Newbie 917 - Game over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Mustilicor »

Antifinity: If you ever come up against the claim that you're not answering questions again, just ctrl-f for your name throughout the thread. Ooor chances are that if you missed it the first time, you could use a reread anyway.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

Bravo! I couldn't follow the whole game, but I'll post my impressions later.
Also known as: cheater_1
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Whoop, Whoop! Mustilcor ftw *high five*
Qunitastic wrote: Although I feel they had a slight unfair advantage with Civil Scum being the IC,
I swear I tried not to X|

I will say that I've only once seen an IC that was not scum survive N-2 once and that was because I was planning to get the lynched ^^

Good game, a couple things to note, corrections of myself too.

I was really very impressed by both of you, Mustilicor and Exilon.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Had a post and lost it

:,(
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Haha Musti, I thought at first that you just got impatient and were like "Come on! Let's lynch someone, screw it, I'm voting" but it was really well played.

I wasn't really intending to get Samp to vote, I thought that trying to get him to do that openly would sorta contradict how I was going after him at the end there (though that's what the "common link" thing was about), but I'm glad that he did! haha quite a relief. I was hoping to provoke a response from Samp that Exilon wouldn't like, any type of response in that direction.

I wasn't ever going to vote you though ;) I was grouping you in with my case on Exilon because I thought being paired with you like that might reinforce Musti=town for him, even if only subconciously.

You did good fending me off Exilon! I tried to get you lynched, and tried, and tried, and then tried some more! But you held your ground solidly.

Samp- I tried buddying you pretty hard D-2, that's why you were my top town read ;) You were 100% right about Antifinity the whole game. That was actually a little frustrating.

Sorry you had to go early MMM.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oh, and reinforce Musti=town for Exilon, especially in the case that I was lynched. Which I thought might be a possibility early on D-3. And then going into D-4 I figured you would be confident about having Exilon's vote for the 3rd player.

Friendly/helpful suggestions for Antifinity?

Andrius too, you had some flashes of greatness ;)

Really good/content heavy game!
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Oh, and there might have been a couple things I "white-lied" or just didn't bring up that I maybe should correct, but I have to go back and remember what they were.
Mustilicor
Mustilicor
Goon
Mustilicor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Mustilicor »

Heheheh. Besides simply figuring that if I were a townie, I SHOULD be worried that getting a vote on me could result in a quicklynch, I was mostly trying to shake SAMP off of my tail. Enough of being on the defensive! Let's put Antifinity on the defensive!

If nothing else, I hoped it would be surprising enough to stall him, and I was really hoping for Antifinity to say something in his defense that I could capitalize on, thus shifting focus away from me as others hemmed and hawwed and argued over what some mistake/'slip-up' of his might mean. Which... sort of worked? Not exactly like I was hoping, but it worked out in any case.

Anyway! Feedback!

The main reason you were easy to frame, Antifinity, wasn't the suspicious mistake here and there. It's that almost all of your posts were to defend yourself! When you came out with those long posts at the end there, I can see the town being like... so why didn't you ever make a case like that? Since town's first objective should be finding the mafia, whereas it's the mafia's first objective to survive... yeah. It didn't come across well. You didn't have enough town points to balance out your mistakes.

Andrius, you were a little more a victim of circumstance I think? Besides that first hammer anyway. I'm not sure about suggestions to offer your way. During the game I pressed you to build a case through looking through things that had already happened rather than waiting around for something new to (which was honest advice rather than an attempt to mislead you), and you already adapted your play upon receiving that. I think it was just a touch too late. ....your being emotional might have helped you get lynched? But eventually that will just be a part of your meta, so I'm not sure if there's much to be said about that.

Quintastiiiiic, you can't be so danged sure of stuff! There's just no way to justify the certainty you seemed to display. But I suppose that was obvious enough when Antifinity flipped town.

SAMP, your gut reads are sort of amazing. xD I mean yeah, at first you threw your vote around to get those reads, but once you had them they were pretty impressive. It seemed slightly random and unjustified to me, but.. it was also right. So what do I know?

Exilon, your play is a lot like mine and thus perfect. Image
.....or at least, I wouldn't be the one to ask for ideas on where it should change.

MMM, you were gone too instantly to say anything about. xD And CS, my view of your posts was too confused by having two sides of it to decide what was really good and bad. You're more aggressive than I'd think necessary, but it certainly provokes response.

....um. *counts* I missed someone. Oh, right, thatguy00/McGriddle. Umm. Yeah, I don't think you were here long enough for me to get any idea of your play. xD
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 am

Post by The Quintastic One »

Quintastiiiiic, you can't be so danged sure of stuff! There's just no way to justify the certainty you seemed to display. But I suppose that was obvious enough when Antifinity flipped town.
Except for the fact that I was 100% right about Andrius and I being town. I also was highly suspicious of Civil Scum but everytime he rebuttled I told myself (that's right. he's an IC, he's going to know much more about mafia theory than I am so there's no use being a one man case against him). That's what I meant by scum having an advantage this game.

Yes I was wrong about Antifinity, but considering if the town would of listened to me and lynched Antifinity on Day 2, then the Mafia kill me on Night 2, the town would of seen that the Andrius/Quintastic scumteam was not a possibility, and we then could of focused on more suspicious targets.

