Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5048, Desperado wrote:Most definitely. I've never seen a town come together that quickly and that accurately. It's not really surprising that Thor was the only infiltrator of that D1 town block.
:oops: :good:
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Venmar »

I actually do not have the Night Actions written down it seems... I deleted each night actions when I was done with them. I'd try to remember them but I fear id probably be wrong. If people wish, they can release their night actions separately.

- This game has been very interesting, and I am very proud of the mechanic. The Night 2 "massacre" wasn't triggered by anyone, if anybody was curious by the way, it was a predetermined event me and Andrius came up with, it was gonna happen no matter what. The Herder turned out to be a very vital role as I expected, though I did NOT expect it to become so controversial during the day. This was mainly due to my "questionable" wording of the role pm towards the end where I hint the existence of other Herders. First, people should have realized that the wording was meant to be confusing and unclear, and that I wasn't intentionally trying to tell them the number of Herders in the game, I was dropping a little hint that their role was not unique. This was done so that when someone claimed Herder, they wouldn't get counterclaimed and lynched unnecessarily. The implication that I was saying there HAD TO BE ONLY 2 herders was silly cause I would never let a player know such a large part of the setup, this game isn't bastard, it was meant to be unclear and just to mean "you are not alone".

That said, the way I determined the deaths of people was that I basically typed out the entire list into the list generator of Random.org. Then, If someone was herded, I would simply enter their name not once, but three times. Amrun, having the unique role of Baiter, would simply put her name in three times as well if she baited herself. Then when I would click randomize, the person at the very top would die. The mafia were notably immune to the horde, the list would always exclude the names of those in the mafia, unless they were herded. Before this however, I would also determine if there would be 0 deaths, 1 death, or 2 deaths. If I determined 0 ( these were done by random as well btw ), then I wouldnt even bother with the name listing. If it was 1 death, the first person on the top of the list would die, if it was 2 deaths, the top two people would die. It's a self-explanatory system. This explains why the Herders, while having an influence, didn't ACTUALLY have any control over the horde directly, and why the targets of the herders didn't die most of the time. Herders were mainly there to create a "Tug of War" scenario that simply made the mechanic less random and a bit more player determined, though not enough to have a direct control.

The Mechanic was meant to create tension and drama, like it did. The unpredictability of how many people might die, and WHICH people might die, was always a mystery. I'm happy to say that the atmosphere the mechanic made, was along the lines of what I was aiming for, and I'd like to say it went well. Credit goes to Andrius and Faraday for helping me balance the horde. In a true MyLo or LyLo scenario, I would have turned the horde off and made it extinct so it no longer determined the fate of the game during LyLo, something that should belong in the hands of the players.

The game itself played out interestingly, but to my surprise. My games seem to have this weird curse where the strongest Town role always is either lynched Day 1 or killed Night 1. I planned on the Redirector surviving longer, as he was meant to have a large influence on the horde to manipulating herders and such, but Majiffy got vigged by OGML and that idea was gone quickly.

Now when I say this, this is not meant to sound like i'm trying to offend anyone, but I believe the mafia didn't lose because of the town, but because of their own actions. Mastin believed the Mafia were losing because the setup was inbalanced and not in their favor. The mafia were actually destined from the beginning with a large edge, being immune to the horde, having three strong roles, and the fact the horde would be doing some of their work should have given them a lot to work with. This isn't me being cruel, mean, or personal, but me stating fact, when I say Chesskid and Ellibereth were dead weight, and the Mafia only survived as long as it did because of Thor's good play and TIP's cop play. Now this is coming from someone who got piled by work and became unavailable to read the game itself, but I don't have to be a genius to realize this. TIP's Cop play, believe or not, was actually an ingenious move, and could have worked out very well if it was played out well as well. Claiming to be blocked every night when knowing he was blocking OGML at the same time was a bit of a death trap in itself.

I sincerely hope my sloppy votecounts weren't a dread on this game, I did my best with the time I had, I did not expect such a sudden drop in my activity in the middle, and I honestly apologize for the inconvenience I have caused. I really hope the game was fun for you guys, because I enjoyed modding it and doing the flavor, for which some already have given me extensive compliments on, for which I am grateful for.

I will be going into a sort of "retirement" stage now until I get more access to play and mod, but it has been a fun ride, and I am eager for the time I can return to Mafiascum full time once again so I can play with, and mod for you guys. Au revoir.

