Micro 652 - Double Day Unlimited (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:47 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Votecount 2.1.03

qubixes (2) - ecane, Aeronaut
Flubbernugget (2) - Thor665, Not_Mafia
Thor665 (2) - Not_Mafia, Flubbernugget
Not_Mafia (1) - Flubbernugget
ecane (1) - qubixes

Not Voting (0) -

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Searching for a replacement for ecane.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-11-12 08:58:30)
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

Of the current two vote wagons, I oppose the one on me and qubixes and support the one on Flubber.
I would compromise for an N_M.

I'd love some other people to weigh in with wagon thoughts - or at least state that they are utterly on standstill waiting for the replacement.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 474, Thor665 wrote:
In post 472, qubixes wrote:You said you disagreed that the players on the list didn't deserve the heat, which seems to contradict you defending me and saying Mal's lynch is lame.
Actually I said *some* of them deserved heat.
If you're going to debate me can we please fact check your comments so I don't have to start every rebuttal pointing out that you're not following the flow logically?
I think your wording was at least slightly ambiguous, but ok. If I'm not following the flow, I'm either misreading or it doesn't follow my own logic. I don't see what's wrong with figuring out which of the two it is. From my experience here so far, it seems I'm doing a pretty decent amount of fact checking compared to others, so..

1. Why does that matter? Like, what's the scum motive you're attributing to me here? If I'm *defending* her because she's my scumbuddy - then I think she's being attacked. If I'm *defending* her because I'm scum and want freebie town points for protecting town then I think she's being attacked...so...?

2. Yes, I do think so, and yes I disagree with you. I would think that was pretty clear already - since I'm not calling her scummy.

3. Because she isn't doing anything scummy, and multiple other people are. Why do you think she's scum? Apparently for tone or something, which means you're attacking her off your feels rather than a valid reason, which is undeserved heat. Huzzah - we have made the circle.
1. I'm not attributing a scum motive. If you read my post to Aeronaut, I'm currently not sure on you or flubber. The most important part is that I'm trying to find out is why you have that particular perception of Ecane getting undeserved heat. I'm (currently) not doubting you actually believing that, regardless of either of your alignments. I find that matching perceptions like these can be a useful way to find out whether another player is town, and admittedly a little less useful in figuring out whether the player is scum. I think it is kind of weird though you're going "what? are you scumreading me" for the second time, when I'm not actually doing so. Is my line of question weird or something?

2. Saying someone is not scummy or towny are two different things in my opinion. I'm kind of surprised that you found her entrance towny. Can you explain why?

3. I feel that since she has been relieved from the pressure, she hasn't really showed much sign of trying to figure the game out. Also looking at her "push" on me, it doesn't look like much, since she has to be asked for reasons while there is/was basically no momentum. Note that I was reading her as town during most of Day 1 as well, but I'm reconsidering that position.
In post 472, qubixes wrote:Well, I didn't come up with that presumption (stole it from someone more experienced than me), but if you disagree, ok.
Do you agree with it?
I'm currently testing it ;). It's something that makes sense to me intuitively. Though, I feel like I need more experience to see (as with every scum tell) in which situation/person it has actual merit. I also feel I might be using it a bit "inside-out", where it might be more useful to find (specific) town and not scum.
In post 472, qubixes wrote: And yes, unfortunately a lot of players are doing this, I agree. Creature seemed to be one of the few that actively was adjusting his reads on the fly. Doesn't make the action less scummy though, just better at blending in with the rest.
If it's non-alingment indicative, why are we talking about it?
If scum do it to blend in, that means town does it, and then it's stupid to use it in a case, yeah?
I meant that a lot of players are doing it this game specifically, and yes it means that some town players are doing that in this game, which makes this game feel rather stale.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:58 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 476, Thor665 wrote:Of the current two vote wagons, I oppose the one on me and qubixes and support the one on Flubber.
I would compromise for an N_M.

