Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.2

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

jammer: 2: Lupo El Loco (5), Einlanzers (6)
Lupo El Loco: 2: Porkens (7), Santos (8)
Porkens: 1: VP Baltar (1)
Cartza: 1: Claramata (2)
Einlanzers: 1: jammer (4)

Not voting: Cartza, jonnydelawelsh

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently jammer would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Santos »

Lupo wrote:Are you saying that people who talk more are more likely to be scum than people who vote more?
That would be bad logic, if that is what he is saying.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Porkens »

VP Baltar wrote:And that my friends is called posting in the wrong game. :)
Oh son of a !@#$.

Sorry.
Mod, can you delete 48 please?

Mod note: Removed without deleting as I want the vote count at the top of page three
Lupo El Loco
Lupo El Loco
Townie
Lupo El Loco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Lupo El Loco »

And that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying talking is meaningless if you don't put your money where your mouth is.
[b]Lupo El Loco[/b]
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Claramata »

VP Baltar wrote:Do you think Einlanzer deserves a serious vote from you Clara? Why or why not?
Right now he seems like a likely candidate, mostly because he seemed to get overly defensive for only one vote on him. The NL vote was odd, but not outright scummy behavior, his sarcasm and defensiveness towards Jammer after the question was poised seems off to me.

unvote
Vote: Einlanzers
"Actual reality. Act up. [b]Fight AIDS!!![/b]" -- Rent

[b]The AniX Theory:[/b] "Well, Gabe, lets end world hunger...WAIT A SECOND, ARE THOSE TWO DUDES GETTING MARRIED? FUCK WORLD HUNGER, WE GOT TO STOP THIS FAG MARRIAGE! TO THE GODMOBILE!"
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Einlanzers »

I guess jammer's logic for voting on me makes sense. Try to get me to talk, but it's a dual-edge sword, I believe he did it because he knows who is scum and who is not. And know that I am not scum makes it easy for him to vote for me to be lynched and use logic to make you guys agree with him.

I agree as previous mentioned that the people that are overly talkative are the people trying to "control" the game and therefore are the ones most likely to be scum. I maintain my vote and hope I am right in the end.
jonnydelawelsh
jonnydelawelsh
Townie
jonnydelawelsh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 am

Post by jonnydelawelsh »

Vote: Cartza
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Zorblag »

Mod note: Votes need to be bolded to count. To type in bold you can use the following format:

Code: Select all

[b]Vote:  Zorblag[/b]

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 am

Post by jammer »

Einlanzers wrote:I guess jammer's logic for voting on me makes sense. Try to get me to talk, but it's a dual-edge sword, I believe he did it because he knows who is scum and who is not. And know that I am not scum makes it easy for him to vote for me to be lynched and use logic to make you guys agree with him.
Ok, so your reasoning is, jammer is scum. He knows who is scum for that reason. He votes me becouse I am not scum. And becouse he votes me and I am not scum, he must be scum?
Sounds something like a circular reasoning. :roll:

So ''my logic'' makes sense. Still you vote me for doing it?

I agree as previous mentioned that the people that are overly talkative are the people trying to "control" the game and therefore are the ones most likely to be scum. I maintain my vote and hope I am right in the end.
I tend to disagree, I think town is more interested in lynching mafia, then mafia would be in leading a wrong lynch. I think that interest would be showed in posts.
I don't plan changing my vote as well. :)

jonnydelawelsh wrote:Vote: Cartza
Nice to see you here posting here.
jammer wrote: @jonnydelawelsh, what do you like about mafia, and makes you want to play it?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

Einlanzers wrote:Well seeing as noone posted, I had no idea what anyone's personality was, so I couldn't even try to guess who was scum and who wasn't.
His very next post:
Einlanzers wrote:I believe he (jammer) did it because he knows who is scum and who is not.
Woah there pardner, are you saying you now know his personality enough to unload this much of a direct scum-accusation?

unvote

vote: Einlanzers

L-2 (2 votes away from a lynch)

If he flips scum I already think his partner is jonny, for that chainsaw-defense vote.
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Claramata »

Sorry for sounding like a Newb, Porkens, but what's a chainsaw-defense vote and why does Johnny's vote seem like one to you?

[b]The AniX Theory:[/b] "Well, Gabe, lets end world hunger...WAIT A SECOND, ARE THOSE TWO DUDES GETTING MARRIED? FUCK WORLD HUNGER, WE GOT TO STOP THIS FAG MARRIAGE! TO THE GODMOBILE!"
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

I might be misusing the term, but from my understanding it means this;

When one scum comes under fire/suspicion/votes, the OTHER scum will vote/FOS/Attacj their attacker for, ostensibly, unrelated reasons. Basically "your attacking my partner, so I'm going to attack you."

Since Johnny hasn't said a word about you (Clara), but voted for you right after you voted for Lazerz, it comes off (to me, at least) as the kind of defense listed above.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ah, but go go gadget reading. Cartza and Carla are, in fact, different.

Please ignore me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I actually think the Einlanzers wagon is moving a bit quickly. I need to read over again, but he is coming off very noobish (ie voting No lynch) and is reading as town with his overdefensiveness.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yeah, it could be. I'd like to keep the pressure on for a little while, though; at least till his next post.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

I don't know what else you want me to say.

