Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4825 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4824, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4821, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4818, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i'm using kemusan as a baseline
A one game baseline does not a town meta make.

Also I was scum that game and super fucking checked out sorry, my memory of it was "the one that barely got away in 4P" and that's about it.
i mean sure
i was a lot more motivated than i think you were

he actually cared *a lot* the solve given the numbers of remaining pairs + making sure lld didn't have the agency to mess with things
Yes, which is why I'm entertaining this convo, because I am not nearly as +towning him as Spay.

The "I forgot my night action lul" thing is something he is CAPABLE of being brazen enough to do. Dude loves openwolfing as comedy and getting away with it. The question is the odds. (And if this is the case and fire ever flips red, Peta making it a firm point kinda worries me, future-person-lsitening-to-the-morph-shrooms.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4826 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 5:52 pm

Post by morph the cat »

8 minutes. It's strawberry with a lemon curd and strawberry buttercream! And I'm doing a big sunflower on top for my mother, in gold fondant.
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4827 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 5:57 pm

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

Huh i think i just realized something
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4828 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 5:58 pm

Post by wolfbae »

In post 4813, morph the cat wrote: We can talk about your tenancy to choose twinky furry boys as your alt avatars instead?

I'm not mad about it~
~_~

In post 4814, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4811, wolfbae wrote: yeah but 2024 me is different than 2020 me I don't have the spark as scum anymore

I do think it's like, not actually hard to read what I've done as town this game but people on this site get into their heads too much about it. But to keep myself from getting annoyed over it I try to have fun with it. And it's funny to me to make jokes about it to skitter who is perpetually unable to read me correctly.

This isn't really game advancing at all sorry
I'm mostly razzing you. See your position in the reads list.
Yeah it's cool, razz away, I just felt like being a little reflective

In post 4819, morph the cat wrote: This really feels more like a "this is a normal but the NRG sucks and also I have a few pet normalish roles they don't let into their toxbox" setup more every bit of info I see about it by the by.
I respect Ceph for trying to make bookie happen. Large games on here could use more killing roles.

In post 4825, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4824, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4821, morph the cat wrote:
In post 4818, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i'm using kemusan as a baseline
A one game baseline does not a town meta make.

Also I was scum that game and super fucking checked out sorry, my memory of it was "the one that barely got away in 4P" and that's about it.
i mean sure
i was a lot more motivated than i think you were

he actually cared *a lot* the solve given the numbers of remaining pairs + making sure lld didn't have the agency to mess with things
Yes, which is why I'm entertaining this convo, because I am not nearly as +towning him as Spay.

The "I forgot my night action lul" thing is something he is CAPABLE of being brazen enough to do. Dude loves openwolfing as comedy and getting away with it. The question is the odds. (And if this is the case and fire ever flips red, Peta making it a firm point kinda worries me, future-person-lsitening-to-the-morph-shrooms.
I have been wrong before and I will be wrong many times more in the future

but the vibes of him being scum are not there for me

(I had one funny thought overnight that if the ActionDan/experience slot is scum, firebringer is more likely to be scum, simply because that is a slot scum look at and ask "how is no one scumreading this?". but then I scuttled that thought because I assumed scum wouldn't know about the neighborhood. Still don't think his stuff today comes from scum but like I could be wrong.
super secret alt
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4829 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4353, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 4347, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4344, Shello and Goodbye wrote: Sure, what about it

Pedit i need more than that ...
i wanted you to explain in more depth so i can understand it.
So far i have im scum for defending brian. Then you also said my interactions with end of day wagons was sus but i think thats related to defending brian. That can't be it.
- you defended brian; i don't think all of the scum bussed him and/or just let him get wagoned without trying to do anything abt it

I'm kinda used to firebringer having bad early, especially day 1 reads.
- also defended cakez (i think yesterday was svs, yes this is a preflip)

He defended cakez and also mused on his tendency to townread and defend scum-cakez. It resonated even while I was more suspicious of him. see xenoblade 2 game. I had a low key scumread of firebringer over that defense for the entire 3 calendar days I was alive in that game. that's how long it took to yeet scum-cakez.
- i feel like you're trying to just kind of like ~vibe, you're kind of around and saying things but you're kind of lacking some level of conviction and oomph that makes me feel like you're trying to solve or like you have scumreads that you want to see die

n retrospect, I have empathized with his frustration about lack of scum reads and also about wanting players to come at him so he could develop reads off their lines of attack.

