously people thought it was anti town to point out I was still alive which might be the case assuming that it was anyone beside me that pulled that stunt. I was curious as to were this was leading so I used a Sham, big deal.

I derailed town from lynching me. It is not my fault we lynch a different town person. Either way, we might have lynch him today.
Why didn't you admit it was you yesterday? It seems to me you only admitted it today because you were about to be lynched.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Espeonage wrote:EBWOP wait I just realised that I missed the IF.
Unvote
You points are valid for now.
What do you think of Hoopla now then?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by DeathNote »

totallynotmafia wrote:
DeathNote wrote:Your an idiot (addressing anyone who is calling me out as scum for claiming my sham).

Why didn't you admit it was you yesterday? It seems to me you only admitted it today because you were about to be lynched.
Bull, I was about to be lynched
yesterday
not today. This holds no substance.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I still think she is town however I am less suspicious of you than I did 10 minutes ago.
It looks like an innocent mistake at the moment. True I can't be certain that she is town anymore but I still do think she is town.
Don't @ me.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:18 pm

DeathNote wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:

Bull, I was about to be lynched
yesterday
not today. This holds no substance.
You had three votes on you already and I had stated that I intended to vote for you I just didn't want to rush it. You were going to be lynched today, and I would vote for you now if it wasn't for Hoopla being caught out fake-claiming.

What do you think of the Hoopla situation by the way?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2 Vote Count
Hoopla ( 2 ) animorpherv1 totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 1 ) CryMeARiver
xvart ( 0 )
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Zang ( 0 )
Espeonage ( 0 )
DeathNote ( 0 )
CryMeARiver ( 0 )
Grimmy ( 0 )
Hate_Me_Not ( 2 ) xvart Zang
Not Voting ( 5 ) DeathNote Hoopla xvart Grimmy Espeonage
Total Votes ( 9 )

With 8 able to vote, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline: Tuesday, April 15th at 16:00 EDT

I just wanted to clarify that yes, treestumping does mean that powers are unusable. The only thing a treestumped person can do is post about the game here, in public mafiascum threads, and -- if scum -- in the QT at the appropriate times.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm

I think there's a possibility Espeonage may have slipped up with his "there is more than one faction" post, and if there are two scum teams I think they could be:

Scumgroup A:
-Hoopla
-Espeonage

Scumgroup B:
-DeathNote
-UK

Which explains certain players actions and why Espeonage would know if there is more than one scumgroup.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Fair conclusion.

I do agree that those couples are probably on the same team. Group A in the Town and Group B in a mafia faction.
Don't @ me.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by DeathNote »

totallynotmafia wrote:I think there's a possibility Espeonage may have slipped up with his "there is more than one faction" post, and if there are two scum teams I think they could be:

Scumgroup A:
-Hoopla
-Espeonage

Scumgroup B:
-DeathNote
-UK

Which explains certain players actions and why Espeonage would know if there is more than one scumgroup.
Hmm thats interesting. I could have sworn you just accused me and Hoopla of being on one team, not opposite teams.
totallynotmafia wrote:Clearly Hoopla's original claim is different, and so she tried to make it look as if she was just quoting her original claim and hoped that we wouldn't bother to go back and check if it was the same.

This seems too good to be true but it looks as if we've just caught two scum in Hoopla and DeathNote
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by DeathNote »

totallynotmafia wrote:DeathNote is scummy for the whole HMN and lying to the town thing. I forgot he was the one you fake-targeted, I don't really know the motivation behind doing that to fellow scum besides possible distancing but at any right I'd like to hear DeathNote's reasoning for misleading the town and not just owning up to the sham yesterday.
Oh my bad. This is the one that you accuse us of being on the same team, the other was just that we were both scum as if i had slipped or something.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Espeonage wrote:Fair conclusion.

I do agree that those couples are probably on the same team. Group A in the Town and Group B in a mafia faction.
What about Hoopla makes you think she's town?

Please go back over the last few pages and read everything again, but I'll try to explain as concisely as possible what happened and why I'm sure she's scum:

1) Ani voted for Hoopla saying she's got a gun.

2) We forced Ani to claim which he did and his claim was gunsmith.

