Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:12 am

Post by Aelyn »

I'm also happy to have ZB lynched - I was considering moving my FOS over earlier, but didn't want to until EYNH had posted. Now he has...

Un-FOS EYNH

ZB, anything to say in your defence before we lynch you? A roleclaim perhaps?

Remember, everyone, the only way information will be revealed about any numbers are if a) the mod votecounts between ZB getting 16 and 24 votes or b) the mod posts the lynch after only a few people post.

Frankly, I think the best option (in that case) is for two of us to put votes on ZB early, then another three to put votes on as close to one another as possible. The only way for us to learn numbers in this situation is if the first two have an average of 8 or greater - in other words: {9,10}, {8,10}, {6,10} or {8,9}, which is only four out of 28 possibilities - and a 14% chance of that information being revealed is one I'm willing to risk.

That said, I'm not gonna put my votes on until ZB has had another chance to defend himself.
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:21 am

Post by Zanath Brast »

So, mathcam, it's a game of vibes, not logic? Are you just shrugging aside everything I'm saying in my defense and using a vague excuse to jump on the Zanath bandwagon? You could at least say that you agree with what everyone else is saying, but just saying that I'm giving you a bad vibe... well, that's almost enough for me to change my FoS to you. You just sound too eager to get someone lynched, and I happened to be an available target.

Not really an FoS for "voting" purposes, but an FoS anyway: mathcam
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:25 am

Post by Zanath Brast »

Gotta love that simul-posting.

Fine. I'll claim. I'm the cop. That's why I wanted to know if the cop should come out now in a game this small. I investigated someone last night and found a Town-aligned role. I won't reveal exactly who I investigated, since that would probably result in his/her death.

I am now at the mercy of the Mafia. I can only hope that there is a doc out that who believes me. Then maybe I can survive the night get to work so I can give you guys some real information that can let us eliminate the Mafia.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:27 am

Post by mathcam »

Zanath Brast wrote:So, mathcam, it's a game of vibes, not logic?
It's unquestionably both.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about your defense. Defense against what? How do you feel that you have demonstrated that you are less likely to be scum than someone else?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:29 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh yeah, and ....
Quailman wrote: I wish there was a math expert here who could help.
...har dee har har.

:)

Cam
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:33 am

Post by Zanath Brast »

mathcam wrote:I'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about your defense. Defense against what? How do you feel that you have demonstrated that you are less likely to be scum than someone else?
I'm talking about everybody becoming suspicious at me for my suggestions to the town. My suggestion to claim numbers, and my suggestion for the cop to come out. I made justifications for the suggestions. That's what I mean by defense.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:07 am

Post by Quailman »

A cop who found an innocent? I don't believe you.
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:08 am

Post by Zanath Brast »

You don't believe me? You seriously don't believe me? In a game where the town almost certainly outnumbers the scum, you don't believe that I found an innocent? Well, I'm sorry that I don't have that kind of luck.

Quailman, your refusal to believe anything I say with little argument against my case really makes me think
you
are scum. If this weren't Decimafia, I'd put a confirmed vote on you.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:11 am

Post by Quailman »

I think you're trying to get the real cop to reveal himself.
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:18 am

Post by Zanath Brast »

Oh. Okay, I understand what you mean. You think that I'm scum claiming cop, so that the "real" cop comes out and gets killed tonight. Well, if that's the case, I challenge the "real" cop to come out now. I have a vague suspicion to believe that there might be a second cop in this game, but I'd like to see first if someone out there is willing to claim cop as well.
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:19 am

Post by Zanath Brast »

And before you say that go and say that Quailman is right, that I do want the "real" cop to reveal himself, remember that we should still have a doc in this game who can protect him/her.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Aelyn »

*Shrug* Your insistence on relying on the doctor's protection strikes me as very dangerous.

Somehow, I have a strong suspicion that you are a mafia roleblocker. Either you're lynched (well, it was gonna happen anyway), or you survive and another claimed cop does (Block him overnight, the doc wastes protection, oh look unimpeded death to the town), or you manage to get a real cop lynched.

And I'm sorry, but this bit:
Zanath Brast wrote:You think that I'm scum claiming cop, so that the "real" cop comes out and gets killed tonight. Well, if that's the case, I challenge the "real" cop to come out now.
Seems to beg the question.

Sorry, I don't buy your claim.

On the minute off-chance that we are wrong, however, you should let us know who it is you know to be innocent. No sense in lowering our chances due to our folly.

I'm prepared to lynch ZB.
Vote: Zanath Brast
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:36 pm

Post by Quailman »

I'm ready also.
vote: Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Zanath Brast
Townie
Zanath Brast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:58 pm

Post by Zanath Brast »

You force me into a roleclaim, and then you don't believe me. I really wonder if you would have believed me no matter what role I am.