I'd love some other people to weigh in with wagon thoughts - or at least state that they are utterly on standstill waiting for the replacement.
The thing that makes me worried about Flubber flipping town is mostly the way he has been defending himself I think. It just seems so ineffective at actually accomplishing something (i.e. relieving the pressure). It's like every time he just digs the hole deeper without any actual need to do so. I just don't see the motivation for that as scum, but of course he could just be scum messing around.. It is like every time he reacts, he just sees the thing right in front of him, losing the bigger picture, which I feel as scum he should have because he actually knows the alignments. I tried finding some games of him, but I found only like 10 town games... (In which he did sound a bit different.) Logic wise I agree with you for the most part, but I'm just not feeling scum!flubber (yet). That's also why I would like N_M to explain his "one of the two must be scum" reasoning, because I don't see any evidence this cannot be TvT. So far this game, getting anything out of him is a rather pointless exercise though.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 477, qubixes wrote:I think your wording was at least slightly ambiguous, but ok. If I'm not following the flow, I'm either misreading or it doesn't follow my own logic. I don't see what's wrong with figuring out which of the two it is. From my experience here so far, it seems I'm doing a pretty decent amount of fact checking compared to others, so..
My wording was not ambiguous for your statement that I was calling them all of them deserved heat.
In post 477, qubixes wrote:1. I'm not attributing a scum motive. If you read my post to Aeronaut, I'm currently not sure on you or flubber. The most important part is that I'm trying to find out is why you have that particular perception of Ecane getting undeserved heat. I'm (currently) not doubting you actually believing that, regardless of either of your alignments. I find that matching perceptions like these can be a useful way to find out whether another player is town, and admittedly a little less useful in figuring out whether the player is scum. I think it is kind of weird though you're going "what? are you scumreading me" for the second time, when I'm not actually doing so. Is my line of question weird or something?

2. Saying someone is not scummy or towny are two different things in my opinion. I'm kind of surprised that you found her entrance towny. Can you explain why?

3. I feel that since she has been relieved from the pressure, she hasn't really showed much sign of trying to figure the game out. Also looking at her "push" on me, it doesn't look like much, since she has to be asked for reasons while there is/was basically no momentum. Note that I was reading her as town during most of Day 1 as well, but I'm reconsidering that position.
1. Yes, I think it is - if you're not trying to attack her and you're not trying to attack me but want to understand why I think she is being unduly attacked because you very slightly disagree about whether she is or is not being attacked I'm left to wonder the point of it all unless your goal is to understand why I think the attacks on her are silly/undeserved - in which case you're going about your questioning in a very strange why asking me to justify that attacks have happened as opposed to asking me why I dislike them.

2. Explain how it's scummy or get multiple people voting her and then I'll bother.

3. Clearly not - she hasn't been here and is being replaced, she hasn't done much of anything by definition of not posting. I hope you're doing more than reconsidering the position considering you're voting her.
In post 477, qubixes wrote:I meant that a lot of players are doing it this game specifically, and yes it means that some town players are doing that in this game, which makes this game feel rather stale.
Agreed.
It also makes it a bad scum tell discussion.
So...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 478, qubixes wrote:The thing that makes me worried about Flubber flipping town is mostly the way he has been defending himself I think. It just seems so ineffective at actually accomplishing something (i.e. relieving the pressure). It's like every time he just digs the hole deeper without any actual need to do so. I just don't see the motivation for that as scum
:facepalm:

There is no motivation for it as any alignment.
Ergo - what you are seeing is ineffectual defense.
Which means the case on him has points he can't explain as town behavior.
Which makes him more likely to be scum.
So...?
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:44 am

Post by qubixes »

Ok, I'm starting to see your point about my approach being perhaps slightly... unconventional? And given that she being replaced, I'll just wait to see what the replacement brings to the table. I did find something interesting while looking through her ISO (hint: it's not her first post), but I'll look at it more carefully when the replacement comes in and see what they have to say.

UNVOTE: ecane

Regarding flubber, I agree there is no motivation as either alignment. I just feel he would have a
more
effective defense as scum. And yes, I totally see how that sounds incredibly backwards. So maybe I'm wrong. I'll have to see more when he comes back from being sick.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:24 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Prodding Not_Mafia.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

NOOOOOOOOO
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

UNVOTE: Thor

I think this is town Thor
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 446, Thor665 wrote:If you don't care who I have or haven't sorted then why are you complaining that I'm not sorting people? I wasn't the one who started this conversation.
I'll agree Aero isn't acting like one - I didn't say he was.
I'll agree that it takes more than a single interaction - I wasn't aware that I'd claimed I was going to stop, and I'm also not aware that Aero had been back to address my initial interaction yet, so - as usual - this is an empty attack.
This entire post was.
I don't mean reaching out as trying to determine other players' alignments. I don't recall ever seeing the term used that way. I have seen you literally harass players to vote on one of your wagons and in this game you're not doing that to the slightest extent.
In post 464, Aeronaut wrote:#86 Flub softdefence of N_M
This is not a defense of NM and I have no clue how you are seeing it as such.

