Pikmin Mafia (Over, Extermination Completed)

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:28 am

Post by kuribo »

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MORONS LET GIF GO AFTER FUCKING CLAIMING SCUM

OR OVERSOUL AFTER HE DEFENDED DAN AGAINST DGB

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW THE FUCK

if ever I find myself in a game with majiffy or mollie again I will kill myself

I replaced out because I actually became concerned that I may punch one of you in real life

And fuck you mollie for boasting that you had trolled me out of the fucking game. You were so insufferable to DGB and myself that you should be fucking ashamed.

I've said my piece, go fuck yourselves. Sorry dram, but I explained my views when I replaced out
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:30 am

Post by kuribo »

OVERSOUL carried that fucking scum team and two seconds of thought would have revealed him as a fake claim

OS you did good

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:31 am

Post by ActionDan »

carry me harder OS
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 am

Post by kuribo »

Actually AA did good too

HD played well but an increasingly insurmountable wall of feces was his burden to fight against

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 am

Post by ActionDan »

I thought that OS and GIF would get lynched and AA would go to 4p mylo. And probably win.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 am

Post by ActionDan »

All CF Riot had to do was claim SK + all his actions and bam, dead OS
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:40 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 4878, kuribo wrote:HD played well but an increasingly insurmountable wall of feces was his burden to fight against
yeah xisiq/gif was obvious scum all game

it hurt bad
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:47 am

I think part of the problem is that lurker never got replaced so town didn't have enough voting power to lynch scum also
Are you ready for this?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 am

Post by kuribo »

Lynching DGB after she outed Dan was dumb too

OS pushed that wagon brilliantly and never suffered repercussion

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 am

Post by ActionDan »

Well he claimed first to she was a killing power. that helped.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Oversoul »

No one is able to read me...
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

Scum QT I don't know if Dram included it in the flip.

Is there a Dead QT?

I'm just happy this is over... I was in like 3 scums at once and this is the final one so that is a massive amount of stress off my shoulders. I have more comments about the game... setup... players... etc when I'm not tired. I do have a lot to say about this game.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:01 am

Post by CF Riot »

The SK role for this game was very well thought out. I wish I could've played it better, there were lots of options and I really didn't take advantage of those like I should have. The last night before I died I missed action submission deadline or OS would've died. Tough luck. Considered claiming SK but I wasn't really routing for town or scum to win so I just took my lynch, gave my reads and let it play out on its own.

Good game.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:08 am

Post by Gollum »

I agree that scum played well
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 am

AA9 and OS actually did play pretty well I agree
Are you ready for this?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I didn't get lynched by a pure luck. :3
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

In post 4890, GuyInFreezer wrote:I didn't get lynched by a pure luck. :3
no it was town inactivity and apathy
Are you ready for this?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:12 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4875, kuribo wrote:HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MORONS LET GIF GO AFTER FUCKING CLAIMING SCUM

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW THE FUCK

I replaced out because I actually became concerned that I may punch one of you in real life

And fuck you mollie for boasting that you had trolled me out of the fucking game. You were so insufferable to DGB and myself that you should be fucking ashamed.

I've said my piece, go fuck yourselves. Sorry dram, but I explained my views when I replaced out
I think the day I deleted my spreadsheet that I had on kuribo was one of the saddest days I ever had on this site. I think might have even cried a little. kuribo you were the first player that intrigued me so while I was waiting for my newbie game to start I spent a good amount of time studying you (I have spreadsheets on about 22 players on this site). we actually have a lot in common.

for how I treated dgb I already apolgised and I sincerely meant it. it is up to her to do with it what she will. that whole experience made me decide to tone it down on this site (especially since I started looking at profiles and realised how young some of these people are). I found myself
liking
dgb, she seems like a pretty solid chick and she also lives in my favourite city.

I do not feel like I owe you an apology. your whole attitude towards me was extremely misogynistic and offensive. you were basically saying that majiffy was only defending me cos we were dating, not because he thinks I have a brain or am a decent mafia player. <----- one of the most offensive thing ever said to me in a game. it kind of reduced me to feeling like a piece of meat and therefore worthless and I doubt you could ever even understand why. I mean I doubt someone ever looked at you in a pre-med class on d1 and turn to you and say, "you don't look like you belong here". (so glad I switched to nursing) while my mother was a pretty liberal she still was a product of the deep south where women are pretty much programmed to believe they are inferior. I am sure some of that was unconsciously passed on to me.