I was holding this back with the hopes of fooling the Mafia, but I guess there's no point now. I play a double-role as a cop and a doc. Each night, I can choose to protect or investigate. That's what I meant by having a "vague suspicion" that there's another cop. The town power roles would be weak if both investigation and protection lay on one person (me). It'd make more sense if there were two of me. However, I didn't know for sure, so I didn't reveal my protection power because if I did, the Mafia would feel more free to target me tonight.

And I investigated mathcam. I know I FoSed him, but there's always the possibility of a Godfather. He was acting too oddly for me to be absolutely sure.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:20 pm

Post by mathcam »

It all just seems a little convenient.

Vote: Zanath Brast

Cam
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:26 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Since we don't want numbers to be revealed, I'll add my
vote: Zanath Brast
. FOS-ing (which more or less equals voting in this game) an investigated player is very strange.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:46 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Final Vote Tally
:

Zanath Brast
- (Aelyn, Quailman, mathcam, Astronaut)

After a great deal of finger-pointing, the Decimal residents finally began lining up to drag Zanath Brast to the gallows. Aelyn and Quailman grabbed his arms, but Zanath wouldn't budge. mathcam lifted him by the legs, but their combined strength still wasn't enough to move him. Finally, with Astronaut's help, the group was able to lift him and get him tied up properly.

A quick search of his pockets turned up two things, a novelty button with the printed message "Zanath Brast is #1!" and an oddly shaped device. The left side consists of a narrow beam angling up toward the right. The right side, beginning just below the right side of the aforementioned beam is two silver teardrop-shaped pieces of metal, connected at their points and lain along the horizontal axis. It requires some playing around with it and visualization before you realize that the device is a weapon for eliminating numbers! Zanath must not have been a good guy.

Zanath Brast,
1, Mafia
, has been lynched.

Also, I've noted that I neglected to properly transcribe a step in the deadline lynch hierarchy. It wasn't relevant today so I'm simply going to add it back in. You might want to reread that section of the rules.

Night choices due by Monday, 11 PM EDT
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Even with the previous day's death of their much despised 1, the Decimalians still know how to count the number of deaths that occurred during the night. Aelyn's lifeless remains are sprawled in a bloody heap across his entryway rug. His bathrobe hangs open, revealing yet another # tattoo.

Aelyn,
9, Cult
has been killed.

With 36 alive, 19 to lynch and
at deadline.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:24 pm

Post by Quailman »

Only one death - that of a third (!) cult member. That is good.

Nanook's last post, at a time when several reasons why Zanath looked scummy had been spelled out in the thread:
NanookTheWolf wrote:Alright, I've read this page's posts and honestly I don't find Zanath all that scummy. For one, he has been the most active here, two his reaction to the fos's isn't what I would expect from scum, I mean at least he is explaining his actions, and three I don't think it is the wisest move for mafia to suggest the cop come out.

That to me is more of a newbie move, although I don't know how long ZB has played mafia.

Now if ZB is a known player of mafia for a while then my ideals may change, but for now that is how I feel.
I posted teh entire reply so he can't accuse me of taking it out of context, but it's the "honestly I don't find Zanath all that scummy" that sounded an alarm with me.

FOS: Nanook
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:45 am

Post by mathcam »

I agree with that.
FOS (but not ready to vote): Nanook
. Let's hear from him.

Cam
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:18 am

Post by Aelyn »

Bah :(
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:39 am

Post by Astronaut »

The Nanook quote Quailman mentions is a lot like what I'm often tempted to write myself, but most of the time I keep it in because I know it's going to look really bad if the person I'm defending turns out to be scum.

I can understand that Nanook may have written this if he really thought Zanath was innocent, but it may very well have been an attempt to get his scum buddy off the hook. What bothers me most is that by the time Nanook wrote this, Zanath Brast should've been scoring high on every sane mafia player's scum-o-meter. Explanation required.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:40 am

Post by Quailman »

Since daybreak, three of the remaining players have posted and three have not.

Assasin has only posted twice since the start of the game - once to say he forgot about it and another to say he didn't have time to post but would later. He's posted elsewhere three times since daybreak.

EYNH has posted four times elsewhere since daybreak.

And the man of the hour, Nanook, has posted six times in other threads since daybreak.

I think prods are in order, or should we just proceed with the voting in the hoped that the three of us can knock off Nanook?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:16 am

Post by mathcam »

Quailman wrote: I think prods are in order, or should we just proceed with the voting in the hoped that the three of us can knock off Nanook?
Whoa, what? I'm not sure it would be a good idea to proceed with the voting even if we
knew
we had the 19. Don't you think it's worth it to wait for prods to hear everyone else's opinion?
FOS: Quailman
for that.

Seconds nomination for prods to half the players.

Cam
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:41 am

Post by Quailman »

That was a rhetorical comment. I didn't really mean it. I really think Nanook is scum and am awaiting his response.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”