Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Rishi »

Immunity Count

opie* – 1 (hasdgfas)
mcpaltp – 1 (Boggzie)
QuickBen – 1 (Akonas)
ibaesha – 1 (QuickBen)
Qman – 1 (Holy)

*Would receive immunity if polls opened today on account of having the longest held vote.

Not voting: opie, mcpaltp, ibaesha, Rigel, farside22, Qman

Requests to Open Polls
: 0

Six votes required to open polls. Election Day will automatically occur January 23 at 11pm EST.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:18 pm

Post by Holy »

opie wrote:I think if we concentrate on who is the most suspicious, the least suspicious will become apparent and that is who should be awarded immunity.
Good point.

farside22 wrote:
FOS: Akonas
self immunity looks scummie.
Somehow true... But that kind of action seems attracting attentions, I still have a doubt that a scum would attract attention like that.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:31 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Holy wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Somehow true... But that kind of action seems attracting attentions, I still have a doubt that a scum would attract attention like that.
Hello Mr. WIFOM. How are you today?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:49 am

Post by Boggzie »

I'm having trouble seeing anything as "scummy" this early, and the way we're supposed to play this game.

Frankly, I'm terribly confused at the moment. I'm seeing it as playing backwards, i.e. awarding immunity. It's...weird.
Go Tribe!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:51 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Boggzie wrote:I'm having trouble seeing anything as "scummy" this early, and the way we're supposed to play this game.

Frankly, I'm terribly confused at the moment. I'm seeing it as playing backwards, i.e. awarding immunity. It's...weird.
I find it pretty awesome. Playing a different game often makes you think differently about a more normal game, causing you to have more good insight.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by Akonas »

farside22 wrote:
That's bull. Everyone would want themselves to be immune - if they are scum, they're safe and can mislead the town; if they're town, they can be sure that scum wasn't given immunity. 'Nuff said.

Vote: Qman
. He's lurking; he's obviously scum (and not just gone for the holidays).
Boggzie wrote:Frankly, I'm terribly confused at the moment. I'm seeing it as playing backwards, i.e. awarding immunity. It's...weird.
Correct. That's why it hasn't gone anywhere. All in good time, my friend. But for now... well, we need to start somewhere. Mostly, everyone needs to say more. Come up with a strategy. Make unfounded accusations. Say anything that's on your mind. This is supposed to be an open, transparent system. That way, we get ideas flowing, get thinking, and can root out scum better.

Also,
OMGUSFOSWTFBBQ:farside22
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:01 am

Post by ibaesha »

I'm having a tough time getting my head around playing 'backwards' as it were. Generally speaking, it's easier to determine who I think is town by trying to figure out who is scum. However, it is crucial that we make sure that the decision of immunity is ours and not random.

As for keeping our votes secret until ballots are revealed, I'm not sure this is wise. One of the most useful tools for the town in mafia is to see where, when, and why votes are placed. If we keep this part of the game a 'secret' I think we're doing ourselves more harm than good.

immunity: mcpaltp
- I think his input about how this should be handled is the most sound and pro-town that I've seen at this point.

vote: hasdgfas
- Pretty much the whole WIFOM comment strikes me as scummy. Scum love to holler WIFOM to discount arguments with nothing more than 5 letters. And people just accept it.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Holy »

hasdgfas wrote:
Holy wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Hello Mr. WIFOM. How are you today?
LOL! But you must admit it, logically it's true if that person is sane of course, well WIFOM again... XD
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:31 am

Post by Rishi »

Prodding Qman.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Holy »

Akonas wrote:
farside22 wrote:
That's bull. Everyone would want themselves to be immune - if they are scum, they're safe and can mislead the town; if they're town, they can be sure that scum wasn't given immunity. 'Nuff said.
Okay, one thing a pro-town does know is that him/herself is innocent, that's why I didn't accuse him as scummy for that. Yes, I still have doubt of his townie-ness, but I didn't find him that scummy either for that action (assuming that action came from a pro-town).
Lets see...
Vote: farside22
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Holy »

