Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:26 am

Post by Phoebus »

Well, I definitely won't be promising anyone any online appointments.
Second time this week I've had access cut.

I've not posted anywhere in the last 48 hours. So BJ, rather than posting smilies and other inane posts, your time would've been better spent looking up if I'd posted anywhere at all on the site.

As far as yours and d_rouge's attitudes are concerned - when you have no knowledge of extgenuating circumstances, don't judge.
A lie? Like hell it was rouge. You could also have done well to go see where else I posted. Did I post in the games I am modding? Did I post in other games I'm playing?
Did I post in LA? No. Why? Because it was an unforeseen loss of access.
I don't have access anywhere other than at home. Is that not a probability?

You disgust me.
I'm almost tempted to sit back and do nothing here but I've been told to be "thick skinned" and so, I shall put up my promised post.
When? I shall not say.

If you want to lynch me on the basis of that. Go right ahead and make my day.
The gods have mercy on your sorry asses.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:35 am

Post by d_rouge »

Phoebus wrote:You disgust me.
Huh... I'd call this overreacting.
Did I vote you? No.

I'm tempted to do it now, but I'll wait your promised post.

I should put more smilies in my posts to make sure people get what I mean, how could calling LAL on that situation be interpreted as serious?
World Champions!!!
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:45 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Phoebus wrote:
As far as yours and d_rouge's attitudes are concerned - when you have no knowledge of extgenuating circumstances, don't judge.
I don't even know what
extgenuating circumstances
are....

Overreact much?

unvote, vote Lauritz
not that Phoebus is back
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:55 am

Post by Phoebus »

This IS overreacting.
So I'm feeling crappy. You can't help that. Just read the rant.

And extenuating was a typo.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Phoebus wrote: And extenuating was a typo.
:wink:

Anyway, you were going to post about Laurtiz now.... at this point, I'll hop on board either of a Lauritz, Phoebus, or SV wagon.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:47 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Phoebus wrote:*giggle*

I will definitely reply at length in 24 hours. Or sooner.
Image Image Image
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:52 pm

Post by Lauritz Melchior »

vote count
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:54 pm

Oh, think about it. There was only one kill on night one. Then three on night two. I'm the only person to have owned up to one of those kills. Also, nobody else has counter-claimed as vig.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:54 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Lauritz Melchior wrote:Oh, think about it. There was only one kill on night one. Then three on night two. I'm the only person to have owned up to one of those kills. Also, nobody else has counter-claimed as vig.
well, obviously the serial killer did not kill N1 either, so you still have an equal shot at either...

And SV is sleeping, so you are not completely off the hook.

We really need to lynch SOMEONE tho....
Lauritz Melchior
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Lauritz Melchior
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:29 am

And that someone should be Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:45 am

Post by Phoebus »

This post will contain thoughts since my last contributing post:

It is interesting to notice that Lauritz is stuck on his tune of me being evil, much like I was calling him an SK for a while.
Why is he stuck? I suspect it's more just OMGUS than anything else.
He has not put up anything substantial as far as my "evilness" goes. Nor has he convinced himself I'm SK. He keeps vaccilating between calling me evil, scum, mafia, SK etc. Going OMGUS at this time with a LOT of pro town roles dead is ridiculous.

d_rouge has rightly picked up on my early post about my children being involved here. With him claiming the vote control, he would know what the power of Ares is and he would also know that along with my cow comments and the mention of my child, I cannot be anyone other than Hera.

Why was I so convinced Lauritz was SK?
It's because of the sudden kill.
It's not rocket science to play a conservative SK. Kill only periodically and claim vig.
Especially in a theme game where the kill methods need not point to necessary evil. More so where the characters have never quite been delineated into good and bad. Most people would agree that most of the greek gods were grey characters. Some had their inclinations towards evil and violence but there was a reason they were revered. They could do good as well.

As the facts (as far as myths go) stand, Poseidon was one of those more inclined to jealousy.
He wasn't happy at his share of the world when the brothers divided up the realms. He had a tussle with Athena over Athens. When the Trojans were ungrateful to him for having built their walls, it was he who shared the secret of the Palladium as being the strength of the walls. He had a cute pet he harrassed Cassieopeia of Ethiopia with, after she claimed Andromeda was more beautiful than the Nereids.
Ergo, it's not rocket science again to look at Poseidon as a possible evil role in this game.

Know you. I'm not disputing Lauritz's role name as such. When I first saw the death and him claiming Poseidon, I was going to push for a drowning death style to try and trap him. He circumvented that by claiming the use of his trident - which is only logical and also, the source of the three stab wounds.

