Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

from my point of view reading people off of the actual game mechanic unless i'm getting lynched and deciding what order for people to vote me is a mistake because i think i can generate reads more reliably off of standard play
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

let's assume you're scum.

the trajectory of our conversation this game clearly points towards you voting who. you haven't yet stated an outright townread on me, but neither a scumread. i don't think there's a reliable conclusion to be drawn as to if you need who to vote me or if you need me to vote who.

i imagine that if you needed me to vote who, you would deliberately avoid trying to force me into it. probably you would keep making conversation, make subtle insinuations against who, and then when i decided i was ready, we would vote. i think that could plausibly be seen as what's happened so far -- not to imply that that
is
what has happened so far, but that possibility for you as scum looks like what's happening now, even if you're town.

if you needed who to vote me, then that would require some kind of conversation to happen that just hasn't happened yet. i don't know what our deadline is or if we even have a deadline, but if we do then it certainly must be fast approaching for that conversation to happen, or for your confident declaration that i'm scum because i haven't shown myself to be town or some such thing.

who goes next, it makes me anxious typing psots this big in a marathon.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 48, Who wrote:
In post 45, northsidegal wrote:
In post 44, RadiantCowbells wrote:i feel like who is in a really shitty situation if he rolled scum here
probably.

knowing that i'm town i actually feel right now like the optimal move for me is to just sit on my hands and do nothing to see what both of you do because scum presumably has to do
something
, but i don't imagine that that's a very fun strategy or very healthy for this game being interesting at all.
Sitting on your hands and letting townies fight also seems like a good strategy if you rolled scum.
do you think i'm scum?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 49, RadiantCowbells wrote:i don't think that being complacent and assuming that i'm just going to figure out you're locktown without you showing it to me is a mistake on your part.
right now i'm definitely leaning scum who over scum you but i don't know that and that's something that i'd want to know before i did anything

i would look very ridiculous if i gave scum you a win here after all
i'm going to assume your first line was meant to say that it
would
be a mistake --

that's why i decided against it? or rather, i brought it up specifically
because
i had considered it as a good strategy but decided against it. if i was going to do it i probably would have just done it and not said anything.

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm

i mean, i think my lack of having voted and pushed the game forward is more due to the lack of content from both of you than it being a conscious decision on my part. do you think i ought to be more forthright than i have been
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Who »

In post 52, northsidegal wrote:
In post 48, Who wrote:
In post 45, northsidegal wrote:
In post 44, RadiantCowbells wrote:i feel like who is in a really shitty situation if he rolled scum here
probably.

knowing that i'm town i actually feel right now like the optimal move for me is to just sit on my hands and do nothing to see what both of you do because scum presumably has to do
something
, but i don't imagine that that's a very fun strategy or very healthy for this game being interesting at all.
Sitting on your hands and letting townies fight also seems like a good strategy if you rolled scum.
do you think i'm scum?
I don't know whether or not you're scum. I think it's more likely to be RC, but my scumread on him is weakening and I don't have a read on you.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 pm

In post 53, northsidegal wrote:i'm going to assume your first line was meant to say that it would be a mistake --

that's why i decided against it? or rather, i brought it up specifically because i had considered it as a good strategy but decided against it. if i was going to do it i probably would have just done it and not said anything.
yes that is what i meant. i still think you're town but i'm still hedging long enough to make you post more stuff just in case my gut makes me want to reeval.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 50, RadiantCowbells wrote:from my point of view reading people off of the actual game mechanic unless i'm getting lynched and deciding what order for people to vote me is a mistake because i think i can generate reads more reliably off of standard play
this sentence is really weird, i don't think i can even parse its meaning at all

in a standard speed game and if another player posted it i would probably be inclined to call it scummy, but that is not the game we are currently playing

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 55, Who wrote:I don't know whether or not you're scum. I think it's more likely to be RC, but my scumread on him is weakening and I don't have a read on you.
who do you think rc's lynchpin is? that is, The One That [He] Cannot Kill?

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm

what i'm saying is

if i'm getting lynched i'm going to have the person that i think is more likely to be scum position themselves to get confscummed trying to vote me and use the game mechanic that way

but otherwise i am making zero effort to sort either yourself or who off of "well this person looks like they are playing around the game mechanics by doing X"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm

what i'm saying is

if i'm getting lynched i'm going to have the person that i think is more likely to be scum position themselves to get confscummed trying to vote me and use the game mechanic that way

but otherwise i am making zero effort to sort either yourself or who off of "well this person looks like they are playing around the game mechanics by doing X"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 54, RadiantCowbells wrote:do you think i ought to be more forthright than i have been
that's not really what i was trying to get at, although i can see how what i said might be considered equivalent to that

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:38 pm

i understand what you're saying

i'm asking how i'm supposed to play around it
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:38 pm

i understand what you're saying

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 60, RadiantCowbells wrote:but otherwise i am making zero effort to sort either yourself or who off of "well this person looks like they are playing around the game mechanics by doing X"
i'm not sure why, seems like a fine way to approach this game to me

things fall apart
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Who »

In post 58, northsidegal wrote:
In post 55, Who wrote:I don't know whether or not you're scum. I think it's more likely to be RC, but my scumread on him is weakening and I don't have a read on you.
who do you think rc's lynchpin is? that is, The One That [He] Cannot Kill?
I don't know.
Who said that?
Or is it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 pm

because, like i said, i think that i am more reliably able to solve the game through other metrics than that one.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 pm

because, like i said, i think that i am more reliably able to solve the game through other metrics than that one.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 63, RadiantCowbells wrote:i understand what you're saying

that is, if you were town, what could you have done that would look
different
than that?

again, i think that might be getting at the wrong question. i'm not really using that possibility to say that you're scum. if anything, what i'm saying is that, if you're scum, i'm your lynchpin.

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:40 pm

who i'm just about ready to vote you right now (or save my vote for after nsgs to play around onewhocannotkill). you have not posted anything that reads as solving and you've just kind of straddled the middle
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 67, RadiantCowbells wrote:because, like i said, i think that i am more reliably able to solve the game through other metrics than that one.
-shrug-

whatever works for you, i'm not really trying to criticize or say that you should be playing a certain way. i think it's pretty much NAI at the moment, unless you really wanted to stretch some theory

things fall apart
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Who »

In post 69, RadiantCowbells wrote:who i'm just about ready to vote you right now (or save my vote for after nsgs to play around onewhocannotkill). you have not posted anything that reads as solving and you've just kind of straddled the middle
This may surprise you, but it turns out that I am shit at scumhunting.
Who said that?
Or is it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm

my philosophy as of about a year ago and how it has differed from past philosophies

is i don't use untested reasons to scumread people

i scumread people off of stuff that i have empirically seen be scumtells. i don't decide that certain behaviours are scummy based on out of game principles. it's cost me a few early scumreads but it has made my overall reads far more reliable
i don't actually know exactly what scum in this setup looks like so any read there is going to be untested whereas i have a fairly large body of work that i can use to read you and who off of standard play that has been tested
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:42 pm

In post 71, Who wrote:
In post 69, RadiantCowbells wrote:who i'm just about ready to vote you right now (or save my vote for after nsgs to play around onewhocannotkill). you have not posted anything that reads as solving and you've just kind of straddled the middle
This may surprise you, but it turns out that I am shit at scumhunting.
But you should have reads or something? And NSG should be less towny ig
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Who »

The only thing to have happened this game to give any information is NSG's attack on me implies that if she is scum her lynchpin is you.
Who said that?
Or is it?

Return to “Old Marathon (Closed)”