Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 am

Post by M4yhem »

Today tomorrow, Armlx.

Orange Penguin- It's not your colour or species (I like penguins) it's that I haven't seen an original opinion out of you the whole game. You voted Joubert based on Roflcopter's case, you were suspicious of chubbs because of other people and now you vote EL based on Armlx's reasons. It seems like you are just following the tide of popular opinion; you hardly ever mention someone who hasn't already been pointed out as suspicious. It gives me scum trying to stay under the radar vibes.
Plus, you've twice promised a reread and not delivered.

I'd like to know- If EL is scum, who do you think is scum with him? Who are the other two scum?

---

Eldritch Lord (4): forbiddanlight, armlx, Snix, orangepenguin
forbiddanlight (2): Eldritch Lord, ChubbsMcLubbs
sekinj (1): Cephrir
Snix (1): m4yhem

Not Voting (1): sekinj
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 am

Post by armlx »

I'd like to know- If EL is scum, who do you think is scum with him? Who are the other two scum?
Is this a general question to everyone? It probably should be.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 am

Post by sekinj »

OK.

Here are my thoughts:

I have a couple people who I think are most likely town, but I'm reserving their names.

as for scum: My best guess is that the teams are EL/Snix and OP/forbidden. I am the lest sure about forbidden. if not her then I think it is M4hem because of X's comments about doing night without him in Post 450.

I thinkthe reaction by EL and Snix when they were first suspected is telling. They immediately jump apart (like guilty lovers) and do their best to be ont he opposite ever after. I think this is distancing and tryignt o keep at least one of them alive if the other goes down.

@OP: why did you unvote in 399 and again in 470? I mean I can see that you unvoted twice becasue the mod didn't catch it the first time, but why are you unvoting the EL wagon? you did not give a reason either time even though you were asked.

I'm surprised more people aren't voting OP since there have been several good cases against him.

Mod: Please post VC and deadline. Thank you!
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Deadline: Monday, October 27th, 11:59PM

Which is three weeks away. I hope that's enough time.

I believe the Vote Counts are accurate and up-to-date.

As you were.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 am

Post by sekinj »

OK guys, the power is in our hands... Let's do this.

Put this back on your watch lists. this game is GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Vote: OP
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

sekinj: are you saying that you think OP is more likely scum than EL?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, thanks for the VC and deadline. I'd like to ask what makes me scum with OP? I plan to reread him to find out if the points against him are valid, but I wonder where this connection comes from, and what makes me scum?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:11 am

Post by sekinj »

forbiddanlight wrote:Alright, thanks for the VC and deadline. I'd like to ask what makes me scum with OP? I plan to reread him to find out if the points against him are valid, but I wonder where this connection comes from, and what makes me scum?
I think you look scummy by yourself, but the least scummy of the 4. I dont' think there is much of a connection between you and OP, however, there it too much of a connection between EL and Snix. So that leaves you with OP. and if not you then mayhem.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:14 am

Post by sekinj »

Cephrir wrote:sekinj: are you saying that you think OP is more likely scum than EL?
well, I think they are pretty close. I mainly put my vote on OP instead of EL in order to maybe get some attention back on this game. I think either would be a good choice for the day. The only hesitation I have about EL is that many of you decided he was scum at almost the very start of Day3. things didn't do too well the others days when the wagons formed that fast... and yeah, we're all stalled out now, but it seems that many people havn't actually considered anything else after deciding EL was scum... So I'd just to explore a little.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:49 am

Post by sekinj »

Here are FL’s posts that I don’t like… (actually the more I look at her the higher she moves on my scum list).
forbiddenlight Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:43 am Post subject: 2 wrote:
Let's see, maybe it's the fact that even in joke voting, you give a reason, no matter how bullcrappy. Most of his contributions have been "vote" "vote" "awwww" (when he got voted) "Nice one, vote". So, I actually agree with a vote:Chubbs

(4th doesn't bring him close to lynch, does it?)
Way to throw your vote around. As a townie you should be ever aware of exactly what you are doing so that people don’t get mis-lynched.
forbiddenlight Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 pm Post subject: 13 wrote:
Woah, woah, woah! What is the DEAL with this magical Chubbwagon here? I mean, we were wrong about Jou, shouldn't we be taking this time to, yanno, reexamine our logic? Also, would like to know why rofl and Snix were FoS'd?
Trying way too hard to be townie.
forbiddenlight Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:00 pm Post subject: 27 wrote: I don't plan to die. And on the offchance I do, I won't flip scum. But for once, I'd like to make it to the end. I tend to have a bad habit of being lynched. I do however agree with that view, and it gives you more pro town points in my book .
Thanks for letting us know that you won’t flip scum… you look way too defensive by pointing that out. And you also make an emotional appeal for getting to endgame. You’re not close to lynch at this point, but you are getting antsy.

Exibit A:
forbiddenlight Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:38 am Post subject: 33 wrote:
Eldritch Lord Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:55 am Post subject: 297 wrote: Forbiddan, don't care if you're a man or a woman.

