Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

That's why I'm worried. I feel fear that I'm going to do the 100% fund play and we're gonna get fucking rolled by something stupid.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 49, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Okay, can someone sanity check me?

I haven't seen a single weird occurence in our funding or our this game at any point.

Where are these mystical scum powers Shea wrote about in the OP?
????
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Alisae »

I checked the op I see what u mean
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Alisae »

I still want to say that trying to secure the cop invest is the best play?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Alisae »

It’s hard to play around bullshit that we don’t know about and I think the best thing we can do is just try to make the best plays on our end
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:40 am

in post 1, under "Night Phase"

NIGHT PHASE
2 days
By the end of the elimination phase the treasurer must set the budget for the night, this involves allocating the towns budget to the specific power roles.
Funding required for each role is known only to the players who have that role.
Each power role has an ability which can be funded in full or in part. Partial funding results in an equivalent % chance of the role working. So if an ability costs $100 to use, allocating that player $40 would yield a 40% chance of their role succeeding.
The scum team has additional abilities that they can use to effect the game

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Alisae »

Is there a way to play around a hypothetical roleblocker?
That’s the first factional ability I would probably give wolves here
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Alisae »

Cuz like I have a doc so I imagine there has to be some counterplay to FTC?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

my guess is RB or something similar too
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:59 am

Post by UNOwen »

I don't think getting Andante shot is a tolerable outcome, so whatever funding choice does get made should ensure that doesn't happen

Even with scum having potential power to mess things up I believe the best choice is to go with taking a loan and funding cop+doc plan.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:21 am

Post by UNOwen »

If scum have factional RB then they shouldn't be able to kill Andante anyway because they can't know which JOAT the protect is coming from. And if they somehow still do then we'd know there's something off. So potentially they could mess with the investigation instead - but we know they left SleepyKrew alive and allowed an investigation, we know they killed Sheriff Enchant rather than just blocking an investigation. So I'm not convinced they do have a RB and if Andante gets blocked we will have to deal with it regardless (since scum always know who the cop is). This doesn't convince me not to go for the loan plan.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Alisae »

the council has spoken
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:51 am

Post by UNOwen »

hear hear!

Continue the debate if needed but can we get the budget approved a soon as possible? This town will go feral if they go too long without blood, and that will sink re-election chances for all of us.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Alisae »

I like how the council thinks
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 55, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: in post 1, under "Night Phase"

NIGHT PHASE
2 days
By the end of the elimination phase the treasurer must set the budget for the night, this involves allocating the towns budget to the specific power roles.
Each power role has an ability which can be funded in full or in part. Partial funding results in an equivalent % chance of the role working. So if an ability costs $100 to use, allocating that player $40 would yield a 40% chance of their role succeeding.
if this is anything like the other funding game I played, scum get special things if they have powers that get funded or whatever
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Andante »

The gamestate feels odd, like, why is furtive defending blood/sheep so much?? like, it's not making sense to me, like ok sure I can be wrong, but if I'm wrong on that SR, this has to come from having TMI??

at night phase we still have access to this chat right?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 64, Andante wrote:
In post 55, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: in post 1, under "Night Phase"

NIGHT PHASE
2 days
if this is anything like the other funding game I played, scum get special things if they have powers that get funded or whatever
like, scum get stuff from being on the council, extra incentive to be here (that's how that game worked)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 65, Andante wrote: The gamestate feels odd, like, why is furtive defending blood/sheep so much?? like, it's not making sense to me, like ok sure I can be wrong, but if I'm wrong on that SR, this has to come from having TMI??

I'm with you on the gamestate feeling odd it's been driving a lot of my unease today

at this point though I don't think Ircher is town and I feel his vote switch from Sleepy to furtive was really bad, regardless of the alignment of either of those players, it feels like he's just clammed up and is trying to survive and give nothing else away

the most convenient explanation to me for this game is the scumteam is actually exactly Ircher/SK/furtive, that would neatly explain a lot of the weird behavior between the three and the furtive TMI townread on blood, I keep getting gut pings of town from sheep

however the most convenient explanation is not more likely than the field of anyone else being scum, and is also the laziest, so I worry
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry, Ircher's switch from sheep* not sleepy
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I still think if furtive is town then something weird is definitely going on cause there's a thread resistance to voting furtive outside of LLD
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 am

In post 69, GuiltyLion wrote: I still think if furtive is town then something weird is definitely going on cause there's a thread resistance to voting furtive outside of LLD
This isn't parsing to me for some reason. What are you saying here? I get the "if Furtive is town something is weird" part, but there IS some kind of thread resistance to killing Furtive, but I'm trying to kill Furtive?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm saying it's odd that nobody scumreads you, yet nobody wants to vote/lim furtive. you're the only one who has seriously pushed it, and when I tried to sheep and steer away from Ircher wagon I was met with a lot of immediate pushback.

I didn't really notice/think about this until just now but especially odd is SleepyKrew was voting furtive yesterday, but then today when I voted furtive he immediately started calling me scum and making it about alleged inconsistency in my treatment/read of furtive.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh and sorry, caveat is that it's extra weird if furtive is town because then he'd be a juicy miselim ripe for the taking. so if Ircher is scum and furtive is town then it means scum are actively choosing to bus or let their partner die vs push furtive
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 67, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 65, Andante wrote: The gamestate feels odd, like, why is furtive defending blood/sheep so much?? like, it's not making sense to me, like ok sure I can be wrong, but if I'm wrong on that SR, this has to come from having TMI??

I'm with you on the gamestate feeling odd it's been driving a lot of my unease today

at this point though I don't think Ircher is town and I feel his vote switch from Sleepy to furtive was really bad, regardless of the alignment of either of those players, it feels like he's just clammed up and is trying to survive and give nothing else away

the most convenient explanation to me for this game is the scumteam is actually exactly Ircher/SK/furtive, that would neatly explain a lot of the weird behavior between the three and the furtive TMI townread on blood, I keep getting gut pings of town from sheep

however the most convenient explanation is not more likely than the field of anyone else being scum, and is also the laziest, so I worry
I kinda TRed ircher following me tbh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

Return to “Completed Game Topics”