Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count

StrangerCoug 1 - (Cephrir)
Apothecary 3 - (StrangerCoug, Ythill, MacavityLock)
Ythill 1 - (LLamaFluff)

Not voting 6 - (Apothecary, Atlas, Corvuus, Elmo, Jazzmyn, MiteyMouse)

With eleven players alive, it takes six votes to lynch.

Atlas has been prodded.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Apothecary wrote:With this number of people, I assumed that there'd only be two.
I've seen two-man scum teams in a twelve-player game, but more common is three, just so you know.
Apothecary wrote:But a power role should keep himself concealed. To reveal yourself at Day one is just like signing your own death warrant. You've practically doomed yourself, regardless of whether or not you are a power role!
Uhh... Last time I checked, not claiming your role when you're at L-1 will only serve to get that warrant signed faster since a refusal to claim is a scum tell. That's why some people demand that people at L-1 "claim or die". There is also rarely any danger in lynching a claimed vanilla, which is why I said that for a doc to claim vanilla is suicide.

Mod: Both games referenced below are completed.

I've been driven to claim doc on day one before (Newbie 630), and I really was the doc in that game. The Mafia had a roleblocker, and they opted to block instead of kill me, but even though I ended up losing I managed to avoid getting lynched.

I've also been driven to claim vig on Day 1 (I'd have to double-check the number, but I think it was Open 80), and once again I made a truthful claim. After I survived an attempted Mafia kill, said Mafia decided to keep me around since that's what I got for announcing my intended targets out loud. That wasn't won either, but I was able to force the game into a draw.
Apothecary wrote:And if you are the power role, then congrats. You just reduced your value for the town. You'll have to choose whether to protect yourself at night, or to risk your life for someone else. If you had remained secret, you would have been a damn sight more useful.
I lost the option to keep my role a secret when I got to L-1. I am forbidden from protecting myself, as most docs are, so that's not an available option either.

So, in a nutshell: Yes, I am well aware of the fact that my protection ability is now useless, but it is still invalid to present something I was forced to do as a case against me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: It was Open 81, not Open 80.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unvote

SC, do you have any games in which you have been scum and were lynched or nearly lynched, and/or in which you fake-claimed a PR?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Apothecary »

So three scum is the common number in this set up.
Thank you for informing me.
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:I'm stubborn when I think im right, so when people stop suspecting someone who they obviously have at their top pick, it really bothers me.
So your suspicion boils down to the fact that you suspect me because I do not play like you do. Also, I didn't stop suspecting Atlas. He's moved down my list due to some of his defenses, but he's still a suspect.
May be partially true. I forget who said it but it was "One of Llamas main problems is that he thinks everyone should play like him as town". Regardless, I think abandoning the Atlas case at the time you did is definantly a scum tell.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:Nice way of making my wording null my point. When I said that, what I ment was that I see no town motives for weakening your own case.
Actually, I misunderstood you. And again, your suspicions can be traced back to our difference in play. I believe that honesty in mentioning a tell that could be either scum- or null- is important because it helps to avoid mislynches.
Bringing information that does not further a lynch on a suspect does nothing but make your weak caser and more then likely, not get the player lynched. This makes you look active, yet there is no mislynch blame. I have used this tactic before as scum in a very large game, and flew under the radar for a long period of time without people suspecting me given that I was scumhunting.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:...again, you are dodging my points due to wording.
No, I am not. I will not seriously address an accusation based on your feelings, your gut, or what "seems" to be happening.

You have hypothesized why I might act as I have as scum. I have explained why I acted as I have as town. Now, either you or wrong or I am lying, but the burden of proof lies with you here. Simply repeating that you still "feel" a certain way is not a factual argument.
There is never any real "proof" in this game. You make arguments about who is scum given their actions, and eventually their connections as well. I have come up with reasoning as to why I think you are scum, presented it, you have defended it, and now we just do the back and forth dance. The main difference of what I have presented against you and what you have presented against Atlas is some wording. If I cut out all of the "feel" and "seems" and put things like "is" in, it would be pretty similar.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:By saying they are more aids for you then for others, you bring down the ammount of blame that can be put on you for mislynches, but still claim credit for any scum lynch.
Again, looking at me in the scummiest light. You have concluded that I am scum b/c of crap reasoning and now will accept any evidence to prove that conclusion. Look what you have done here, shifting your argument. First, I was scummy for supposedly setting up an attack for later. Now that I have explained my actions as intended to avoid a potential mislynch, you accept my general explanation but attribute scummy motives to it.
I dont know what it was for. That action you took to me
is[/s] scummy, and it can be used for one of the two mentioned reasons. Setting up mislynches, lessing responsibility for a case or thinking out loud. The last one just seems perposterous to me, especially compared to the other things that you have done.

Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:There were people who were looking for a new top suspect, and you comprimised to a new wagon.
Repeating your flawed theories does not make them true. Atlas was my #1 but nobody was interested in putting pressure on him. Rx was my #2 but did something scummy. I moved my vote from Atlas to Rx right after he did the scummy thing. That's the whole story, the motives you are attibuting are fantasy.
Why didnt you try to move the SC voters at least? Assumptions over peoples actions regarding your top suspect, especially assumptions that people wont listen, dont make any sense.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:I kind of more was hoping for a bulleted list type argument.
  • other factors voiced previously (I'd have to look these up again, b/c I don't remember them exactly, I just remember that I agreed with others' points made before I replaced in)
  • lurking
  • timing that demonstrates that his claims of not knowing what is going on are false
  • overdefensiveness in that he defended himself against an attack meant for someone else
  • suspicions that do not seem genuine
These are the tells
before
my vote. Things have happened after my vote to make me even more suspicious but, since we're talking about my vote here, I'll refrain from listing them. Another reason for my vote (second post in the quote) was that we needed a few more wagons to build the record and there were a few people who suspected Rx.
Why is overdefensiveness a scum tell?
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:You have been saying I am looking at things in the scummiest light, but to say that his efforts are fake is a big strech to make anything he does look scummy.
A big stretch? Hardly. His suspicions do not follow the flow of evidence, they are not backed up by a reasonable line of thought, and he is quick to retract/reinstate them when it benefits him in an argument. I can't believe that you, of all people, don't agree with me. After all, you are a self-admitted stubborn player who thinks it's scummy when people play differently than you and Rx is a flag flapping in the wind.
I dont think its scummy when someone plays different from me exactly. When someone does something I see scummy though and uses "its my playstyle" type defenses I dont like at all. Apoc does look a little odd I will admit, and is definantly not my top pick for town, the actions that others have taken though make me think he actually might be town. Still dont quite understand how suspicions arent "genuine". If I have learned one thing from this game, some people are really bad at making cases and couldnt make one to save their life (literally in some cases), there are some people who are pure follower, backing down is a point though. Determining if the case is just bad or BS is the bigger thing here to me.

@Jazz - I dont get a number :cry: Also what is your scale? It seems low is town and high is scum, but what is the upper end of the scale?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by Ythill »

Llama wrote:I forget who said it but it was "One of Llamas main problems is that he thinks everyone should play like him as town".
I said that about Corvus. Is that what you mean?
Llama wrote:I have used this tactic before as scum...
Which has no bearing whatsoever. If you want to reference past games, how about looking for what
I've
done as scum.
Llama wrote:There is never any real "proof" in this game.
Take "proof" lightly if you will, but something stronger than empty repetition. The burden is still on you. I can only tell the truth. As accuser, it is you who must convince others that your theory is more likely than my explanation.
Llama wrote:The main difference of what I have presented against you and what you have presented against Atlas is some wording. If I cut out all of the "feel" and "seems" and put things like "is" in, it would be pretty similar.
Look at what you've said. You think I'm scum, right? So my case against Atlas must be contrived. Yet you claim that your case is
not
contrived by saying it is similar to my case on Atlas.

Not only is this an invalid statement about your case, but it heavily suggests that you know me to be town, because you are arguing from the Yth-town point of view against supposed Yth-scum. This is the first real scum-tell I've seen you make, but it's a big one.
Llama wrote: dont know what it was for. That action you took to me
is[/s] scummy, and it can be used for one of the two mentioned reasons. Setting up mislynches, lessing responsibility for a case or thinking out loud. The last one just seems perposterous to me, especially compared to the other things that you have done.
Awesome. First it was one theory. Then another. Now it could be either one. Your case is falling apart before our eyes.
Llama wrote:Why didnt you try to move the SC voters at least?
Why don't you come up with questions I haven't already answered? It's still empty repetition if you rephrase it.
Llama wrote:Why is overdefensiveness a scum tell?
In most cases it is not. However, in this case, Rx was responding to an attack made against someone else. It was stated that someone else's particular behavior was scummy, Rx then made a defense for that behavior even though nobody had pointed out him doing it. It made him sound guilty.
Regarding Rx, Llama wrote:...the actions that others have taken though make me think he actually might be town.
What actions?
Llama wrote:If I have learned one thing from this game, some people are really bad at making cases and couldnt make one to save their life...
Why would you say that making a weak case is a null-tell while giving ground in an argument? Hmmmmmm...
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

Also, on current events...

