Selfie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Tazaro »

Equinox (3) XScorpion, Mr.Sandman, ODDin
drmyshottyizsik (4) Scott Brosius, Hinduragi, Tazaro, Chronopie
Scott Brosius (1) drmyshottyizsik
(No vote) Scott Brosius, Equinox
9 alive. 5 votes lynch.

^And those were good memories because I won, and it was my first game!
Last edited by Korejora on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Equinox »

I AM DONE. FINALLY.
easjo682 wrote:
XScorpion wrote:While beefster looks like obv. scum at this point, the people who are hurriedly jumping to his wagon could easily be on the other faction.
what does it matter if scum are on the wagon of other scum? it still eliminates more scum which is a good thing.
:eek:

I retract my slight scum read on ODDin and make it a neutral read. ODDin seemed fairly pro-town to me on Day 1, yet he went on defensive for certain players on Day 2, which doesn't sit well with me. I'll need to keep an eye here.

Why are we still arguing about Chronopie? The guy is like the dictionary definition of "lurker." The fact that he's posting elsewhere and not here makes me wonder if he's deliberately staying under the radar. Bad, bad, bad. The fact that he posted an L-1 vote with, like, no opinions whatsoever despite a complete reread seals the deal. Can we lynch it?

Tazaro is difficult to read. I suspect this is his playing style, but it comes off as scummy to me. I'll need to keep an eye here.

Scott Brosius came in with NK speculation, basing his case against Mr. Chaos on the fact that the three dead townies all suspected him. Quite odd, really. I'll need to keep an eye here.

drmyshottyizsik, you should have known better. The first thing you do when you replace a PR, whatever it is, is to ask for your predecessor's night actions. Immediately. It's common sense. Also,
asking
for counterclaims? You don't ask for counterclaims... when you know you are what you are. If you're town doctor, scum doctor isn't going to counterclaim you; if you're scum doctor, asking suddenly makes a lot of sense. Your response is also horrible. The onus is not on us to prove you are not the doctor; we have already taken that step by calling you scum and bringing a case forth. That responsibility is yours. You're the one who claimed, after all!

All right. Chronopie needs to die, but so does drmyshottyizsik. Since we already have had a claim and discussion about it, I think a hammer is appropriate.

Praise me if he is scum. Scorn me if he is not!

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by Korejora »

Equinox (3) XScorpion, Mr.Sandman, ODDin
drmyshottyizsik (5) Scott Brosius, Hinduragi, Tazaro, Chronopie, Equinox

Scott Brosius (1) drmyshottyizsik
(No vote) Scott Brosius
9 alive. 5 votes lynch.

This time, you're certain you got one of them. You weren't buying that "don't worry, I'm a doctor" horse cake - he couldn't even remember who his last patient was! Never mind that he was a completely different fellow than the one that was living there yesterday; you know they just sent in someone new because the first guy wasn't getting the job done fast enough. Well, this one wouldn't be getting the job done at all! You'd see to that.

What exactly 'the job' was remains to be seen, however, because you couldn't find any orders from the Mafia or the local werewolf pack on him.

drmyshottyizsik
, a
townie
, has been lynched.

Night will end around 80 - 90 hours from the time of this post.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:03 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

BLAHH!!!
#freeShotty
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:19 am

Post by XScorpion »

LOCK THE THREAD PLZ
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Chronopie »

Content removed.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Korejora »

It was unlocked for editing. Just don't post; it's not difficult.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Korejora »

You all awoke this morning to find that that crazy fellow who eats all the cat food and wanders around the town at unsaintly hours of the night looking at the dirt was being less than compliant with your 'everyone in the town square at dawn' rule. Aha! Suspicious behaviour! You marched over to his house, ready to break in and serve some cold justice.

Sadly, cold murder being one step ahead of cold justice, you found him in his home, lying in a heap over a puddle of blood. Not satisfied of his innonence, you did the right thing - completely ransacked his home looking for clues. Re-ransacked, actually, as it had clearly been torn apart recently.

Surprisingly, there were a number of alarming clues, all pointing to the Mafia... and their activities here in the town. It looked like the nutter was not, in fact, taking orders from them, but following their moves and trying to predict the next one they'd make. Whether they outfoxed him or he just happened to run afoul of the wolves, however, he was long dead now, and all his findings had been tossed in the hearth to burn.

With all the excitement, you barely even noticed that someone else gone missing. There wasn't much to see at his place, though. Just another innocent casualty. You were running out of warm bodies fast.

Scott Brosius
, a
tracker
, was killed.

