Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Kise »

CG mafia...

So Mastin, about them derailings
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4999, rapidcanyon wrote:How the heck did AngryPidgeon survive so long?

He was playing like newb town and he skated by on sympathy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Kise »

AP eventually won me over. More circumstantial than newbtown IMO.

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:oops: and here I though I had won you over.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Kise »

Honestly I prob would have tried to lynch you after myk if you did 1v1 him :P

I have no honor

Yet…
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

fall on your sword!!!

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4949, Nero Cain wrote:lol AP tried to kill me night 1
Not AP specifically, but AP had good reason to think I was the doctor protecting you, since I had that very same guess--that the doctor protected you N1.

Of all the people who could have died N1, you at that point looked the most reasonable when I did my iso, so I concluded pretty much instantly that you were the NK.

And, fun fact, I almost didn't do the 1V1 claim against MoI d2. Had I not, things coulda gone reeeeeeeeally differently with regards to N3. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4952, pidgey wrote:The 3 repeated messaged to AP + other things made me think it was kinda impossible for myk/AP scum team.
To be fair, it did for me as well. :P

Once, good WIFOM.

Twice, and even three times?

No way.

...Except, yes way. :P

I was pretty dead-certain myk was scum, even before my modkill. I was pretty certain, by extent, that Nero was town, even before I got to the dead QT to know as much. I was pretty certain that Aco was town. And because of myk's constant messaging to AP, I was convinced AP couldn't be scumbuddies with him, which'd narrow it down to {jason, you} as the partner, and I was pretty heavily leaning against it being jason. (Especially after I ended up in the dead QT.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

*{Jason, pidgey, KK} as the partner. Forgot, Khan was alive.

I'm not saying I was coming around entirely on Khan; I still had him as a good scum candidate. But my vote switch shows that I was (justifiably so!) paranoid that Khan was not a good lynch, whereas mykonian was.
My academy.
Agnigi
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

There were a lot of obvtown this game that I felt a little bad about pushing. Especially Acosmist and Jason. Their claims / play was super apathetic but obviously town.

Also, loved my buddies even though we bussed each other most of the game. <3 I thought we were hilariously disfunctional in the QT.

Game was balanced I think and fun to play, thanks PR.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Elscouta's refusal to claim was so town lol. I was glad KK kept doing moderately scummy things like hopping on the Elscouta wagon late. >.>

Mastin, come join the MD discussion about leashing Tammy :P
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5000, Kise wrote:So Mastin, about them derailings
Entirely in the mid-game. :P

I had early and late scumreads on mykonian and Yates.

I didn't see IaI nor AP by extent as being scum for most of the game, and that's where you can say I went wrong...but by the end, the only reason I thought that an AP-myk scumteam was impossible was because of myk messaging him. I mean, if myk were fake-messaging AP, I could totally buy it, but AP giving paraphrases of the messages showed that the messages myk were sending were quite real--in other words, myk was using his role, legitimately, on AP. And I just couldn't see him consistently doing that with both as scum.

Would I have called a myk-AP scumteam without that...I honestly can't say. It is fully possible I would have thanks to me trusting Nero and him presenting some pretty dang decent evidence. By the end, he wasn't acting particularly town, and in fact was acting pretty blatantly anti-town. Thanks to the messenger-ploy, I thought it was derp-anti-town (AP is not exactly known for being a brilliant scumhunter as town :P And jason shows why this conclusion was not unreasonable to have made), rather than scum-ant-town, so without that, it could have gone one way or the other.

I did derail the zab wagon, but as it turned out, that wasn't a bad thing. I did attempt to derail the Tammy wagon, which would have been a good thing. I tried to derail the El wagon, which was a good thing.

Now, who I was trying to actually wagon, that you can argue was poor. :P MoI, Aco, pidgey, Cheery Dog (briefly), PV (briefly), and Khan all were targeted, but by the end, I definitely was getting my act closer to being together. I (correctly) realized my error on MoI, Aco was soon to follow, and the only person I really was misreading at that point was pidgey...who I had most of the mid-game as being town. :P

(Pidgey being town in the mid-game is probably the best read I had during that period. :P)

Butyeah, you can't exactly argue that my derails were bad, since I derailed lynches which weren't on groupscum. Heck, one of the wagons I tried to get going was on Yates, but deadline (combined with AP's distancing-then-getting-off) derailed that. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Just got around to reading the scum QT. AP was right, I was lynchable and not leading the town properly. But kudos to me for some damn good reads this game.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5010, AngryPidgeon wrote:Elscouta's refusal to claim was so town lol.
And I said as much. :P

And, yeah. PR's official mod ruling on my status this game is this:
pappums rat wrote:The way I see it right now, since Cyber was the main reason for the modkill I would essentially view you as a non-entity for this game (despite your hard efforts for the town) and you will neither win nor lose this game.