Elmo's #470 exemplifies the phrase wishy-washy.

Rx is digging himself deeper.

SC's meta-defense is not valid but at least, if he
is
telling the truth, he's already learned his lesson about naming targets.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:I forget who said it but it was "One of Llamas main problems is that he thinks everyone should play like him as town".
I said that about Corvus. Is that what you mean?
Found where someone said it about me, but game is ongoing so I will withhold for now.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:I have used this tactic before as scum...
Which has no bearing whatsoever. If you want to reference past games, how about looking for what
I've
done as scum.
I am just making a point that its a pretty valid and successful tactic to be playing, and I saw some reminence of it in your play.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:There is never any real "proof" in this game.
Take "proof" lightly if you will, but something stronger than empty repetition. The burden is still on you. I can only tell the truth. As accuser, it is you who must convince others that your theory is more likely than my explanation.
Not too many have been giving input one way or another which is frustrating me to no end here. I would be much happier even if everyone just said "stop being stupid" to me so I know if I need to try and explain things another way or just give up for now. Being ignored when I am attempting to make a point is not something I am good with.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:The main difference of what I have presented against you and what you have presented against Atlas is some wording. If I cut out all of the "feel" and "seems" and put things like "is" in, it would be pretty similar.
Look at what you've said. You think I'm scum, right? So my case against Atlas must be contrived. Yet you claim that your case is
not
contrived by saying it is similar to my case on Atlas.
Let me explain this very carefully. I am getting annoyed that you are casting aside parts of my case due to word use, if I just dropped all the "emotional" words from it, my case looks similar in wording to your case on Atlas. If I added in "emotional" words to your case, it would supposedly invalidate most points to you.
Ythill wrote:Not only is this an invalid statement about your case, but it heavily suggests that you know me to be town, because you are arguing from the Yth-town point of view against supposed Yth-scum. This is the first real scum-tell I've seen you make, but it's a big one.
Dont get this really. I called you town because by adding "emotions" to your case I can make parts of it "invalid"?
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote: dont know what it was for. That action you took to me
Awesome. First it was one theory. Then another. Now it could be either one. Your case is falling apart before our eyes.
I dont understand at all how you can call that move pro-town. I have tried looking at it from multiple angles and I dont buy that it was just you "thinking out loud". The other two theories look a whole lot better to me. Nice to say my case is crumbling though when this is not the only point against you.
Llama wrote:Why didnt you try to move the SC voters at least?
Why don't you come up with questions I haven't already answered? It's still empty repetition if you rephrase it.
Probably because I dont understand it, at all. Period. When someone does something that goes against all logic that I can come up with, and shifts a wagon at an odd time, something is wrong.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:Why is overdefensiveness a scum tell?
In most cases it is not. However, in this case, Rx was responding to an attack made against someone else. It was stated that someone else's particular behavior was scummy, Rx then made a defense for that behavior even though nobody had pointed out him doing it. It made him sound guilty.
Still dont get it a whole lot. As any alignment I try and kill any suspicion coming against me pretty early, and it works out well. What post was this in?
Ythill wrote:
Regarding Rx, Llama wrote:...the actions that others have taken though make me think he actually might be town.
What actions?
Timing mostly. I pushed the wagon a bit when I replaced in to get him kickstarted in helping us out. Someone joined the wagon with me, and it stalled out in favor of the SC wagon. What happened next is what makes me start thinking he is town though. No one really pushed him hard while the SC wagon was going on, but there was no real rejection of the wagon. When the SC wagon died, there was a
really
quick move to him. If he was scum I would think that someone would at least of tried to deflect from him a bit.
Ythill wrote:
Llama wrote:If I have learned one thing from this game, some people are really bad at making cases and couldnt make one to save their life...
Why would you say that making a weak case is a null-tell while giving ground in an argument? Hmmmmmm...
I dont think that I am giving ground here. I am saying that Apoc might not be a great case maker, we all have played with players who arent. People who cant make good cases not being able to make a good case is a null tell. People making a bad or BS case is a scumtell.