I'm also interested in why you have pointed out more you don't like about my play than thor's yet still have him lower on your list.
In post 473, qubixes wrote:Regardless, what is the point of fence sitting on Thor vs flubber for example if I'm scum? Unless you think it's exactly me and flubber as a team?
Stalling lynches while we were low on time
In post 474, Thor665 wrote:The extent of your case is that he is kind of fencesitting and drifts onto votes.
I see that as a clear suggestion of newb rather than scum.
I also strongly disagree with you that he has failed to offer up unique thoughts and valid opinions that were not part of the social stream - how many do I need to showcase for you to make you believe he's town? One, two, more than five?
I'd also like to see you outline the suspect votes you think he's made and actually explain the scum motive beyond "he was late on the wagon" as you and I both know scum also often occupy the fronts of wagons, and it's all a matter of playstyle - so what makes *his* playstyle the latecomer scum?
I agree with you that quibixes has made original thoughts. However, I don't see how his fencesitting implies newb over scum given the timing of it
In post 477, qubixes wrote:1. I'm not attributing a scum motive. If you read my post to Aeronaut, I'm currently not sure on you or flubber. The most important part is that I'm trying to find out is why you have that particular perception of Ecane getting undeserved heat. I'm (currently) not doubting you actually believing that, regardless of either of your alignments. I find that matching perceptions like these can be a useful way to find out whether another player is town, and admittedly a little less useful in figuring out whether the player is scum. I think it is kind of weird though you're going "what? are you scumreading me" for the second time, when I'm not actually doing so. Is my line of question weird or something?
There are two alignments in this game. Saying something can find someone as town well while saying it can't determine whether or not they are scum sounds really foot in mouth
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:04 am

Post by qubixes »

@Flubber:

I was fence sitting to try and make town run out of time to get two lynches in? Are you sure you want to go with this accusation?

Your foot in mouth comment doesn't make any sense to me. Is it about my comments on the "wide net" scum/town tell?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Sure why not. Why are you trying to threaten me?

I don't know what you mean by wide net
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 485, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't mean reaching out as trying to determine other players' alignments. I don't recall ever seeing the term used that way. I have seen you literally harass players to vote on one of your wagons and in this game you're not doing that to the slightest extent.
As long as you ignore me literally doing it to Aero and qubixes before you even created this complaint - sure.
In post 485, Flubbernugget wrote:I agree with you that quibixes has made original thoughts. However, I don't see how his fencesitting implies newb over scum given the timing of it
Newb is non alignment and scum is alignment - you can't functionally argue them as opposing poles on a grade.
The timing exists, sure - but plenty exists *without* timing - which makes me rather doubt the timing based ones were intentionally scum play while the others were unintentional newb play/setup for justification of fencesitting later.
Are you arguing the opposite?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 488, Thor665 wrote:As long as you ignore me literally doing it to Aero and qubixes before you even created this complaint - sure.
How about the rest of the game

I see 232, and 390 before aero came into the game. Fill me in where I'm missing it
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

Here's the entire game;

malpascp (lurker)
Lowell (lurker)
qubixes (Reach out)
Creature (Suspected you)
Aeronaut (Reach out)
Flubbernugget (You)
Not_Mafia (already suspects you)
ecane (lurker)

Who do you think I'm dropping the ball in not reaching out to?
Specifically?
This attack is silly and empty.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:27 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 487, Flubbernugget wrote:Sure why not. Why are you trying to threaten me?

