camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 am

Post by camn »

Incognito wrote:Camn, reaction gathering has become such an inherent part of all my opening votes that I completely forgot to list that as one of the reasons.
You FORGOT?. Hmm.
Incognito wrote:Having said that, I'm concerned about the fact that you seem pretty set on your Haylen-is-scum sentiment but yet you haven't switched your vote to her. Reasons?
It's my new thing. I am trying out not popping my vote around all the time.
Besides, my initial vote rationale still holds.
Haylen wrote:I've been crying on and off for the past 3 hrs cause I failed an assignment due to poor structuring of sentences, poor grammar and poor punchuation.
:( (AtoE?)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Sarag »

Vote Count

Haylen (2) - Mindgamer, Incognito
camn (1) - Hoopla
Mindgamer (1) - camn
Incognito (1) - Maemuki

Not voting - Haylen

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is 6pm, Sunday 4 April, 2010 (site time). You can see a countdown timer
here
*twitches*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Incognito »

@Haylen:

I'm going to try to take your suspicions one point at a time.

- Mindgamer's vote on you was exactly like any other random vote that might happen at the start of any other game, except he used a dice tag to add what seemed like comedic value to it. Why does his "focusing on you" in the RVS make you suspicious of him?
- Yes, Maemuki clearly OMGUS'ed me. Do you find her scummy for doing so? If so, why?
- Have I ever not been aggressive in a game before? I think I'm playing fairly in-line with how I always play. As for me confirming my vote on Maemuki, you do realize that was borderline joking around, right? And my vote hopped to you for fairly legitimate reasons, don't ya think?
- Agree that camn's post 42 is slightly townish.
- And fair enough on Hoopla.

Why no vote on any one of {Mindgamer, Maemuki, Incog}?

@camn:

Yes.

You're being a bit more critical of me than I'm used to from past games. Are you scum here, or are you just worried about my ability to fool you as evidenced by Brrr Mafia?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by camn »

I'm town. And I hate you.
I intend to destroy you if you ever cross my path as scum again!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Hoopla »

Unvote, vote: Mindgamer

My vote on camn has expired. Don't understand how people are giving her town points for her post 42, though.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Haylen »

Incognito wrote:
@Haylen:

I'm going to try to take your suspicions one point at a time.

- Mindgamer's vote on you was exactly like any other random vote that might happen at the start of any other game, except he used a dice tag to add what seemed like comedic value to it. Why does his "focusing on you" in the RVS make you suspicious of him?
I find focusing on anyone at any point of the game suspicious.

- Yes, Maemuki clearly OMGUS'ed me. Do you find her scummy for doing so? If so, why?
I don't find it scummy par say, but I do want it noted for possible future references.

- Have I ever not been aggressive in a game before?
Not this agressive :?
I think I'm playing fairly in-line with how I always play. As for me confirming my vote on Maemuki, you do realize that was borderline joking around, right?
Ah...I didn't get that part. :oops:
And my vote hopped to you for fairly legitimate reasons, don't ya think?
Nope, a few posts earlier, you had said you were going to vote for me if I didn't post anything of game content in my next post, then you didn't give me a chance to post and voted me anyway. If you had thought I was scummy before that, why didnt you vote for me then? See what Im saying?

- Agree that camn's post 42 is slightly townish.
- And fair enough on Hoopla.

Why no vote on any one of {Mindgamer, Maemuki, Incog}?

It's a 6 player game, I'm not voting until I'm sure I've caught scum.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Haylen »

Why the Mindgamer vote, Hoopla?

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Hoopla »

Mindgamer reasons;

- Alright, his choice to not put someone on two votes on page 1, makes his vote not random, and deliberately cautious. Early play is telling.
- Someone else on two votes to rival Haylen is something we need, and I thought Mindgamer was a good option while being on Haylen with a weak vote.
- Very unattractive. Often is abused in public.
- Told me he hated cats.
-
Everyone needs to know I have one other reason that is best saved until later too
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:37 am

Post by camn »

I support a mindgamer lynch.

Maemuki: your thoughts on Haylen? Or anyone?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Maemuki »

First off,
Unvote
. We're out of the RVS.

She's acting like her scum self, me thinks. Not a good sign, and I smell AtoE! (like you did, camn.)

Also where is Mindgamer?
I didn't put a second vote on someone because... I wasn't in the mood to do that. Rolling Eyes
This makes me go :S.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Maemuki »

EBWOP in italics wrote:First off,
Unvote
. We're out of the RVS.

She's acting like her scum self, me thinks. Not a good sign, and I smell AtoE! (like you did, camn.)
But that's usual Haylen. Then again...I've never played with Hayl-town.