Other people though, please weigh in a bit... this is getting annoying that no one really seems to care about us here.
Co-host of The USL Show
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:08 am

Post by Elmo »

LF: Ythill's stance looks daft to me, from what I recall.
Ythill wrote:Elmo's #470 exemplifies the phrase wishy-washy.
In what dialect is "we should probably lynch one of these two people today" wishy-washy?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Ceph....I'm not really sure what to do with you here. I have asked you to elaborate on why you don't think that not fully reading is Scummy and you have not answered. Your actions may not be Scummy but, there are not pro Town. And the topper for me is that you are voting for the preson who is claiming to be our Doctor (I know that you took the vote off now but, it was there for a while after he claimed). I'm just not getting any good feelings from you!

Vote Ceph
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir wrote:
Unvote

SC, do you have any games in which you have been scum and were lynched or nearly lynched, and/or in which you fake-claimed a PR?
I faked tracker in Mini 624 and seer in Open 96. I was scum in both games, and got lynched in both. (For the latter one, my Day 3 play is controversial, but I was confirmed scum upon bussing my buddy with my claim. Talking about it gives me a headache, so please don't bring it here.) As for the games where I was scum and didn't fake-claim, you're on your own :P I have a Wiki page. Read it.

Mod: Both games mentioned are finished.

I haven't decided on Ythill vs. LlamaFluff, and I don't have a lot of time to comment on it (if I'm not out the door in the next few minutes, I'll miss the bus). I owe it a read, but it'll come when I can get to it.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Ythill »

Llama wrote:I am just making a point that its a pretty valid and successful tactic to be playing...
You have made no such point. All you have done is made an appeal to experience, and an ancedotal one at that. Your argument makes several assumptions (1) you are an expert at playing scum (2) the specific situation in another game included the same variables as in this game (3) I am an expert at playing scum with strategies similar to your own. I have already shown that my strategic views differ from yours.
Llama wrote:Let me explain this very carefully. I am getting annoyed that you are casting aside parts of my case due to word use, if I just dropped all the "emotional" words from it, my case looks similar in wording to your case on Atlas.
I'm glad you reiterated, because you have confirmed that you meant exactly what I thought you meant. Which is a smoking gun. Congratulations on reaching my suspect list.
Llama wrote:Dont get this really. I called you town because by adding "emotions" to your case I can make parts of it "invalid"?
No worries, I'm sure others understand what I meant. Let me simplify, just in case.

Your argument: If we remove "feel" and "seems" from your case on me, it is just as valid as my case on Atlas. So let's ignore "feel" and "seems". We now have two equally valid cases. Either they are both valid or they are both invalid.

If they are both invalid, then you have no reason to continue suspecting me, but you do still suspect me, so this cannot be true. Therefore, they must both be valid.

So you are saying that I (who you assume scum) have made a valid case against another player, in your opinion. Since scum, by their very nature, do not make valid cases, you are saying that I am town. But also that I am scum.

To the penut gallery: I really want to hear others' opinions about this specific point.

Llama wrote:When someone does something that goes against all logic that I can come up with, and shifts a wagon at an odd time, something is wrong.
QFT, but it could be something wrong with your logic, your perceptions, or your alignment.
Llama wrote:Still dont get it a whole lot. As any alignment I try and kill any suspicion
coming against me
pretty early, and it works out well. What post was this in?
Read what I bolded. The suspicion wasn't "coming against" Rx, it was "coming against" Mac. The original suspicion was posted by Corvus in #217 and discussed by others afterwards. Rx's response came in #227.
Llama wrote:No one really pushed him hard while the SC wagon was going on, but there was no real rejection of the wagon. When the SC wagon died, there was a really quick move to him. If he was scum I would think that someone would at least of tried to deflect from him a bit.
This is 100% WIFOM.
Llama wrote:I dont think that I am giving ground here.
You called my case on Atlas valid and are considering points of my Rx case to be true. You are most certainly giving ground.
Llama wrote:People who cant make good cases not being able to make a good case is a null tell. People making a bad or BS case is a scumtell.
Are you capable of making a good case? Am I?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Ythill »

In #470, Elmo wrote:I am not really too hot on LF's thing, but then I haven't really read it properly.
In #484, Elmo wrote:LF: Ythill's stance looks daft to me, from what I recall.
Flip-flop much?
Elmo wrote:In what dialect is "we should probably lynch one of these two people today" wishy-washy?
The dialect where you say it by naming MM and SC as buddies, and weighing the identity of the third between me and Rx, and decide Rx based on LF being either wrong or scummy (you were vague), and then concluding that we should hang MM or Rx.

