Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Illumina »

This thread jumped 4 pages since wednesday, and thursday I was too busy to catch up. Sorry for the inactivity...

I'm going to do a more thorough re-read of the last few pages, but my initial impression is that SpyreX is more likely scum than not, and in either case lynching him will provide useful information. He's been on my possible scum list, and I think his one-for-one gambit is him trying to appear highly pro-town which may have backfired.

Timeater still appears pro-town to me, even if his initial claim wasn't the wisest move.

More after I return from class.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Illumina »

Okay. Having re-read, my impressions didn't change any. I think Timeater pretty much called it in 518, then SpyreX's post 519 went right along with that strategy, trying to look as protown as possible. 519 sounds more like scum trying to sound town than the other way around, and many of his posts after that still have the same feel to me.

Also, someone (Despite my efforts, I can't find/remember who...) brought up a good point: unless we give the serum to a metal player, what's preventing scum from night-killing any townie we give the serum to? This makes me hesitate to myco Timeater, since my read on him is protown.

Vote: SpyreX
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

... I'm not going to be able to get the synth, am I?

Blah.

Vote Count please.

P.S. When TE comes up scum, look real hard at the post above.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

It's sure not looking that way.

Illumina
FoS
on you for not addressing the Ort situation at all.

Oh, and what will you think when Spy flips Town?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

We need to USE the synth. Anyone who hammers this before we reach a majority on a synth (ANY synth) is acting anti-town. I'd prefer to synth TE, but really, whoever, as long as we USE it.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Wall-E »

unvote

unmycosynth

serum: MafiaSSK

I don't trust any of you anymore. MafiaSSK is getting my serum vote. Porkens keeps popping in with clever one-liners, finding things to say that characterize the rest of us as morons (and I'm starting to suspect he's right about some of you) like "LOL nobody lynch until the synth is determined!"

There is no way Spyrex and TE are scumbuddies. I'm calling that right now.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Considering how this has been going I dont find Porkens out of line at all. As it sits, the synth ISNT going to get used. Thats bad.

And you know deep in your belly I'm coming up town. You also know that there's gonna be no way to push on anyone else. I am the right lynch. I just want the synth before I die.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Spyrex is trying awfully hard to convince people he's town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good god, I'm trying to convince you that I want TE synthed enough to die for it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Ostensibly, yes. You jumped in after 555 to make a post that was both A) unrelated to the previous one and B) repetetive to the point of causing me to grow agitated. You're looking for excuses to push an agenda, and I don't think it's on the level.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You said no way were are scumbuddies. I'm say, duh, you KNOW I'm town. You know I'm going to turn up town. The reason for it is simple.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Why do you all care if Spyre is "trying so hard to look town" if he's going to be lynched anyways? You'll know it for sure when the day is done.

Forget any situational details. Do you think it's worth losing a metal town to lynch a scum (metal or flesh scum)? Do you think it's worth scum giving themselves up D1 to demetal a townie, not knowing how many metal townies there are. (It doesn't matter how many you think there are, we can all agree that no one
knows
for sure, and this includes scum.)

This is why I don't believe Spyre is scum. I know he will follow through with hammering himself. I don't doubt that for a second. I don't think any scum would give themselves up D1 just to demetal 1 townie.

Geraintm, why would you vote to myco someone who is offering themselves to a lynch? (This won't even get answered until D2.)

TE, you are either scum (yes) or you are way big-headed. What makes you think the town can't win this game without you being steel? I would like a PM quote from you. I don't know why we haven't done this yet. I want to know what you think you'll accomplish if you do get the serum one day. I sort of doubt a steely would get a very strong power role like cop or vig. You may not even get powers at all.

We have to hit a majority at deadline. I'll vote Spyre (town) to prevent a no-lynch if you go along with this whole myco process TE. (You know that if Spyre really did flip scum, no one would lynch you tomorrow right?)
Robot
Robot
Townie
Robot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Robot »

I'm the big-headed one?

I didnt bother reading Spyre's wall of text. I'm just ignoring him now.
I would like a PM quote from you
I already quoted my PM. Look back. Few fun facts about my role: I actually looked up my role name, Triskelion. On the mtg, card, you can see him resembling a "steel fleet" or whatever is closing to describing that. On the original card, the flavor text of Triskelion is: "a brainchild of Tawnos, the Triskelion later proved both versatile and useful" And I looked up Tawnos, who is some magic artificier dude and is an apprentice to Urza, apparently a famous mtg character (who is a "good" guy, as far as I can tell) I mean, according to Spyre, I lied about the alignment of my role, but for evidence he ignored (i got yelled at for posting pictures) the alignment of triskelion is a good one considering the mtg flavor.

