Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

lld claimed daein. like country daein not aligned with daein, so she shows up as equivilent to guilty if say there were another country cop in the game.

kats.
ddd even made a big post detailing every breadcrumb he ever made. read it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 5023, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:
In post 5019, Gammagooey wrote:ddd claimed confirmable role day 3, then claimed country cop today although he HEAVILY crumbed his targets on several days since then.
lld claimed d3 to get spyrex lynched because she got a no result on him n2, and claimed results on nik n1, me n3 i think, hindu d6, and i forget the rest.

AV said something about Miller cop.

~P

LLD claims to be a country cop, town, and from Daein.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Magister Ludi

~

PEdit. Jesus fuck, Tierce had me write up a big fucking wall of my crumbs and country cop related play; go look at it Katsuki instead of herping and derping about.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Tammy »

Okay so, I was all ready to come in here and vote LLD after what I posted after looking at the dead. Now, I'm uncertain.

I don't see DDD as scum. As I said I think it would be odd for Grey to have bussed him the way that he did when Grey was suspected by several people and DDD was not, especially if they weren't aware of all their targets. Feels odd.

Several of the scum did tend to actively push away from a Ludi lynch and I had a day one scum read on, but I also did for LLD.

Anyway I need to think. I'm sorry I've been MIA this week, it kind of fell apart for me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 5021, Tierce wrote:
In post 4973, Tierce wrote:Glork, the problem isn't that there might be four town investigative roles. The problem is what you're glossing over: that when you get down to scumhunting, DDDP's play doesn't make sense as scum. You're trying to sell this lynch on numbers, and that makes me extremely nervous. It's a Vi game, it's not required to make sense, and you're jumping on "things that aren't required to make sense" over "this behavior is likely to come from scum/town".
I know you're busy, Glork, but this needs to be emphasized.

Read the fucking thread. Holy shit you are awful.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, Vi games are required to make sense. They're complex, but they're not shitty and arbitrary. Throwing three roles that figure out countries and countering them by making them effectively useless is not remotely competent game design.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by Tammy »

My theory on DDD might not pan out barring a couple things. If they only had one more target they needed to get, ie Empress Sanaki and DDD lied about at least one of his targets, which I'm not sure I believe. It still doesn't make sense for DDD to refuse to claim on day three while his partner Grey bussed him hard. He would have needed DDD alive to find their targets or they would have been shooting in the dark. They only knew Alchemist was Sanaki because of the counterclaim, and I full well believe they didn't know who Sanaki was or Grey wouldn't have bothered with a claim that he knew would be countered. And I don't think he ever investigated Kanye (off the top of my head - I'm being quick about this sorry). So, I can't see him bussing his country cop on day 3 when they were down three and needed to learn who their targets were (assuming they are the leaders as we suspect.)

Does, this make sense. I'm sorry I'm rambling.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

For DDD to be GreyIce's partner and for the targets to be country leaders, then he bussed him before learning about me, Kanye, and Alchemist. (Well, not exactly me since I was investigated night two.) This doesn't seem right.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm debating the odds that LLD "came clean" on her country expecting there to be a protown country cop. It seems highly likely, if she is scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

Although DDD - Why did you investigate Spyrex on night one? He was such a strong town read of yours, you were willing to sheep him. Seems an odd choice. If you answered this already, sorry, but I'm not going to go look back.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

Glork - Have you looked at the interaction between GreyIce and LLD? They were rather noncommital on their reads on each other as far as I remember, and the day of the UN lynching (or before), Grey was far more in favor of a UN lynch.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Yeah, there was a lot of "heyyyy, I'm not so suuure about you...", but I legit have a hard time reading them because their out-of-game relationship invariably seeps into their gameplay when they are playing together. Noncommittal is a good word. It seemed like they both wanted to make it seem like they were okay offing the other, and there was quite a bit of word chioce that looked like distancing-without-really-wanting-to-analyze-each-others'-alignments.