Maybe you're just paranoid.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Ythill wrote:No worries, I'm sure others understand what I meant. Let me simplify, just in case.

Your argument: If we remove "feel" and "seems" from your case on me, it is just as valid as my case on Atlas. So let's ignore "feel" and "seems". We now have two equally valid cases. Either they are both valid or they are both invalid.

If they are both invalid, then you have no reason to continue suspecting me, but you do still suspect me, so this cannot be true. Therefore, they must both be valid.

So you are saying that I (who you assume scum) have made a valid case against another player, in your opinion. Since scum, by their very nature, do not make valid cases, you are saying that I am town. But also that I am scum.

To the penut gallery: I really want to hear others' opinions about this specific point.
This logical fallacy is the result of some weird wording on Llama's part, I think. Unless he was actually intentionally saying that his case and yours were of roughly equal calibur. More importantly, to say that scum don't make valid cases is a bit odd. Scum are perfectly capable of creating well-reasoned cases that are pretty convincing and can, in fact, be true (if they're bussing).
MM wrote:Ceph....I'm not really sure what to do with you here. I have asked you to elaborate on why you don't think that not fully reading is Scummy and you have not answered.
If you can tell me why scum are more likely to be bored by certain exchanges than town, be my guest. I'm sure I'm not the only one who eventually just couldn't bear the walls of words.
MM wrote:Your actions may not be Scummy but, there are not pro Town.
And whathave you done that's so very protown?
MM wrote:And the topper for me is that you are voting for the preson who is claiming to be our Doctor (I know that you took the vote off now but, it was there for a while after he claimed). I'm just not getting any good feelings from you!

Vote Ceph
Well yeah, that's because I thought I had already unvoted. I don't know why you would find it scummy had I just left the vote on, though... are you saying that you totally believe SC?

FoS MM
for being SC's scumbuddy.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Also, I see SC does have the capacity to fake a non-doc role. I may have to check out those games at some point.
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ythill wrote:
Elmo wrote:In what dialect is "we should probably lynch one of these two people today" wishy-washy?
The dialect where you say it by naming MM and SC as buddies, and weighing the identity of the third between me and Rx, and decide Rx based on LF being either wrong or scummy (you were vague), and then concluding that we should hang MM or Rx.
I'd say QFT, but I'm trying to work out Elmo's thinking. It seems that I either dropped lower on Elmo's list of suspicions (I don't remember him believing my claim) or am now off it entirely. I kind of see how LlamaFluff played a factor in picking Apothecary over you as scum, but I'd like to see quotes.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP for crossposting: Cephrir, nice OMGUS.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I knew someone would say that. Anytime anyone even slightly suspects anyone who's attacking them, it just flies around whether or not it's justified.
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir, you FoS'd MiteyMouse specifically for being my scumbuddy. How can you accuse player X of being player Y's scumbuddy when player Y's alignment is not confirmed?

I buy the fact that you forgot to unvote me after my claim, probably because I forgot about you posting after my claim. However, I fail to see how MiteyMouse implied that scum are more easily bored by certain exchanges than town, and your response to MiteyMouse called your actions not pro-town reeks of
tu quoque

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I am posting this in all of my games.

Mod: I will have no access from tonight until December 7 or 8.

Players: Due to a sudden death in the family, I have to leave tonight for the west coast and will not return until Sunday, December 7 or Monday, December 8. If you feel that the length of my absence will be unduly detrimental to the game in light of the stage of the game, etc., please do not hesitate to seek my replacement, as you see fit. I do not want my absence to hold things up or kill the momentum of a game, so I will take no offence at all if you think it's best to replace me.

So, I will either see you back here next week or I will see you in another game in the very near future.