XD Lol...
I forgot, we cannot pressure people by vote in here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Akonas wrote:
farside22 wrote:

Vote: Qman
. He's lurking; he's obviously scum (and not just gone for the holidays).
Boggzie wrote:Frankly, I'm terribly confused at the moment. I'm seeing it as playing backwards, i.e. awarding immunity. It's...weird.
Correct. That's why it hasn't gone anywhere. All in good time, my friend. But for now... well, we need to start somewhere. Mostly, everyone needs to say more. Come up with a strategy. Make unfounded accusations. Say anything that's on your mind. This is supposed to be an open, transparent system. That way, we get ideas flowing, get thinking, and can root out scum better.

Also,
OMGUSFOSWTFBBQ:farside22
You know you are saying we need to start somewhere and you are FOS me for trying to start somewhere. I'm surprised no one see's the hypocrosy in this statement and my effort.
@Holy:
How would it be pro-town to vote for yourself for immunity?
@ibaesha:
What is it that mcpaltp stated that makes you believe him to be more pro-town?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:00 am

Post by hasdgfas »

ibaesha wrote:
vote: hasdgfas
- Pretty much the whole WIFOM comment strikes me as scummy. Scum love to holler WIFOM to discount arguments with nothing more than 5 letters. And people just accept it.
WIFOM is one of those things that works kinda like that. Someone makes a WIFOM argument: "Scum wouldn't do X because they know that it's a bad idea."

Right, but then we go thinking WIFOMy. While it might be stupid, it still might happen. We can't say that Akonas isn't scum because of attracting attention to himself. Who says that scum don't want to attract attention to themselves? Maybe they feel that attracting attention to themselves is townie and want to do it. Saying something that is WIFOM is still WIFOM. Someone pointing it out doesn't make it less so. Something that is WIFOM is still a bad argument, whether someone says that it's WIFOM or not.

vote: akonas

reasons: OMGUS is bad; farside has had excellent insight so far IMO, and the whole self-immunity thing.

immunity: farside

I've liked what he's said so far.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Holy »

farside22 wrote:
@Holy:
A townie knew that him/herself is innocents but didn't have insight of his/her other innocents ally, we didn't know who to trust but ourselves of course. I didn't say it was a pro-town move, but he might be just didn't trust anybody at all for now (yes, I doubt scum would do that as the first, but after this whole discussion maybe they might do that someday), that's it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

Holy wrote:
farside22 wrote:
@Holy:
A townie knew that him/herself is innocents but didn't have insight of his/her other innocents ally, we didn't know who to trust but ourselves of course. I didn't say it was a pro-town move, but he might be just didn't trust anybody at all for now (yes, I doubt scum would do that as the first, but after this whole discussion maybe they might do that someday), that's it.
This is true, but scum can do the same thing stating it as pro town. He was the only one to try it before Rishi said anything. I found it something to point out. His comments back to me seem a bit extreme consider even he stated we need to start somewhere then FOS's me for doing so.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:46 am

Post by opie »

I think Akonas self-vote for immunity is a bit of a null tell at the moment, I can see why both town and scum would want immunity and would try to vote for themselves. However, his OMGUS reaction does not sit right with me. He did call for random accusations and starting somewhere. The moment farside22 did so, Akonas went OMGUS which isn't really helpful. I don't know if this is enough to warrant a vote yet, but it does seem a bit suspicious.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Holy wrote:
farside22 wrote:
@Holy:
Why would you vote against me if you were not sure yourself if it pro-town move? Your comments and vote are contridictory.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Holy »

opie wrote:I think Akonas self-vote for immunity is a bit of a null tell at the moment, I can see why both town and scum would want immunity and would try to vote for themselves.
farside22 wrote:Why would you vote against me if you were not sure yourself if it pro-town move? Your comments and vote are contridictory.
Let me clear this, opie's right about it's a bit of a null tell. But with his
timing
, I didn't found it as scummy too.

