Newbie 661 - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Haterade »

Kairyuu: I'm sorry if anything I said to you was rude. It was not intended to be, that's for sure.

I am frustrated at you, however. No idea how you got that lynch off on me. I thought my case on you was pretty darn good. The flaw in the logic was intentional.

grats town
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Not quite sure you're allowed to start posting in the thread again quite yet.

On your points.

You didn't seem rude at all once you actually had suspicion cast on you, and before that you were just generally unhelpful, not particularly rude.

I wasn't surprised that I got the lynch off. I had been lacing my posts with subtle hints that Slayer was an extremely poor lynch choice for awhile, and pushing your lynch so hard that if you hadn't been lynched D1 I'm sure you were done for early in D2. That and the fact that I was using the deadline to make your lynch seem more important. Time was not on your side my friend.

Why would you leave such a major logical fallacy in your case against me? It was rather obvious once you made the post that you were little threat to getting me lynched on D1. I suppose that if you had survived a day or two longer you may have been able to start convincing people of my scumminess, but WIFOM on D1 almost never works.

You played a pretty good game overall. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't pushed for you so adamantly you would have stayed under the radar pretty well. My only real suggestion would be that you try to pick up your activity level early on in a game. If you can establish a good pro-town persona then it's alot harder for anyone who
does
notice scumminess to make a case stick. I was banking on that for D1, which is why I wasn't overly concerned when people started questioning my motives. Plus, a generally accepted blanket meta is that high activity level=pro-town (if you couldn't tell, I have been developing quite a few scum strategies).
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Oh wait. I just noticed where I called you rude. Sorry, probably too strong of wording. What I meant was that you weren't exactly beneficial to the general polite atmosphere of this particular game. Playing in other games on this site, I've noticed that there are quite a few players who decide to play like they are personally setting themselves against everyone else, and that isn't exactly fun when you assume that the other players are generally polite and don't revert to personal attacks when challenged. You are actually not rude at all compared to most of the atmosphere-killers around here.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

I gotta ask, hate: Why did you protect spooky so vigilantly in the beginning?
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yup, afatchic was the last scum.

Quick note: I was really surprised when afatchic pmed me and said that he thought Lindisfarne was the cop and didn't try to kill him. Without a direct cop claim, you should pretty much always try to kill the cop if you figure out who it is.

Night 1 Choices:

Kill STD
Investigate Yuu
Protect Kairyuu

Town Win!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Setup:

Lindisfarne: Cop
Haterade: Mafia Roleblocker
Kairyuu: Townie
DynamoXI: Townie
slayer645: Doctor
Yuu: Townie
afatchic: Mafia Goon
Xtoxm: Townie
Save The Dragons: Townie
Permanent V/LA.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by afatchic »

i thought it was just too obvious who the doc would save, and i thought any Nk was better than none. o well.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

Great game everyone, and thank you MOS for modding :)
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yay I can post again!
Save The Dragons wrote: I call this game: Macavenger and Slayer are scum.
Wow. So I suck. :D

IMHO, Kairyuu would have been the best kill if you weren't looking for the cop, since Kairyuu was 99% cleared from his attacks, while a case could have been made against me, especially since I was off of Haterade the entire game and made waffly posts like "yeah...I guess I could vote him at deadline..."

That was fun! It was nice to meet you guys...and thank you MoS for modding :D This is why I like to play in newbie games. More fun than others. And usually the players who are smart enough to realize "I'm new to this. If I start in a mini game/normal game/large theme game, I won't be as helpful/active/good/whatever the case may be." In my first newbie (and I was reading through it the other day, and it was pretty embarrassing) I wasn't half as good as any of you.

Usually people who come to newbie games already play better, and more interesting. Since I've come back, I've started to hate meta, which is a bigger factor in games where you've seen players play before. Fun game, nice to get a win under my belt :)
slayer645
slayer645
Townie
slayer645
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 am

Post by slayer645 »

Thanks for saying I played well STD.

I protected kairyuu because
a.) thought LF was scum
b.) thought kairyuu was the most likely scum target.

It was fun,
I'd like to play again but can't really commit to a game til after I get moved. :(
so I'm stuck doing mish mash games.
Show
There is no such thing as Overkill, there is only Open Fire and Time to Reload. -
[url]http://www.schlockmercenary.com/[/url]

Win/loss
town wins:2 Town loss:0
scum wins:0 scum loss:0
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:05 am

Post by afatchic »

STD- i wasn't looking for the cop, because i thought he would have been saved, however i was tryin to kill the doctor. and since i really didn't have a good read on you, i thought you was a good choice. and plus with how much heat was on slayer and then you was all over him, if you died i thought it might could help the case against slayer, but i never saw a mass role claim coming. but yeah good game.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Haterade
Haterade
Townie
Haterade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Haterade »

Kairyuu wrote:Not quite sure you're allowed to start posting in the thread again quite yet.

On your points.

You didn't seem rude at all once you actually had suspicion cast on you, and before that you were just generally unhelpful, not particularly rude.

I wasn't surprised that I got the lynch off. I had been lacing my posts with subtle hints that Slayer was an extremely poor lynch choice for awhile, and pushing your lynch so hard that if you hadn't been lynched D1 I'm sure you were done for early in D2. That and the fact that I was using the deadline to make your lynch seem more important. Time was not on your side my friend.

Why would you leave such a major logical fallacy in your case against me? It was rather obvious once you made the post that you were little threat to getting me lynched on D1. I suppose that if you had survived a day or two longer you may have been able to start convincing people of my scumminess, but WIFOM on D1 almost never works.

You played a pretty good game overall. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't pushed for you so adamantly you would have stayed under the radar pretty well. My only real suggestion would be that you try to pick up your activity level early on in a game. If you can establish a good pro-town persona then it's alot harder for anyone who
does
notice scumminess to make a case stick. I was banking on that for D1, which is why I wasn't overly concerned when people started questioning my motives. Plus, a generally accepted blanket meta is that high activity level=pro-town (if you couldn't tell, I have been developing quite a few scum strategies).
I jumped the gun with you a little bit with a manufactured case, admittedly -- I was hoping I could do a good enough job of explaining my case and making it "different" if I was ever called out on it.

Your last paragraph was the precise reason why I had to jump the gun. I couldn't create a good enough case on someone early in the game, so I had to pipe up with some activity later on. I wanted to make myself look protown by calling out spooky's case (which I maintain that everything about that case was just bad), but I guess I didn't do a good enough job of manufacturing a case on you.

Good game everyone. :)
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Lookie sig! Lookie sig! Modding a game on my RP forum!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”