I don't know what you mean by wide net
Because it is kind of nonsensical? I voted almost every viable wagon Day 1 (You, N_M, mal, Lowell), how is that trying to stall to vote? Yes, as has been noted by Aero, I wasn't the earliest on the wagons, but that was partly me not realizing we wouldn't get more time after the lynch. And it wasn't like I was the problem that the game was stalling, when about half refuses to give almost any content. And where were you talking about my stalling tactics Day 1 if you thought that way about it? If you thought I was scum, you already had two others thinking the same thing. And please explain to me if you were so worried about the time we had for the second lynch, why give Mal more time?
In post 343, Flubbernugget wrote:SCP you have till tomorrow night to make a catch up post. I am going to hammer if I don't see one.
Note this is
after
I jumped on all wagons to try and get a lynch done asap. I know little more than a day is not that much, but still looking back, that sounds pretty hypocritical, no?

And I wasn't "threatening" you. I mean what can I threaten you with? A vote? A good rebuttal/argument on why you're scum? That sounds kind of ridiculous. Especially given that my own position isn't exactly conf town for everyone. But it's good you feel threatened, I guess?? I can understand why you would feel threatened as scum... I was giving you an opportunity to either tell me my interpretation was wrong, explain your argument better, or admit that it sounds pretty silly indeed. And yes, I was mildly entertained by the suggestion..
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:28 am

Post by qubixes »

Oh, and the wide net casting argument says that (new) town are more likely to be reacting/reaching out to a wider range of players than (new) scum. At least that is how I understand it.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Post by qubixes »

Wow, this game is really dead until we get a replacement it seems. :/
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

Apparently - frankly I'd be down with the mod mass prodding the lot of them.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why don't we talk about you while we wait for other people to show up.

What's up with not having a vote in play? What is your thinking of how that will help you find scum?
What are your thoughts on the biggest wagons (Flubber and myself, since I know your opinion of the wagon on you - but might like to hear your thoughts on how honest you think the people voting you are)?
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:37 am

Post by qubixes »

I thought I should wait for the replacement before putting someone to L-1. I don't have particular strong town reads, but as it stands I think you and Aero are the most likely to flip town.

Flubber still seems to be very counterproductive to his own "agenda" if he has one, which confuses me. It could be very well that I'm just WIFOM'ing myself into oblivion, trying to image what scum "should" do. His insistence that I'm trying to stall the game is ridiculous though.

It's hard to say anything about N_M. It's kind of frustrating to play with people that play like that :/.

I have heard the "you sound artificial" enough times from town that I don't think it makes him scum. (And it's also the same reason I didn't scum read ecane for it at the start of the game.) I had a slight town read on nmego, and Aero didn't really change much.

I would like to put ecane's slot under the magnifying glass, but since she's being replaced, I don't think that makes too much sense right now.

I think your slot looks pretty reasonable. You seem to be trying to solve the game by using pretty straightforward and transparent logic and reasoning, which is fine. Though I think you would (and should) do a similar thing if you were scum, given how the game has been going so far. So, innocent until proven guilty?

Right now I'm leaning towards voting flubber when we have a replacement. N_M wouldn't be so bad, but we learn very little if he flips town. I want to wait for ecane's replacement before voting that slot.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I would reallylike a flubber flip right now
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 496, qubixes wrote:I thought I should wait for the replacement before putting someone to L-1.
Why? What does that change?
In post 496, qubixes wrote:I don't have particular strong town reads, but as it stands I think you and Aero are the most likely to flip town.
Why an Aero town read?
In post 496, qubixes wrote:N_M wouldn't be so bad, but we learn very little if he flips town.
What do we learn if Flubber flips town?
In post 497, Not_Mafia wrote:I would reallylike a flubber flip right now
Why are you being such a non-entity lurk sack?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 490, Thor665 wrote:Here's the entire game;

malpascp (lurker)
Lowell (lurker)
qubixes (Reach out)
Creature (Suspected you)
Aeronaut (Reach out)
Flubbernugget (You)
Not_Mafia (already suspects you)
ecane (lurker)

Who do you think I'm dropping the ball in not reaching out to?
Specifically?
This attack is silly and empty.
I'm not impressed by you dismissing everyone as a lurker and therefore not trying to persuade them the way you would anyone else. Especially since you still did interact with these players with the intent of "sorting" them. If you really want, I can give you the nature of scp's "I'm going to catch up" posting as a reason for exception, but that's still pretty lame

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”