Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Enchant »

redacted
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:06 am

Post by McMenno »

u probably are
mafiascum is on life support
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:41 am

Post by imaginality »

Summon the Phoenix's "these messages prove our slot conftown" seemed a bit too strident, but looks like they'll get away with it.

Although perhaps if Kitty also got the messages KT and Prince might realise NM is very unlikely to have visited both of them on one night, therefore the messages aren't likely from scum?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:05 am

Post by McMenno »

why is no one calling her out on the fact that her slot could have sent those messages to then make the argument that they would "conftown" the slot, not even involving dead players at all
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

why in gods name is no-one realising that the "two different scum messages" scenario would mean two scum are alive and that therefore the game should be over.

literally the only people here capable of communicating to coordinate a message like this are the dead.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm glad I'm dead cause I'd probably think 'this is some dumb wolf power' and tunnel on NM and lose for town
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:43 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 532, Quiet Owl wrote: why in gods name is no-one realising that the "two different scum messages" scenario would mean two scum are alive and that therefore the game should be over.

literally the only people here capable of communicating to coordinate a message like this are the dead.
I mean, could also be a Double Word Vendor or something. Thou hopefully KT should see it can't be, since he (should have?) received a single message with two words
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 520, McMenno wrote:I still don't think there's an SK
Well,
someone
vanillaized me and it wasn't my teammate.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:47 pm

Post by Enchant »

REDACTED
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard-Mercenary

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by McMenno »

did KT really miss the damn message
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 536, Enchant wrote:Town incapable of winning when names of mafia sended to them.

That's dedication.
As frustrating as this is to watch, I can't really blame them; dead town playing lovers mafia with betrayed mafia revealing scumteam & sending messages is not something I would've thought of either.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:15 pm

Post by McMenno »

I would've, I'm smart like that
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 536, Enchant wrote:
In post 532, Quiet Owl wrote: why in gods name is no-one realising that the "two different scum messages" scenario would mean two scum are alive and that therefore the game should be over.

Town incapable of winning when names of mafia sended to them.

That's dedication.
It's funny because laughing is better than crying.
In post 538, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 536, Enchant wrote:Town incapable of winning when names of mafia sended to them.

That's dedication.
As frustrating as this is to watch, I can't really blame them; dead town playing lovers mafia with betrayed mafia revealing scumteam & sending messages is not something I would've thought of either.
That's really compassionate considering Town can also vote correctly by ignoring any strange messages and reading the game they signed up to play. You can say "oh but you're biased, it's easy to see because you're in the dead PT" and I can reply

Subject: i designed this setup in 2019 [day 5]
In post 1140, Frogsterking wrote: I'll break my silence to say I am a TPR with big swing for Town and if a rolestopper is available then I request they visit me tonight because it is important that I get my shots off at night. I feel okay soft claiming because:

1) it's immediately obvious that I am a TPR due to how I am approaching the game, especially to scum, therefore
2) scum may opt to roleblock me if available, in order to waste more of town's time tinfoiling my slot
3) I have finally identified a solid N1 target for my ability, and a roleblocker may not have realized that I require their assistance
4) While I was away I created a new list of D1 candidates for D1 lim (who I am suggesting because my impression is that guidance is required on slots who actually make sense to vote D1:)

Furtive/kittens/George/Enchant

George, furtive, and kittens are all scummy based on simple tells which are easy to spot, while my read on Enchant is both based and based on similarity to their scumgame in TfT. Quiet Owl and MathBlade I swapped out because they are generating more associative tells with other players, commenting on a wider variety of things and in my experience I don't think they are as likely to flip scum as Enchant or George are.

I'm still intending to ghost the thread until Friday night, and after that, I may ghost the thread again for a couple days. Unless anything important happens then I'll mainly just be posting a reads list and maybe my meta case on Gamma. I'm somewhat apathetic who gets voted out as long as it's one of those four. I'd rather other people discuss and choose so the discussion can be read D2. Opportunity to policy lim Mathblade revoked, and I'm switching my vote to furtive because I have a slight preference for that slot over the others:

VOTE: furtiveglance
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

New International Version Luke 16:31
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

:o :o :o
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by Gimli »

I started d2 with the idea of sheeping everything frogster was suggesting in the thread. then I kinda zoned out of that, but then I re-read early pages and saw him catching KA, which I think was fundamental to get that elimination going.

furtive completely escaped my radar this game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 542, Gimli wrote: I started d2 with the idea of sheeping everything frogster was suggesting in the thread. then I kinda zoned out of that, but then I re-read early pages and saw him catching KA, which I think was fundamental to get that elimination going.

