Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Post by Gorrad »

And yet when JDodge votes, you follow for the sake of bandwagoning. Post 457 not only has you voting JDodge, but you insult K-scope for voting someone who Jdodge didn't. You're following like a sheep and apparently don't even know it. As for the multiple suspicions idea, that's stupid! If no one ever voices any suspicion against a king, that's practicly telling scum 'hey, look at the people who haven't been attacked!' And of course, if suspicion was given freely, than everyone would be equal in the scum's eye, giving them no leads.

Sarcastro, can you post some input here please? You've really seemed lurker-esque lately.

K-Scope, please try and post more elaborately. It's like you're trying to avoid saying something you shouldn't.

Zind, you keep asking questions questions questions. What do YOU think of the bandwagoning strategy, and why does it feel you've avoided the topic?

Egr0 suggested wagoning a king. Why would you say that except to draw a king out? I suspect him for that.

Jack posted a vote and FoSs without giving any reasoning. When people do that, I often take it as a scumtell.

I haven't seen Patrick post as much actual content as he has commentary. Last time someone did that in a game I was in, he turned out to be scum. (Coincidentally, that was Jack)

There, I suspect EACH AND EVERY one of y'all of being scum. Now no one is being singled out, I get to voice my suspicions in peace, and it makes it so that Yos' logic doesn't apply.

Happy?

-Gorrad
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

No.

Unvote Vote: Gorrad
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Jack »

unvote,vote:gorrad
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Gorrad wrote:And yet when JDodge votes, you follow for the sake of bandwagoning. Post 457 not only has you voting JDodge, but you insult K-scope for voting someone who Jdodge didn't.
Wrong on basically ever level there. I explained why I am voting for you, and it has nothing to do with "following JDodge for the sake of bandwagoning". The fact that JDodge voted you before I did does make me feel better about him, as it makes me think he's seeing the same stuff I'm seeing here, but I was going to vote for you anyway.

Anyway, I'm not even going to respond to the rest of the post, as that's likely to do more harm then good. You're scum, die, kthx.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Patrick »

I'm fine with a Gorrad lynch, though not really for the "multiple suspicions" thing, which I'm pretty sure I've seen from others and doesn't bother me that much anyway. As long as you throw a monarch or two in there from time to time, I don't see how it's really helping scum.

I'll hold off hammering for a little, because Zindy is online and I wonder if he's got something to say at this point.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:49 am

Post by Zindaras »

Gorrad wrote:Zind, you keep asking questions questions questions. What do YOU think of the bandwagoning strategy, and why does it feel you've avoided the topic?
I haven't. I've said what I think about the rampant bandwagoning of this game (it's stupid). I've argued against some of the lynches we've had. See my early-game debate with Yosarian.

To be honest, I'm kind of annoyed at the speed of this wagon (yet again). Seriously guys, this is stupid.

My attention is currently being drawn by Jack, Yosarian, K-Scope and Sarcastro.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ugh. What is this achieving,exactly? If Gorrad gets hammered then I really hope he's scum, or we're badly screwed because a number of people are still voting without any real reasoning...
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Patrick »

As I said I would:

Vote: Gorrad
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Vote count

5 - Gorrad (JDodge, Yosarian2, Kaleidoscope, Jack, Patrick)

1 - JDodge (Gorrad)

not voting: Erg0, Sarcastro, Zindaras

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch!

You all kill Gorrad. Run him through with guardly swords and spears.

"Alas I am slain," says Gorrad. "I knew coming in that I would meet my fate here, but even so I can hardly help but be disappointed. My parents, kids, etc., I'll never see any of them again in this life. The only solace I find is in the fact that you, over there, die with me. I stab with my dagger one last time. Then I will sleep... As the last of my blood spills..."

Gorrad -
Assassin
- lynched Day 6

Who has Gorrad (possibly with advice from his mystery partner) chosen to off? Stay tuned to find out! He must submit his decision within
4 days
from this post!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

"...Yaaaaah!" screams Gorrad as he skips over and plunges his knife through the chest of Patrick.

"Ugh," says Patrick, "I can see... That this blow is quite fatal..."

"Die Patrick," gasps Gorrad, collapsing into his arms.

"Get off me you foul assassin," Patrick replies, as both crumple to the ground.

For a few moments there is silence... The pool of blood surrounds them as they struggle to breathe...

"Just tell me... Tell me one thing, Gorrad..." Patrick says, staring into Gorrad's eyes, only inches away.

"Yes, what?"

