Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Claus »

At the last possible moment, you get around and lynch Cojin!

... but he was just a
Townie!

All players with night actions have until Tuesday, May 21st, to send me their choices.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Claus »

Attention All Passengers

I regretfully inform all of you that there was a MOD error in your game.

Porkens, was thrown out of the plane during night 1 while still alive. He was not supposed to have died.

To balance out the disadvantage that this mistake put on the town, I have decided to remove the Scum kill for tonight. So no one died night 2.

If you disagree with my decision, feel free to PM me about it. I'm more than open to hear your opinions. If you feel that the game can't continue as well, I'm open to discuss it through PMs. I would really appreciate if discussion in this thread would limit itself to Mafia talk.

Really sorry about all that.

Anyway, with 6 people alive, it is 4 to lynch.
Deadline is June 10, 0:01 GMT.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well stuff happens I guess. I don't see the point in ending the game as it's a newbie game. The whole point is to gain experience, ending it early would ruin the whole point. But to get back to mafia stuff...

I was kinda hoping to get to have an easy win today but this new evidence suggests this won't happen. So I guess we have to go back to real scum hunting... Not my strongest suit...

I still like my
Vote: Archaist

Oh and @ Plat: Do you find it as funny as I do that in 700 I argued what I believed in favor of a scum and in this game I ignored what I believed to lynch a townie? I just have to laugh at that and cry at the same time...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:58 am

Post by MordyS »

Korlash, remind me again why you're voting for Archaist? (I'm not challenging you, I just don't remember the particulars of the argument...)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Korlash »

Don't think I ever gave any particulars... Although I'll check...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Archaist »

Well, I think we can believe MordyS's doctor claim now, given his post #489 and the recent information about the Mod error.

Korlash, I'm not liking your voting as of recent. On your post #495 you vote me seemingly just to ask if I'm scum. Voting someone in the same post that you ask them a question, without waiting for their response, does not seem town to me. Furthermore, what did you actually expect the answer to that question to be? You then un-vote me only to hammer Cojin, then promptly re-vote me while admitting you never gave any particulars or any case.
Unvote, Vote: Korlash
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Korlash »

So you're not liking that I voted you and prevented a mislynch... Makes sense.

Asking someone a question the same post you voted them is hardly proof or even evidence of being not town when it's the first vote. If we're talking L-1 and higher level wagon votes sure. But the first vote on a wagon is hardly likely to lynch the guy before the question in question gets answered.
Arch wrote:Well, I think we can believe MordyS's doctor claim now, given his post #489 and the recent information about the Mod error.
Then you're focusing on one possibility of a stuation and ignoring the other, and you claim my actions don't seem town. We can assume the mod error was overloking doc protection, or we can assume the mod simply killed the wrong guy. Hypothetically the scum might have targeted Phelan, and the mod error was to mistakenly kill Porkens.

Now that aside, yeah. When I weigh the possibilities it is more likely Mordy is the doc. But to just say it was because of the mod error without discussing and thinking about all possibilities is a bad move for any player.
Archaist wrote:Furthermore, what did you actually expect the answer to that question to be?
It was as rhetorical a question as this one is and thus no real answer was expected.
Archaist wrote:Korlash, I'm not liking your voting as of recent. On your post #495 you vote me seemingly just to ask if I'm scum. Voting someone in the same post that you ask them a question, without waiting for their response, does not seem town to me. Furthermore, what did you actually expect the answer to that question to be? You then un-vote me only to hammer Cojin, then promptly re-vote me while admitting you never gave any particulars or any case.
So is your case on me vote hoping or simply voting you without a reason? I need to know what to defend against don't I?

Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

So, if we mislynch, we lose, right? If that's the case, I don't think anyone should tunnel-vision anyone right off the bat (not that there is time for tunnel-visioning). I made that mistake in NG 700. Depending on how the day goes, we can have the cop (if there is one) claim, no lynch, or other things that aren't coming to mind right now. The cop should claim if he has a guilty (don't claim yet otherwise). I think the cop is guaranteed to have at least 1 clear, which is nice too.
Korlash wrote:I was kinda hoping to get to have an easy win today but this new evidence suggests this won't happen.
What did you mean by this?
Korlash wrote:In preperations for tomorrow I'd suggest we take another look at Plat just for his "I want to reread before I vote" and then imediate "Oh, doesn't look like I have time!" When he noticed he wouldn't be able to reread he should have voted. The "Oh I want to reread" is a common ploy used bypeople who want to stall in an attempt to run out the clock. What I draw from this is that he doesn't want to be on the wagon but he wants us to think he did. So either he's useless town or conflicted scum either one makes him a prime suspect tomorrow.
What happened with this?

I'm still not happy with Korlash's hammer (because you didn't bring up Cojin much), but I do realize it needed to be done. I'm also getting the feeling that the Archaist and Korlash conflict is townie against scum.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Phelan »

First, reply to Mordy:
MordyS wrote:I also have a question for Phelan. You've been probing about a few players (in particular me, Cojin, Platypus) but, as I remember it, fairly quiet on some others. I notice you ask some incisive questions (even if I disagree with a few of them). What do you think about Korlash, delathi and Archaist? Archaist has posted almost as little as Platypus today. Do you find anything suspicious about any of those three? Or are they above your suspicions at the moment?
I don't think any of them are above my suspicions, however at that moment I found them less suspicious than Cojin, Platypus and you.

I also didn't want to post a list of people I found less suspicious so close to a deadline. I don't think it's a good idea.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Phelan »

Platypus_Dude wrote:So, if we mislynch, we lose, right? If that's the case, I don't think anyone should tunnel-vision anyone right off the bat (not that there is time for tunnel-visioning). I made that mistake in NG 700. Depending on how the day goes, we can have the cop (if there is one) claim, no lynch, or other things that aren't coming to mind right now. The cop should claim if he has a guilty (don't claim yet otherwise). I think the cop is guaranteed to have at least 1 clear, which is nice too.
I wouldn't say guaranteed. He could have been roleblocked two nights in a row, although it's very improbable that that would have happened.
Platypus_Dude wrote:I'm still not happy with Korlash's hammer (because you didn't bring up Cojin much), but I do realize it needed to be done. I'm also getting the feeling that the Archaist and Korlash conflict is townie against scum.
Any reason for that feeling?
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Phelan »

I also think Mordy is the Doc.
When he posted his 489, no one had said they weren't the doctor, so adding something that seems implausible like that wouldn't be something scum would do, I think. The way he mentioned the mod also makes sense.

The other possibilities Korlash mentioned could have happened, but it seems strange for scum to mention something like that if they weren't sure the mod would confirm it.

Korlash, I find you going after Archaist without mentioning any particular reason is suspicious. Why did you vote for him yesterday? Why are you voting him today?
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Phelan »

By the way, Platypus, if you were here rereading on the last few hours of Day 2, why didn't you post to say you were?
I agree with what Korlash said Yesterday: It looks as if you were waiting for someone else to hammer.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Phelan »

delathi wrote:I am still not certain about MordyS's claim.

However, assuming MordyS is telling the truth, Cojin moves to my #1 suspect based on three different player's individually and separately suspect actions.

Primarily, the thing keeping him from being the #1 suspect is the fact that my other #1 suspect is attacking him so vehemently.

A no lynch is bad also, and we are moving towards it rapidly.

Unvote
Vote : Cojin
What actions were those?
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Phelan wrote:Any reason for that feeling?
Not really. It's just the feeling I'm getting.