I read that part of the game where KittenAround got ran up and it made me happy to see that. I think what you did was good play to do your own thing while rereading the early pages. Why do you think that furtiveglance slipped through the cracks for you?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:53 am

Post by Ranger »

If I had to guess, my push on furtive when I defended kitten around likely made all who suspected me, not look at furtive. (This was by design, of course.)
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:55 am

Post by Enchant »

REDACTED
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard-Mercenary

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 543, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 542, Gimli wrote: I started d2 with the idea of sheeping everything frogster was suggesting in the thread. then I kinda zoned out of that, but then I re-read early pages and saw him catching KA, which I think was fundamental to get that elimination going.

I read that part of the game where KittenAround got ran up and it made me happy to see that. I think what you did was good play to do your own thing while rereading the early pages. Why do you think that furtiveglance slipped through the cracks for you?
mostly I just thought gamma was towny. and I would never believe that 'you hate me so much?' post and then replacing out and everyone going 'frog was so mean to gamma she left' was a thing a wolf would do haha. so, sucks to read into replace outs. I think furtive sided with me all game? so I just thought he was a towny helping out. didn't really considered him as a possibility.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Subject: i designed this setup in 2019 [day 5]
In post 3102, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3093, KittyTacky wrote: I just don't want to vote NM until EOD because it's equivalent to ending the day right then and there and I want discussion.
Because while I understand this, you need to understand that

1) The day isn't going to end. The discussion will be had, all this will do is prove Prince and I are both town.

2) Voting earlier is what PROVIDES that discussion, because right now Prince is doing a handstand and a cartwheel over that nonsense message he received. He literally hasn't spent even a half glance today on either you or NM. It's crucial that we get to force and prove to him and the game what the status of the game is.

Essentially, if you trust me as town here, and you trust Princee as town here, you should vote NM.
This is impressionistic language https://dictionary.apa.org/impressionism-factor

Worthless drivel which looks really meaningful as long as you don't actually read it.

It does really take something like a slap in the face to get our brains to stop following this useless shit. I was falling for it with Ranger D1 and George tried to help and I didn't listen, so screw me too I guess.
In post 546, Gimli wrote:
In post 543, Frogsterking wrote:

mostly I just thought gamma was towny. and I would never believe that 'you hate me so much?' post and then replacing out and everyone going 'frog was so mean to gamma she left' was a thing a wolf would do haha. so, sucks to read into replace outs. I think furtive sided with me all game? so I just thought he was a towny helping out. didn't really considered him as a possibility.
In post 544, Ranger wrote: If I had to guess, my push on furtive when I defended kitten around likely made all who suspected me, not look at furtive. (This was by design, of course.)
Quiet + "helping out" + good support is a lethal combination for slipping through the cracks. I guess that's pretty understandable.

FWIW during D1 I thought furtiveglance was displaying fear of posting in the thread:
In post 752, furtiveglance wrote: I was ill over the last 2 days

I have some SHOCKING conclusions about the game (not clickbait) and I've quoted the posts which made me think (pensive) about the game in this way.
Mason claim real
Frogsterking scum
Tris scum
McMenno scum
Gamma Emerald town (already thought that)
Quiet Owl town
Ranger town

Spoiler:
In post 424, Titus wrote:Furtive might be scum hiding behind StD.
This is why I don't usually follow people's votes (and why I explained that this game needs more co-operation than usual), because some players inherently scumread it.
In post 455, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 450, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 446, Titus wrote:Define lazily. I'm going to push you because you're straight up wrong. I'm going to figure out your issue StD and set you correctly.
tf are you saying here
This is really forced distancing. There is no reason to believe there is any existing tension between Gamma and Titus.
This read seems too wild to be town. Even for Frogsterking, yes I have played with them before, do not mistake this for a meta neutral stretch. They're just leaning into the character they've created and are having a lot of fun with it.
In post 478, McMenno wrote:that's pretty bad
In post 355, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 348, Frogsterking wrote:
@all
Also: I hate every single one of you for townreading Gamma for absolutely shit reasons, and you all deserve to lose (and probably will) for not backing me up.
im townreading gamma now this is epic
In post 479, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 478, McMenno wrote:im townreading gamma now this is epic
McMenno moved to town lean for me based on pre flip associations with Gamma.
I've seen a lot of scum players play like McMenno is - really sarky and projecting a casual vibe, basing reads off memes etc. This was making me question Frogsterking scum but I can see this as scum/scum quite easily after thinking about it.