What has me hung up right now is LLD's desire to 1v1 DDD. If there are two scums and you're the only target left, and they can block you like they've been doing to Dana, it makes sense... but it also means that we cannot win at this point. If she's the only scum left, and/or there are two targets left, it seems like a bad play unless she is *really* confident that her buddy won't go down tomorrow *AND* can kill off the last two people on the list tonight/tomorrow-night.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:39 pm

In post 5033, Tammy wrote:Although DDD - Why did you investigate Spyrex on night one? He was such a strong town read of yours, you were willing to sheep him. Seems an odd choice. If you answered this already, sorry, but I'm not going to go look back.

Because it was a read based on his early activity which steadily declined as the first day went along; and he certainly wasn't a universal town read where he was going to die or someone I wouldn't have to worry about him. Made more sense to check him and clear him to a degree then to leave it as a question mark.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

Hence why I said I was all ready to come in here and vote LLD and now am uncertain.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by Glork »

How did his play deteriorate over the course of D1 (and, really, whose play
didn't
deteriorate over the course of D1)? Also, why investiagte him over someone else whose play was questionable D1, but who seemed more
likely
to yield a guilty result? IIRC (and feel free to correct me on this, because I'm doing it from memory), you wanted Dramonic dead, and even late in the day would follow Spyre around. What makes you decide to investigate someone you have a moderately town read on, in favor of someone you have a desire to lynch?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5035, Glork wrote:Yeah, there was a lot of "heyyyy, I'm not so suuure about you...", but I legit have a hard time reading them because their out-of-game relationship invariably seeps into their gameplay when they are playing together. Noncommittal is a good word. It seemed like they both wanted to make it seem like they were okay offing the other, and there was quite a bit of word chioce that looked like distancing-without-really-wanting-to-analyze-each-others'-alignments.

What has me hung up right now is LLD's desire to 1v1 DDD. If there are two scums and you're the only target left, and they can block you like they've been doing to Dana, it makes sense... but it also means that we cannot win at this point. If she's the only scum left, and/or there are two targets left, it seems like a bad play unless she is *really* confident that her buddy won't go down tomorrow *AND* can kill off the last two people on the list tonight/tomorrow-night.

Alternatively I'm town and DDD is scum because a second full on country cop makes very little sense.

I came clean with the Daein claim for a couple of reasons:

1) It was my reason to believe there would be false positives/negatives in the game.
2) After the SpyreX lynch didn't pan out like I thought it would, I felt obligated to explain myself.

While it did occur to me that me being from Daein might indicate another investigative role, I remain assured that it wouldn't be a second FULL BLOWN COUNTRY COP.

Something along the lines of a Voyeur was more what I would expect. I don't know. I wasn't really thinking about it.

I was more focused on the fact that I had given faulty intel in the SpyreX lynch, and that I needed to come forward with EVERYTHING.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh meh...they only learn country and there was more than one from Begnion and Crimea.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 pm

In post 5038, Glork wrote:How did his play deteriorate over the course of D1 (and, really, whose play
didn't
deteriorate over the course of D1)? Also, why investiagte him over someone else whose play was questionable D1, but who seemed more
likely
to yield a guilty result? IIRC (and feel free to correct me on this, because I'm doing it from memory), you wanted Dramonic dead, and even late in the day would follow Spyre around. What makes you decide to investigate someone you have a moderately town read on, in favor of someone you have a desire to lynch?

My read on SpyreX was primarily based around activity; in the League he was most active in about everything on D1; in Back Room he was active but only barely in the top half on D1 and was scum. He started D1 as the most active player, but he slowly started to sink down the list as D1 wore on and I wanted to make sure I wasn't just chasing a phantom. And even if he had a lesser chance of coming up guilty, I think removing the question mark was still exceedingly valuable because if I was wrong and never checked my assumption that would've been worse.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 5025, Gammagooey wrote:lld claimed daein. like country daein not aligned with daein, so she shows up as equivilent to guilty if say there were another country cop in the game.

kats.

I did.

I just realized something I missed the first time round.