but anyways you don't know anything about that and that whole experience was a good reminder that you never know what is going on with the person on the other side of the computer. thanks for that I guess.

to all of the other players I apologise for the d1 shit show I think it did a lot of damage to the game and I know I was one of 4 people who contributed to that.
whew!
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:30 pm

I still can't really get over that we didn't lynch the GiF slot at all this game
Are you ready for this?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Because I'm too nice to be lynched :<
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 pm

yeah but before that there was lurky xisiq

which is weird because people are generally fine with lynching lurky people I find

that's why I think town apathy factored hugely into the outcome of this game, the people on the right track just weren't able to find the support for the right lynches
Are you ready for this?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Oh btw the bulbmin thing wasn't a scumslip.
It was my fakeclaim.

Also, enjoyed the song?
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:54 pm

that's a weirdass fakeclaim

it really is

the line between enemy and pikmin there is too fuzzy in my personal opinion but whatever

all in all it was a fun game to play for the most part

if only people had read my xisiq case though...
Are you ready for this?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 4875, kuribo wrote:HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MORONS LET GIF GO AFTER FUCKING CLAIMING SCUM

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW THE FUCK

Short story: I was really thankful that you replaced out. It meant that you and DGB couldn't form a non role related Masonry and then ruin scum's day. :P I am sad that it was a result of incompatibility with other players but nonetheless I was thankful. As you can see from my comments in the scum QT once Dramonic announced that Lurker was going to be replaced my pupils expanded in fear. I didn't want you to return and run amok with a fresh attitude toward the game.

That said, I don't know if you have ever seen Mollie and Thor in a game... it is kinda similar. They are just incompatible as players as well. If I have any advice to give it is that you make sure you guys never interact in a game again. The implosion that shook mollie's foundation in the eyes of the town gave me enough lee way to pretty much do what I wanted as days past. It also allowed the scumteam to generally coast to victory. We chose the people who were most involved in the game and still had a head on their shoulders. Race to the bottom is an effective strategy for scum in my opinion.
In post 4887, CF Riot wrote:The SK role for this game was very well thought out. I wish I could've played it better, there were lots of options and I really didn't take advantage of those like I should have. The last night before I died I missed action submission deadline or OS would've died. Tough luck. Considered claiming SK but I wasn't really routing for town or scum to win so I just took my lynch, gave my reads and let it play out on its own.

Good game.
I thank you for that. I figured you would not claim SK because you knew it would only lead to your death anyway. If I was in your position I would have done scorched earth, but I'm petty. :P Still angry that you killed Cheery... I thought for sure that people would begin to ask questions about my role.
In post 4883, kuribo wrote:Lynching DGB after she outed Dan was dumb too

OS pushed that wagon brilliantly and never suffered repercussion
I'll get to this but the only reaction I have to DGB ACTUALLY FLIPPING VIGILANTE is :lol:
In post 4892, pirate mollie wrote:
I think the day I deleted my spreadsheet that I had on kuribo was one of the saddest days I ever had on this site. I think might have even cried a little. kuribo you were the first player that intrigued me so while I was waiting for my newbie game to start I spent a good amount of time studying you (I have spreadsheets on about 22 players on this site). we actually have a lot in common.

for how I treated dgb I already apolgised and I sincerely meant it. it is up to her to do with it what she will. that whole experience made me decide to tone it down on this site (especially since I started looking at profiles and realised how young some of these people are). I found myself
liking
dgb, she seems like a pretty solid chick and she also lives in my favourite city.

I do not feel like I owe you an apology. your whole attitude towards me was extremely misogynistic and offensive. you were basically saying that majiffy was only defending me cos we were dating, not because he thinks I have a brain or am a decent mafia player. <----- one of the most offensive thing ever said to me in a game. it kind of reduced me to feeling like a piece of meat and therefore worthless and I doubt you could ever even understand why. I mean I doubt someone ever looked at you in a pre-med class on d1 and turn to you and say, "you don't look like you belong here". (so glad I switched to nursing) while my mother was a pretty liberal she still was a product of the deep south where women are pretty much programmed to believe they are inferior. I am sure some of that was unconsciously passed on to me.

but anyways you don't know anything about that and that whole experience was a good reminder that you never know what is going on with the person on the other side of the computer. thanks for that I guess.

to all of the other players I apologise for the d1 shit show I think it did a lot of damage to the game and I know I was one of 4 people who contributed to that.
You have spread sheets on players too!? Well, I don't have spreadsheets, but I have cheat sheets for player specific tells. I should probably continue with that. It has proven itself useful over several games.