E.g. you scumread bingle, offered to scumcase bingle, and then just didn't despite people asking

fair point that I agreed with.
- you're doing things that feel like busywork, like asking people to state their reads so that you can collate them and find nullreads that way eod yesterday. Thatnever went anywhere, and you never made any conclusions from it, and it isn't even a good way to form reads imo

I made a similar observation abut the reads collation and declined to follow the format.
Our last game was probably kemusan (both town)

yeah.

We went into Night 1 planning to investigate you or firebringer. Our thoughts about how much of an asset/threat you and ydra could be tilted the scale your direction, but it was close.

I'm just nonplussed at how angry he got at me for being snarky this gameday. Feel a little bad about it, but also schadenfreude.
wolfbae
wolfbae
Goon
wolfbae
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4830 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 6:17 pm

Post by wolfbae »

firebringer defending cakez shouldn't be read as alignment indicative because he probably does it as either alignment. I could see it being a white-knight angle. Meh.

maybe there's an angle where he legitimately forgets to submit a night action N1 and the scumteam is so AFK that no one proxies for him. IDK. Strange thoughts at 1 AM.
super secret alt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4831 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I demand a cop-vention tonight.

I want to be involved in the fun thing, and unlike *seemingly every single person who got one last night* I can use the damn thing lol
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4832 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 6:39 pm

Post by morph the cat »

My lemon curd leaked out the frosting dam :/

Fixable but very visible on end product. Sigh. Will taste delicious.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4833 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 7:21 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4831, Lukewarm wrote: I demand a cop-vention tonight.

I want to be involved in the fun thing, and unlike *seemingly every single person who got one last night* I can use the damn thing lol
tbh you're probably going to be somebody who i'll consider giving an invention to.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #4834 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 7:42 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 4827, Shello and Goodbye wrote: Huh i think i just realized something
??
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4835 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4744, Lukewarm wrote: I moved my vote due to the gypyx "townslip"

Both experience and gypyx making it real obvious they simply are not choosing to read the game thread is pretty frustrating regardless of their respective alignments.

I am not really surprised that experience would do that, but Kagerou was so on top of the happenings of the game, so this it is pretty disappointing for gypyx.

I'll probably revisit how much stock I'm gonna put in the gypyx post at some point
Apologies for that, i'm managing to get my head more into this game though and should be able to be more in flow with the thread
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4836 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4616, Firebagel wrote: Like really if you want a super barebones summary: Dragons plays low key and indifferent as town, and that's not at all what I'm seeing here.
This is like exactly what I’m seeing here lol

At least for all of Day 1
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4837 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Gypyx “not being aware” that Hermit Crab is a mason is not even close to a town slip, let’s drop that please. That would not be something difficult for scum in her position to fabricate.

I’m not necessarily townreading Gypyx’s recent content but do think if she maintains this level of activity her alignment will become obvious to me over time so I don’t really want to eliminate there.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4838 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4793, morph the cat wrote: Attention Mouse:

YOU ARE ON BLAST BECAUSE YOU SUCK
I’m listening
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4839 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:40 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Firebagel has taken a nosedive for me today. I identify with pushing a confident scum read at every opportunity, but the way they are painting literally everything STD is doing as scummy feels so disingenuous to me.

