Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:19 pm

Post by TierShift »

Prod doge
Paschendale wrote:Here's your assignment, Cx. Tell me what alignment three players are and why. Any three. Well, three that aren't dead or you. Contribute SOMETHING.
In post 491, Dry-fit wrote:Okay reread tomorrow for real.
Now make this happen
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:17 am

Post by Empking »

In post 499, Kenobi wrote:
Empking wrote:I think Ken is scum for unrelated reasons so Aj must be town.
Explain.
Read the two sentences previous.

Pasch: You're right.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Kenobi »

I meant, why do you still think I'm scum?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm actually interested in that information as well.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Blatant Prod dodge...

Some calc homework is calling my name. On a rather quick note, Empking's post on Ken and I are complete bullshit and he knows it. There's no attempt to be anything but evasive.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 am

Post by Empking »

In post 502, Kenobi wrote:I meant, why do you still think I'm scum?
1. Looking for reasons to vote someone, rather than looking for scum.
2. Pretending that's a good thing.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Espeonage »

Vote Count

Paschendale:
Bulbazak, Whiskers
TierShift:
Empking, Paschendale, Dry-fit
Empking:
Kenobi, Tiershift, Aj The Epic, Maxous (L-2)
Not Voting:
cxinlee, Psyche

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Don't @ me.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by cxinlee »

pasch, later. Most of my reads at the moment are based on a feeling (Like bulba put it, experience+gut) have and can't be explained in words now.

Empking: I have to disagree about ken scum. Confirmation bias is typical in newbtown, I wouldn't consider it a scumtell
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Okay finally got that reread in. I still like Tier for scum for reasons I've already given.
Pasch and emp very very much look like scumbuddies to me.
Also this is either delusional or scum.

Before my reread Bulba was a secret scumread of mine, but after reading again I think he's town. His picking fights matches his town meta and his arguments against Empking are convoluted enough that I think they're coming from town. So I'm thinking Bulba vs. Emp is town Vs. town.

I'm also thinking the cx wagon was a distraction and that he's town. The scummy players on his wagon are of course Tier and Maxous. I haven't seen anything terribly town from Maxous, and his last attack on Empking, saying that he's scum because all of his suspects suspected him, looks like fake scumhunting to me.

Pasch looks very town for his early play, and nothing since then has made me change my view on him.

I'm not really liking Psyche. He's been very indecisive and possibly taking advantage of the fact we aren't calling him out for his lack of stances.

Kenobi is probably scum. I feel like he's been buddying me. And his early posting from the sidelines looked scummier on a reread than the first time. Also his interactions with Tiershift make them look like buddies from me. Kenobi has been defending Tier this game day
In post 507, cxinlee wrote:pasch, later. Most of my reads at the moment are based on a feeling (Like bulba put it, experience+gut) have and can't be explained in words now.
Even if you can't explain them, you can at least tell us what they are.
I think scum is in Tier/Kenobi/Maxous/Psyche.

I also find it kind of strange that most people are townreading me this game, but whatevs.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 508, Dry-fit wrote:I also find it kind of strange that most people are townreading me this game, but whatevs.
Aye, me too.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 508, Dry-fit wrote:Okay finally got that reread in. I still like Tier for scum for reasons I've already given.
Pasch and emp very very much look like scumbuddies to me.
Also this is either delusional or scum.
Explain. Also the first part.
I'm also thinking the cx wagon was a distraction and that he's town. The scummy players on his wagon are of course Tier and Maxous. I haven't seen anything terribly town from Maxous, and his last attack on Empking, saying that he's scum because all of his suspects suspected him, looks like fake scumhunting to me.
What is this, wagon analysis without a flip? Regarding a wagon you were on?
Pasch looks very town for his early play, and nothing since then has made me change my view on him.
This is pretty easy now, isn't it? What about all the recent happenings around pasch? Is all of that wrong? I didn't hear you about it earlier when we were attacking pasch. Why don't you defend your townread?
Kenobi is probably scum. I feel like he's been buddying me. And his early posting from the sidelines looked scummier on a reread than the first time. Also his interactions with Tiershift make them look like buddies from me. Kenobi has been defending Tier this game day
That's pretty shit reasoning right there, pretty much the same I got called out for wrt zekrom. Bulba has also been defending me, scumteam found? Get out.