Spyre and CF Riot are sooo adamant he's going to get lynched, but we will believe it when we see it, yea? I really dont mind seeing him go at this point, he's very negative and is starting to make me very negative.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, wrong account. ^ but dats meee
watch for the eggshells
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by CF Riot »

According to my count (forgive mistakes) we're looking at:

Lynch

Spyre: TE, Tony, Illumina
Seraphim: Spyre
Illumina: Ort
Pork: Seraphim
Riot: Geraintm

Mycosynth

TE: Spyre, Pork, Riot, Tony
Wall: Sera, Illumina
Riot: TE
Spyre: Spyre

This means we're 4 votes from a majority lynch. 3 votes from myco majority.

I'd vote Spyre or Sera. Spyre is last resort to prevent a no-lynch obviously. I'd myco Wall still. Sheesh. I don't know what to do with TE really. I can really see you believing your steel status is more important than securing a scum lynch. This is multiplied by the fact that so many other people are dropping little scum tells that the number of suspicious people exceeds the expected number of scum. Which is always bad.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

I wouldn't mind getting behind a Wall-E myco. He's been acting pretty predatory and opportunistic the past few pages, which is a far cry from how he was posting 5+ pages ago when people were considering him for mycoing. CF I still think you made a huge mistake concerning the serum situation and your attempt to manipulate it, and I will not forget that, but I dont see people going for a myco on you. I am switching my myco to Wall-E, in hopes of discouraging people from a bandwagon on me.

Unmycosynth

Mycosynth: Wall-E
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Deadline is tomorrow and this is where we are at?
I am switching my myco to Wall-E, in hopes of discouraging people from a bandwagon on me.
Real pro-town motives there.

Look, I want TE synthed.

However, to stop a no-lynch which is where it's screamin towards...

Unvote, Vote: SpyreX

Ohh shi I put my money where my mouth is.

I trust CFR and Pork to do what has to be done before deadline.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Illumina »

I repeat: how are we ever supposed to use the serum without the scum night-killing anyone we give it to? In order to use the serum at all, we're going to have to give it to metal players. Given this, mycoing Timeater now isn't a good play.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And if he is scum like I've had every reason to believe?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

SpyreX, this is my last plea to you:

You are really letting your personal feelings (me "irking" you) get in the way of seeing things clearly. I think thats apparent to alot of people. If you really are just telling the truth, and you are townie, what is happening here is you are just suiciding yourself in order to get (probably) the only metal townie get synth'd. You have put the town in an impossible position.

Also, SpyreX, since you want to die, there will be no harm in copy/pasting your role pm before you do so.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

I am switching my myco to Wall-E, in hopes of discouraging people from a bandwagon on me.
Yes, they are pro-town motives. We dont know if there are any other metal townies in the game, and it is highly plausible there are not. I am doing what I feel necessary to protect the town's greatest known asset: myself.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Timeater »

I will gladly accept a mycosynthing d3+ if it makes the town feel better. Hopefully by then someone will have been able to confirm me (assuming someone gets a cop power). D1 is just not the wisest time for it. No way jose.
watch for the eggshells
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If you are the only metal town, which I'd be surprised at (both the only and the metal), by outing yourself at such a juncture when we've had no reason to trust you makes you nothing short of a liability.

If you really think I'm doing this because you "irk" me, well.

I posted those words for a reason. The flimsy "case" on me about the serum shift will obviously cloud eyes for far too long. I am willing to die for information.

A huge part of that is that you will be synthed.

My PM isn't going to do anything about anything. I am a blacksmith, thats all you get.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

I will gladly accept a mycosynthing d3+ if it makes the town feel better. Hopefully by then someone will have been able to confirm me (assuming someone gets a cop power). D1 is just not the wisest time for it. No way jose.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That's just not going to cut it, unless they start bagging scum between then and now.

Furthermore, I hope and pray that the town keeps it together and never gives you the serum. Thus you are a known BP - worthless if you are town.

Your "worth" doesn't decrease any by being synthed.

If we had played this like a normal day and you played good and ended up with the serum and lo and behold there was no NK, well, then that is the great use of being metal.

Claiming, expecting us to believe it (especially with all the upside in the universe for scum) and then accusing me of being scum metal because I called you out on it?

Not good play. I think it was a scum move from the getgo. I've been clear on that.

Maybe getting killed with get more people to listen.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”