Spoiler:
In post 481, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 480, Elements wrote:VOTE: imaginify
I’d rather you vote me.
Seems on meta for town Gamma, and just town for anyone.
In post 520, McMenno wrote:well I'm loving the confidence at least
Smug scum
In post 565, Titus wrote:
In post 564, Ranger wrote:
In post 560, Titus wrote:Ranger, I can't believe town!you doesn't get what I am throwing down.
If , then , since .

It'd be impossible to have missed.

Quite simply, there's no role you could claim which I'd believe. Which is also why I've no qualms outing this. I won't accept any roleclaim of imaginality being conftown here, least of all from you.

If imaginality is town by play then he can be town, but by role he most
certainly
is not.
I claim it. Outing it wasn't best. You, if town, could have said I don't believe you.

I don't think town!you ever doubts that. I don't ever lock myself into a fake claim day 1 unprompted.
I don't see Ranger scum Titus town here because it's such a dumb hill to die on as scum. Compare with Frogster reaction, initial hesitancy but commits to voting Titus later after Ranger blunders into a Titus vote.
In post 585, Ranger wrote:
In post 582, Titus wrote:Imaginality is town.
Yes, I get you believe that.

But you're not a mason, so it's not
actually
true.

I'm not letting a fakeclaim save scum from being eliminated.

I know what you
want
to do with the mason claim. It'd work if imaginality were town. But he
isn't
, so it won't.
Wrongtown
In post 599, Frogsterking wrote:
@all
I have three slots that need to be seriously considered as candidates for the D1 lim: Ythan, furtive and George.

VOTE: furtive

I'm switching my vote from George to furtive in order to (hopefully) consolidate with tris, who I want for the town core. I want to rewind things back to this moment:

Spoiler:
In post 72, tris wrote:btw, i voted for furtiveglance because they said they wanted real time interaction and then disappeared.
In post 150, tris wrote:
---

is no one interested in voting furtive wif me?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
@Quiet Owl
if you're looking for a scum who wagoned imaginality, can I suggest you take a serious look at furtiveglance?
In post 596, Quiet Owl wrote:4 players voting for Frogsterking (McMenno, Ythan, KittyTacky, imaginality)
Based on what I've been taught about "wagonomics", I should be anticipating that I have 1 scum who is still vote parked on my wagon. I think these four players can be narrowed down to just McMenno and Ythan. Comparing their isos, I think Ythan's iso is significantly worse than McMenno's.

Redirecting attention onto furtive and Ythan reveals the intriguing possibility that the spoiler quotes are scum theater:

Spoiler:
In post 51, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 49, Ythan wrote:Isn't the Hunger Games just Battle Royale?
This viewpoint is ignorant of Suzanne Collins' masterful writing
In post 334, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 333, Ythan wrote:
In post 331, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 329, Ythan wrote:That looks like a lot of words to justify a non committal vote.
It's one sentence to explain a committed vote
It's the entirety of your post. Is your response to split that hair?
My post was quite short, to explain moving my vote.

You then took issue with it.

And now we're talking about nothing.

What is your read on imaginality?
In post 338, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 336, Ythan wrote:I'm not talking about nothing I'm talking about you overjustifying a non committal vote.

Imaginality is fine so far besides mixing up Gamma and I which in isolation whatever. Want to see more.
Non-comittal? My vote is as serious as most other votes for where we are in the game.

And yeah I could have just voted but that's not really my style
In post 342, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 339, Ythan wrote:
In post 336, Ythan wrote:I'm not talking about nothing I'm talking about you overjustifying a non committal vote.

Imaginality is fine so far besides mixing up Gamma and I which in isolation whatever. Want to see more.
Non-comittal? My vote is as serious as most other votes for where we are in the game.

You put too much effort into telling us it was non committal that's the problem.
Non committal is a phrase you used which I never implied.

I implied it was based more on following a townread's vote than a scumread I have. That doesn't mean it's not committal.
In post 344, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 343, Ythan wrote:
In post 342, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 339, Ythan wrote:

You put too much effort into telling us it was non committal that's the problem.
Non committal is a phrase you used which I never implied.