But that's all woulda/coulda/shoulda. The only thing I regret is that I feel very dirty thinking that Mustilicor was town til the end.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Antifinity »

Well, this was certainly an excellent learning experience.

Never trusting the "town mvp" ever again, for one :-P

I was totally suckered into the whole 'us vs them' faction mentality, and started seeing everything as 'people who think I'm town' vs 'people who think I'm scum'.

What I should have done was go on the offensive from the start, and tried to trap, trick, or otherwise catch the mafia.

Also, Andrius, while it turned out you were right, I just couldn't believe your blind support of TQO's doctor claim. I wish you had somehow convinced me, because that could have turned out much better for our side.
Mysterious Mystery Man
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Mysterious Mystery Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Mysterious Mystery Man »

@ Antifinity: That's actually not a bad mentality to have if you're scum. And you're right about not trusting the "town mvp", this is a mistake a lot of people make, even those who have been around for a while. Never let others scumhunt for you, get in there and speak your mind.
Also known as: cheater_1
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Andrius »

Civil Scum wrote: Andrius too, you had some flashes of greatness ;)
I don't recall any of this, but still. XD
Mustilicor wrote: Andrius, you were a little more a victim of circumstance I think? Besides that first hammer anyway. I'm not sure about suggestions to offer your way. During the game I pressed you to build a case through looking through things that had already happened rather than waiting around for something new to (which was honest advice rather than an attempt to mislead you), and you already adapted your play upon receiving that. I think it was just a touch too late. ....your being emotional might have helped you get lynched? But eventually that will just be a part of your meta, so I'm not sure if there's much to be said about that.
My meta will consist of:
SARCASTIC /bad trait, given no one finds it as humorous as I do
EMOTIONAL /bad
Whenever someone claims Doc in a game in which Andrius plays, even if Andrius votes for the claimed Doc, THE CLAIMED DOC IS THE DOC. (Evidence: 917, 924) /potentially good
The Quintastic One wrote: Except for the fact that I was 100% right about Andrius and I being town.
Antifinity wrote: Also, Andrius, while it turned out you were right, I just couldn't believe your blind support of TQO's doctor claim. I wish you had somehow convinced me, because that could have turned out much better for our side.
We totally were on top of our game here, with TQO fully believing in me and me in him. Go team! :)

But yeah. Idk, I just totally believed in TQO. :) It just happened. I mean, I got lynched and all. But one of you mafiosos could totally have couter-claimed if I hadn't been on the chopping block since dawn of D2.

I don't know what to say. :) Great game, and stuffs. Hope to play with you all some other time! Especially Quintastic, my buddy. XD
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:13 pm

Lol. I'm still in debate as to whether the fire and ice mafia I am currently playing is the last mafia game I will be playing on this site. All in all I've had more bad experiences playing this game than good. But even in a losing effort, this game was a good one and everyone played their parts to the best of their abilities.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Andrius »

Once I've been here for 3 months I may drop playing entirely to full-time mod. XD Maybe with a newbie game on the side. XD Idk, I most enjoy creating setups and themes, and I've already hammered out two of them, so yeah. ^^; Just waitin' for May 16th. XD I know I'm not a great player, so I'm totally willing to step back and let others play.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 am

Same actually. I'd love to start modding and get some themed games in. But the waiting list to mod a game is soooooo long. Not to mention the exhausting approval process you have to go through with the List Mods in order to actually get your set up out the door. So if you have the patience and will power to go through that, I'll sign up for one of your games. I guess we'll see who gets there first! lol.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Andrius »

/on-topic
Come day three I would have totally been questioning Musti's alive-ness a bit more, and Civil Scum was always kind of in the background, so yeah. XD
/fail at staying alive
But yeah, it was a great first game and stuff. XD

/off-topic
@ Quintastic:
I don't know enough about the waiting list and etc., but I know that theme game setups have to be approved, and that doesn't seem too hard to do.

Yeah, I'll totally hop into finding out how this all works once I hit two months in 10 days or so. Then I'll totally start working on getting my mini normal game approved, and then going on from there. XD
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 am

Post by Exilon »

I'd totally play your games then, so please keep me updated :P

Yeah, Andrius, your right xD I did feel it was fishy for Mustilicor to still be alive, but she had so much much townie-ness by her I figured she wasn't killed by coincidence ( don't forget that Quintastic's protection was unclear all in all and therefore there were other priorities than the "town's best player".)
Feels like I've been here before.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Andrius »

Yeah, not a problem, Exilon! :)

Man, it was perfect, with Musti as scum. The Doc would totally waste a night protecting her, or two nights, since she was the bastion of townie-ness, and she'd go around NKing people. :( Way to go. XD
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

Exilon wrote: ...don't forget that Quintastic's protection was unclear all in all...
Yeah, I think that actually worked out in our favor. It kinda mixed things up.

Quintastic, we believed your claim! hehe

Haha, I told Mustilicor that I was going to get Quintastic lynched, and then we ran him up to L-1 rather quickly.

Yeah, I thought it was really important to kill Quintastic for fear that you guys would start asking Mustilicor why the fuck she was still alive XD, having not gotten a single vote on her for two str8 days!

Zorblag? You said you had some comments?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”