Considering experience’s incredibly incriminating behavior this Day phase, the fact that Firebagel’s confidence in STD hasn’t been shaken somewhat is pretty unbelievable and makes me think they are forcing the read rather than going into it genuinely trying to ascertain STD’s alignment.

Speaking of which, consider my vote on experience (not sure where the VC is currently so not voting just in case). I don’t care to entertain a world where town!experience acknowledges a post in the neighborhood with cop invention targets for everyone but still doesn’t realize that everyone in there has the same role. If he wasn’t reading, would he not question how anyone knew he was an inventor in the first place? Or wonder why EVERYONE had a list for their invention target in the hood? I think he was in a vulnerable position trying to dumbtell for easy town points and it backfired tremendously.

And if he does flip Town I won’t really feel bad about it, so win-win.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4840 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:51 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4826, morph the cat wrote: 8 minutes. It's strawberry with a lemon curd and strawberry buttercream! And I'm doing a big sunflower on top for my mother, in gold fondant.
pics or it didn't happen
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4841 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:52 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4831, Lukewarm wrote: I demand a cop-vention tonight.

liking this post from lukewarm i think

bottom text
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4842 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:56 pm

Post by experience »

In post 4839, Spiffeh wrote: Speaking of which, consider my vote on experience (not sure where the VC is currently so not voting just in case). I don’t care to entertain a world where town!experience acknowledges a post in the neighborhood with cop invention targets for everyone but still doesn’t realize that everyone in there has the same role. If he wasn’t reading, would he not question how anyone knew he was an inventor in the first place? Or wonder why EVERYONE had a list for their invention target in the hood? I think he was in a vulnerable position trying to dumbtell for easy town points and it backfired tremendously.
this feels like a gross mischaracterisation of events.
we all knew we were inventors because it was in the name of the hood.
what was
not
in the hood was that we were all
cop
inventors.
it's really getting on my nerves here that today so many people are misinterpreting (hopefully not in bad faith) me having a brainfart and not realising that we weren't just all inventors but
specifically
cop
inventors.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4843 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok to be fair I did forget about the neighborhood being named something that would indicate they were all inventors.

Experience, any thoughts about Gypyx’s recent posts? Is she still your strongest scum read?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4844 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:01 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4842, experience wrote:
In post 4839, Spiffeh wrote: Speaking of which, consider my vote on experience (not sure where the VC is currently so not voting just in case). I don’t care to entertain a world where town!experience acknowledges a post in the neighborhood with cop invention targets for everyone but still doesn’t realize that everyone in there has the same role. If he wasn’t reading, would he not question how anyone knew he was an inventor in the first place? Or wonder why EVERYONE had a list for their invention target in the hood? I think he was in a vulnerable position trying to dumbtell for easy town points and it backfired tremendously.
this feels like a gross mischaracterisation of events.
we all knew we were inventors because it was in the name of the hood.
what was
not
in the hood was that we were all
cop
inventors.
it's really getting on my nerves here that today so many people are misinterpreting (hopefully not in bad faith) me having a brainfart and not realising that we weren't just all inventors but
specifically
cop
inventors.
Correct me if i'm wrong but weren't you aware of someone else being a cop inventor too?

bottom text
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4845 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am

Post by experience »

In post 4843, Spiffeh wrote: Ok to be fair I did forget about the neighborhood being named something that would indicate they were all inventors.

Experience, any thoughts about Gypyx’s recent posts? Is she still your strongest scum read?
i have no idea anymore about her alignment.
her posts seem to like it's possible for her to post as either alignment.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4846 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am

Post by experience »

as in her latest posts
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4847 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 am

Post by experience »

i do agree with you tho that gypyx not knowing hc is a mason, isn't a really a townslip.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4848 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also do you think it’s unreasonable for people to not be buying your explanation here?

Assuming you’re Town, do you feel anyone on your wagon is specifically capitalizing on your mistake to push your mis-elimination?

PEdit: @Experience
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4849 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 am