spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:44 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm still shocked over the speed lynching... especially with certain players whom I know like to drag things a bit. :lol: I actually wished I could have played in this game, it'd have been the only game with day 8 at page 20.

I think jl2704 caused quite a bit of trouble. If we'd had a better scum, I can see this game going either way.
Blank.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Thesp »

Mr Stoofer wrote:And thanks very much for modding spectrumvoid. You did a good job and I'd sign up for one of your games again. It's always difficult to know how much to prod and when to replace, but I think you got it about right.
Agreed. Thanks, spectrumvoid!
VitaminR wrote:Stoofer, I think you played a great game. You weren't really lynched for not voting townies, though. Firstly, you were lynched fairly late. It was 7 townies to 1 scum at one point. Just from random lynches, the last scum was bound to come up at some point. Secondly, it was as much a process of deduction as it was hunting for scum. Thirdly, the fact that a player doesn't find the way you voted scum believable in retrospect isn't necessarily a sign that your play was too perfect, nor that voting more townies would have helped.
Agreed. In fact, as I argued in-game, it was as much as what other people said more than what you actually said, Stoof.
Mr Stoofer wrote:I was responsible for killing off both jl2704 and Ripley. At the time I felt I had no choice but to do this. In retrospect I'm not so sure.
There's an argument to be made that if jl2704 got lynched later, it would have made things more difficult for the town, but there's no way to know whether that made the difference or not. I do think the best attempt at a strategy for a game like this for scum is to act as a Serial Killer without a side (until close to LyLo for the town), but I don't know if that's accurate, and it requires a similar commitment from everyone in the scumteam. Even then, most mortals (myself included) still can't help but give away some of your leanings.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and I hope I didn't aggravate too many people. :) I'm glad I didn't have to choose between Pooky and Cephrir at the end!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:27 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

:oops:
Blank.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Zindaras »

spectrumvoid wrote:I must admit I consulted a few people like Zindaras to ask for advice over the pooky issue.
Better that you ask other people than that you are convinced that your own decision is the right one and it turns out not to be.

Not a whole lot to say for the rest, just thinking that voidybuns did a good job at hosting it.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:34 am

Post by IH »

Sweet. I would have been extremely mad if Cephrir had been scum, and I got lynched for being "psychotic"

Also, I'd say this is the best one of Pooky's lil proposals went, even if they weren't really followed.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Nightfall »

*Grumbles* Damn you Thesp...... Revenge shall be mine....

Sorry to leave you alone in there for so long Stoof...

I had been acting the same way in nearly all of my games and then suddenly Thesp starts calling for my head on a platter...

Anyways GG guys, Thanks for the mod SV, and SCUM SHALL RETURN!
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 5:37 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”