I voted you for more clues (failed pressure vote.., lol), also because you seem didn't understand this:
Holy wrote:A townie knew that him/herself is innocents but didn't have insight of his/her other innocents ally, we didn't know who to trust but ourselves of course.
Yeah, just throw me that WIFOM-er accusation for this. Lame, I know...
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Akonas »

Farside was yelling at me, even though it makes perfect sense for a townie to be voting for selfimmunity Day 1. So I don't see what y'all are complaining about.

I'm with ibaesha - I say we use votes here. It's like a safer version of regular Mafia - we can't lynch anyone until the polls open. I'm thinking BIIIIG bandwagons.

Also, keep in mind that arguments which could go either way (WIFOM) are perfectly legitimate if you're pointing out that it's not necessarily a tell either way, rather than claiming one way. It's like pointing out WIFOM in a smarter way. (Holy's argument).

Right now, I'm seeing hasdgfas and farside22 as a possible scum pair. And you all may be seeing Holy and I that way (funny how people always take sides). But we seem to be arguing something that MAKES SENSE - that's the difference.
hasdgfas wrote:WIFOM is one of those things that works kinda like that. Someone makes a WIFOM argument: "Scum wouldn't do X because they know that it's a bad idea."
hasdgfas wrote:vote: akonas
reasons: OMGUS is bad; farside has had excellent insight so far IMO, and the whole self-immunity thing.
I think the whole self-immunity thing has been discounted; it's in the interests of both town and scum. As a townie, well, it can get things riled up, get people to jump on you (either they don't realize it, or they're trying to mislead the town).

Vote:hasdgfas

Oh, and where is Oman? He posted in another thread; he's probably just about to post here.
VVV IF THIS ISN'T OMAN'S POST I'LL BE SUSPICIOUS. VVV
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

Akonas wrote:Farside was yelling at me, even though it makes perfect sense for a townie to be voting for selfimmunity Day 1. So I don't see what y'all are complaining about..
Yelling I think you are being extreme. I FOS'ed you. The called you hypocritical. How is this yelling?
Right now, I'm seeing hasdgfas and farside22 as a possible scum pair. And you all may be seeing Holy and I that way (funny how people always take sides). But we seem to be arguing something that MAKES SENSE - that's the difference
I didnt think you two as partners. I was more curious about Holy's comments then anything. You really have a way of taking things out of proportion.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Rishi »

Akonas wrote: Oh, and where is Oman? He posted in another thread; he's probably just about to post here.
Oman is not in this game. I will give Qman until Sunday to post, or I will seek replacement.

For the record, Qman posted in another thread that he has limited access until January 2.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

akonas wrote:I think the whole self-immunity thing has been discounted; it's in the interests of both town and scum. As a townie, well, it can get things riled up, get people to jump on you (either they don't realize it, or they're trying to mislead the town).

Vote:hasdgfas.
It was not just for self-immunity. You OMGUS'ed farside without reasoning, when he had pretty good reasons for all his statements. Now you OMGUS me for voting you, saying that my vote was unreasonable because the self-immunity "scumtell" has been discounted? Fine, it is a null-tell, but that was not my only reason for voting you. OMGUSFOS'ing farside for no good reason. You OMGUS'ing me now and trying to twist my words makes me even happier with my vote.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Rishi »

Prodding QuickBen.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:13 am

Post by QuickBen »

You did? Oh yeah, you did. Whoops.

I do think that Akonas is blowing things out of proportion. Not sure if the overreaction is a scumtell or just his playstyle though. Its been WAY too long since I've played, and I honestly don't have time to go read one of his games to metagame him.

Leaving my immunity vote on ibby for the moment.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:13 am

Post by opie »

Okay, I'm not sure if I follow you Akonas. Do you have any reason to suspect farside22 and hasdgfas as a scum pair other than the fact that they are have both been suspicious of you? And if you are sure that both are scum, then why did you single out hasdgfas over farside22 for your vote?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”