I'll stay around for the next couple days to answer questions and everything else. I will compile the Role PM's sometime soon.

~ Venmar
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks for designing and running the game, Venmar. The zombie horde aspect was really interesting.

I agree with Desp that the way the town core formed was awesome, and Thor did a great job of getting right into the heart of it, sowing dissent and generally doing pro-scum stuff while maintaining a town visage. Very well played.

I felt like Nacho and I somehow wound up with the task of running interference for town PRs (Sugar Cain, Bork, OGML). The reason I didn't want to claim on day 2 was because I was afriad that OGML would settle on Bork or possibly Sugar Cain instead. We tried over and over again to get Thor to see SC's and OGMLs townishness. His refusing to see it makes all sorts of sense now.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 am

Post by chesskid3 »

>dead weight

fuck you day 1 was short as fuck and by the time I rolled in I didn't have time to catch up.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Ven - I will say that the cop claim was conceptually solid but not well executed given the gamestate and prior postings.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, to be fair, that D1 was pretty short, Mod. Elli was definitely dead weight though. As was I for the past two days, really. I apologize for that. I'm very glad the town ended up winning it though.

I loved the mechanic though. This was an overall pretty fun setup. I wish I could've played this a couple years ago when I had less cares and responsibilities in life, lol. gg all.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Also, TIP, has this game made you a scumputer believer?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 66, Trust Fund wrote:It is with great sadness that I announce that despite my insistence to the contrary, venny has gone and and made a mod mistake. You see, mafia is not spelled “town” AND he forgot to list my partners. I’m quite upset about this, you see? This means Colin and I have to do actual work, whereas I’d prefer to sit back and gorge myself on truffles this game. Unless the mod fixes this error in great haste, I guess we’ll have to obvtown the game up.
^This joke post is why I got shot night one lol. Mastin thought this was us crumbing traitor.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 4658, Titus wrote:
In post 4657, Thor665 wrote:The shoot Sangres plan?
Let's not and say we did.
Why? It's damn near obvious Sangres and OMGL are aligned. Sangres trying to come up with a plan to save OMGL and OMGL wanting to shoot everyone but Sangres. Let OMGL shoot Sangres or expose himself as a fraud. Period.

Lynch MS.

There's such a thing as a useful idiot Thor.
Hey. Hey titus. This is why any time I'm a power role, I'm not taking orders from you ever. You miss the forest from the trees. And it almost lost the town a HUGE asset in nacho-ffery. (Scum had to shoot there instead)

You need to go look up this site's roles meta too, because blackmailer is a shit role and has no bussiness being anywhere near a non-bastard game. And "X-shot SK" made me spit out my soda on the spot.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5038, Thor665 wrote:A risk, but a worthwhile one, shame it didn't pan out.
I felt constantly betrayed by my partners in this game :(

Ah well, still a mostly fun adventure, just stressful.
I guess I was your partner, I just didn't know it :]

Good shot OGML - we sent the zombies on Thor for the second night. I guess you got there first.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:28 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Boom goes the dynamite
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 5058, Cabd wrote:
In post 4658, Titus wrote:
In post 4657, Thor665 wrote:The shoot Sangres plan?
Let's not and say we did.
Why? It's damn near obvious Sangres and OMGL are aligned. Sangres trying to come up with a plan to save OMGL and OMGL wanting to shoot everyone but Sangres. Let OMGL shoot Sangres or expose himself as a fraud. Period.

Lynch MS.

There's such a thing as a useful idiot Thor.
Hey. Hey titus. This is why any time I'm a power role, I'm not taking orders from you ever. You miss the forest from the trees. And it almost lost the town a HUGE asset in nacho-ffery. (Scum had to shoot there instead)