I am glad we didn't panic kill you. It gave legitimacy to me still being alive + you were really apathetic as the game went on. I don't understand why so many people are against players replacing out because they aren't having any fun.

Apathy loses games. I'd rather take the potentially game losing replacement rather than an assured, slow loss that I just have to watch in despair for months.

That said, I do think you in particular mollie have to critically ask yourself whether or not it would be fair to the other players to join a game with players you KNOW will cause problems later.

re: the Game

1. If you read the scum QT you will see me repeatedly mentioning opposing scumteam this or opposing scumteam that. For a little bit, I truly did think that there was an opposing scumteam. We were missing Louis, the second captain, as well as the Red and Blue Pikmin. Given our unique set of power and its placement among several members I thought there was the potential there could be a more consolidated scum group with those 3 characters. I mostly continued repeating the multiple scumgroup for the psychological benefit of myself and hopefully my team. I wanted to be able to legitimately scumhunt so that we could all blend in more effectively. I don't know if it worked or not but as it became more apparent there wasn't another scumteam I think we were in solid position were it wasn't about looking town, but more about getting others lynched and surviving long enough.

I will say that having both a Serial Killer and a Vigilante in the same game is kinda weird, but I do see the design point of it.

As the game progressed and the apathy set in it was more about plausible deniability and getting the mislynchable people lynched. I am sorry to ActionDan for getting him lynched. At the last minute, I changed a Mastin kill AD sent in to a Mantis kill where mollie was able to catch him. It worked out in the end, but at the time I felt like a massive jerk following his ego. I think that is about the time in the game where I began to coast hard core.

Why did I claim against DGB despite having literally NO INFORMATION that she was a) the vigilante, or b) a power role?

It literally is a legacy of Dramonic's last game I joined where I felt completely helpless as I watched that scumteam wither away. From these posts...

Subject: Purified Mafia (Over)
GLaDOS wrote:
1.)
You had five scum players against 16 town players. You needed a mere five mislynches (assuming you successfully nightkilled each night) to win. If you could establish a pattern of "Lynch Town, Lynch Scum," then you would have won the game outright because the final day would be "1 Town v 1 Mafia" whereupon the last Mafiate cannot be lynched. Therefore, a "1 for 1" mentality during the day to get rid of a "troublesome" power role would have actually been very good play, because "1 for 1"
during the day
is exactly what you needed to accomplish just to get a bare minimum win. Every mislynch you could achieve without having to sacrifice a Mafiate would have just been frosting on the cake, making it even more beneficial for such "1 for 1" trades.

2.)
Uh, yes: Mafia Bus Drivers should absolutely "go for the gold." All you need is a single night screwing with night actions to waste several Days and achieve several mislynches. Suppose the Bodyguard protected X but X died... and then a single Mafiate claims they banned "Roleblocker"? (Which, for the record, was apparently actually banned). You might get a lynch on the Bodyguard just off of that alone. When the Bodyguard flips Town,
every
claimed action will then be cast under a scrutinizing eye: can anybody trust the results of a Watcher or Tracker when there is a role that is clearly screwing with night actions?

You are acting like you were powerless to change the flow of the game, when really the tools were at your disposal.
Subject: Purified Mafia (Over)
LlamaFluff wrote:Scum was restricted in this setup but not out of it in any way since scum to town lynches needed as the same for a win. Scum just were underwhelming in this game and when town doesnt decide to just drive itself off a cliff, thats going to end badly always.

Even with the restriction thing, there were a lot of scum gambits that could have been pulled off and probably bought a whole lot of town credit. Counterclaim town, claim something beyond obscure or that just has a funky name, there were options for you beyond just claiming what you really had. Creativity was needed here and it didnt happen.

You also should have lynched LLD for if nothing else free fireworks.
Among the others on that page I felt bitter. I don't think a scum member suicide counterclaiming to remove a troublesome PR is the right move as it feels more short sighted and incredibly hard for a scumteam to manage. I will concede their points though since it worked out so well here. It is ironic that I get the role in this game that killed me in that game.