Tazaro
, a
townie
, was killed.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Chronopie »

7 alive. all casualties have been townies.

3 : 2:2

I'm fast becoming an endangered species.

Massclaiming time?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by XScorpion »

7? Learn to count. There are two werewolves, two mafia and two townspeople left.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Derp. I counted myself twice >_<
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Equinox »

I apologize, but I'm having issues with access at the moment. Posting will be limited.

Good news: With the ratio at 2:4, I am now much more likely to hit scum than to hit town.

Bad news: I have town reads on too many people, and the fact that I'm not dead yet despite posting the IGMEOYs makes me wonder if I'm having off-reads. FML.

Mass claiming isn't going to help, Chronopie. We're all going to end up claiming vanilla townie, especially with that botched doctor claim (*grr*). You're probably scum, anyhow, so... yeah, definitely a "no."

I'm going to go reread and pick my scum target of the day.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Equinox wrote:Mass claiming isn't going to help, Chronopie. We're all going to end up claiming vanilla townie, especially with that botched doctor claim (*grr*). You're probably scum, anyhow, so... yeah, definitely a "no."
Just because there's a 2/3 chance of any player being scum.
Equinox wrote:I'm going to go reread and pick my scum target of the day.
uhhh... Look for four. Or at the very least, a pair.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 am

Post by ODDin »

equinox, I think you're not dead yet because you're scum yourself. I had good reasons to be suspicious of you yesterday, they didn't go anywhere.
chronopie is also a very likely scum candidate.
Other than that, I'm not really sure.
Mr Sandman pinged my scumdar on D1 but I didn't continue pinging it on D2.
I didn't really likely scorp's case on eas on D1 and thought it was forced, but on the other hand, the fact that he continued pushing it for some time even though it wasn't really popular speaks slightly in his favour.
Hindu read neutral pretty much all along to me. Nothing extremely pro-town, but nothing I found really scummy either.

As for the massclaim, I'm not really sure. There are pros and cons, but I wouldn't discard it outright as completely useless.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Equinox »

Funny you call XScorpion's case "not really popular." The only reason drmyshottyizsik got lynched instead of me was I hammered, and Scott Brosius didn't.

You're doing a lot of fence-sitting there, ODDin. What happened to the town player you were on Day 1? What happened to all the defending you did on Day 2? Can't find a stance to safely take now, eh, scum?
ODDin wrote:Mr Sandman pinged my scumdar on D1 but
I
didn't continue pinging it on D2.
Oh, I'm sure you can ping your own scumdar. Nice morning slip there.

You know what? I don't know who the town player is, but it sure ain't ODDin. I'm sure now after reading 563. Let's get this moving, guys. Town, other scum, pile on.

VOTE: ODDin
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:47 am

Post by ODDin »

equinox wrote:Funny you call XScorpion's case "not really popular." The only reason drmyshottyizsik got lynched instead of me was I hammered, and Scott Brosius didn't.
I think you misunderstood. I was talking about scorp's case on eas which he was pushing on D1. On D1 scorp had pushed pretty hard against eas on the whole "voices in his head" thing and stuff around it. On the one hand, I don't like that case much and think it was forced. On the other hand, he kept pushing for it although it wasn't really popular, which gives him some town-points. I'm not talking about D2.
equinox wrote:You're doing a lot of fence-sitting there, ODDin. What happened to the town player you were on Day 1? What happened to all the defending you did on Day 2? Can't find a stance to safely take now, eh, scum?
Oh, I'd be more than happy to lynch you. I just don't want to vote because lynching a townie today may well mean we've lost. And although I seriously suspect you're scum, I'm not 100% sure you're not the second townie, and so I prefer to be careful and wait with my vote.

Equinox wrote:
ODDin wrote:Mr Sandman pinged my scumdar on D1 but
I
didn't continue pinging it on D2.
Oh, I'm sure you can ping your own scumdar. Nice morning slip there.
Slips only mean anything if there's something about them suggesting I'm scum. I don't see what about me writing "I" instead of "he" suggests I'm scum. If you really care, I wrote that because at first I intended to write something along the lines of "but I didn't continue feeling he's scum on D2", but then realised that sentence was a trainwreck and didn't really express what I was trying to say, and rewrote it as "but he didn't continue etc", but forgot to change "I" into "he".