Anyways,
Vote: DDD
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 pm

In post 5042, Katsuki wrote:
In post 5025, Gammagooey wrote:lld claimed daein. like country daein not aligned with daein, so she shows up as equivilent to guilty if say there were another country cop in the game.

kats.

I did.

I just realized something I missed the first time round.

Anyways,
Vote: DDD

Ooh sorry, you missed something this time around as well.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Vi »

King Pelleas was drenched in sweat and nauseated to the point of delirium. He had been forcibly carried to a post at the back of Daein's lines, where he was expected to command the remnants of his army. As if he could do that before. He was keenly aware of how his own loyal soldiers had him trapped on a temporary throne so he could be bombarded by reports of his nation being crushed before his eyes. It would have been overwhelming even in the best of circumstances, but in this dark hour... Pelleas could only make out fragments of the reports shouted at him. Even those he could understand, he couldn't possibly dwell on. Pelleas could only feel a very, very dark foreboding about how this battle would turn out, no matter what they were saying. Pelleas, intimately familiar with the dark arts, knew what a premonition was, and managed to become chilled even beyond the shivering cold of his sweat evaporating in the freezing air.

Pelleas was halfway brought out of his stupor by his eye catching the stunning white armor of one of his most trusted generals. Tauroneo, the man who had served two kings before him and was now his most loyal retainer, had entered the command tent. Pelleas was dimly aware that this was very likely to be a portent of ominous news, but all he could do was placidly note how stained Tauroneo's shield and leg braces were.

"Your Majesty", the elder general began. "The secondary front has collapsed and General Cawdor has fallen. I expect the divided Apostle's Army to merge in half an hour."

A simple, direct message - one conveying that the unthinkable was about to happen. Pelleas, in the back of his mind, knew that his hours were numbered. Yet his attention, as evidenced by his blank face and slight quiver, was on something quite different. Pelleas sensed that something even further beyond his imagination was imminent.

Pelleas was supposed to respond to his general's report. Instead, he started to shudder violently at something far greater.

Vote Count XLVIII:
(left to right) Bryce, Greil, Tauroneo
:right: Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-3) ~ Lady Lambdadelta, ToastyToast, Magister Ludi, danakillsu, Katsuki
Magister Ludi (L-6) ~ Tierce, Debonair Danny DiPietro
Gammagooey (L-7) ~ singersigner
Nikanor (L-7) ~ Hinduragi
Lady Lambdadelta (L-7) ~ Gammagooey
ToastyToast (L-8) ~
Debonair Danny DiPietro

Glork (L-8) ~
Katsuki

Not Voting:
Teleporting Speed Hippos, Nikanor,
Tierce,
Tammy, Glork

-Last call.

-Magister Ludi is being prodded...

--With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Alright, so Ive been going around...and just what the fuck. I fucking told you. It's time to lynch someone. I REALLY don't think it should be DDD or LLD but I will compromise if it means appeasing these fucking numbers. Fuck that mechanic.

Vote: Ludi

Nikanor DOES need to die. If I ever die at any point in this game, I want the lynches to go somewhat like this:
Nikanor, Ludi/Toast, Katsuki/Singer, Gamma/Glork, and if none of those worked, we're going to fucking lose.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Post by singersigner »

Last call...the number is now gold...

Wtf...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Who do you think that benefits? It says town doesn't benefit from a quick lynch...but if scum had fulfilled their wincon already, the game would be over...so this mechanic has to be alignment independent...unless...well fuck if I know...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:31 pm

In post 5047, singersigner wrote:Who do you think that benefits? It says town doesn't benefit from a quick lynch...but if scum had fulfilled their wincon already, the game would be over...so this mechanic has to be alignment independent...unless...well fuck if I know...

Pelleas is the King of Daein, if that means anything?

I think maybe Ashera's Judgement is coming. Maybe?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 pm

... you don't think there is a role in this game who has a win condition to make the game run into Ashera's Judgement... do you?

GLOOOOORRRRRRRKKK?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”