But yes, I claimed Follower against DGB because I wanted DGB to die. At first I thought about being the bomb and claiming an investigative role would either out more roles, cause the opposing killing source, if it is anti-town aligned, to kill me, or cause DGB's death. I was scared of DGB and I took Llama and Glados's words to heart that sometimes you have to "go for the gold" to get something troublesome killed. I didn't expect my claim to work out so perfectly like it did. I laughed when DGB claimed Vigilante and essentially confirmed my fake role. I used my past experiences with DGBscum as part of my case and I really went bananas with the case writing. It is something I noticed with certain scumplayers. If they design a nice case and use flashy formatting and out there reasoning that is still plausible it works for them (e.g. Nuwen). Anyway tangent is over. Okay not really. But yes I am Bumi. I said this already but I'll say again. If Mafiastuck is any indication of the stupidity I suffer from, don't ever lynch me again for being stupid. I got confirmed town Avox lynched for misunderstanding my role despite asking the mods literally what would happen in the scenario that occurred that night. I used the information I had from that game to paint a pretty picture that DGB is scum and she used it to paint a pretty picture that AD was scum, which while correct, was wrong and that angered me horribly. :P That DGB could be so wrong in her reasoning, but right in her answer.

I didn't want to claim my true fakeclaim Volatile Dweevil because there was a slight connection to it and my real role and I felt that there would be the same connection to other roles in the game that would eventually lead to people saying "Hey... lynch him." So I went with the least ridiculous move I could make and fakeclaimed an animal from the third Pikmin game that isn't even out yet. I looked it up on its wiki, saw that it had been revealed at E3, looked to see if it would "flavorfully" lead to me being a Follower and fakeclaimed it. Once mollie and HD began talking about Arc and GiF's fakeclaims meaning they are scum I panicked a lot because I felt it was only a matter of time before they saw that my animal isn't even technically out yet. That is why I wanted to push lynches the last 2 days. I didn't want anyone to have time to seriously think about my claim or how I was still alive so late in the game.

DGB, I still feel massively horrible for getting you lynched. I hope you can forgive me. I only did it to win! <3

The night kills worked really well in my favor. I wanted to kill Gollum because I feared that Nero Cain could probably out me. We've played a lot of games together and he would know if something is off. Nacho's death also greatly helped me because it allowed me to find out that Cheery was his mason partner. Once Nacho flipped and the town started clamoring for me to out my other investigation I routed through Nacho's posts. He had Cheery as a secret town read. That raised flags in my mind and when I read Cheery's posts about Nacho he said something along the lines of "I'm pretty sure that Nacho has me as town >_>" and my fakeclaim lived on from there. I desperately needed that fakeclaimed action because I didn't want to inadvertently out myself by "investigating" a PR.

I think that the day DGB got lynched and fakeclaimed on Cheery was my best day play as scum ever.

The game continues, AD gets lynched at the cost of removing a very townie looking Mantis. Yama dies like I predicted, but we find out that CF Riot is likely the BP SK which was very useful information later in the game. The night that Yama died was the low point in the game for scum. There was no discussion in the mafia QT that night and we forgot to send in a kill. I lazily stumbled into the quicktopic and tried to kill mollie not realizing that the game had already opened. Probably a good thing with the way it turned out.

My scumpartners kept telling me that HD was mislynchable but from his play I didn't think so. He had rough spots earlier in the game but he grew more townie looking as the days went by. I had wanted to kill him long before LyLo.

When I fakeclaimed on Mastin I was expecting to get lynched. I figured I had done enough removing DGB and continuing to live and creating a likely target on Mastin if my partners didn't want to kill him. The fact that he went ALONG with the fakeclaim is really, really peculiar. All I have ever noted from Mastin was that he was honest as town. When we hydra'ed I misspoke about something and felt it caused unnecessary attention on our slot as the cop, but Mastin went ahead and told the truth even after I had tried to cover it up with more lies. The fact that he went with my lie here is just mind boggling. I'd like to know his thoughts on why he did that.

I then went on to say that I was a mastermind and it was all apart of my plan. It isn't out of my town meta to act ridiculous, but I thought I had worn out my town credibility with Mastin's flip.

And then we won amazingly. The game was long and the road to the end was trialing but I am glad that at least a few of us are happy at the outcome.

To the town, I am sorry that you guys had to endure that and watch slowly as your chances of winning dwindled when the remaining town members didn't seem to care. I've been there and know the feeling.

So yeah, I think that is everything I wanted to say.

Probably not gonna join the next Dram game because he keeps making me scum. :shifty:
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 4893, Human Destroyer wrote:I still can't really get over that we didn't lynch the GiF slot at all this game
All I transfer was that you and Xisi were in some kind of fight. Don't recall an actual case, but then I stopped reading a fair bit of what was happening after my death.

I can give the dead thread link http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/4xRjgPy3Uny
Though fire didn't want the mason qt released.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”