fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

V1.1

Ancient Greek sprites, elemental spirits -- nymphs -- were minor goddesses and living personifications of nature. Naiads, dryads, Nereids, etc., were thought to be associated with particular places - a spring, a tide pool, a mountain peak, a forest or even a specific tree.

Gimli (2):
Cometbright, usesPython
Black (2):
Aneninen, DragonEater70
Aneninen (1):
Black
Kittiesecret: (1)
Gimli

Not Voting (3):
TimmerRC, Kittiesecret, Afrayed Knott

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Everyone deserves a cookie because all 9 players confirmed well within 24 hours!
  • :]

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by Kittiesecret »

In post 48, usesPython wrote: Gimli's pretty obvtown
I dunno... picking on the newb without so much as a "hi" seeeeeems kinda scummy imo

VOTE: Gimli
Always watching
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

Alright, so I have questions.

I'm used to the idea of 48 hour days that end at 48 hours and never sooner, so... sorry if this sounds dense, but how does a "day" possibly last 10 calendar days? Or is it really rare for a day to go that long? What do we talk about on Day 1 for that long, lol?

Also, the idea of pressuring people with votes and then they role claim etc. That's a new dynamic for me, the bulk of my past play role claiming was never, ever allowed. So... traditionally, how does this play out? I'll have to get used to it, I was wired to consider that not a "fun" style of mafia.

And finally, I need to figure out the voting tags, so VOTE: TimmerRC
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 51, Kittiesecret wrote:
I dunno... picking on the newb without so much as a "hi" seeeeeems kinda scummy imo

hi
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 51, Kittiesecret wrote:

I disagree that a naked vote is "picking on the newb" but that reaction feels very "why tf are you pushing me, I'm town?" energy so you can be town for now

VOTE: TimmerRC do something interesting
In post 52, TimmerRC wrote: Alright, so I have questions.

I'm used to the idea of 48 hour days that end at 48 hours and never sooner, so... sorry if this sounds dense, but how does a "day" possibly last 10 calendar days? Or is it really rare for a day to go that long? What do we talk about on Day 1 for that long, lol?
The full 10 days tend to be used up, and normally there's a lot of back and forth, wheelin and dealin wagoneering with the occasional last minute funny flashwagon
In post 52, TimmerRC wrote: Also, the idea of pressuring people with votes and then they role claim etc. That's a new dynamic for me, the bulk of my past play role claiming was never, ever allowed. So... traditionally, how does this play out? I'll have to get used to it, I was wired to consider that not a "fun" style of mafia.
I don't think anyone actually expects there to be a hammer or claim this early, RVS tends to be people just doing
stuff
until something townie or scummy happens and then people comment on that and then comment on the comments and reactions until it's turtles all the way down
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

As a Sturgill Simpson fan, I'm penciling you in as town for making me think of a great song with that post.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hi

I saw Gimli asking me to talk about Python, but I don't really have time right now so I'm just acknowledging that this was asked and I will have more time later to post.

Thanks for understanding.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:33 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Morning everyone, That Black wagon... :roll:

VOTE: DragonEater70
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 27, Cometbright wrote: That being said I think I'm passing out pretty early tonight - cats kept waking me up cause I made the foolish mistake of giving them treats before bed and man did I come to regret that.

Looking forward to the last half of us entering the game - please let us know your levels of experience when you arrive! Direct experience with Mafiascum or other Forum Mafias, indirect experience via other deception games etc. all is helpful to know and gives a framework to work with :)
second game back after a lay off from the game. Last game I think during that earlier period was 2018, and I didn't play as Afrayed Knott then I was Smudger.
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Catching-up.

Cometbright.
Irrelevant fluff about past games. Generally "trying to be nice" style. Trying to pocket Black.
Lean scum

Black.
Similar to Comet. Popping in, not voting in RVS, then OMGUS-ing me. Not as "trying to be nice" as Comet.
Lean scum
- or bad town.

Python.
Forking shirt, I remember this type of player. Vote-hopping, contradicting themselves (e.g., #31 and #32, sorry, I forgot how to link a post), voting then obv-towning Gimli etc...
Lean town
- Years ago, these players got
lynched
eliminated early and usually flipped town.

