California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 26 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
11 to lynch.

LoudmouthLee: 7 (Cubsfan4ever, Battle Mage/jeep, IH/Oman, Mgm, Skruffs, Thesp, xyzzy)
Cubsfan4ever: 3 (foolinc, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha)
Skruffs: 2 (Dragon Phoenix, VitaminR)
Dragon Phoenix: 1 (Adele)
foolinc: 1 (Tamuz/Thestatusquo)
Battle Mage/jeep: 1 (LoudmouthLee)
Mgm: 1 (Gaspar/PlaysWithSquirrels)
IH/Oman: 1 (logicticus)
xyzzy: 1 (Zindaras)

Current Condorcet Winner:
LoudmouthLee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.

Please double-check your lists for errors, particularly regarding replacements. If a player occurs more than once on a list, only the first listing is accepted. If a player does not occur on a list, that player is put at the end of the list.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Mgm »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
wikipedia wrote:Pierre Picaud was a shoemaker who was living in Paris in 1807. Picaud was engaged to marry a rich woman, but four jealous friends falsely accused him of being a spy for England. He was imprisoned for seven years. During his imprisonment a dying fellow prisoner bequeathed him a treasure hidden in Milan. When Picaud was released in 1814, he took possession of the treasure, returned under another name to Paris and spent ten years plotting his successful revenge against his former friends. His life was used as the basis of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, père.
Was his life the basis for the story or the Count of Monte Christo himself? I'm kind of weary he's an inspiration rather than an actual character from the book.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Gaspar »

His life was the basis/inspiration behind the novel. However, I'm not sure what makes you think that all roles must be characters in the book. If you are protown, you're bleeding information that you probably don't want to reveal. Remember that this game is "Dantes in Fresno" and that it is "based (very) loosely" on the novel.

Also, I'd be okay with Adele as an alternate lynch. The whole "I'm going to sheep" thing doesn't sit well with me.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Adele »

Gaspar wrote:Also, I'd be okay with Adele as an alternate lynch. The whole "I'm going to sheep" thing doesn't sit well with me.
Heh. Yeah, I can see why :P . Would you prefer "I'll consent to the whims of the town at large in meeting the primary goal, of at least avoiding a no-lynch today"?

"sheep" was more concise, but an maligned term in mafia.

Does the plan
itself
offend you? I mean, I'm not going to turn a majority onto anyone at this stage, so my usefulness is not in my argumentative powers but my contribution of a vote, to my mind.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 am

Post by Gaspar »

No. Unless your vote removes us from having a Concordet winner, you should be voting for whomever
you
believe is scummiest. Remember that we don't necessarily need a majority before deadline to secure a lynch.

Unvote
Vote: Adele
, Mgm, CES, LoudmouthLee, foolinc, Dragon Phoenix, [logicticus, Pooky, Talitha, Tamuz, Thesp, Xyzzy, Zindaras, VitaminR], [Cubsfan, Skruffs, IH, Dani Banani], Battle Mage, No Lynch, Gaspar
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Mgm »

Gaspar wrote:If you are protown, you're bleeding information that you probably don't want to reveal.
It might've revealed I'm a character from the book, but I don't think that's a disaster. It still doesn't tell the mafia a bloody thing.
Show
Dani Banani
Dani Banani
Townie
Dani Banani
Townie
Townie

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:46 am

Post by Dani Banani »

well obviously BattleMage is not the play for today... hopefully the lynch and tonight's night actions will provide us with a lot of useful information...

vote: LoudmouthLee
, Mgm, Skruffs, [everyone else], Dani Banani
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Adele »

Gaspar wrote:No. Unless your vote removes us from having a Concordet winner, you should be voting for whomever
you
believe is scummiest. Remember that we don't necessarily need a majority before deadline to secure a lynch.
i'd be more comfortable with that idea if I understood Concordet voting. Has anyone found a good summary of it's likely implications? It seems to fuzz things up. For example:
Gaspar wrote:we don't
necessarily
need a majority before deadline to secure a lynch.
That's fuzzy.
Cubsfan4ever
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Cubsfan4ever
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:51 am

Post by Cubsfan4ever »