Regards,
Jazz
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Ythill »

Ceph wrote:This logical fallacy is the result of some weird wording on Llama's part, I think. Unless he was actually intentionally saying that his case and yours were of roughly equal calibur.
Which fallacy is it, and why? I don't buy the "wording" theory. First Llama said, "The main difference of what I have presented against you and what you have presented against Atlas is some wording. If I cut out all of the "feel" and "seems" and put things like "is" in, it would be pretty similar." Then he reiterated by saying, "Let me explain this very carefully. I am getting annoyed that you are casting aside parts of my case due to word use, if I just dropped all the "emotional" words from it, my case looks similar in wording to your case on Atlas." That sounds pretty clear to me.
Ceph wrote:More importantly, to say that scum don't make valid cases is a bit odd. Scum are perfectly capable of creating well-reasoned cases that are pretty convincing and can, in fact, be true (if they're bussing).
I'm not talking about what
can
happen in reality. I'm talking about what is reasonable in the
mindset of an accuser

Llama doesn't think I'm bussing. He finds Atlas townie (too many cites to list), and don't forget that, when he voted me, Llama had this to say about my case on Atlas...
In #421, Llama wrote:Quickly Ythill launched an attack on Atlas for what seems to be key points of; slinging mud (which was later written off as possible null), buddying, theory discussion, trying to get Primate lynched on alignment instead of uselessness, using a false dellima and abandoning the wagon.

First off, I think theory discussion being put as a scum tell is just stupid. There is nothing wrong at all about discussion theory in a game, even in the early stages. Using theory to distract from a larger point is, but that did not occur. Buddying is weak at best too, town tries to hook up with town in order to get more pull in the game, or at least it is something that I always attempt to do.

Calling someone for slinging mud and then "temporarily" writing it off is something that I really dont like. If its a tell, its a tell. Bringing something up early, dismissing it, but still leaving it as an option to return to just sits bad. When you dismiss it due to not knowing his playstyle, it is fairly simple to pick up again later when needed. Things should either be called a scumtell and pushed, or just not mentioned at all. Creating things that are weak or can be used later in a case feels like padding, and a failsafe for later if its ever actually needed.

I also dont know how much you can prosecute people for about how they acted about the Primate situation. There were points when I was catching up where I would of just prefered a policy lynch type attitude over anything else. This also somewhat can be put into the "is anti-town meta scummy?". There are players who always are scummy, and are lynch bait, Primate is obviously one of them. If I knew that Primate was never going to be replaced and would continue acting like that, I would of pushed that lynch as the right one since keeping him around hurts the town.

Going through the entire Atlas WoW argument they had and continually picking out why I dont like the case is something I wont do, but basically I think the Atlas case that Ythill has been pushing is weak, and some parts like the mudslinging were designed as fodder for a case if ever needed.
Question is... is Llama now arguing that my case was valid (like his is) or that his case is invalid (like mine was) if the "emotional" words are removed? Fact is... it doesn't matter. The simple existance of the question reveals that his arguments are either fabricated or wrong.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Ythill »

Almost forgot.
unvote; vote: LlamaFluff
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Now that Ythill brought it up, I'm bolding what concerns me about LlamaFluff's post:
LlamaFluff wrote:Quickly Ythill launched an attack on Atlas for what seems to be key points of; slinging mud (which was later written off as possible null), buddying, theory discussion,
trying to get Primate lynched on alignment instead of uselessness
, using a false dellima and abandoning the wagon.
WHAT?!?

Major HoS: LlamaFluff

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ythill wrote:Llama doesn't think I'm bussing. He finds Atlas townie (too many cites to list), and don't forget that, when he voted me, Llama had this to say about my case on Atlas...

<cut>

Question is... is Llama now arguing that my case was valid (like his is) or that his case is invalid (like mine was) if the "emotional" words are removed? Fact is... it doesn't matter. The simple existance of the question reveals that his arguments are either fabricated or wrong.
Wow, you seriously are missing my point this much? Multiple times you have dismissed parts of my case because of my word choice, not because of what I am agruing. This really pisses me off because I get the feeling that you are trying to take down my case by refuting how I am presenting it instead of what I am saying.

The point I am trying to make is that if I presented my case the exact same as yours, that the way you recieved it would be entirely different. If your case was presented the same way that I did, it could just as easily be "refuted" by Atlas for calling bad word usage. This is what I am tried of having to deal with and the point I am trying to make.

Still dont get how I "slipped" at all. You are saying my case is bad because I am using emotion words. I turn around and say that this is a poor point since I could pull up your Atlas case, add emotions and then it makes it "bad" to you. Therefore, the use of words isnt a point, since addition and removal changes how you view the strength of a case.

@SC - You do realize that was what I said that Ythills case on Atlas was right? Either you misinterpreted something, or you need to explain more.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”