Dragon.
What the actual fork was that #25? Voting Black and pointing out that it was E-2? Besides that, nothing special.
Null
- if Black flips scum, Dragon can be scum, too, but it's too early to speculate.

Timmer.
A newer player with a lot of questions. If he had a scumbuddy, he'd have been given answers in their chat. Therefore,
Town

Kittiesecret.
Another newer player, she could go either way.
Null

Gimli.
In post 42, Gimli wrote: ARE YOU MASONS
Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Why are you interested in whether there are Masons in the game?
Also, leaning town on Black because of her interaction with Comet, but no reaction on Comet. Asking Dragon to talk about Python then withdrawing it. Somehow, everything from him looks scummy.
Scum

AfraydKnott.
Why were you reacted so to the Black wagon? Why weren't you reacting on anything else?
Lean Scum
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by Aneninen »

That said,

UNVOTE:
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:14 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay so I have a few minutes now. Here's what pinged me about Python:
  • First page:

On the first page, they felt pretty opportunistic with their votes - or at least, relative to RVS. I know this is really weak and that's why I called it "super tiny scumlean" and not "auper scummy"

• tr/sr of me:

I got a minor evil-ping from their OMGUS on me, but I actually felt that the subsequent retraction was townie. Though now I'm not sure it is. It depends on how confident is scum!Pyton about being able to win a 1v1 against me (which I thought they were, but they refuted me calling them "a good player" in Weird Dreams Mafia Redux, so maybe not).

• Being a react YouTuber*:

Their posts (specifically 31, 43, 48) read like being a react YouTuber. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, that's fine but go read usesPython's Notes PT for Open 880 (where they were an SK).

With all that said, I actually agree with their take that Gimli is townie, and I don't actually think usesPython is all that scummy, but I don't see anyone who's more scummy so am gonna put my vote there.
VOTE: Python

I might also have a meta scumread on them but I am not sure on that so I will only post it after I take another look at their meta.

*Imagine caring so much about grammar you actually correctly capitalize the word YouTube. Oh wait that's me.**
**I also care about formatting as you can easily tell by realizing that this beautifully formatted post is in fact a phonepost.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:25 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I am not a fun of VIP's reads, I hard disagree with pretty much all of them except Knott and Kittie (which are still not the most exciting reads ever), but I don't feel it's scum indocatove as much as VIP having a completely different playstyle to me and probably coming from a period of the site history with a very different meta. So I have a tiny townlean there now.

And yes, this does mean I have a scumlean on Knott, but I think there's probably more momentum on Python now so Knott can be a later wagon.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:40 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Dragon:
What's a "React YouTuber"?
Why do you think Gimli's town?

Generally said, I don't know it yet how much things have changed in the last 5 years. But I remember several players with a similar playstyle to Python's. These overactive Day1 poster, vote-hopping, self-contradicting players used to flip town early. But that time may have gone?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:39 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

@VIP:
React YouTuber is a term that Python invented(?) which refers to a posting style where you quote and react to a bunch of individual posts, giving your opinion either on the post itself or on its content, rather than engage in a conversation with someone or make independent posts.

Spoiler: slight tangent
Coincidentally this has been my default posting style for a while, and I've reached the conclusion that while it's very effective at getting me townread, it's not very effective at getting others to listen to me. Which is why I've decided to try out a different posting style this game that is much more conversation focused and much less reaction focused.

Btw I meant that was reaction YouTuber-y, not 48.

Also yes, you are totally right that this style of players often flip town. I still don't think there's a better vote than Python right now though.