I implied it was based more on following a townread's vote than a scumread I have. That doesn't mean it's not committal.
Implying it is actually what you did do, what you didn't do is say it explicitly.
I'm going to stop responding to you about this particular debate now.

by the way is another TMI tell regarding Imaginality, this time from Ythan. I think the mention of Gamma in is conspicuous.
This PSA announcing scumreads on 3 fairly low content slots (Ythan possible exception but not much substance) is brought about by Frogster being top of the VC Christmas tree. If they've done the old '1 scumbuddy in 3 scumreads' I'd say GB, but could be Ythan. Possible that neither is scum. Also doesn't fit at all with what I've seen before of town Frogster, they choose more active targets for their votes as town.
In post 617, kitten around wrote:Catching up, I very much doubt that Titus says she has a mod confirmed read on someone unless it’s true. I think it’s possible Ranger actually believes what she’s saying but I don’t understand how she can both townread Titus and still think she’s either somehow being misinformed or less than honest?

I am not going to vote a player that Titus says is mod confirmed. That’s just sounds way too specific to not be true.
This is the sensible view. I think kitten will be sorted with time as 'reasonable' slots usually are, you can judge them by their votes more than posting.
In post 632, tris wrote:
In post 629, tris wrote:
In post 612, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@tris
can I get your three strongest townreads and scumreads aorn?
gimme a moment to take stock
actually doin it now. off the top of my head

scum: furtive, ythan, quiet owl
town: imagine, titus, gamma
This is ringing very loud alarm bells - worried about seeming authentic with the 'thought process' and then just picks 3 LHF for scumreads and goes for 2 Masons and the player asking the question for town. Scum.
In post 647, Elements wrote:Kitten town
Frog prob town
VOTE: furtive
This could easily be scum, but could also be lazy town.
In post 651, Elements wrote:
In post 12, McMenno wrote:oh like I have something in my role that interferers with investigative roles so don't target me with those please
Mcmenno is probably town from this post
This is what gives me pause with Elements, I don't think McMenno and Elements are scum together from this. If anything it's McMenno scum that I'm reading at the moment.
In post 686, Enchant wrote:
In post 684, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 681, Enchant wrote:You probably don't believe me but i do have readlist!
It's not just you as town and everyone else null is it?
No!

I also have NM as Town!
And everyone else null.
I found someone doing less than me, congratulations
[/spoiler]

Spoiler:
In post 707, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 702, Titus wrote:
In post 700, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: Furtive
Why?
I think frog is town, I have no opinion of imagine but i thought i saw a mason claim but i misread that as being imagine's rather than urs

Elements seems town on this page

I don't know what ranger did besides post readlists

It's mostly a default vote. Although I had a misunderstanding about imagine so i read his ISO, i don't notice any meaningful difference between my impression of him here and in a scum!him game i played with him. But that's jut based off of having longer posts and elaborating on what he's thinking as he votes, so I don't have much of an opinion

pedit: Wait is imagineality a mason claim too? I'm fucked up
I found this vote suspect when I quoted it but now it doesn't really make sense from scum MT in a scum Frogster world.
In post 741, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 632, tris wrote:
In post 629, tris wrote:
In post 612, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@tris
can I get your three strongest townreads and scumreads aorn?
gimme a moment to take stock
actually doin it now. off the top of my head

scum: furtive, ythan, quiet owl
town: imagine, titus, gamma
am I on the same level as Titus and imaginify? If so, why?

Also
@elements
why the backtrack on kitten?
It's called a pocket attempt Gamma.
[/spoiler]

VOTE: Frogsterking
He's heavily qualifying himself by using so many words and receipts to declare his OMGUS on me. Town or smooth scum can just OMGUS in a short post and then make shitty arguments as they go. Scared scum think they need all this crap up front in order to post in the thread once they're under pressure. Furtiveglance really low activity level and then all the qualifying he did above is what made me sure he was scum who was afraid of posting in the thread, IIRC. I think he may have been easier to find if you pressured him. I should have tried pressuring Ranger D1, I think.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:05 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 3104, xyzzy wrote:
can you clarify whether you meant that to represent one vote or two? for future reference, please vote twice if you're using two votes.
booooooooo!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:02 am

Post by xyzzy »

town wins:
Cat Scratch Fever, biancospino (x2), Save The Dragons, Elements (x2), Frogsterking (x2), kitten around, McMenno, Morning Tweet, Quiet Owl

mafia wins:
Morning Tweet, Cat Scratch Fever, Elements (x2), Frogsterking, UltimateGamer

Elements won 4 of the 6 completed games, the most of anyone.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”