Also where is Mindgamer?
I didn't put a second vote on someone because... I wasn't in the mood to do that. Rolling Eyes
This makes me go :S.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Hoopla »

Mae - why declare being out of the RVS and unvoting, if you're not going to put a vote on someone else? And especially since you've listed a scumtell on someone, isn't that reason to vote?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 54, Hoopla wrote:Don't understand how people are giving her town points for her post 42, though.
Speaking for myself, her explanation for the whole "seems contrived" thing made more sense to me. Before 42, I couldn't figure out what her issue was with my posts, and I thought she was just throwing words that just sounded good together against me to see if they'd stick. 42 at least explained that her issue with me had at least some basis to it even though it was unfounded.

Post 55, Haylen wrote:Nope, a few posts earlier, you had said you were going to vote for me if I didn't post anything of game content in my next post, then you didn't give me a chance to post and voted me anyway. If you had thought I was scummy before that, why didnt you vote for me then? See what Im saying?
I noticed you posting elsewhere after I made that comment. That led me to think you were possibly lurking and deliberately choosing to be non-contributive, so I figured placing a vote on you might help bring you back into the game. Also, I wanted to see what camn would do when you had an additional vote on you. She kept calling you out on stuff and lamenting that you were prob-scum, but she still decided to not move her vote to you.
Post 55, Haylen wrote:It's a 6 player game, I'm not voting until I'm sure I've caught scum.
3 pages in to the last Lovers Mafia game we played together, you had your vote on Kmd. Why are you being so much more cautious this time around?

-~-~

I don't mind the Mindgamer pressure. I don't like the fact that he hasn't really produced much in the way of content as of yet, and the minor town tell that I found earlier was just that -- very minor.

Hoopla, why didn't you mention that you and Mindgamer have some experience playing with one another before?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Haylen »

Mae...you played with Hayl-Town in Mafia with Quickness (where camn and incog were) and Battle Mafia (where i gave my lovely 'fuck off im going to bed' defence with Voldjkwnjk) and another one im sure i can remember...

Why are you lying about me, Mae? :cry:

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Maemuki »

Haylen wrote:Mae...you played with Hayl-Town in Mafia with Quickness (where camn and incog were) and Battle Mafia (where i gave my lovely 'fuck off im going to bed' defence with Voldjkwnjk) and another one im sure i can remember...

Why are you lying about me, Mae? :cry:
Oh yeah. I forgot, I have a stupid short term memory. I'm sorry, nevermind. (Also, you were already dead when I replaced in to Battle Mafia.)
Mae - why declare being out of the RVS and unvoting, if you're not going to put a vote on someone else? And especially since you've listed a scumtell on someone, isn't that reason to vote?
Please tell me why should I vote before I see Mindgamer. Please.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote:
Post 54, Hoopla wrote:Don't understand how people are giving her town points for her post 42, though.
Speaking for myself, her explanation for the whole "seems contrived" thing made more sense to me. Before 42, I couldn't figure out what her issue was with my posts, and I thought she was just throwing words that just sounded good together against me to see if they'd stick. 42 at least explained that her issue with me had at least some basis to it even though it was unfounded.
Fair enough - it just seems overblown that two people felt they needed to agree upon this specific post and give it town points, when it wasn't very memorable at all to me. It feels like buddying up, trying to get her (or her influence) on your side.

You're the camn expert though - is her play so far in sync with her usual town game? What does she do differently as scum?

~~
Incognito wrote:Hoopla, why didn't you mention that you and Mindgamer have some experience playing with one another before?
I've had experience with everyone here, except you I think. I didn't think it was a necessary detail. Why should I have mentioned this?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Haylen »

I noticed you posting elsewhere after I made that comment. That led me to think you were possibly lurking and deliberately choosing to be non-contributive, so I figured placing a vote on you might help bring you back into the game. Also, I wanted to see what camn would do when you had an additional vote on you. She kept calling you out on stuff and lamenting that you were prob-scum, but she still decided to not move her vote to you.
I think I disappeared from the internets for a while after I made that other post you were on about. I didn't check back on this game til I returned and found you voted for me.

I'm being more cautious now because I learnt not to be so vote-happy in a game that begins with less players. Kmd was town, remember? I'm more aware of the mafia-maths things, despite hating it. I try not to rush into voting now.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Hoopla »

Maemuki wrote:
Please tell me why should I vote before I see Mindgamer. Please.
Voting is the primary information source in this game, and keeping your vote unused makes it harder to gauge your thoughts/motivations, because you have no committment to any bandwagon.

