mini 2126: the game is OVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5500 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Sorry for deceiving you all.
:oops:
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5501 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Also @Eddie, @Oka, I'm really sorry for that weird paranoia I had about you two.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5502 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5473, schadd_ wrote:i enduringly dont see the point of waiting for nero to get a guilty to kill him
I didn't expect people's Luna townreads to expire that fast. The idea was to force a 1v1 between Luna and Nero so we could win in F5, rather than letting me possibly get lynched which outs Luna.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5503 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 5499, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 5489, Auro wrote:Alchemist, Nero, Penguin: I think you all played post D3 really well even if we lost at the end. :)
Thank you. :)
Sorry for giving you so much shit on D2, btw, too.

I actually enjoyed our 1v1, but I know that other people might not feel the same when I push them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5504 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 pm

In post 5492, Auro wrote:Luna & Smart: Well played!
Smart, I'm taking some credit for being the only vote on you the day y'all lynched Comical :P I KNEW there was Something_Off about your play wrt Boon.
Yep... my relationship with Boon is far too complex and nuanced for me to fake as scum, and on top of that him calling out my rolecop softs and then still claiming a result on me threw me pretty off balance. It's a good thing I have a strong "mechanics first" reputation that I could fall back on D3 and D4 or I certainly would not have made it through those days :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5505 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Auro »

{Boonskiies, Eddie Cane, Auro} blocked on D2
Boon lynched D3, Auro killed N3, Eddie lynched D4

:(
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5506 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 5504, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5492, Auro wrote:Luna & Smart: Well played!
Smart, I'm taking some credit for being the only vote on you the day y'all lynched Comical :P I KNEW there was Something_Off about your play wrt Boon.
Yep... my relationship with Boon is far too complex and nuanced for me to fake as scum, and on top of that him calling out my rolecop softs and then still claiming a result on me threw me pretty off balance. It's a good thing I have a strong "mechanics first" reputation that I could fall back on D3 and D4 or I certainly would not have made it through those days :P
Ah, yes, you put it into better words. :lol:
If you were town you wouldn't get mad at him for doing those things, right? You'd prolly just go "lul Boon" etc?

And yeah, you did a really good job of "mechanics first" in the later days. Reminded me of Crown of Misery, that big math EV post you did when everyone else was trying to find scum :lol:
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5507 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

btw SS those times where you kept going "I have some idea about this but i'll share it later" or "but im waiting on" almost gave a heart attack.
Idk if that's something you do as town, but I kept going "DO SOMETHING" in my head but i didnt want to interfere with whatever you had planned :lol:
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5508 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

Granted I'm dissapointed Dany got easily townread then vanished and when he came back he just kept getting scumread.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5509 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 5500, Luna Fox wrote:Sorry for deceiving you all.
:oops:
Don't be guilty, be proud of it. Your goal was to manipulate and deceive us and you pulled it off perfectly. ;)

Next time you throw your AtE game at us I'll be prepared.

I still feel like throwing Dany under the bus was a more risky strategy than actually piling on to our NSG push on D2. If that had happened everything would've gone to hell.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5510 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 5508, Luna Fox wrote:Granted I'm dissapointed Dany got easily townread then vanished and when he came back he just kept getting scumread.
On this topic, I dislike playing with people who so obviously just ignore their scumgames and purely focus on towngames. Dany was capable of posting, and yet, he chose to just piss off from this thread entirely.
Rolling scum with people who care nada to win as scum just screws over your winning chance too, unfortunately.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5511 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

dont apologize for reads lol
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5509, Auro wrote:Next time you throw your AtE game at us I'll be prepared.
Granted I throw less AtE as scum than i do as town.
This is specially true if im scumread as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5513 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:39 pm

In post 5468, schadd_ wrote:howd you guys like the setup. :^) pretty happy with how the triple voyeur thing worked out. thats pretty much what you have to do to get it to do something
Seems a little townsided based on the fact that scum are going to be forced into a lot of their kills unless they can lynch town PR's or kill them early. If Comical hadn't gotten a guilty and he and RCEslot had both claimed on D3 with a total of three innos, there's no way we'd ever come back from that. Of course that's a worst-case scenario, but it's not THAT unlikely to happen.

