Newbie 705 - Oh God, My Newbies! (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by fleurdelys »

i can see that he is the one who voted for mango, but mango got only one vote, so this might be seen as a scummy way of protecting a partner
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

LifeStandsStill: 2 (JordanA24, Mango)
Mango: 2 (The World No.1 Noob, LifeStandsStill)
The World No.1 Noob: 1 (Rishi)
Rishi: 1 (dreambri23)
fleurdelys: 1 (Hoopla)

Not Voting: 2 (mr. chompy!, fleurdelys)
fleurdelys wrote:I like LifeStandsStill way of thinking, and it would be stupid to lynch him just because he got too many random votes

Unvote: LifeStandsStill
I've counted this as a general unvote.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Rishi »

fleurdelys wrote:
Mango wrote:Agreed, let's plaaaaaaay =<

My vote was really just random, so if LifeStandsStill can defend himself, I'll withdraw my vote.
- i really don't like this post, mango- first of all, nobody accuses you of not random voting, so strongly defending the 'non-randomness' of your voting is a little odd at this stage. secondly, as hoopla says, why would LifeStandsStill defend himself? Did he/she do anything scummy? If so, i haven't noticed. I am positive about him/her being more active in the game, especially now when he has been voted by two people (me and you) so it would be good if he could say something. however, the truth is that there is nothing much to be said if our votes are random, because i wouldn't expect anyone to claim his role at this situation, so what else can we expect?
FoS: Mango
Yeah, I think fleurdelys nailed it here. What is LifeStandsStill defending herself against? Also, Mango, you can't try to encourage other people to play without actually playing yourself. I don't like those statements where people say, "Why is no one posting?!" Provide some content. Don't just complain.

Anyway,
Unvote

FoS: Mango
. Since Mango already has a couple votes, I don't want to put a third vote on him. But, I do want an answer to that question. What is LifeStandsStill defending himself against.

Welcome to the new players who have never played Mafia before! Let's hope it's everything you hoped it would be. I just urge you guys to have a little patience. These games tend to move slowly on this site. The quality of play is much higher than other sites, though, so it's a tradeoff. But lynches might take a while.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

mr. chompy! wrote: This is my first game of Mafia so hopefully I will do a good job! I always wanted to play it and I can't wait to start catching some Mafia! So here goes, I guess I will try the asking a question thing. It will go to LifeStandsStill. Do you think what Mango said means he is Mafia? He said he is also new to the game, maybe he just didn't think about what he said because he's new. Or at least that seems like what it is to me.
Which post are you referencing?

I presume the one where Mango asks for a defense for a random vote - Despite is being unusual, I just see it as a newbie tell more so than anything else. I'm more worried about fluer's eagerness to jump in with an agree post (42), justified with a rubbish reason - bonus points for unvoting without actually voting that person.
LifeStandsStill
LifeStandsStill
Townie
LifeStandsStill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 am

Post by LifeStandsStill »

mr. chompy! wrote: So here goes, I guess I will try the asking a question thing. It will go to LifeStandsStill. Do you think what Mango said means he is Mafia? He said he is also new to the game, maybe he just didn't think about what he said because he's new. Or at least that seems like what it is to me.
I believe I had said that Mango seemed scummy to me, which with that I meant that I am thinking Mango
could
be Mafia. I see your point about Mango being new, and maybe he/she didn't think about what they said because of the fact that he/she is new.

I've seen the abbreviation, FoS, and decided to look it up- now that I know what that is, it better fits my situation at the moment.

Unvote

FoS Mango

I am a little suspicious of you being so defensive for Mango, but just a little. And no, this isn't a question I am asking you to answer...

I will not vote Mango since he/she has not posted in a bit. Like I said, this FoS thing fits my situation at the moment.
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:15 am

Post by fleurdelys »

Hoopla wrote: I'm more worried about fluer's eagerness to jump in with an agree post (42), justified with a rubbish reason - bonus points for unvoting without actually voting that person.
What was an agree post you are talking about? I have checked it and in post 42 I only say that I like LifeStandsStill's logic. Basically, I just like people who think logically and that is why I wrote it.
I have already apologised for unvoting the person I haven't even voted on. It was my mistake, because when looking at the official vote count I saw my name in the brackets. And I am sorry for that.
Yes, agree that this might be Mango's newbie mistake but all of us are newbies and that way we can always find this explanation reasonable. Also, Mango has not yet answered the accusations, and this does definitely not help him. However, I am open for his argument and happy to be persuaded if his reasons are good.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Rishi »

fleurdelys wrote: Yes, agree that this might be Mango's newbie mistake but all of us are newbies and that way we can always find this explanation reasonable. Also, Mango has not yet answered the accusations, and this does definitely not help him. However, I am open for his argument and happy to be persuaded if his reasons are good.
Okay, I explain this in every newbie game, but there are people who still don't get it.