I will say him, no girls on the internet, etc.
nyeh, irrelevant. Why not respond to the points I brought up? Or maybe you can't? Liking my vote now.
Exibit B:
forbiddenlight Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:40 pm Post subject: 42 wrote: First, Chubbs, you could get my gender right. It's annoying that people can't pay attention to the icons right next to someone's posts <snip>
Exhibit A and B point out an inconsistency based on who she is talking too. Scumbuddy tells?? -I'm not sure what this inconsistency means...
forbiddenlight Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:58 pm Post subject: 46 wrote:
Eldritch Lord Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 pm Post subject: 356 wrote: So if you really think this then why should my being scum make him more scummy? I smell somebody setting up a mislynch.
I don't know! That's the problem! I don't know whether Snix is a victim or not. I kinda thought that, but I could see blatent following to give that impression. It's freaking WIFOM and I hate it. That's mostly why I said I'll look at Snix more closely pending how you flip but don't think it'll lead anywhere.
Eldritch Lord Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 pm Post subject: 356 wrote:
It is hard to get a clear idea of who is scummy when the first two days went by so quickly, and yet with only 15 pages of discussion on Page 3 and no conclusive evidence to go on you are talking about my flip as though I'm already lynched and then go on to set up a link to Snix for the next day despite having said:
Forbiddanlight wrote: I feel Snix is more the victim of being followed by a scummy player
To be fair, I haven't linked you guys inseperably yet. Half of it depends on your flip if it happens (It might, given how the day has gone so far), and the other half depends on how Snix further handles himself and how a closer look reflects on him in the context of all the flips.
Screams false dilemma.
forbiddenlight Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 am Post subject: 57 wrote:
If EL flips scum, which I find likely, I would have to conclude Snix is more suspect. But, my scumlist?
More breadcrumbing about EL. I think she may KNOW he is town and not want to be on the bad side of it when he flips after lynch.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by armlx »

I can agree one Snix, EL, and OP being scummy, but a third I have to go back and look at (I know, I said that when xtoxm asked, then the game died....)
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Exhibit A and B point out an inconsistency based on who she is talking too. Scumbuddy tells?? -I'm not sure what this inconsistency means...
Wait what? This is BS, and you know it. Um...let's see, one person was defending a case. The other one was pushing a case. THEY REQUIRE DIFFERENT RESPONSES!

Screams false dilemma.
Only the same one that armix pushed. If you are going to call me on it, call armix on it.

More breadcrumbing about EL. I think she may KNOW he is town and not want to be on the bad side of it when he flips after lynch.
You really are stupid, aren't you? Even as scum I can't know that EL is town. Two scum groups? Or did that slip your mind when you were partying with your buddy? Oh wait, shouldn't OMGUS.

Thanks for letting us know that you won’t flip scum… you look way too defensive by pointing that out. And you also make an emotional appeal for getting to endgame. You’re not close to lynch at this point, but you are getting antsy.
Hi, take a look at ANY OTHER GAME I'm in. I get overdefensive upon being attacked naturally. Part of it's my thought process that I know I'm town, and that anyone would attack me is ridiculously stupid (in my eyes)

Uh no. That was being a townie because I am one. I honestly disliked how the wagon appeared out of nowhere without anyone reconsidering. What the hell are you on?

Way to throw your vote around. As a townie you should be ever aware of exactly what you are doing so that people don’t get mis-lynched.
Actually, it's more I don't pay much attention to early game stuff. I didn't think he'd be close to lynch that early, but I wanted to ask to make sure. And yes, I also didn't count the number of players in the game. My fault. Seriously, calling me out on not paying attention is one of the weakest attacks I've had yet.

Who did you replace, sekinj? Because as far as I can tell, given that bullshit case, you've made them and yourself look a lot scummier.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by sekinj »

wow. calling me stupid and implying that I'm high just doesn't cut it as a defense.. try again.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by armlx »

sekinj replaced Jenethron who replaced mik.

There's definitely a lot of slanting in that case. I can see EL/Snix + Mik/OP.

Cephrir, thoughts given your earlier issues with mik?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I guess I can rule out the mik (now sek)/fl pair that I was speculating on before. Unless they are extreme busing, which would be stupid. I think fl is way more scummier than sek though. I could also see a fl/armlx as one pair.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Would it be a good thing for each person to list their top 4 suspects? And decide the lynch from there, after people back up their suspicions for each then. We can narrow the suspect pool down, and decide who to lynch. It makes sense in my head, in a perfect scenario, but I don't think it'd be good. Just something that popped in my head, since we all are throwing out potential scum pairs.

For example:

armlx: EL/Snix + Mik/Op
orangepenguin: El/Snix + armlx/fl
etcetera...

The pair that pops up the most will be looked at, and if we as a whole decide they are scum, we vote them.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by armlx »

Eh... pops up most gets a little sketchy. I say we look at the groups in general that pop up more often, not a specific one necessarily.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:32 am

Post by sekinj »

armlx wrote:sekinj replaced Jenethron who replaced mik.

There's definitely a lot of slanting in that case. I can see EL/Snix + Mik/OP.

