Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Wow, I need to head to class soon... but you're not even considering any alternatives at this point....

There's damn little he could have said in a claim to make me believe he's town, Jitsu. That's why I still support the wagon and didn't unvote.

I find this paragraph about my response to his claim to be very bullshit:

If I had said "oh wow, I REALLY believe him now" you'd have been like "OMG WTF changed stance!!" The way you are interpreting my response, I can't conceive of a way I'd have responded that would have made you say "Oh, reasonable response, points for Guardian."

In this same post, you've accused me of desperately trying to find my way out of being lynched... as if that is a scum tell. As I've said earlier, me being lynched is the worst possible contribution in the game I can make for my faction -- damn right I don't want to be lynched.

And your lack of open-minded ness is pretty appalling, you are predicating all possible suspicion of opie on the *assumption* that I am scum.

You're not even considering "oh, well if Guardian isn't scum, opie scum makes a lot more sense".

You're saying "oh, well Guardian *is* scum... now could opie possibly be scum fitting this into the information I already know (Guardian=scum)?"

I also dislike how you are piggybacking onto mine and other's suspicions of ChaosOmega -- setting up CO lynch 4 tomorrow ne1? And even then, your suspicion of CO is
predicated
on me being scum -- which is absolutely horrible play, since I'm not scum.

Minus points for Jitsu for complete closed-mindedness. I don't see a town basing that much of his game view on something he doesn't know, and is in fact incorrect about.

======================================================
Votecount #20

opie - 6 (Oman, ChaosOmega, pickemgenius, Guardian, Xylthixlm, Adel)

Guardian - 3 (opie, Incognito, Jitsu)

Not voting - 3 (Erg0, Patrick, Matt_S)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Deadline for D1: Saturday March 1, 10:55AM GMT+10
======================================================
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:52 am

Post by opie »

Jitsu, I am aware of the growing case against me. I don't respond to everyone because I feel that the there votes are premised primarily on Adel's case against me earlier in the day which I've already responded too. I haven't really heard any new allegations against me. Adel made his case. I made mine. People are going to have to decide for themselves. I didn't think getting into a post war with Adel would have helped my cause. Instead I continued to play the as I would otherwise. Further, I feel there are some on my wagon due to the deadline.

Guardian, is there a reason you keep using the word faction?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Guardian »

In class..

Yes -- I use faction because it isn't a town-tell, per-se, that I am trying to not get lynched. I'd do it as scum as well. I have grown to dislike the terminology "I owe it to the town... I am doing it for the town..." etc., implying that one's doing something is a town-tell, when it really isn't. See my discussion about this re: Jitsu's comments, earlier.
Do not lynch me.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Jitsu »

Guardian wrote:There's damn little he could have said in a claim to make me believe he's town, Jitsu. That's why I still support the wagon and didn't unvote.

I find this paragraph about my response to his claim to be very bullshit:

If I had said "oh wow, I REALLY believe him now" you'd have been like "OMG WTF changed stance!!" The way you are interpreting my response, I can't conceive of a way I'd have responded that would have made you say "Oh, reasonable response, points for Guardian."
Maybe not, since I don't believe you, but I wouldn't have attacked you further had you simply said that you didn't believe him and you were keeping your vote there. That would have at least sounded natural.

Saying that you 80% didn't believe his vanilla townie claim sounded strange, and asking the other players if another lynch could be found before deadline did not sound natural at all. It sounded like an attempt to set you up for unvoting Opie later if others were to agree, or an attempt to find a way off the wagon were Opie to come up town.
Guardian wrote:And your lack of open-minded ness is pretty appalling, you are predicating all possible suspicion of opie on the *assumption* that I am scum.
That's funny, because I believe I made several points about why I found Opie suspicious that had nothing to do with you. Would you like me to point them out for you?
Guardian wrote:I also dislike how you are piggybacking onto mine and other's suspicions of ChaosOmega -- setting up CO lynch 4 tomorrow ne1? And even then, your suspicion of CO is
predicated
on me being scum -- which is absolutely horrible play, since I'm not scum.
I think you have your facts mixed up again. I was the first one to question ChaosOmega on his suspicious post 420. It was in my post 444. And I followed up with another question after he responded because I didn't like his answer. As far as I can see, you did not mention your suspicion of ChaosOmega until well after that, in 476.

In addition, I cited several other reasons why I thought ChaosOmega is scum that have nothing to do with you. Again, maybe I can point those out for you?