But despite that, I still personally consider myself to be a part of the game. This game is a fine demonstration of why my mid-game is abysmal. I start off decent (not great, but not bad), but get weaker and weaker. Near the endgame, I rebound, but by that time, it's too late.

I would have probably still lost this game, but it would have been by a much narrower margin. :P

So ultimately, I take back what I said about this game being in my bottom 15%, believe it or not. It's far, far, FAR from my most stellar performance of all time. And it's certainly in the bottom 50% of my games. But it's not bad. Just average. Lower side of average, but not as bad as I originally thought.

Still sucks, yeah, fully admit that. Would be the first to say I did not play a great game. To say I played a decent game (yet alone a good or great game) would be overly generous. :P

But my personal opinion is that my play wasn't particularly bad overall.

And hey, this game helps reinforce many of the principles I've been saying for a while. For instance, the moment I stopped antagonizing MoI, my play took an immediate turn for the better. The moment I stopped, considered my reads, and thought about the evidence rather than my feelings, I began to refocus and coordinate things. It ultimately was too little, too late, though. :/
My academy.
Agnigi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 5007, mastin2 wrote:
In post 4952, pidgey wrote:The 3 repeated messaged to AP + other things made me think it was kinda impossible for myk/AP scum team.
To be fair, it did for me as well. :P

Once, good WIFOM.

Twice, and even three times?

No way.

...Except, yes way. :P

I didn't have to lie about paraphrasing the messages, that was really what was in them. Best thing that could have happened to us was someone being able to read said messages. I think AP was geniunly surprised by the first message he got. But it was mostly to set up my claim that AP was my best townread. Had some nice symbolism etc that everybody could understand.

In post 5009, AngryPidgeon wrote:I thought we were hilariously disfunctional in the QT.

It took you and Yates some time to stop panicking. Being scum isn't about avoiding suspicion. It's about not getting lynched. Nero had the cutest post about that in the MD thread. And only yates was inevitably going to get lynched at some point. When that panic was finally gone, talk in the QT was simpler as well. And I kinda played you for idiots when you wanted to use that messaging to give someone a "investigation result" or something of the like. I really doubt anyone falls for that. So yes, that was maybe a bit disfunctional but I was happy I got the last word in that and I really didn't need to debate about its use. Otherwise, I really couldn't complain too much. I've seen far worse.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Look, if you and AP want to pretend like you guys played super pro-town and that no one suspected you, fine. But Tammy is a smart girl. If Tammy was not lynched she would have eventually shot AP and probably you. If I were the SK I would have shot you and AP so you know luck and all that. Also thanks for the kind words , Mastin.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Nero Cain wrote:luck and all that.

Seriously Nero?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Kise »

I figured it was between myk, AP and KK after I died. Super town? Myk was far from it, though charming. AP had KK going at him, and looking at his cases now I see KK got in the same relaxed mode I did after a while. You lay your case out there and it finds little/no support - and I AM to blame for not taking interest in that, KK. Apologies.

Yet…
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 5015, Nero Cain wrote:Look, if you and AP want to pretend like you guys played super pro-town and that no one suspected you, fine. But Tammy is a smart girl. If Tammy was not lynched she would have eventually shot AP and probably you. If I were the SK I would have shot you and AP so you know luck and all that. Also thanks for the kind words , Mastin.

Told you. Suspected isn't the point. Not getting lynched is. I've been suspected all game. I haven't been close to a lynch. So yes, I kinda feel like I had a good run this game.

Tammy would have shot AP soon enough if we read the death topic.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2574, Kise wrote:
In post 2572, mykonian wrote:Now, I wonder, how much of your arguing actually gets read, MoI? Because most of it is rather pointless and just calls everybody but "the dragon" stupid.

You've been baiting him, this page. :P

You could have made quite the case just on this post.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Kise »

I made the best case when I showed you urging Tammy to shoot the cop. But mastin was WAITWAITWAIT :good:

Yet…
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5020, Kise wrote:I made the best case when I showed you urging Tammy to shoot the cop. But mastin was WAITWAITWAIT :good:
To be fair, I was under the impression that the messenger was town at the time. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am

Post by mykonian »

:twisted:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Although that message you sent Tammy would have got you power lynched if I were her : P
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by mykonian »

yes, totally. Which is why I didn't send you a message like that...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”