[quote="By the way, Platypus, if you were here rereading on the last few hours of Day 2, why didn't you post to say you were?[/quote]
I really didn't expect him to be hammered. Korlash had seemed content with his Archaist vote, and I didn't think Archaist would pop in, nevermind vote.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

EBWOP:
Phelan wrote:By the way, Platypus, if you were here rereading on the last few hours of Day 2, why didn't you post to say you were?
I really didn't expect him to be hammered. Korlash had seemed content with his Archaist vote, and I didn't think Archaist would pop in, nevermind vote.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by Korlash »

Platy wrote:So, if we mislynch, we lose, right? If that's the case, I don't think anyone should tunnel-vision anyone right off the bat (not that there is time for tunnel-visioning). I made that mistake in NG 700. Depending on how the day goes, we can have the cop (if there is one) claim, no lynch, or other things that aren't coming to mind right now. The cop should claim if he has a guilty (don't claim yet otherwise). I think the cop is guaranteed to have at least 1 clear, which is nice too.
Kind of early to be worried about tunnel vision. It takes weeks to effectively tunnel on somone, at least days in a situation like this. It's kinda of an oxymoron to tunnel someone right off the bat.

The cop should also claim if he has two innocents. That gives us three confirmed town right there. In the situation where Mordy is not one of the two we could potentially have 4 meaning the scum are caught. This is the situation I was hoping for today and why i was sad there was no night kill. One less player makes it so much easier to catch scum using his method. of course if the cop doesn't have any useful investigations then it is moot anyways.
platy wrote:What did you mean by this?
See above...
platy wrote:What happened with this?
Apparently nothing yet. Do you have somewhere to be? Patience is a big word and all that crap you know. :P
Plat wrote:I'm still not happy with Korlash's hammer (because you didn't bring up Cojin much), but I do realize it needed to be done. I'm also getting the feeling that the Archaist and Korlash conflict is townie against scum.
If you realize it needed to be done then I have nothing more to say on the matter. I didn't have reason to think Cojin scum enough to lynch at the time and never claimed I did. I hammed him for the greater good (Chorus: Greater good) and not because I felt him overly scummy.

Also, as I didn't replace into this game I'm the obvious townie here :P
Phelan wrote:The other possibilities Korlash mentioned could have happened, but it seems strange for scum to mention something like that if they weren't sure the mod would confirm it.
In the interest of sharing my skills to better you younglings it makes perfect sense if we assume Mordy is smart enough to think of it. In the event the scum didn;t kill Porkens but someone else, seeing him dead would have raised questions to the mod. The mod might have declaired his mistake to them then and there and tell them something about informing the town later or eventell them about what reprocussions they would take for it. This could have spurred the idea to claim doc and come up with that story so that when the mod said it was a mistake it looked favorably on Mordy.

However, all that aside I feel no good mod would inform scum of a mistake without simultaniously informing the town. Thusly, due to the time it took to inform us of his mistake either he noticed it but waited until night to tell us so the scum were not aware their kill was gone until the night or he only discovered it recently and thusly the scum didn't point it out early.

Either way it does make it unlikely Mordy is scum fakeclaiming what he did with the knowledge of the mod confirming it.

I would also point out that if we continue to assume Mordy is intellegent enough to logically decude the fact that he, if scum, would know that the setup is down to a 50/50 shot. If the scum has no roleblocker, then his claim of doc has a 50% shot of not being counterclaimed and thusly makeing him safe. However, that would mean there is a cop in the setup so it's perfectly reasonable to fakeclaim being RBed. Doing it at the time he did adds the wifom "Why would scum fakeclaim that" and of course it would almost force the cop to believe him. The town would opporate under a false conclusion of the set-up and thusly could potentially make a huge mistake.

Now I'm not saying Mordy isn't smart enough to come up with this, I'm just saying it's hard to find examples of newbies implementing strategies like this. I'm far more willing to believe him as the doc and just take the loss if I'm wrong. But I'm lazy that way...
Phelan wrote:Korlash, I find you going after Archaist without mentioning any particular reason is suspicious. Why did you vote for him yesterday? Why are you voting him today?
Yesterday it was purley a POE and... dare I say it... gut vote. Today it is based on a reason along with the POE from yesteday. I'd tell you the reason but ironically doing so cancels it out. i'm not asking you to accept my vote on faith, far from it actually. The harder you attack me for this the more opportunities I get to build on it. Plus in this endgame situation I could do with a bit of attacking. I do however have a reason for not giving reasons... today at least.
Plat wrote:I really didn't expect him to be hammered. Korlash had seemed content with his Archaist vote, and I didn't think Archaist would pop in, nevermind vote.
I seemed content with my lack of reasonings and stupid questions? And it was Delathi that poped in, not Arch.

delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 2:54 am

Post by delathi »

Platypus_Dude wrote:EBWOP:
Phelan wrote:By the way, Platypus, if you were here rereading on the last few hours of Day 2, why didn't you post to say you were?
You were happy with a no lynch?
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Korlash wrote:Kind of early to be worried about tunnel vision. It takes weeks to effectively tunnel on somone, at least days in a situation like this. It's kinda of an oxymoron to tunnel someone right off the bat.
In NG 700 (yes, it's being brought up again), I think I tunnelvisioned Exalt without much of a second thought right from the beginning.
Korlash wrote:Apparently nothing yet. Do you have somewhere to be? Patience is a big word and all that crap you know.
You started off with 'In preparations for tomorrow...' so I figured you'd look at me right off the bat. I guess I was wrong. o_O
Korlash wrote:I seemed content with my lack of reasonings and stupid questions? And it was Delathi that poped in, not Arch.
I'm not sure if I misread you comment or you misread my answer. You and Archaist were the only people that weren't voting Cojin at the time besides me. I didn't think either of you were going to hammer him.
delathi wrote:You were happy with a no lynch?
I meant that Korlash or Archaist hammering caught me off guard.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Korlash »

Platy wrote:In NG 700 (yes, it's being brought up again), I think I tunnelvisioned Exalt without much of a second thought right from the beginning.
You two voted each other right? It wasn't tunnel vision, it was rash action. If you hadn't have voted like you did it probably would have been alright. Granted if you feel you ignored everyone else and focused only on Exalt then you can call it what you want I guess.
Platy wrote:You started off with 'In preparations for tomorrow...' so I figured you'd look at me right off the bat. I guess I was wrong. o_O
There you go again with talking about bats... what's next, balls? Bases? B...words? I started my thing with Arch before I said what I did about you so it only makes sense to return to that "right off the bat"...
Platy wrote:I'm not sure if I misread you comment or you misread my answer. You and Archaist were the only people that weren't voting Cojin at the time besides me. I didn't think either of you were going to hammer him.
That answers the Arch thing but can you respond to the content thing? thanks...

Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Oh, I thought that you were going to stick with your Archaist vote.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

EBWOP:
Korlash wrote:You two voted each other right? It wasn't tunnel vision, it was rash action. If you hadn't have voted like you did it probably would have been alright. Granted if you feel you ignored everyone else and focused only on Exalt then you can call it what you want I guess.
I FoSed him in my first post of lylo. He later voted me, and I voted back because I was basically tunnel-visioned on him. =/
Korlash wrote:There you go again with talking about bats... what's next, balls? Bases? B...words? I started my thing with Arch before I said what I did about you so it only makes sense to return to that "right off the bat"...
What can I say, you're my inspiration. :P
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:06 am

Post by MordyS »

The situation I currently find myself in is probably why it's essential to attack people for not posting enough (despite how some people here have protested this strategy earlier on). I feel like there are two-three people I don't have nearly a good enough read on. If it turned out that Archaist and Platypus were the scum pair, they will have essentially remained under the radar the entire game, escaping any serious pressure by simply not showing up. So I'm not sure what to do but try to force Archaist to try to show up - albeit a bit late in the game.

[bold]Vote: Archaist[/bold]

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:06 am

Post by MordyS »

Vote: Archaist

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Claus »

Vote Count

Archaist 2 - Korlash, MordyS
Korlash 1 - Archaist

Not Voting:
Platypus_Dude, delathi, Phelan

With 6 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Korlash »

Somebody gets me... o.o *look of awe*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”