I think you're seriously forcing a case on me here. I wonder why. Perhaps because chrono is your scumpartner and so you can't vote him, so you're forced to fabricate a case on somebody else?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Equinox »

ODDin wrote:Oh, I'd be more than happy to lynch you. I just don't want to vote because lynching a townie today may well mean we've lost. And although I seriously suspect you're scum, I'm not 100% sure you're not the second townie, and so I prefer to be careful and wait with my vote.
I wasn't talking about your lack of a vote. I was talking about your stances. I felt you were a solid town player on Day 1 because you took stances and stood by them. You reversed it on Day 2 when you were less scum hunting and more town defending, which... isn't scum hunting. On Day 3, you just sit on the fence. Most excellent.
ODDin wrote:I think you're seriously forcing a case on me here. I wonder why. Perhaps because chrono is your scumpartner and so you can't vote him, so you're forced to fabricate a case on somebody else?
Am I forcing it? Eh, not really. Day 1 versus Day 2 behavior was already strange, but you changed gears again on Day 3. Quite odd. Not very townish.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Equinox »

Chronopie wrote:
Equinox wrote:Mass claiming isn't going to help, Chronopie. We're all going to end up claiming vanilla townie, especially with that botched doctor claim (*grr*). You're probably scum, anyhow, so... yeah, definitely a "no."
Just because there's a 2/3 chance of any player being scum.
Wait a sec.

How is it 2/3? It's actually 4/5.

NOW I CAN'T CHOOSE. CHRONOPIE OR ODDIN?

BRB. Playing with dice.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:12 am

Post by ODDin »

Equinox wrote:I wasn't talking about your lack of a vote. I was talking about your stances. I felt you were a solid town player on Day 1 because you took stances and stood by them. You reversed it on Day 2 when you were less scum hunting and more town defending, which... isn't scum hunting. On Day 3, you just sit on the fence. Most excellent.
I haven't really got any questions in mind that can help me gain more info at the moment. To learn more and gain more insight I'd need to reread the game, which I will but I haven't got the time to sit down and do that just right now. So in the meanwhile, I summarised my opinions on everyone in the game. Not entirely sure what you expected me to do.

As for D2, I don't know, I just played how I played. I read the game and expressed my stances on everything I felt I had a good stance on. I do remember accusing scott and karma (now yourself) on D2.
Actually, now that I think about it, Mr Sandman was using some appeal to authority along with scott on D2, so he did ping my scumdar on D2, although it's not a really big ping.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:19 am

Post by XScorpion »

One of ODDin or Sandman is the other town.
Rest are scum.
Vote: Equinox

You should have died yesterday, but dr had to make a horrible fake-claim. Disappointing.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 am

Post by ODDin »

Scorpion: Why do you think hindu is scum?

Equinox:
Here's why I think you're fabricating a case against me rather than truthfully believing what you're saying:
1) What I said about scorp's case on eas on D1 was very clear. I clearly mentioned I was talking about D1 and about the case on eas (now hindu). It doesn't seem to me like you truthfully thought I was talking about scorp's behaviour on D2. To do that you'd need to ignore most of my original sentence.
2) You accused me of making a "slip", but you didn't explain what was actually scummy about it, and you didn't explain it after I answered you on the issue, you just ignored it. If you thought it was important enough to mention, you should back it up.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am

Post by XScorpion »

Scorpion: Why do you think hindu is scum?
Nothing major about hindu stood out, but I still stand by what I said about easjo.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Equinox »

ODDin: See, this is what I'm confused about. You were pro-town on Day 1, then you went on defensive mode for a couple of people on Day 2, and now you're back on pro-town mode on Day 3. Sorry for not having specifics; I was working with what I remembered from your play. I'll go do a PBPA.

As for the slip, is there something obviously scummy I can point out? No, not really. But the wording is
odd
. Why would you ping your scumdar when someone acts scummy? It could be as you say, that you were screwing around while editing and forgot, but that excuse is so ridiculously easy to use. It reminds me of one time when someone said, "Maybe the doctor thought that I would..." and used the very explanation you gave me. He flipped scum. YAY FOR ANECDOTAL STUFF.

While I do that PBPA thing, here, have some obvscum.

Unvote, Vote: Chronopie

Remember this when I get quick-lynched, other town player. If the other two scum teams don't gun for you, that is.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Equinox »

For the record:

Chronopie and Mr.Sandman are most likely scum.
Hinduragi and ODDin are probably scum.
XScorpion is probably town.

I have come to this conclusion based on game play and some process of elimination. So, anyone I have pegged as at least probscum, I'm willing to lynch. I've promised to look over ODDin and explain why he's probscum. After that, I'll go through Mr.Sandman to explain why he's scum. Everyone else... by request or whenever I get around to it.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

Are those the teams? Can you explain why they are paired that way?
I'm very curious to see your reasoning on why ODDin and Sandman are scum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”