With it not being rocket science (I hope it's clear why, now) that Don could be evil, I tacked on to lauritz as being an SK lying low.
Things against him included the wording of his role claim.
He claimed even night SK.
Unless PBug is playing with us, which is possible and I wouldn't dare directly outguessing the mod, I'll put into use my own experience as mods and as a reviewer for others.
Whenever anyone puts in an 'even night' anything, you can bet good money there is an 'odd night' something.
It's the principles of symmetry and most mods will look at a balanced game as one being symmetrical. Take it from someone who has done so previously to the point of being predictable.
However, when mods are tired of being predictable as a result of symmetry, they will usually skew cop/doc inclusions but almost never (in fact, if such is the situation here, it's the first time I've come across it) mention a particular night trigger action without including a mirror.
With the town being an uninformed minority, unless scum is VERY weak, where they could use the possible mirror claim as a safe claim because the mirror actually doesn't exist, it is VERY bad form to include only one image and not the mirror.
I'd see that happening in a large theme game, but with a mini being terribly easy to upset, I'm hoping to give PBug more credit than thinking he'd mess with the town like this.
It's meta gaming, it's trying to guess what the mod's all about. it's dangerous, even more so with the mod's first actual game but hey - it's worth a risk.

As I see it, it makes sense. Hopefully, it does to you as well.
I just wish you'd read the posts minutely and ask for clarifications where it might be rambling rather than go gung ho with votes and theories.
This stands especially so for BJ who just seems to be slinging around votes with little or no reasoning behind them. I know this is a game, but it'd be good if you played to win rather than just for the heck of it and be led by the nose like a bull.
You've been convinced I'm not Thanatos and are voting for me.
I'm not Thanatos. If I were, I'd still be good.
A) He was one of the least grey characters around. In fact, he was never a major part of any real mythic story. You need to be noticed to be evil.
B) He's not a child of Gaia. Do you need to be told this in any other language in order to comprehend it?
Do you need to re read the mod's flavour? The TITLE of the game perhaps?
Instead, you just post silly ass smilies. Wonderful.

Why am I voting Puzzle and not Lauritz anymore?
That's kinda strange.
Why do i semi believe Lauritz? He can't be scum, his vote couldn't be controlled. He can't be the SK cuz the SK is weak enough initially without having to worry about his vote being controlled.
What is he for now? Clueless if you ask me and (pardon this) a moron for letting his heart control his vote right now, rather than his head.
I'm sorry but I wouldn't believe you are voting for me for any other reason than this Lauritz. if you are, do a post by post analysis of my posts and convince me where I'm scummy.

Why am I voting Puzzle? He was behaving strangely in those posts I pointed out in my last message. has anyone bothered to go over them?
He's been blinking silently on my radar since then.
Like I've said earlier, it's VERY easy to randomly picky up names in a 12 player game and have them obscure enough not to raise suspicion.
He's not sharing information at this point when we require it.
His first result was a child of Nyx. With Hypnos around, Thanatos being around as well is a reasonable conculsion. If not, had Hypnos died, it could always be said he was the child of Nyx Puzzle had seen.
He's convinced Gaia is around. Everyone's claimed. Where is she? If SV is her, where's Thanatos? He cannot be evil. I'm sorry but if he does turn out to be so, I will apologise to every single one of you and do something else which I don't care to share at this time.
Like I've said in one of my very early posts directed at Puzzle, he's not an effective cop per se. He just helps in guessing the setup, of which he isn't doing a very good job. He can't give us black and white guilty or not.
he's not sharing info. it's time to do away with him.

d_rouge counter claimed scum and is cleared unless he's SK with a power but Rhea never hurt anyone. In fact, she protected Zeus from death, making me a little more sure that he's prolly doc. There's got to be one, eh? Not one, or even a possible one has been revealed yet.

BJ claimed Hypnos and proved his power. He's a child of Nyx, not Gaia. He's out.

d_rouge is my mother. I'm out.

The Erinyes sound like a plausible role the way it was worded. (an element of meta gaming the mod here) and thus, not suspicious for now.

Puzzle claimed a now (in my view) ineffective cop + a child of Gaia's. Alert alert alert.

SV is asleep.

lauritz claimed Poseidon. i believe that much.
Do we not go where it's most possible to hit scum?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe a post with reactions to posts since my last post follows.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, at this point, like I said before, it seems most probable that Puzzle is lying about the roles he's claimd to have seen. It's also interesting how Puzzle has been lurking while we've been trying to decide who the SK is; it almost seems like he dosn't care who we lynch so long as it's not him.