I would be much more willing to entertain the possibility of your innocence if you didn't keep screwing up.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Guardian »

=P.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Guardian »

Clarification: There is a possibility that I don't think particularly clearly when being attacked. =P.
Do not lynch me.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Erg0 »

Guardian wrote:I wouldn't have believed a power role... I like 80% don't believe this.
I have to ask: why would you have believed a power role claim? This implies that you're voting for someone that you think has a good chance of being a power role.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Erg0 »

Oh crap, never mind - I can't read. :?
V/LA most weekends.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

The only other option that I see is getting a claim from Guardian. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather get another claim on day 1.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Patrick »

I think I'd take a Guardian lynch over an opie lynch, though neither one is as good as the hype IMHO. I'm still iffy on Guardians reaction to Adel's provocation; if he knows that Adel does weird shit to incite reactions, I don't see how what she did was scummy, if it wasn't scummy, I don't see why he called her on it if he thought she might have had powerole information clearing him (which I still think is a weird thing to cross someone's mind anyway). I'm also not keen on the makeup of the opie wagon, which seems to have quite a few poor or casual votes on it, which I think is more likely to happen on a day 1 townie wagon. ChaosOmega's in one I mentioned already, but I don't much care for Oman's contribution to it either which was just an agreement with most of Adel's case and has sat there ever since.

After preview, Matt's last seems bizarre. Why would you rather have a second claim on day 1?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Erg0 »

I've doen some re-evaluations now that I've got a little more time, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't support either of the current lynch options. Based on his play so far, I'd be surprised if opie isn't just what he says he is. This wagon reeks of the classic day 1 mislynch - opie's biggest mistake was putting his neck on the line by going after Guardian, and now he's become the easiest deadline lynch. Guardian isn't really giving me a scum vibe overall, though that attempt to create a false dilemma on the last page didn't help.

My most likely scum right now are Xyl, Oman and ChaosOmega.

The behaviour I noted from Xyl in 242 has been reinforced by his weak opie vote - there was no obligation to join either wagon, and if he's ambivalent then he would have been better off staying away rather than making an unreasoned vote to save the person he thought was more likely town.

Oman was on the opie wagon early, but hasn't pushed it at all. The sudden endorsement on the last page looks like the play of someone who knows he's stuck on the wagon and wants to make it look good.

ChaosOmega is playing exactly the same way that he did in Clerks, where he was scum. Normally I don't take lurking as much of a sign either way, but he was somewhat more active in a newbie game I modded where he was town, so I see this as a semi-tell for him.

Vote: Xylthixlm
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Patrick »

I actually wouldn't mind a stampede of Oman or ChaosOmega at this point. Dunno about Xyl, I might just have a reread of him in isolation in the next hour to see what I think about him.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Guardian »

Matt_S wrote:The only other option that I see is getting a claim from Guardian. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather get another claim on day 1.
Why would you rather have more players claim than fewer players claim?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm going to re-read Oman. I think I might have let him skate by in my head because I love him so much.
Do not lynch me.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Guardian wrote:
Matt_S wrote:The only other option that I see is getting a claim from Guardian. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather get another claim on day 1.
Why would you rather have more players claim than fewer players claim?
you beat me by 2 minutes

asshole.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Patrick »

I beat Guardian by 13 minutes.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Guardian »

Patrick beat us both, but he didn't use a whole post on it, and I like my phrasing better. :)
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Guardian »

Sarnarth'd
Do not lynch me.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Oman »

HoS Matt_S

Silly searcher.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Erg0, your list is missing Matt_S.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Adel »

I think this day has produced enough information, and tonight will produce more.

I do not want to see another claim.

I called the Matt_S & opie scumpir pages ago, and I'll be as confident of Matt_S's lynch tomorrow as I am of opie's today.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Erg0 »

So we should just lynch opie because there's no time to build another wagon (Guardian) and we don't want another claim (Adel)?

There's nearly a week until deadline and activity is high, we have plenty of time to swing another lynch if there's agreement. A second claim won't harm us if it's a forced claim from scum. If nobody's comfortable hammering then nobody should.

That said, if you
are
comfortable hammering opie then go right ahead. I just won't be the one to do it.
V/LA most weekends.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Adel »

that is about three "if"s more than I like to see.

hammer, please.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm using the word "if" to allow others the room to make their own judgements.

In summary: I won't hammer, but others should feel free to. They should not, however, feel that they are obligated to do so.
V/LA most weekends.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Oman »

I agree with Adel on the "Ifs"

Erg0, you're playing in a strange way at the moment. Saying things I wouldn't expect you to.

Hammer please.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”