3) We then forced Hoopla to claim, and she appeared to quote her own claim from before, but obviously it was a different claim.

4)She then later claimed that she had lost the original key.

I can't seriously be the only one who sees that she is scum and in her original claim she must have just claimed VT or someone who doesn't have a gun, and so after Ani's investigation she knew that the original claim would catch her out so she attempted to fool us by making it look as if she had quoted her original claim but it was really the new cop one.

Even without this the role PM looks fake anyway:
You are a town cop. You can detect whether people are innocent or not. Be aware of Godfathers, Millers, Framers, etc.! You may send your target each night by PM, and I'll tell you whether or not they're aligned with a/the mafia.

Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 93&start=0
Somebody else please tell me they see this.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by Espeonage »

What about the role PM looks fake?
Don't @ me.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Deathnote, that was before I was thinking that there may be more than one scumgroup, which is why I said I thought you both were scum but I didn't understand why Hoopla would fake-target you like that. Two scumgroups with you guys on either side would explain this though.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Espeonage wrote:What about the role PM looks fake?
Well for starters, it says "you can detect whether people are innocent or not."

A cops main object is to find scum, so wouldn't it be more likely to say "whether people are guilty or not."

And would the mod really warn about godfathers and millers etc?

Also shouldn't it say that the reply would be guilty rather than simply if they are alligned with a/the mafia as there could be third parties?

Seems fake to me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Umm... maybe take that up with zoraster once the game is over. It looks genuine to me.

1. That is just glass half full v half empty
2. I don't see why he shouldn't mention that. It saves him some butt ache later if people start assuming roles are there when there aren't. It basically helps zoraster not be a bastard mod in a game that already has enough bastardly stuff in it.
3. The one time I was cop I got told either mafia or town not guilty or innocent.

TNM you are clutching at straws here.
Don't @ me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Espeonage wrote: TNM you are clutching at straws here.
Word.

TNM is still town though - his reaction to my gambit yesterday was totally town, and I don't see scum pushing so hard on this point now.

Espeopnage, who is scum? I have no idea where your suspicions lie right now.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I haven't been playing too much attention to the thread as a whole. Anyways, Deathnote, UK and Zang.
Don't @ me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Hoopla »

IMO, 'TheRealGunSmith' should claim now, because I refuse to believe that claim isn't related to this thread.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Zang »

Wow, a lot has happened in ten hours.

Hooplas claim is very suspicous but I still think she might be town. But please nobody loose their key. 
Your an idiot (addressing anyone who is calling me out as scum for claiming my sham). 

I have to agree with tnm, why didn't you claim earlier. You were at L-1 yesterday why didn't you claim then?
I haven't been playing too much attention to the thread as a whole. Anyways, Deathnote, UK and Zang.
I can undrstand deathnote and UK claimed scum. But why me?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:50 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

So, when we lynching Hoopla?
Or DeathNote?

I mean, either would be really cool :P.

Hell, lynch ani too.

OR ME, BWAHAHAHAHAHA~!

kinzofaec.jpg
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:19 am

We are lynching Hoopla as soon as the other town players realise that
sneakily changing your cryptoclaim is extremely scummy.

The whole point of cryptoclaiming is so that scum are forced to make their claims early and then have to stick with them. E.g. scum claims VT to be on the safe side, they later get accused of having a gun, they go "oh shit VTs don't have a gun but scum do so everyone will know I'm scum, well I'm doomed but hey as long as I'm screwed I may as well try and get away with making another cop cryptoclaim and put it into a quote so it looks like it's the original one and just hope people wont go back and actually check....oh shit they checked I'm screwed now....oh well I'll just say I lost the key....oh shit I can't believe they actually believed me this is too easy WOOHOO!!!!!"

It's absoluteley mind-boggling that you guys are letting Hoopla off the hook, it's literally boggling my mind. I like the game boggle but NOT IN MY MIND. The cryptoclaiming was a complete waste of time if we're not going to hold people accountable to it.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:59 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Espeonage wrote:I am almost 100% sure that Hoopla is town, mainly because I am town <snip>
WTF are you thinking? Someone is not town because :You are town" unlesss were talking Kinmaker game.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”