I think that we should just go ahead with a LML lynch for today. I think of all the options it's the most solid one and we'll get the most possible good out of it today. If you all let me live I'll make more of an effort to be a greater contributing force to the town.
Unban me please

At the very least, at least respond to my unanswered PMs mith.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Mgm »

About that Iocane powder used at the start of the day. It seems that it comes from the "Princess Bride" film. That film is not set in California -- it's filmed in the UK.
The only character from that film I can reasonably tie to the theme is Count Tyrone Rugen (Christopher Guest), meaning I suspect we might have a group of scum Counts on our hands.
Show
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

If you want to see the implications of certain list changes, you can just change the info in mith's links and input them. You get to see if there's a Condorcet winner and who.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Glork »

Adele wrote:
Gaspar wrote:No. Unless your vote removes us from having a Concordet winner, you should be voting for whomever
you
i'd be more comfortable with that idea if I understood Concordet voting. Has anyone found a good summary of it's likely implications? It seems to fuzz things up. For example:
Gaspar wrote:we don't
necessarily
need a majority before deadline to secure a lynch.
That's fuzzy.
That's not fuzzy at all. It is not necessary to have a majority at deadline to get a lynch. Case in point: The current vote count. Seems pretty clear to me.

Anyway, Adele, if you're not going to vote on your own, I'd at least like to hear your opinion on some players. You are absolutely not going to slide by without contributing, especially if you're around and we're near deadline.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:59 am

I would imagine the Iocaine Powder's just a reference, Mgm. I'm not expecting it to show up any more than I'm expecting spontaneous combustion to show up.

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Talitha »

vote: cubsfan
, [Oman, Dani, xyzzy], [Lee, Adele, Zindaras]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Actually, i'm becoming less sure about an LML lynch now. The votes on Skruffs by DP and VitR seem irrational at best-scummy at worst. Skruffs is bottom of my suspect list right now, and i'm intrigued to see that people are still pushing his lynch. Not only that, but VitR's concordet list is totally dumbfounding to me... lol
On the other hand, it's very hard to trust someone who is clinically lurking when his presence is perhaps most valuable. A claim from LML should be forthcoming.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Adele »

Glork wrote:Anyway, Adele, if you're not going to vote on your own, I'd at least like to hear your opinion on some players. You are absolutely not going to slide by without contributing, especially if you're around and we're near deadline.
Which players? I'm not "around" around; I'm posting from a webcafe and if I wanna eat tonight (I do) I've pretty much gotta go now. I can't spend whole evenings onsite in the forseeable future; it's just not tenable. I'll be on again tomorrow and I'll explain what you ask me to explain and stand by my commitment (to vote as needed
if that is necessary to get a lynch
; the important thing is to avoid a no-lynch).

As to now, gtg. Sorry.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Zindaras »

I can't say that I find BM's claim extremely convincing. Pierre Picaud isn't an extremely likely role. I'll have to hand it to him though that he sure managed to wrap it all in a nice package, with the comparison to a Cop. However, this is a Burglar, not a Cop. I also don't see how flavour correlates to role.

On the other hand, scum Burglars tend to be fairly unlikely roles, so that's a plus. I've also been doubting a lot about Lee, whose list does not seem to make a whole lot of sense, so I think it's better to switch my votes around a bit. I need to do some further reading. Lee and xyzzy are pretty much equal at this point.

As an aside, I forgot to quote this:
I'd also like more people to provide input on xyzzy.
Vote: xyzzy
, LoudmouthLee, [Skruffs, foolinc], [Adele, Cogito Ergo Sum, Cubsfan4ever, logicticus, Dani Banani, IH, Gaspar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, Thesp, Tamuz], [VitaminR, Dragon Phoenix, Mgm], Battle Mage, No Lynch, Zindaras
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Zindy, for someone who doesnt entirely believe my claim, i am surprised at my positioning on your concordet list...
I dont know what you mean by a 'Burglar' either. My flavour did however suggest that my presence in the game was due to me being dragged into fiction or something similar, so i guess that fits.
BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Mgm »

Well, the part from wikipedia that said: "During his imprisonment a dying fellow prisoner bequeathed him a treasure hidden in Milan. When Picaud was released in 1814, he took possession of the treasure" fits with the burglar role, but it doesn't explain why he didn't claim some spy type role instead of a burglar as spy seems a more telling part of his character.
Show
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Dragged into fiction? This reminds me of Pooky's claim of Stephen Hawking. What is the flavour-explanation of your ability? A Burglar is a role which gets artifacts or information regarding people's roles. Like getting a magnifying glass from a forensic, things like that.