"Well... Well hang on, what's that smell on your breath... Is that... death?"

"I had a gyro earlier," Gorrad replies. "Quickly, Patrick, ask your real question; my attention span feels short at the moment and I also have a question for you once you're done."

"Why..." Patrick sniffles. "Why did you kill me? I'm just a guard with a family. If you want to kill kings, fine; maybe on some level they're asking for it. But why me? Why?"

"Oh crap," replies Gorrad. "Well, that answered my question, which was going to be whether you were a king."

"I see, so I guess you thought I was a king."

"Patrick," says Gorrad, "Perhaps we may continue this conversation in another life... I feel faint..."

Both die on the floor.

Patrick -
Guard
- assassinated Day 6

Day 7

With 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch. Deadline for Monday August 27th.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by JDodge »

It works.

Vote: Jack
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Bah. On the other hand, that was one of the COOLEST death scenes I've ever seen!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by Zindaras »

JDodge wrote:It works.

Oh, wow, after 6 days, we've finally managed to randomlynch scum. Good job, man, good job. I'm sure the poets will sing of our deeds for ages to come.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Well, let's see here:

7 players remain, 4 of which are guards, 2 kings and 1 assassin. So any given pro-town player has 4 players to choose from (excluding themselves and the kings, of course), giving us more or less a 25% chance to lynch the last assassin today. Tomorrow that number becomes 33%.

If we can find the assassin in the next couple of days then we're looking good to avoid a double king kill at the last gasp (only a 6.7% chance today and a 10% chance tomorrow that the assassin will hit both kings), but once we get down to 4 townies (2 guards + 2 kings) the odds start to look decidedly better for the assassin.

I'm sure that the assassins are at least vaguely aware of these numbers, so I'm thinking that Gorrad probably wasn't bussed yesterday - unlike most mafia games, it definitely works against the scum if either of them dies earlier than is absolutely necessary. I'm actually starting to come around to JDodge's point of view, even though I'm not especially happy with this approach from a purist's perspective.

V/LA most weekends.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

That was funny. Let's do it again.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Hm. It seems I've missed a lot.

Erg0, if you don't think Gorrad was bussed, why are you voting Jack? That's not to say that I don't think Jack is a legitimate target, however, as I think it's rather likely that Gorrad was bussed, just by someone later on in the wagon. It's easy for scum to hop onto bus-wagons in regular games, and it's even easier here (as much as the scum might not like it), simply because a certain number of votes basically guarantees that someone will be lynched. There's a pretty good motivation for scum to jump onto the wagon, just not to start it. Of course, all of this can be WiFoM, but it's worth thinking about.

The other thing to remember is that the last scum is probably going to be even more afraid than usual of accidentally voting for a king, simply because even if it becomes obvious that one player is a king, the assassin needs to know who both are to get the win. I won't go so far as to suggest that we disregard caution, of course, but it's worth remembering that the assassin is probably not going to be throwing his vote around willy-nilly. Of course, not many people have been doing that anyway.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Sorry, you're right - I should have been more specific. I meant what you said, that he probably wasn't bussed by someone that was on the wagon early. Fortunately the assassins were kind enough to kill the person who hammered, so that saves us some WIFOM at least.
V/LA most weekends.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Zindaras »

If we keep the same success rate, we'll still lose. This strategy is a strategy you could have trained chimps utilize. It doesn't work.

I refuse to take part in this wagoning crap.

As far as my suspicions go, I've been giving it a lot of thought here. Of the living players, Gorrad voted both JDodge and Yossy. He was very serious about Dodgy, so I doubt he's wagoning there, but Yossy is a lot less certain.

K-Scope said the following:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The YB lynch is necessarry. After that, I'd say we put our foot of the gas[/quote]

But still keeps his foot firmly on the gas. I don't like him and his inane wagoning.

Sarcastro has said the following:

[quote="Sarcastro"]*cricket*[/quote]

Oh, wait, he hasn't really said anything serious since July 14th. The input he has provided, however, makes me believe he's just frustrated with the game (an understandable position).

Erg0 appears to have flip-flopped on JDodge's strategy, a change I do not appreciate. Erg0 has also never seriously mentioned or given any opinion on Gorrad.

Jack's first mention of Gorrad didn't come until he already had two votes. Jack has also been wagoning like crazy.

Yosarian is not being as intelligent as I'd expect him to be, with his mass 'wagoning and whatnot. He could very well just be going with the flow because he can get away with it. I still dislike his faulty push for BM.