As to Gimli, it's a combination of things.
First of all, I think he's town because I recognize his attitude as similar to what he had when we were town together in past games, though I do not know how he plays as mafia so I can't know for sure.
I also felt posts -47 demonstrated a desire to solve the game, which is usually a town characteristic.
I know these are "obvious" reasons that could be faked, but I also have more subtle reasons to townread him which I could give you, except I feel if I did that it would give the impression I townread him more than I do, so I'll stick to these now.
Also this probably sounds scummy as heck to say this last paragraph but since when do I care about being scumread early?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by Gimli »

I didn't want to townlock DE but life is short

aneninen, I guess we just won't see eye to eye on things. also re: my mason question, I was making a joke and I think black would catch that I'm not PR hunting with it
I'll tie your legs
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:18 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 61, DragonEater70 wrote:
Being a react YouTuber*:
We first did that style of posting in Weird Dreams Redux as town tho, and it's what got us to be the single most townread player d1. We mimic'd that in Open 880 cause it works great for getting townread but I don't actually think it's alignment indicative by itself (since it's in our natural townrange and our scumrange is wide enough to be able to mimic it) unless it's part of a larger vibe analysis that tries to find the actually scum indicative part of our posting which is
In post 8, usesPython from Open 880 Notes PT (Not this game) wrote: Gonna let the thread stew before I start posting more, already feeling the nervous energy we get when we're scum
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:19 am

Post by usesPython »

VIP's probably town but I disagree with pretty much all of their reads
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:27 am

Post by usesPython »

DE you wanna hop on the tim wagon? it's pretty comfy
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:35 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 59, Aneninen wrote: Timmer.
A newer player with a lot of questions. If he had a scumbuddy, he'd have been given answers in their chat. Therefore,
Town
I can kinda see it unless his partner is also new

VOTE: Knott
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:30 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Well I really tried no to a react YouTuber, but sometimes you gotta quote posts in order for your post to make sense contextually (or at least be funny). Oh well, let's get it over with.
In post 67, usesPython wrote: VIP's probably town but I disagree with pretty much all of their reads
First of all, wtf Python? You have no business having the same thoughts as me. It's illegal!
HURT WITH A BLADE: Python
In post 66, usesPython wrote:
In post 61, DragonEater70 wrote:
Being a react YouTuber*:
We first did that style of posting in Weird Dreams Redux as town tho, and it's what got us to be the single most townread player d1. We mimic'd that in Open 880 cause it works great for getting townread but I don't actually think it's alignment indicative by itself (since it's in our natural townrange and our scumrange is wide enough to be able to mimic it) unless it's part of a larger vibe analysis that tries to find the actually scum indicative part of our posting which is
In post 8, usesPython from Open 880 Notes PT (Not this game) wrote: Gonna let the thread stew before I start posting more, already feeling the nervous energy we get when we're scum
Second of all, I am gonna unvote you because I am nice, but don't expect me to be pocketed by these outrageously logical arguments.
UNVOTE: Python
Hrmph. *crosses arms*
In post 68, usesPython wrote: DE you wanna hop on the
tim
knott wagon? it's pretty comfy
Sure, why knott?
VOTE: Knott
You are allowed to vote me for this terrible pun.

In post 65, Gimli wrote: I didn't want to townlock DE but life is short
That's not fair, you know I have a weakness for people townlocking me. Now I
have
to townlock you back. How dare you!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:20 am

Post by Gimli »

DE, everytime we played I think we were both town, and I think we both did the townlocking thing early on

you're overtly towny, I don't know how you do it lol (lowkey hoping you're scum and the game is hard)
I'll tie your legs
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 37, TimmerRC wrote: Hello!

This is my first game here, and I played mafia years ago on other sites. The rules are different than what I remember, and this style of "get half of the votes and you are eliminated and the day ends" is def new.

I'll be sporadic in my posting, fitting the game around a busy life
In post 39, Kittiesecret wrote: Hai!

This is my first ever game, on any site... please be gentle :]
Hi! And welcome! :]
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Black »

In post 45, Gimli wrote:
In post 9, Black wrote: Hi Comet! I still feel bad about our newbie game so I've decided to townread you no matter what this game

That's right. If you have an issue with Comet you have to go through me first. She's town
I think I like this approach by black because it might look fishy and maybe if she is scum she doesn't decide to open the game with this

otoh maybe this is that pre-rand thought or whatever she had and thought of opening the game with this line regardless

but I feel like this is more likely organic so I've decided to townlean it
fwiw I decided to pocket Comet when I signed up to the game. This feels like a good thought progression though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:30 am