You need to go look up this site's roles meta too, because blackmailer is a shit role and has no bussiness being anywhere near a non-bastard game. And "X-shot SK" made me spit out my soda on the spot.
But, she was right that we're aligned. TOWN aligned.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:45 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 5060, OhGodMyLife wrote:Boom goes the dynamite
gg. You put up with a ton of shit from other town players and kept your head through it. That was well done.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 4622, Titus wrote:
In post 4620, sangres wrote:
In post 4606, Titus wrote:You spend a hell of a lot of time defending mastin. You said you were willing to vote him early on at the beginning of the game despite arguing he was town. Odd for a town player to do that.
Remind me where we defended mastin from a lynch again?
Post 184, Mastin is probably town.
Post 1437, willing to lynch Mastin
Post 2986, mastin is town, Sangres says it is really important for us to note MS and I are scum
Post 2990, mastin town
Post 2998, Metal Sonic Vote
Post 3196, MS is scummy ("not a town read")
Post 3311, knows that Mastin thinks AD is scum, but disagrees
Post 3397, votes mastin "Consider this I really don't think MS is scum" [this is what really drew my attention]
Post 3414, Doesn't like Mastin's push on AD
Post 3363, Happy with the post that has both MS and Mastin as scum
Post 3619, Offers to put MS at L-1 despite being certain that would lead to a town lynch.
Post 3699, Votes Mastin at the start of day 4

That's the relevant ISO summary. I am seeing a bus trajectory rather than a town trajectory with his thought processes. No real questions put to Mastin. He posts that Mastin is town until he realizes that Mastin cannot be saved. The MS parts are included because of the awkward relationship to MS as well. Either Sangres was trying real hard to get MS mislynched (which should have caused MS to be upset) or the pair are buddies.
^you should probably leave trajectory analysis to people who know what they're talking about.

Like, it was pretty fucking obvious that ffery was getting paranoid from mastin's bussing. You left that out because of your "OMG SCUMZORS" confo-bias. You've been around the block long enough to know that btoh Nacho and Ffery are the type that town hunt and then POE their scumpiles. Yet you ignored this and you ended up derailing the credibility of a strong town player. It's okay to be doubtful as to a player's alignment, but you need to come up for a breath of air before tunneling a player to death.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Cabd »

EBWOP: Not mastin's bussing, mastin's buddying
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Cabd »

I know I probably sound like I'm attacking you titus, and sorry if it feels that way, but I'm just trying to point out that there's things to learn from here, because you take everything so literally you missed the inherit sarcasm in several posts, and based your reads upon the mistaken assumptions.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Titus »

No problem. I like the critique. Sarcasm is one of the greatest things I struggle to read. I don't feel attacked at all. I'm very aggressive in the game and at work but outside of games I don't take anything personally.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Titus »

As for the rest of it, I'll review it much later. To me, what is fucking obvious isn't always and I see things others don't. Of course, I don't claim to be an expert in any sense of the imagination. That is why I put forth my theories and get people to comment.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Huge thanks to Venny for modding an awesome game with a great concept and much forethought.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:50 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

WHO SAID THOR WAS SCUM
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 5048, Desperado wrote:Most definitely. I've never seen a town come together that quickly and that accurately. It's not really surprising that Thor was the only infiltrator of that D1 town block.
I do think D1 was integral in setting town down the right path, but I don't think this statement is accurate. We did have a decent town-block this game, but there was alot of infighting among it and I didn't think that it would have ever stop. Nero Pushed matty (even when I told him not too), DBG pushed Matty, Matty pushed our slot as well as fought with DBG IIRC and somewhere down the line, Borkie and I had started fighting with each other.

there was also the fact that, townies outside the block refused to join the block and even tried to come up with reasons to disband the block so I don't think town was that incredibly tight knit this game.
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I never pushed Matt.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I am happy I was on to Mastin. And basically saw through him completely, even if it was difficult to get others to see the same thing (I still doubt many people even bothered reading my case(s)).
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

woohoo! Image

I need to understand something though. do traitors count towards town for parity? can some1 explain all aspects of the traitor role to me? they view as town and are not on the scumboard, I have that so far. they are told who is scum but scum are not told about them. got it. what else? it seems to be treated differently than what I am used to.

great game and great flavour. thanks venny for running it. Image

thor Image

so glad I listened to dgb and simply followed her lead.

loved hydra-ing with dgb. she kept me laughing the whole time and she provided a lot of insight into site meta and now I understand why she does the things she does. she is awsum. our wb and spreadsheet cracked me up.

d1 read on mastin: "I don't like how he is staying away from shit and he never came back from lunch". <---- I swear to god I thought that him not coming back from lunch made him hugely scummy but I did not think i could get any1 else to buy that, lol.
whew!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 5073, pirate mollie wrote:can some1 explain all aspects of the traitor role to me?
It varies in each game but in this case:

Scumteam knows there's a traitor but not who it is. To recruit hm, they have to attempt to night kill him.
Traitor knows the entire scumteam, and wins with the scum. If the team never finds him and he's alone, he inherits the night kill.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”