Mango has stopped posting. Mango is not lurking. There is a difference. You didn't use the word "lurking" but you strongly implied it.

Mango has not posted in any games or threads at all since her last post here. That means she probably hasn't had time to log on because she's busy in real life - which could happen for dozens of reasons. For all we know, she might have figured out that Mafia wasn't for her and quit. Who knows?

So, no, it does not make Mango more suspicious that she hasn't answered the accusations. If she posted since she's been accused and ignored the accusations, it would be scummy. If she was posting in other threads and ignoring this one, that would be scummy. But simply not posting is a null-tell.

Just because some people don't have time to log on every ten minutes like you seem to doesn't mean they are lurking or ignoring the game. Things move slowly. Show some patience.
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by fleurdelys »

I think you read too much from what I write. I have never said that not answering the accusation makes Mango (I'm sorry for treating her as a male) more suspicious. I have only said that not answering does not help her, but I did not say that it makes her situation worse.
I obviously understand that people don't always have time. But she has been really active at the beginning, and now when really needed she's just disappeared.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:29 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Prodding Mango, dreambri23 and The World No.1 Noob.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Rishi »

fleurdelys wrote:I think you read too much from what I write. I have never said that not answering the accusation makes Mango (I'm sorry for treating her as a male) more suspicious. I have only said that not answering does not help her, but I did not say that it makes her situation worse.
I obviously understand that people don't always have time. But she has been really active at the beginning, and now when really needed she's just disappeared.
Fair enough. Still, I think it was good to talk about the difference between lurking and not posting.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:49 am

Post by JordanA24 »

dreambri (sorry, it almost looks as if I'm picking on you, lol), you haven't really said a lot about what's going on, have you any opinions?
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:26 am

Post by The World No.1 Noob »

Hi guys, I've gotten my computer back, I'll catch up and give my opinion by the end of tomorrow.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by fleurdelys »

that is right, some of the people including dreambri haven't put any content in their posts yet.
But Jordan, You haven't analysed te situation either. Or did I miss something?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

fleurdelys wrote: What was an agree post you are talking about? I have checked it and in post 42 I only say that I like LifeStandsStill's logic. Basically, I just like people who think logically and that is why I wrote it.
I have already apologised for unvoting the person I haven't even voted on. It was my mistake, because when looking at the official vote count I saw my name in the brackets. And I am sorry for that.
Yes, agree that this might be Mango's newbie mistake but all of us are newbies and that way we can always find this explanation reasonable. Also, Mango has not yet answered the accusations, and this does definitely not help him. However, I am open for his argument and happy to be persuaded if his reasons are good.
Post 42 is essentially an agreepost, which I find odd considering how little information we have early D1. The main reason why it raises eyebrows for me, is the reason you use to justify the 'I like your thinking' post;
fleurdelys wrote:I like LifeStandsStill way of thinking,
and it would be stupid to lynch him just because he got too many random votes

Unvote: LifeStandsStill
I don't ever recall seeing anyone being lynched because they had 'too many random votes'. Someone with two votes is hardly a signifigant scare or even close to lynch. I really think it was just a cheap way to side with a townie.
LifeStandsStill
LifeStandsStill
Townie
LifeStandsStill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:21 am

Post by LifeStandsStill »

I must admit that I agree with Hoopla about fleur a little bit... I'm playing a much complex game though, that it's hard for me to tell that Hoopla could be trying to focus attention on fleur... But all in all, I do agree about it
possibly
being a way to side with a townie. I italic 'possibly' because I'm not really sure of anyones intentions... as I'm sure everyone is (lol).

Blah.. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense, it feels like I am not explaining myself properly, and it feels like my vocabulary has just disappeared from my memory..

I'm a bit disappointed that the game is going so slow... I understand games take a long time, especially newbie games, but without people posting regularly it gives hardly anything to go on, I understand people have lives and stuff that is more of priority, but it doesn't take but a few minutes to sit down and provide to the game...
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:05 pm

OK, I've caught up, baiscly as far as I can tell:

1. Fleur slipped up with her unvoting of a person she never voted for, BUT to me
this at the moment seems quite sincere,

2. Someone asked the newbie's if this was there first game, this is my second game though my first was like 6 months ago or something, here's the first game I played so people can know my style, and how I'm probably going to think cause of the IC's I've had in my first game: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7891

Okay, I explain this in every newbie game, but there are people who still don't get it.