I'd be voting Jack now if it weren't for the fact that it'd be fairly stupid and anal.

Preview edit: So the lost sheep has returned. What do you think about the game status, Sarcy?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:46 pm

Post by Patrick »

This is an honour. Go Palace!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote: Yosarian is not being as intelligent as I'd expect him to be, with his mass 'wagoning and whatnot. He could very well just be going with the flow because he can get away with it. I still dislike his faulty push for BM.
Mass wagoning? Not counting wagons I joined late for the stratigic reasons I explained earlier, there are 3 wagons I actually pushed for so far, Undo's, Battle Mage's, and Gorrad's. I was right about 1/3 of them. Not a great ratio, perhaps, but it's better then your voting record so far this game.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Zindaras »

This isn't about voting record, this is about 'wagoning.

The first time you even mention Gorrad by name is the post you vote him. Give me one reason to assume you weren't bussing him that is
not
based on complete and utter WIFOM.

Your posts conflict. You complain about people being utterly stupid, yet you happily join wagons yourself. You pushed BM on nothing.
Nothing
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote:The first time you even mention Gorrad by name is the post you vote him. .
Well, of course that day was the first time I attacked him. Didn't you read my posts? If I was trying to lynch BM the day before, I would certanly not attack Gorrad in the same day. That would be bad stratagy, and in fact was one of the scumtells I used to catch Gorrad with. When I attack someone, it's because I intend to get them lynched, that day. Otherwise, I wouldn't. Now, if I try and am unable to get them lynched, that's a different story, but I would not want to even "mention Gorrad by name" in any context, positive or negitive, unless and until I thought he was the best lynch candidate for that day or unless I had some other pressing reason to do so.
Zinderas wrote: Give me one reason to assume you weren't bussing him that is
not
based on complete and utter WIFOM.
Isn't your question here based on complete and utter WIFOM?

I helped lynch a scum who, arguably at least, probably not have been lynched if I hadn't supported the bandwagon and then laid out my case against him. Obveously when you catch a scum you can never prove you weren't bussing them, but I must say I'm surprised that your arguments here seem totally unchanged by Gorrad's alignment. I attacked him, and I was right, and if you really want to call that scummy then you're the one who's gone too far around the WIFOM bend here.

Your posts conflict. You complain about people being utterly stupid, yet you happily join wagons yourself.
I complained about people starting stupid wagons based on nothing. That dosn't mean I'm not going to start a wagon when I see a case; in fact, I feel like I need to wagon early as that's honestly the only way I feel like I can know the wagon's not being led by scum.
You pushed BM on nothing.
Nothing
You are wrong there, but I can't really blame you for that, because I still can't say why I pushed BM. That being said, I'm still not going to explain that any farther.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yosarian2 wrote:Well, of course that day was the first time I attacked him. Didn't you read my posts? If I was trying to lynch BM the day before, I would certanly not attack Gorrad in the same day. That would be bad stratagy, and in fact was one of the scumtells I used to catch Gorrad with. When I attack someone, it's because I intend to get them lynched, that day. Otherwise, I wouldn't. Now, if I try and am unable to get them lynched, that's a different story, but I would not want to even "mention Gorrad by name" in any context, positive or negitive, unless and until I thought he was the best lynch candidate for that day or unless I had some other pressing reason to do so.
It wasn't just the first time you attacked him, I could've lived with that. No, it was the first time you even mentioned him.
Isn't your question here based on complete and utter WIFOM?

I helped lynch a scum who, arguably at least, probably not have been lynched if I hadn't supported the bandwagon and then laid out my case against him. Obveously when you catch a scum you can never prove you weren't bussing them, but I must say I'm surprised that your arguments here seem totally unchanged by Gorrad's alignment. I attacked him, and I was right, and if you really want to call that scummy then you're the one who's gone too far around the WIFOM bend here.
I'm not saying your vote on Gorrad makes you scum. I'm saying that your vote on Gorrad does not make you town.

At the time where you voted, you and Gorrad both had 1 vote, nobody else had one. I'd say that, with the propensity to bandwagon present in the game, it wasn't unthinkable that either of you would be lynched.

You weren't the first to call out Gorrad. To be honest, if I were scum, that'd be the exact place in the wagon I'd like to be.

Actually, I don't care. I don't give a rat's ass. I don't even know why I'm discussing this with you. You can't be the last scum, as Jack already is.

Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:25 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Discussion is bad for the palace. The kings lack bloodwine, so we guards need to do our damn job better! :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”