catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 46, Chara wrote:
In post 44, catboi wrote:someone came out of retirement only to roll scum in this game, what a hilariously cruel fate
how many players here came out of retirement for this game? i know i did, iirc Tammy as well?
I was retired for TWO WHOLE WEEKS
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 33, Coral wrote:
In post 26, Faker wrote:I'm pretty indifferent at the end of the day. I think Gate would be pretty fun to run-back, and puts scum in between a rock and a hard place. I think Wall would be a bad fit but I'd get to play longer. I think Keep is really suited to my playstyle, but I want to hang around and enjoy the game for awhile and that tends to resolve early. It's a good place to quarantine me, but I'm also hoping that enough people have strong scumgames here that I get to go elsewhere.

I generally oppose Coral's suggestion and am curious to hear more of the reasoning behind it.
I had the same thought pregame that probably quarantining you to the one you are likely enjoy least is not as necessary in this run as the previous one.

Which suggestion do you disagree with? The flexible solve order, or the closely examining early decisioners?
In post 38, absinthe wrote:
In post 36, Isis wrote:
In post 27, Chara wrote:
In post 23, Isis wrote:I think chemistry between people will matter more for games than like "put a consensus townread in game x" because townreads can be wrong if you get them all right you win anyway. Maybe picking scummy players for certain games kind of like gerrymanders your EV though? Maybe that's more impactful.

It seems like a nontrivial setup, brainwrinkler. Which can make me worried about dayplay health.

Coral should just solve the strat and then we should play mafia
the second sentence here makes no sense to me but it does sound very intelligent.

but i think i agree on the point that the important thing is finding scum and finding town and the rest will fall where it falls.
It's not a fully fleshed out idea but my brain was saying like, if you make all 3 games barely successfully sortable then your EV is high, if you pick that out by hedging the difficult players with easy games and easy players with hard games
Who's difficult and who's easy to you?
It could include the game state in addition to general strengths and weaknesses. Coral is broken and needs to be nerfed though.
Skitter and I probably shouldn't be in the same game t_t
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 49, Faker wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to put us in a game together cat. I know you know but I don't really want to shit talk atm sorry.
(´°ω°`) ok
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Chara »

as long as we're discussing is, i'd rather be in the Wall personally. being conftown/1v1 scum with conftown are not my favourite.

pedit: Prism is a bastard, yes.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Isis »

I quoted 33 because I wanted to ask about quarantining faker in the first game but then I decided to not flood a game that's already 90 mph but I guess I'm asking now. Isn't making a slot miserable -EV?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Faker »

IDK actually Gate might be really fun. Keep/Wall though probably not.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Chara »

so and so shouldn't be in the same game together, we're all playing the same game! all of the votes happen in this thread, we will all be yelling at each other. <3
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 54, Isis wrote:I quoted 33 because I wanted to ask about quarantining faker in the first game but then I decided to not flood a game that's already 90 mph but I guess I'm asking now. Isn't making a slot miserable -EV?
regardless of EV, i'm not interested in doing something like that.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 44, catboi wrote:someone came out of retirement only to roll scum in this game, what a hilariously cruel fate
Are you calling Faker scum or saying this whole playerlist is retirementers
"Well, I..."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 50, catboi wrote:
In post 46, Chara wrote:
how many players here came out of retirement for this game? i know i did, iirc Tammy as well?
aha, so you were talking about yourself!

my work here is done, etc. etc.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Isis »

P much everyone in this list is an awesome player that I want to be unable to retire.

While I am permitted to retire whenever I want.
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 54, Isis wrote:I quoted 33 because I wanted to ask about quarantining faker in the first game but then I decided to not flood a game that's already 90 mph but I guess I'm asking now. Isn't making a slot miserable -EV?
I think it is. It's definitely +MV, which I would prefer to avoid, even if it is at a minor cost of EV. I want this to be a low Miserableness Value game, if possible.

Faker suggested it in the previous game of this that she played, so it was on my mind that she likely would bring it up again, and I think it's more fun to let her frolick freely in the pastures of her dreams.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 58, Isis wrote:
Are you calling Faker scum or saying this whole playerlist is retirementers
that was a joke I thought up pregame but I left it intentionally ambiguous to see how people responded. I got some value out of it. Have one strong read.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Chara »

tell us the read kitty. is it me? i would like it to be me.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Isis »

VLA Saturday
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Chara's new avi is too good
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 59, Chara wrote:
In post 50, catboi wrote:
In post 46, Chara wrote:
aha, so you were talking about yourself!

my work here is done, etc. etc.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Faker »

This might just be a function of me being tired/illiterate but I don't know why people think the Keep would make me miserable. I'm pretty indifferent on where to go, I'd rather defer to others' preferences. The downside is more just that it resolves early but shrug, I like games like Trust Fall and Undertale exactly for the townhunting mechanic.

Gate is nice because I might get to do similar even though I'm not a great clear, and I haven't been voted out as town since early 2017. I'm not the best clear but I'd love to have the ball in my (winter) court this game, and if someone is down and thinks they can break the streak I'd love to see you try!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Chara »

to be honest, i have almost no idea of how any of you conduct yourselves as scum vs. as town. whatever meta i did have was tossed out of my brain when i stopped playing. i would say Faker is the only one i have some direction on how to read, and they're difficult regardless.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Faker »

Okay I'm repeating myself and can't read shit

i tired i sleep

i play later
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 68, Chara wrote:Faker is the only one i have some direction on how to read, and they're difficult regardless.
fuck u lmao
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 65, Isis wrote:Chara's new avi is too good
i'm glad you like it. i lost my whole library of avatars when my last laptop died, this was one of the few that was saved and i'm too lazy to remake any of them.

pedit: don't be fucking rude you made me play with you!!
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by demona »

In post 28, catboi wrote:I was typing out an answer to this when I realized I don't actually need to give scum advice on how to play. If you think you'll be able to be reliably read as town and are comfortable with hammering, go for it.
eh it's like

if i lock in the keep and the mafia don't move me because they think whoever they have there is more likely to be townread by the town or wifom or whatever i feel like we're in good shape

but also maybe i shouldn't feel that way because of how the slaughter hour split played out or at the very least not so strongly

idk if i feel comfortable hammering,

other option for me i guess was to lurk/wallpost and eventually lock in the wall and hope to not be the one chosen to become confirmed and then be me day two and make the choice easy for the confirmed

but!

it's a bit late for that i was too excited to really want to halfplay for five days
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by absinthe »

I feel better about being able to read catboi correctly this time.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Faker »

Eh I would really be wary, we've talked a bit about reading cat previously but that Newbie was not a good representation of his scum game.

I'd love to hardpunish him after he N1'd me in PYP but IMO he's a good candidate to quarantine in the Keep. Don't put that nerd in the wall though he'll blow it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”