1) I didn't want to vote for anybody at the beginning because I didn't want to lynch of potential ally. The way I see it is this. Possible scenarios:
Starting Off: 7 Town, 2 Mafia
a) No Lynch
7 Town, 2 Mafia (100%)
So I have 6 allies to investigate and vote for 2 Mafia.

b) Random vote
6 Town, 2 Mafia (75%)
So I have only 5 allies.
OR
7 Town, 2 Mafia (25%)
Still have 6 allies, but only a 2/8 chance of being right.
I like to play the odds, and seeing that the best odds (especially with 0 information at my disposal) it seemed like me voting a No Lynch would prove to help me the best overall.

2) I voted for jammer because he seemed to be overly talkative and seems to be hiding something by trying to focus the attention on everyone else. I admit it's also somewhat of a personal attack aswell as it seemed irrational/mean to vote for me because I was trying to be altruistic.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I will let your attackers step in here and say their bit before I explain why No Lynch on Day 1 is a bad thing.

Your reasons for voting jammer seemed to be based entirely on the fact that he voted you, Ein, and likely has very little to do with him being "overly talkative" (which isn't a great reason to vote either). I know sometimes it's not fun to be attacked in this game, but it is something you have to deal with. It's not mean of a player to vote you. It's just part off the game and I wouldn't take it personally.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Claramata »

A no lynch vote hinders the town because our most powerful weapon is our vote, a NL loses us an opportunity to find scum and gives them the advantage of a night kill before we've even attempted to push them out.

Admittedly I'm not a numbers person, so I don't know if the odds Ein is reporting are correct, but I've always been under the impression that early-game NLs tend to hurt us.

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Porkens »

NL takes all power away from the town. It only works on EM so well because the setups are all open and familiar enough to "game."

Rest assured that 1 vote != a lynch. Most of forums mafia is voting for one another and seeing how the pressure, or lack thereof, affects people. Your declarative "I'm not voting because I don't want to risk lynching a townie therefore I'm so protown" wont hold water, unfortunately.

I'm not saying that it MAKES you scum to have that position, but that combined with your OMGUS (oh my god you suck) vote on your attacker, in my experience, are definitely scum-tells.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Santos »

@Lupo, what are we betting?
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by jammer »

Einlanzers wrote:I like to play the odds, and seeing that the best odds (especially with 0 information at my disposal) it seemed like me voting a No Lynch would prove to help me the best overall.
I'll try to explain it short.

A NL D1 basically gives one oppertunity less and lower odds at catching mafia the following days, unless you NL D2 as well. And get the last 2 days of the RL variation. Furthermore a RL gives info about how people respong to being voted, and if there are teams, how those work.

7-2 NL -> 6-2 (25% catching mafia)-> 4-2(33% catching mafia)->not one mafia is lose

7-2 RL (22% catching mafia)-> 5-2 (28% catching mafia)->3-2 (40% catching mafia)->not a single mafia is lose
Einlanzers wrote:2) I voted for jammer because he seemed to be overly talkative and seems to be hiding something by trying to focus the attention on everyone else. I admit it's also somewhat of a personal attack aswell as it seemed irrational/mean to vote for me because I was trying to be altruistic.
Actually I think, I focus attention on myself with asking questions to everyone. What makes you think I have something to hide?

Question, if I voted someone else that would have voted NL. Would you have voted me for that?

Porkens wrote:NL takes all power away from the town. It only works on EM so well because the setups are all open and familiar enough to "game."
It works on EM becouse many setups work with a milo->lylo system. But if there is a mislynch it'll be stupid (in most cases) to not use it.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Einlanzers »

UnVote
Vote: jonnydelawelsh

After re-reading this entire thread it looks like he either:
A) Is scum and is affiliating with scum to bring down a towny
or
B) Is just hopping on the bandwagon voting for someone who hasn't really posted anything yet.
Either way he doesn't appear to be an asset to the townies. And seeing as I'll probably be lynched anyways I may aswell go down trying to help the town out.

And to reply to the NL comments:
It makes sense that not voting takes away from the town the ability to cast out scum, but random voting gets you nowhere aswell. I DO agree that now what I should have done is just wait until people starting talking then vote for the suspicious ones. Give me a break. This is my first game :P.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

Post by jammer »

Einlanzers wrote:
UnVote
Vote: jonnydelawelsh

After re-reading this entire thread it looks like he either:
A) Is scum and is affiliating with scum to bring down a towny
or
B) Is just hopping on the bandwagon voting for someone who hasn't really posted anything yet.
He made 2 posts at this thread, a '/comfirm' post and a 'vote Cartza' post. How do you get those conclusions?
You turned 100% on the talkers are mafia idea. And now vote a lurker, the same thing you accuse him of?
Either way he doesn't appear to be an asset to the townies. And seeing as I'll probably be lynched anyways I may aswell go down trying to help the town out.
Who is that asshat you're talking about. Directed at jonny or me?
And to reply to the NL comments:
It makes sense that not voting takes away from the town the ability to cast out scum, but random voting gets you nowhere aswell. I DO agree that now what I should have done is just wait until people starting talking then vote for the suspicious ones. Give me a break. This is my first game :P.
I don't see a point in waiting untill something happens.
The random voting stage(I actual first time heard about it, here) gives people something to talk where you then can base your 'real' votes off. If everyone waits for something suspicious, nothing suspicious happens.

Not planning to give anyone a break, no matter how new they are. :wink:

Reminds me Cartza and jonny have posted little. Both of you speak more and get an avatar!
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Santos »

Lupo, would you agree or disagree with Einlanzers thoughts on jonny?

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Filler as I want a vote count on the next page and I'll be at a funeral most of tomorrow.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”