Open 242 - Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over!)

smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

bah! after i was dead i knew it!!!!

so, anyway, why did i die exactly? I'm not usually the obvtown, or even very active. Just curious. Flattered, but curious.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

looking back over, i mean seriously? i didn't do much of anything this game, and I only mentioned BM once, saying he seemed alright as town.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Socrates »

The SSBF lynch day 1 was remarkable in the fact that it was almost entirely engineered by BM. Jordan proxied his vote to BM and almost every other vote on that wagon was sold as a compromise vote of some sort, and I think this is a perfect example of bussing scum seeing the scum motivations of their partner more clearly than a townie would, and being unwilling to see the pro-town perspective to their partner, since they know that interpretation to be untrue. It was funny looking in the quicktopics and seeing BM talk about how scummy SSBF was and how he brought it on himself, while in the mason quicktopic they expressed shock at the scum flip, they were so sure he was town.

Speaking of the quicktopics, both were barren wastelands without much discussion. The masons were killed off quickly, but both BM and Haylen stopped posting in the quicktopic entirely around night 3.

The town seemed to have had an activity problem right up until the very end of the game, though I ended up only replacing two people. This might have partially been my fault, as I wasn't as quick with the prods as I probably should have been. Looking back, I prodded BM quite a few times and I think I would have replaced him earlier on if I had to redo it.

Any questions, comments, suggestions or flames regarding my modding?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Haylen »

I would like to point out that i genuinely didtt know which SSBF/SSSS was my scumbuddy when they were lynched Day One, I thought it was the other Smash Bro who was my scum buddy so my reasoning for hammering SSBF was genuine.

Sorry about the Quicktopic, me and Battle Mage have each other on MSN and (as always) we ended up having live chat during the night rather than via QT. If anyone wants logs I'm happy to post them.

Sorry SSSS, I'd love to explain but I can't remember which one you are :/
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by Haylen »

Jahudo wrote:No, I was town. Was there anything I could have said to clear me?

Anyway, good job scumteam. I wonder how much the N0 mason kill and early mason claim gave you confidence to distance/bus. I'm guessing it allowed you to play a little outside your comfort zone at least, Haylen.
I played very much outside my comfort zone. Me and BM never discussed that I might confirm him as scum, so it was an entire shock to him when I did. I'm one of those people who like to keep as many of my buddies alive as possible and wouldn't dream of trying to off one during lylo. Usually, I like to play it safe but I think I'm coming out of that a bit now.

CSL: Yes, I did play to my town meta, but there are little things that people forget about that they can't change. For example, I am very emotional as town and would be accused of AtoE at least twice during the game.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Jahudo wrote:No, I was town. Was there anything I could have said to clear me?

Anyway, good job scumteam. I wonder how much the N0 mason kill and early mason claim gave you confidence to distance/bus. I'm guessing it allowed you to play a little outside your comfort zone at least, Haylen.
Thanks bud. I stand by what i said earlier, you played a good game.

Haylen and I did not bus voluntarily, we only did what was necessary. SSBF was a liability, and he had to be eliminated as soon as he replaced in. The early outting of the masons had it's cons as well- i'd pretty much spent my efforts attacking 2 confirmed townies, and looked like a bit of an idiot.

I'm happy that i played this game as honestly as possible. I think Haylen is aware that her "confirmation" of me as scum in this game is deeply flawed. However, it was enough to fool CSL and Gandalf, which secured us the win. I can sympathise with Jahudo feeling a bit miffed at how this game concluded. lol

And yes, Haylen wasnt in on the bussing SSBF idea. I was beyond furious that he thought it would be clever to come into the game, and tunnel-bus (train?) me pointlessly.

Socrates - I was never absent from the game, aside from my brief spell on V/LA. I'd say it's generally poor form to replace someone who puts alot of effort into the game, when it isnt absolutely necessary. No flames, but i resent the suggestion you'd rather have not had me in the game.

SSSS - I cant remember, but i imagine we felt you were a threat. Moreso than Gandalf, who we felt we could control more easily. I left him a clue before i died, to the Haylen-BM scumpair, but he didnt get it. Interestingly, Jahudo should probably have picked up that the only person with any reason to keep him alive, was me?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 am

Post by CSL »

Haylen, you deserve this win.

Jahudo, I don't think there was anything you could've done.

Fuck.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Haylen »

CSL wrote:Haylen, you deserve this win.
Even though I lurked? :/ Admittedly not of my own accord.

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Haylen was the win this game. I was 99.9999999999999999% sure she was town the entire time.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Battousai »

Why was I killed N0? FTR, I figured BM/Haylen scumteam early but mistook Molestargazer for a possible third member. I've never been good at getting a read on him in any game.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:45 am

Post by molestargazer »

Gah, I should've pressed Haylen-wagon more. Well played though, good game.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”