Mango has stopped posting. Mango is not lurking. There is a difference. You didn't use the word "lurking" but you strongly implied it.

Mango has not posted in any games or threads at all since her last post here. That means she probably hasn't had time to log on because she's busy in real life - which could happen for dozens of reasons. For all we know, she might have figured out that Mafia wasn't for her and quit. Who knows?

So, no, it does not make Mango more suspicious that she hasn't answered the accusations. If she posted since she's been accused and ignored the accusations, it would be scummy. If she was posting in other threads and ignoring this one, that would be scummy. But simply not posting is a null-tell.

Just because some people don't have time to log on every ten minutes like you seem to doesn't mean they are lurking or ignoring the game. Things move slowly. Show some patience.
Some very good points but, I have a problem seeing how fleur was implying mango was lurking in the first place, please explain, mixing a good point with a bad point can confuse if you're not carefull to be extremely critical, widely used propaganda technique, its like when the banks loan money to each other with mixed good and bad debt.

4. This is really vague, and probably nothing but I'll just push it out there for you ICs to think about, chomp seems a bit too sincere, asking exactly all the most likely questions a noob would ask but in saying that I was like that in my first game and everyone accused me of being a (forgot the word, an IC who creates a new account and pretends to be noob) untill the cop comfirmed I was ino.

5. So baisicly we're waiting for Mango to say something about her I'll withdraw vote if if life can defend himself, when he's got not accusation to defend against. This would have to me just been a normal mistake (women...you know how they are, espically the kind with a pretty boy like that on her avatar) but her not saying anything when she's brought into the limelight opens the doors to the chance that she's waiting for this to blow over, and yes now I AM implying that she's lurking
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by fleurdelys »

The question that I keep asking myself is why Mango doesn't defend herself? I would suggest that a townie being accused of being scum would definitely react to let the town win, but at the same time, scum would be probably trying hard to persuade the town of his "townieness" so I am quite broken here.
dreambri23
dreambri23
Townie
dreambri23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 am

Post by dreambri23 »

JordanA24 wrote:dreambri (sorry, it almost looks as if I'm picking on you, lol), you haven't really said a lot about what's going on, have you any opinions?

Actually your right! I really haven't said any thing, but as I go through the posts catching up i noticed that you haven't said anything in reference to what's going on either. So I find that rather odd that you would jump on me when you haven't contributed much either.
FOS
JordanA24. (sorry I'm picking on you :lol: )
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Rishi »

fleurdelys wrote:The question that I keep asking myself is why Mango doesn't defend herself? I would suggest that a townie being accused of being scum would definitely react to let the town win, but at the same time, scum would be probably trying hard to persuade the town of his "townieness" so I am quite broken here.
Didn't we already cover this? Mango has disappeared, and probably hasn't logged on. Remember that not everyone has time to post every five minutes.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:13 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Searching for a replacement for Mango.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:10 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Spolium replaces Mango, effective immediately. Thanks Spolium!
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Spolium »

Salutations to all!

I'm going to give the thread a couple of quick reads at work to get a feel for the play so far, but I'm unlikely to contribute anything useful until later this evening.
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 am

wow...ok, she wasn't posting that much, but that was one hasty replacement, this is only my second game so I can't say that for sure...how long do we normally wait before someone gets replaced?
Actually your right! I really haven't said any thing, but as I go through the posts catching up i noticed that you haven't said anything in reference to what's going on either. So I find that rather odd that you would jump on me when you haven't contributed much either. FOS JordanA24. (sorry I'm picking on you Laughing )
in effect you can say that by telling you to say something he's scum hunting, as he probably hasn't found anything to go on except for you not supplying anything

O, and I realised I might sound a bit hipocritical on the thing about Mango not havn't posted for a few day myself, but I had a liget reason.
marksiqiwang
王嗣其
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Rishi »

The World No.1 Noob wrote:wow...ok, she wasn't posting that much, but that was one hasty replacement, this is only my second game so I can't say that for sure...how long do we normally wait before someone gets replaced?
Depends on the mod. Usually, if someone hasn't posted for a week or two, they're replaced.
The World No.1 Noob wrote: O, and I realised I might sound a bit hipocritical on the thing about Mango not havn't posted for a few day myself, but I had a liget reason.
It is hypocritical. How do you know Mango didn't have a legit reason?
The World No.1 Noob
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
The World No.1 Noob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:09 am

I don't...that's why I think it was a bit hasty...
marksiqiwang
王嗣其

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”