Try if you're town at least, because this looks scummy as fuck.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:19 am

Post by cxinlee »

My reads haven't changed much since my last post, where I mentioned all my townreads.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Maxous »

sorry, will get to this tomorrow, I know i've been slacking off.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

TierShift wrote:Explain. Also the first part.
I'm not explaining again why I think you're scum just read my posts.

Pasch is obvtown and his interactions with Empking look nothing like buddies to me. A post like brings a lot of attention to Empking. And Pasch has been directing attention toward him in other ways by calling him buddies with Bulba. I don't think a scumbuddy would want any more attention on Empking than there already is.
TierShift wrote:Is all of that wrong? I didn't hear you about it earlier when we were attacking pasch. Why don't you defend your townread?
My read is stronger now because I just reread the thread. Also Pasch is in no danger here.
TeirShift wrote: That's pretty shit reasoning right there, pretty much the same I got called out for wrt zekrom. Bulba has also been defending me, scumteam found? Get out.
Well to tell you the truth it doesn't have a ton to do with reasoning at all. Kenobi is largely a gut read. I have independent reasons to think Bulba is town, and your interactions have looked fishy to me since day 1.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 508, Dry-fit wrote:Kenobi is probably scum. I feel like he's been buddying me. And his early posting from the sidelines looked scummier on a reread than the first time. Also his interactions with Tiershift make them look like buddies from me. Kenobi has been defending Tier this game day
Kenobi said the exact same thing about Zekrom. Look how that ended up.
Dry-fit wrote:

I'm not really liking Psyche. He's been very indecisive and possibly taking advantage of the fact we aren't calling him out for his lack of stances.

I think scum is in Tier/Kenobi/Maxous/Psyche.

I also find it kind of strange that most people are townreading me this game, but whatevs.
So some issues. A. The Cx wagon is mainly my own personal project later this game. I don't care what tier is, he'll reveal himself through Emp's flip (it isn't town v town with tier vs emp...) and Max has been on my town list for a while. Psyche has been largely inactive. I don't appreciate it, but I can't say that early game, much was different with the whole playerlist anyways.

Lastly, if you're worried about people town reading you, take comfort in the fact that I'm fairly certain you're scum.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I apologize for derailing things when I'm the subject of discussion, but let's be honest, I'm a terrible wagon.

But on to derailing. I'm moving tomorrow and will be V/LA for a bit. Probably until at least the weekend.

So let's say
V/LA until Sunday.
I'll be back by then, assuming that my internet gets hooked up on time.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Paschendale wrote:I apologize for derailing things when I'm the subject of discussion, but let's be honest, I'm a terrible wagon.
In what way are you a terrible wagon?
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Nevermind, he's gone. Anyways, @Dry, I find it interesting that you think I'm 'buddying' you; could you give some examples?

I'm fairly convinced at this point that emp is scum, but as Whiskers said
In post 465, Whiskers wrote:Oh, I should also mention here, because it's as good a time as any: Empking does this. Those of you fighting to lynch Empking should know that, you won't lynch empking, because there's simply not enough, or his scumteam is helping him, or something. You will not lynch him early on, and if you keep trying to, you will just end up wasting a bunch of time trying to lynch him early on. Try lynching him later, when there's more content of his (and general game-content, like flips) to analyze. If he's scum, he'll keep being pretty apparently scum, but if I remember Empking right, he does butterfly eventually as town and can be really useful and good, if you can just play
around
him for the first few days.
So for now I'm going to leave emp alone, I've gotten a pretty good read on him and unless he does something to drastically change that, I'll be chasing him up later on. For now, though, I need to look at others.

So. As I've said fairly recently, I feel that Aj is definitely town, and Whiskers still feels towny to me as well. Whiskers has been super quiet the last few days, though, and to be honest this whole game has slowed to a crawl.

Max is still sitting completely under the radar, but that's more because he's done little more than prod dodge the last few days. I'm hoping he posts something else soon, because there's not much for me to go off of.

Reading over Max's ISO has however reminded me that Pasch still hasn't explained why he's obv-town; I would really like some reasoning for that statement when he gets back; as it is, his recent behaviour's making me feel like he's leaning scum more than town. Switching to Tier with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer aside, his posts are all words and no content.