On another note, I'm not really convinced of anyone's guilt or innocence as far as Phobes, SV, and Lauritz goes. Lauritz claimed the vig and claimed one of the killings, but that dosn't mean he's town alligned; he keeps insisting that one of the kills from last night "must" be a vig, but we don't have any way to know that; with this kind of scenerio he could just as easily be some kind of neutral role, or it could be that the real vig died last night (I could see Hades as a vig).
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:35 am

Post by Puzzle »

My vote is in place and the debate over the SK is still as dry as it was ages ago. What do you want me to add ?
Another explanation as to why you're scum ?
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:18 am

Post by BabyJesus »

My thoughts:

I believe Puzzle - at least I believe he has those powers. I think both thanatos and Gaia are in the game. Would he have those powers as scum though??

I can't see d_rouge being scum, given his role in lynching Lubabah. Although, who knows....it is interesting he was not attacked last night.

I find it odd that Phoebus is the ONLY one who claims to have no powers...but who knows what roles were lost with all those deaths last night. He is obviously not vig, or he would counter-claim L.

Lauritz seems clearly non-scum, and is either sk or vig. We're guessing now, if the mod would make Poseidon or thanatos vig or sk. Who the heck knows. IF we let Lauritz live, we better not see another kill out of him.

Yos - I have a hard time believing his role claim, but it appears to just be me. His early spat with Lubabah thoughs makes me doubt he is scum....

Leaving me with SV. SV, imho, is either sk, vig, or scum. 2 out of 3 say bad. Maybe its bad form lynching her while asleep....oh well. I think she's out best shot at hitting scum.

unvote, vote SapphireVerde
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:42 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

PBuG wrote:Puzzle --- 4 --- Yosarian2, Save The Dragons, Fuldu, shelper
Lubabah --- 4 --- Lauritz Melchior, d_rouge, Phoebus, BabyJesus
Yosarian2 --- 2 --- Lubabah, Puzzle
Not voting --- 1 --- SapphireVerde
I keep coming back to this vote count....

Puzzle, you think Phoebus is scum you say? Then why would he be on fellow scum Lubabah, rather then have YOU on the brink...

Although, to be honest, the fact that Lubabah did not hop on Puzzle's bandwagon to save himself may be telling as well....while I believe Puzzle's ability claim, IS it possible I guess that he has that ability as scum?

This vote count really makes me want to vote SV or Puzzle to be honest....
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:25 am

Post by TBuG »

Puzzle --- 3 --- Yosarian2, Phoebus, d_rouge
Lauritz Melchior --- 2 --- Puzzle, BabyJesus
Phoebus --- 1 --- Lauritz Melchior
SapphireVerde --- 1 --- BabyJesus

4 to lynch.
Last edited by TBuG on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:33 am

Post by BabyJesus »

PBuG wrote:Puzzle --- 3 --- Yosarian2, Phoebus, d_rouge
Lauritz Melchior --- 2 --- Puzzle, BabyJesus
BabyJesus --- 1 --- SapphireVerde

4 to lynch.
SV is voting for me?? Whatever... lets move on. If Puzzle is not scum, then its either Phoebus, Yos, or SV I think. I'll hope to guess correctly on the sleep...

unvote, vote puzzle
not my best choice for a lynch, but no one seems to want to go SV.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:18 am

Post by Puzzle »

Congrats, you just lynched your cop. :|
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:26 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Puzzle wrote:Congrats, you just lynched your cop. :|
If so, its your own damn fault. One away from a lynch, and all you said was you had nothing else to add.....
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:57 am

Post by Puzzle »

I have already said everything several times. What did you want me to add ?

Yosarian2 is scum.

Clear enough ?
Commodore Amazing
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:35 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Puzzle wrote:I have already said everything several times. What did you want me to add ?

Yosarian2 is scum.

Clear enough ?
well, the order to put him to sleep was submitted as soon as I cast the lynch vote, so if so he won't kill and we'll know it...

anyway dead should be quiet...
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:02 am

Post by TBuG »

Puzzle --- 4 --- Yosarian2, Phoebus, d_rouge, BabyJesus
Lauritz Melchior --- 1 --- Puzzle

After a big long confusing day, you finally lynch Puzzle.

"You just lynched your cop," Puzzle whispred as he died.

Good thing Puzzle lied, even in death. His body shifted to show Kronos, the frontman of the mafia.

Puzzle was Kronos, first-in-command of the Gaian Alliance.

Send in your night choices!
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:32 am

Post by TBuG »

I was planning on sending and posting stuff tonight but I haven't had the time, everything will be sent and posted by Monday.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:49 am

Post by TBuG »

Okay, well, by next Monday. This week is my birthday (specifically tomorrow) and this staurday is my party, so I will not have a lot of computer access, so... yeah.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”