As far as your position on the list goes, I figure that you probably shouldn't be lynched today, and the Smith Set stuff confuses the living hell out of me, so I'm just making sure.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

well i dont get items. just information. Ill paraphrase my role pm tomorrow hopefully.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:41 am

Zindaras wrote:This reminds me of Pooky's claim of Stephen Hawking.
I'm gonna call this a Freudian slip and say you're attracted to wheelchairs.

BM, what's preventing you from paraphrasing your role PM today rather than tomorrow?

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Skruffs »

IH
- I didn't count it explicitly as two families because it says that the trio killers were only mafia like. I thought it was two families, but the first post suggests otherwise - a band of three SKs or something. Do your research!
Why would I consider this game an exception? IT is themed around a book, but other than that, I am not sure what you are saying is exceptional about it. Of course, ANY game run by Mr. Gray will be exceptional in it's lay out. Is there something exceptional about this game in your opinion, IH, that you would say something like that?

Logicticus's point abuot someone knowing there was two families was already addressed. If someone were to start off in a small mafia group, they might assume there is another small mafia group as well (or, as logicticus pointed out, a cult). Someone who is IN a mafia has a better idea, right now, than someone who isn't, about thye size of scum groups and thus the likelihood fo there being more than one.

Pooky

Could you address my questions before deadline?

VitaminR
Same goes to you -
If it wasn't baiting me, what was it?
Did you think LML's change of heart was genuine?
Why have you been on LML's side the entire day? You've defended his actions constantly, but never once directed a question to him. How can you be so sure that he is town that you basically have no interest intalking to him?
Also, you would still rather lynch a cop role than no lynch?

BM

I only think I got to -4, with DP's 7th vote on me.

CES

Never played Goats Mafia. I agree that there is no reason to, but my experience is that it usually does.
Also, do you mean my attempts to paint the people who were band wagoning ME in a scummy light? I only attacked some of them, because only SOME of them were band wagoning me in a scummy way. Otherwise you're just voting me for being defensive, as far as I can tell.

Dragon Phoenix

You seem to use "I haven't been convinced otherwise" quite a lot, but I am NOT seeing you giving any options on how to be convinced. I believe that you are using that statement to avoid giving people the oppurtunity to clear themselves in your eyes, which is, latently, an aversion to scum hunting. If you felt that cubs was likely scum regardless of my alignment, then why is he further down on your list than I Am? The original reasoning of your vote on me was because a bandwagoning is the thing to do. Now you bandwagoned BM and then, moved
back to me
, long after that band wagon has ended. THe obvious choice for someone to be bandwagoning (if that's really your only intentions) is to vote loudmouthlee, isn't it?

VitaminR, Dragon Phoenix, Gaspar, Dani Banani, Zindaras
-
You would rather lynch a claimed cop role than yourself or no lynch?

LoudMouthLee

I'm probably not going to unvote you unless you do something remarkable, or claim, before deadline tomorrow.

Side note to future readers: VitaminR and Cubs playing similarly 'behind' other, more obvious players.

Vote : LoudMouthLee
[DP, VitaminR, Pooky, Cubs, MGM, logicticus, xyzzy], [no lynch], [battle mage, skruffs, talitha]
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by logicticus »

updating my voting:

vote IH/oman,
mgm, cubs, [adele, foolinc], [everyone not mentioned], no lynch, battle mage, logicticus
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Zindaras wrote:This reminds me of Pooky's claim of Stephen Hawking.
I'm gonna call this a Freudian slip and say you're attracted to wheelchairs.
Oh. Was it someone else? >.>

Oh, Stephen King? Well, it's only a difference of 3 letters... >.>
Skruffs wrote:You would rather lynch a claimed cop role than yourself or no lynch?
Yeah. Of course. I don't find it very likely that BM is lying, but there's the possibility. He's hardly a confirmed innocent with this claim.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”