The voyeurs were cool, though Luna claiming voyeur was maybe a misplay because it forced her to keep me alive. Though she did go about revealing her info in a towny way so it maybe balanced out. But fakeclaims for scum are going to be rough no matter what-- if you go triple VT then you can't mislynch any town PR's (except MAYBE the fruit vendor) which makes them really annoying, and anything else still subjects you to pretty scary setup spec. I maybe didn't have to pull out the rolecop claim I was setting up as a fallback but I'm not sure Boon will get lynched if I don't, just because town doesn't have enough power. And if Boon doesn't get lynched there then we pretty much have to kill him and then we have to kill Nero and we don't get any chances to eliminate dangerous dayplay threats like nsg.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5514 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 pm

In post 5507, Luna Fox wrote:btw SS those times where you kept going "I have some idea about this but i'll share it later" or "but im waiting on" almost gave a heart attack.
Idk if that's something you do as town, but I kept going "DO SOMETHING" in my head but i didnt want to interfere with whatever you had planned :lol:
Oh it totally is, and a lot of times I didn't even really have that much of a plan. Sorry :P I am a very passive player.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5515 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

I think my only experience with town you is when you were a mason and i NK'd you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5516 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:42 pm

In post 5506, Auro wrote:If you were town you wouldn't get mad at him for doing those things, right? You'd prolly just go "lul Boon" etc?
I usually subscribe to the "if [stupid thing] happened then I'm okay with losing, so I'll assume it didn't" mindset, so I probably would have pushed Eddie D4 as town.

Idk about pushing Boon D3. My Boonscumdar is pretty good but I really don't have a ton of experience with him as town. I'm not convinced that I would actually have townread him on D3. But I definitely would have engaged with him a ton more.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5517 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i think there is like 0 friction towards lynching a fruit vendor
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5518 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

this setup like most setups is townsided - evidenced by the fact that we literally had the worst investigate on our 6-shot gunsmith twice, a fakeclaim that resulted in a mislynch, a speedhammering of the one basically conftown pr slot out of frustration of the slot swapping guilities left and right, a speedhammer of a vt on d1, and a massclaim on d2 that revealed the entire setup to scum.

yet even with all of these throws and impressive scumgames from the scumteam we got to 3p lylo
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5519 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't really agree with that argument
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5520 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5510, Auro wrote:On this topic, I dislike playing with people who so obviously just ignore their scumgames and purely focus on towngames.
in fairness, it's not like I only play when I'm not. I think scumhunting just comes to me more naturally. I think playing scum is usually p boring but I usally give it the old college try.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5521 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

make maf vigis normal :)
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5522 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by schadd_ »

the setup allowed you two investigations and directed two kills which is not a high EV case
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5523 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5518, OkaPoka wrote:this setup like most setups is townsided - evidenced by the fact that we literally had the worst investigate on our 6-shot gunsmith twice, a fakeclaim that resulted in a mislynch, a speedhammering of the one basically conftown pr slot out of frustration of the slot swapping guilities left and right, a speedhammer of a vt on d1, and a massclaim on d2 that revealed the entire setup to scum.

yet even with all of these throws and impressive scumgames from the scumteam we got to 3p lylo
that has more to do with bad town play than setup. 2 investigation roles, a doc/roleblock combo and a...pretty useless town pr isn't something thats insanely OP or anything.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5524 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 5523, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5518, OkaPoka wrote:this setup like most setups is townsided - evidenced by the fact that we literally had the worst investigate on our 6-shot gunsmith twice, a fakeclaim that resulted in a mislynch, a speedhammering of the one basically conftown pr slot out of frustration of the slot swapping guilities left and right, a speedhammer of a vt on d1, and a massclaim on d2 that revealed the entire setup to scum.

that has more to do with bad town play than setup. 2 investigation roles, a doc/roleblock combo and a...pretty useless town pr isn't something thats insanely OP or anything.
2 cops, TWO FUCKING COPS, i mean yeah they are gunsmiths but in the setup they might as well be miller cops.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”