Cephrir, thoughts given your earlier issues with mik?
Please point out the slanting. I was simply looking at her posts in isolation and that is what popped out. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

wow. calling me stupid and implying that I'm high just doesn't cut it as a defense.. try again.
Well, obviously you didn't read the rules when you replaced in. NO ONE knows who's town except for the mod. I was harsh, I'll admit, but it still stands that that was utter crap.

The trying to be too hard to be a townie is so subjective that call really can't be made. I love how you focused on the insults rather than the actual defense, because you can't refute it. And thanks for telling me who she replaced, armix.

Unvote, Vote sekinj

I guess I can rule out the mik (now sek)/fl pair that I was speculating on before. Unless they are extreme busing, which would be stupid. I think fl is way more scummier than sek though. I could also see a fl/armlx as one pair.
Where's your case? Or are you ONCE AGAIN jumping on whoever seems to look like they might be lynched? Screw sekinj, we'll lynch her later.

Unvote, vote OP

Would it be a good thing for each person to list their top 4 suspects? And decide the lynch from there, after people back up their suspicions for each then. We can narrow the suspect pool down, and decide who to lynch. It makes sense in my head, in a perfect scenario, but I don't think it'd be good. Just something that popped in my head, since we all are throwing out potential scum pairs.
Ok

EL/Snix, sekinj/OP
-StrangerCoug

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unlike everyone else, I'm not sure EL and Snix are a pair. I think EL is likely scum but would give only a slightly higher than normal chance of Snix being his buddy.

The sekinj/OP pair is basically a result of process of elimination I think, since not much really connects them. Both of them are definitely suspects for me but I'm not sure whether they are paired together.

I would still like to lynch sekinj. Mostly because of mik but she's not really helping herself much. That would be the only wagon I could really get behind 100%.

I could see almost anyone as the fourth scum, but off the top of my head FL and Snix would be my best guesses. If it's Snix he is likely with EL, if not then pair guesses would only be wild speculation for me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 am

Post by armlx »

Cephrir wrote:Unlike everyone else, I'm not sure EL and Snix are a pair. I think EL is likely scum but would give only a slightly higher than normal chance of Snix being his buddy.

The sekinj/OP pair is basically a result of process of elimination I think, since not much really connects them. Both of them are definitely suspects for me but I'm not sure whether they are paired together.

I would still like to lynch sekinj. Mostly because of mik but she's not really helping herself much. That would be the only wagon I could really get behind 100%.

I could see almost anyone as the fourth scum, but off the top of my head FL and Snix would be my best guesses. If it's Snix he is likely with EL, if not then pair guesses would only be wild speculation for me.
This post is pretty win.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:08 am

Post by sekinj »

?? I'm not doing any favors by making cases? no wonder this game died.

@ceph: If you have a case against me or my predecessor, I'd love to see it.

@armix: please explain yourself rather just piggy-backing on someone else. You said my case was slanted. Please explain.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 am

Post by armlx »

You are basically twisting everything there to look scummy.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:24 am

Post by sekinj »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Wait what? This is BS, and you know it. Um...let's see, one person was defending a case. The other one was pushing a case. THEY REQUIRE DIFFERENT RESPONSES!
they both called you the wrong gender. you didn't care the first time, and then the second time that was the very first thing you address. That is inconsistant.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Screams false dilemma.
Only the same one that armix pushed. If you are going to call me on it, call armix on it.
that doesn't sweep it under the rug. you were putting on way too much of a show.
forbiddanlight wrote:
You really are stupid, aren't you? Even as scum I can't know that EL is town. Two scum groups? Or did that slip your mind when you were partying with your buddy? Oh wait, shouldn't OMGUS.
No, I'm really not stupid. and even if I WAS scum like you are OMGUSing, when exactly would I have been "partying with my buddy"? today? or during the last night when I wasn't even in this game? "You really are stupid, aren't you?" You seem WAY too certain that EL will flip town to be voting him. You have at least 3 posts saying how much you think he is town or how unsurprised you will be when he flips town. If you are so unsure, why were you voting him for a month?
forbiddanlight wrote:
Hi, take a look at ANY OTHER GAME I'm in. I get overdefensive upon being attacked naturally. Part of it's my thought process that I know I'm town, and that anyone would attack me is ridiculously stupid (in my eyes)
Right. everyone who has not seen your role PM is ridiculously stupid... what a great defense... I really don't know what to say to that. you got me there.
forbiddanlight wrote:

Uh no. That was being a townie because I am one. I honestly disliked how the wagon appeared out of nowhere without anyone reconsidering. What the hell are you on?
I'm on mafiascum.net where we play the game of mafia. the way you play is that townpeople try to act town, and mafia try to act town as well.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Actually, it's more I don't pay much attention to early game stuff. I didn't think he'd be close to lynch that early, but I wanted to ask to make sure. And yes, I also didn't count the number of players in the game. My fault. Seriously, calling me out on not paying attention is one of the weakest attacks I've had yet.
When I am town, I tend to pay attention to who I'm trying to lynch because I'm trying to find scum. however, when I am scum, I tend to pay a little less attention since I already know. That's exactly what this looks like to me.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:25 am

Post by sekinj »

armlx wrote:You are basically twisting everything there to look scummy.
...because it is...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”