Tier's got a towny feel about him, but I'm going to be reading over his ISO in the next day or so; I want to see if I can see where Dry's getting his ideas from. Also, Tier's subtle buddying in #496 is kind of suspicious, a la
Onto another topic, me, Kenobi, Whiskers and bulba all think creepily much alike, which I think is a good sign.
The Tiershift wagon's an interesting one, and given that there's no other real leads, I'll be following that up next.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Vote: Dry-fit
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 517, Kenobi wrote: So for now I'm going to leave emp alone, I've gotten a pretty good read on him and unless he does something to drastically change that, I'll be chasing him up later on. For now, though, I need to look at others.
If you were going to leave Emp alone, why are you keeping your vote on him?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:43 pm

Post by Kenobi »

Good point bulba.
unvote
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 490, Bulbazak wrote:I've stated repeatedly why I find Pasch scummy in general. There were some more specific instances that I pointed out yesterday, but they're buried in my ISO, and I don't feel like trying to find them.
I was asking why he is scummier than empking to you when you're reasoning upon voting him was 'not as town as others think he is and he is town-leading scum' (while not really showing where).
You're empking stuff looked more convincing (to me), yet you opted for the pasch vote.
Also looking through your ISO your reasoning for pasch-scum is..
- scumreads based on bad reasoning
- uncanny sense of self awareness
- pushing newb tells as scum tells

Why keep saying 'there's stuff in my D1 ISO' instead of just quickly going through that and clarifing 'this is why pasch is scum'
I'm wondering how much conviction you have in pushing him over the line to a lynch.
In post 490, Bulbazak wrote: Emp is voting Tier, because Tier voted him. He is justifying that vote by saying he's scum with me. I see that vote as a joke, so I didn't feel the need to address it.
Again, you could say 'hey guys, this bs vote is a joke!!'
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 483, Whiskers wrote:However, I think it might be a better tactic to lynch scum, by which, of course, I mean Dry-fit.
In post 509, Whiskers wrote:
In post 508, Dry-fit wrote:I also find it kind of strange that most people are townreading me this game, but whatevs.
Aye, me too.
In post 518, Whiskers wrote:
Vote: Dry-fit
I know we are all being lethargic and stuff but you were specifically asked why dry-fit was scum after the first post and you decided the best way to push dry-fit as scum is to be as obtuse as humanly possible despite you acknowledging that practically everybody in the game is town-reading him.
This will convince people he is scum how exactly. Looks pretty bs.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Psyche »

@Mod: sorry i am terrible and very busy and don't want things to worsen and so now beg for replacement and your forgiveness after a reasonable but extensive amount of time >_<
You can't step in the same river twice.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 508, Dry-fit wrote: I haven't seen anything terribly town from Maxous, and his last attack on Empking, saying that he's scum because all of his suspects suspected him, looks like fake scumhunting to me.
Problems with empking's play:

*If somebody is calling you scum it is an effective response to call them scum back if you can find an opening to attack. This forces the player to defend themselves which takes the bite out of their attack on you and deflects attention from yourself onto your attacker because other players in the game will be forced to look at both players instead of just you. I would do it as scum. He's done this 3 times.
* His bulbazak scum-read: i thought the initaial vote was fine - I could understand it - but emp is still riding on it since post #33? I know emp will respond 'well bulb is still wrong about eveything' but come on.
* He is voting tier-shift for bulb buddy interactions while bulb is unflipped. I feel like it's disingenuous.
* I was wrong about my initial assessment of the zekrom comment. He did'nt town-read Zek, no he simply expected him to flip town because he is so convinced about 2 players being scum. Kay? (kinda makes me question why he bothers with seperating null and town reads but very minor point)
*#446 is a waffly non-answer to a simple question and it's something that I remember scum players doing more than town.
*I think his response in #497 is scummy. Not saying 'insulting somebody is scummy' per se, but the manner in which he did so is. I clearly misunderstood the comment and it was very understandable given Emp did'nt give a stance/comment on zekrom before the lynch, but emp goes to default scum-play #2. If you can't call them scum, insult them. It was awkward and unneeded.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”