Wait, why are you waiting for Mindgamer anyway? Have you got some unanswered questions pending? That sounds like you're preparing yourself to vote Mindgamer. If it isn't, why not put a vote on someone else?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Incognito »

Hoopla: Yeah, camn seems all right so far. I'd say the only difference I've seen in her play so far is that she feels more paranoid about me than she usually does in past games I've played with her, but I'm taking that to mean that if she's town, she's more concerned about me than she used to be because I tricked her when I was scum in the recently completed Brr Mafia.

As for her as scum, I think she's just generally not as firm with her suspicions as she is when she's town. My experience with a her-scum is fairly limited though -- I lost against her when she was non group-scum (an SK in cr3t1ns mafier) and when she was part of a two-person scum team in SpyreX's game where the scum's role PM flavor seemed to imply the presence of another team.
Post 65, Hoopla wrote:I've had experience with everyone here, except you I think. I didn't think it was a necessary detail. Why should I have mentioned this?
You seemed to have an issue earlier on with his aversion to bandwagons, so I thought you might have maybe questioned him on the last game you two played together where you were scum, he was town, and he was fine with joining a random wagon very early on. I didn't know what to make of the fact that neither one of you seemed to bring that up.

Also, I didn't realize you played with everyone else here. You and me played with one another (VERY briefly) in a Marathon Vengeful game. You hammered me and I shot you.

@Haylen:
Fair enough, I guess.

-~-

Maemuki's 60 does make me FoS not because of the unvote or the lack of vote but because she seems somewhat wishy-washy with respect to Haylen. Also, the thing that made her ":S" about Mindgamer doesn't really seem too bad to me, so I'm not sure it's troubled her. Maemuki?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 am

Post by camn »

And I am unamused re: Hoopla's birthday status.

Meta = boring.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Haylen »

V/LA next few days. Private reasons. Police Visits. I'm gonna enjoy this :cry: I'd rather be here in my reality escape

Noted.

Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Sarag »

Vote Count

Mindgamer (2) - camn, Hoopla
Haylen (2) - Mindgamer, Incognito

Not voting - Haylen, Maemuki

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline is 6pm, Sunday 4 April, 2010 (site time). You can see a countdown timer
here
*twitches*
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Maemuki
Personally, I think that Mindgamer is taking the RVS a bit too seriously.
I don't know what the big deal is about the RVS but I will respond seriously to serious questions.
Haylen
As another side note: I had a drink (pint of pepsi) in the bar with someone on my course today ^.^ I feel very proud of myself...cause I'm scared of going out...And now she's invited me to spend some time with her family cause I don't get out much.
Yeah... that's really relevant. With all respect, but I don't understand why you would post this stuff in a mafia game of all places. I'm noting this as a general buddying attempt.
Incognito
especially coupling this with the fact that the Search function is down, which would make looking through games more difficult than it normally would. It's just a minor tell right now though.
Don't give me too much credit. It's not that hard since Hoopla has a nice organized Wiki with links to games where she was town and scum.
Hoopla
Really? I would have thought such a vivid imagination would be well capable of lying.
Since when is creativity related to the ability to lie?
Haylen
I'm suspicious of Mindgamers vote on me because he didnt have his eye on anyone else.
I didn't have my eye on you, I joke vote. Why should I include various people in my joke reasoning?
Maemuki
Also where is Mindgamer?
Right here. :)
Hoopla
Mindgamer reasons;

- Alright, his choice to not put someone on two votes on page 1, makes his vote not random, and deliberately cautious. Early play is telling.
Interesting how you call this a scumtell but ignore Haylen when she admits to the same thing later:
Haylen
I'm being more cautious now because I learnt not to be so vote-happy in a game that begins with less players.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Incognito »

How about we just lynch Haylen before she gets back?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Post by Haylen »

Incognito wrote:How about we just lynch Haylen before she gets back?
*yawn*

Mindgamer

Yeah, it was irrelevant. Can't say I really care though, I always post things like that in games - more so recently. I don't really think you can call it a buddying attempt when I talk to two of the players in this game via PM a lot, speak to another for about an hour a day on MSN and have previously had a few amusing conversations in scumchat with another. Also, Mindgamer, the only times I have tried to buddy people I was town and they were scum. It did used to be a tactic to get scum to buddy me back but I kinda realised after a while that it wasn't a tactic that was working very well.

You should include various people as a joke vote when you use a dice otherwise, there are a few people around like me who will believe you are tunnelling them :roll:

Only thing I have time to comment on.

Return to “Completed Open Games”