Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Indy »

Klopy why do you send off so many bells and whistles when I read your posts, yet I still don't think your 100% scum, but you might be 50% since your posts don't help the town a lot and may in the near future send us off on a tangent.

I'm praying Ryan isn't scum as Ryan's posts mirror my own thoughts and are worded better then I could do myself. With that said, I will be voting for you or Amel. I think if Amel is scum, we'll know pretty well by day two, so my day one action will be:

Unvote
Vote:Klopyrev
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Kison »

~~Day One: Vote Count~~

Code: Select all

AmeliaLi        (2)  : Nanosauromo, the_Red_c
klopyrev        (2)  : AmeliaLi, Indy
Nanosauromo     (2)  : Jester, Numenorean7
Jester          (1)  : Lowell
Ryan            (1)  : klopyrev

Not Voting      (4)  : MightyFireball, Sir Tornado, ryan, curiouskarmadog

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Klopy why do you send off so many bells and whistles when I read your posts, yet I still don't think your 100% scum, but you might be 50% since your posts don't help the town a lot and may in the near future send us off on a tangent.
And you?
I'm back!
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:00 am

Post by klopyrev »

Indy: That was somewhat out of place after not having posted for a long time. What the hell? Explain which bells and whistles I send off.
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by Indy »

Not posting doesn't mean not reading, I have sadly just been busy and unable to put in the posts I would like to be writing.

viewtopic.php?t=5565&postdays=0&postord ... &start=317

Addresses many of my concerns quite perfectly. Care to refute?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by ryan »

Indy: Reading while not posting=lurking. And lurking is seen as anti-town.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:18 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Hmmm... I find Klopyrev's response to Indy's post to be quite interesting. It seems as though he was overly defensive. I really don't think there was a need for him to swear at a guy who's credibility is very limited due to lack of posts. This leads me to believe that he might have something to hide.
FoS: Klopyrev
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
Indy
Indy
Townie
Indy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Indy »

Aye I agree 100% Ryan, I just got caught up and cant ever sit down to write the post I want.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:41 am

Post by ryan »

MightyFireball wrote:Hmmm... I find Klopyrev's response to Indy's post to be quite interesting. It seems as though he was overly defensive. I really don't think there was a need for him to swear at a guy who's credibility is very limited due to lack of posts. This leads me to believe that he might have something to hide.
FoS: Klopyrev
It was a rather abrupt answer that I'll agree but Klopy has done this quite a few times during the game when somebody votes him (especially somebody new) I would have rather seen a better content post from Indy on the reason instead of a link to somebody elses post. Agreeing with a person is one thing, taking their content word for word and saying "yup I agree" always makes me drop a "huh?" A little more content would be appreciated Indy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Lowell »

MightyFireball- Is there a reason you're not voting?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:28 am

Post by ryan »

Vote: klopyrev

I was swayed early by a few people calling him newbie town but reading back through and seeing nothing change, I'm happy with klopyrev being our first lynch
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

And I'm back. First off, I want to say I posted for Klopy-boy because he seems like the most scummy to me, and I voted for him then just incase the day was ended while I was gone. I didn’t want to have no say when the hammer was sent down.

Now for my analysis on everything that has gone on while I’ve been away.

[quote="Numenorean7]I get a distinctly different flavor from his posts in 403 (especially his last four) than I get from his behavior this game. Sure, there isn't much to go on, but he demonstrated some good thinking regarding EmpTyger, and he didn't do anything that scummy. Also notice that he never self-voted, just asked if he could. I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have voted for klopyrev in 403. Yes, hindsight is 20-20, but I just don't find anything scummy in his play. Transmission was very wrong to hammer.

IMO, klop has been acting like newbie-scum in this game, and he didn't in that game.[/quote]

I like what you had to say here Nume. I really just don’t like what Klop did. I’ve already stated that I think he is newb-scum. And I put my vote on him, because that is the one I want to see gone.
klopyrev wrote:You're right, there aren't many posts from the previous game for you to go on. As for this game, can you do the same thing as you did for my previous game by posting all my important posts? After you do that, tell me something that you think makes me seem distinctly newbie mafia. I would love to refute it.
I find this post interesting. We have
already
gone through and posted all of his posts to a certain point, and I think it’s time for someone to do it again.
Sir Tornado wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:
Vote: Klopyrev

Note: I'm going to be camping in the middle of nowhere this weekend (leaving thrusday) So no comp for me.
I find this a bit suspicious. You put a vote on someone and then leave for a short vacation? It essentially means that your vote stays on that person for a fair bit of time. If the person does get lynched in the ensuing period, you can claim that you weren't there and not responsible.
*Points to what was stated beforehand.* I rather like having a say in what happens.
klopyrev wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:

Note: I'm going to be camping in the middle of nowhere this weekend (leaving thrusday) So no comp for me.
I find this a bit suspicious. You put a vote on someone and then leave for a short vacation? It essentially means that your vote stays on that person for a fair bit of time. If the person does get lynched in the ensuing period, you can claim that you weren't there and not responsible.
I've already done that in this game! Its funny that I did that with AmeliaLi, too. It could be some sort of payback, but you are right... It is suspicious to some degree.
Hey! Why isn’t it suspicious when you did it then?
”Jester” wrote: Something of interest about pages 16 versus page 17. After my long posts at the bottom of page 15, just about everyone jumped into the game and wrote stuff, for most of a page, all day Monday. By Tuesday afternoon, though, we're back to ryan, klopyrev, Sir Tornado, and AmeliaLi writing just about everything. This has been a recurring pattern throughout this game so far.

This is where "saying literally nothing" pops people up on my radar. When you sit out the game except when you're directly nudged, poked, prodded, or voted on, that to me is a scum-tell. Is it enough to lynch someone just based on that? Of course not. But then when you combine literal nothing with posted nothings (Nano, for instance), that to me is enough to lynch someone.
I’ve been noticing that as well. The conversation rolls on but more and more people drop out of it until the four you mentioned go back to talking. It really gets on my nerves because there isn’t much left to form an opinion, other than we have a rather large set of lurkers.
”Jester” wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:the question still stands (because I think only ryan answered it) What if they were lynched and it comes up they were town, what next?
I answered this question also, in my 373. I notice that you responded to nothing about you that I posted in my 373. You and Nano seem to have just decided that you're not going to be able to convince me you're not scum, so you're just going to ignore me and hope that nobody else is convinced.
This is where my opinion begins to change on several things. I agree with Jester here that CKD and Nano. CKD, though I think he’s still out there and nowhere near scummy enough to vote for or FOS him, is hiding in plain sight. Yes, I know he’s on vacation right now so there will be nothing from him, but he is hiding behind the proverbial bush that has 10 leaves on it and as he begins to beat around it more and more leaves fall down, leaving him exposed.

Nano… Nano is just being stupid. He’s done absolutely nothing. As already pointed out, his post in 465 has no content other than he pointed at the fact Klopy-boy was being stupid with his posts.
ryan wrote:
klopyrev wrote:After reading over about half of the total posts, I find that most of the things I figured out have already been stated by other people, thus I don't have much to say. However, I did notice several important things. Around post 250, AmeliaLi was at -3. ryan, whose vote was on me, saw this and decided to put AmeliaLi on -2. This was post 254. This was note very suspicious by itself. However, this was how the game continued from then on. Ryan asked why Sir Tornado didn't vote on AmeliaLi when he found her suspicious. He urged him to vote on her to put her on -1. This was in post 257. Right after that, Sir Tornado voted for her and put her on -1. Right after getting Sir Tornado's vote, ryan questioned the_Red_c about his opinion of the game. Was ryan fishing for his vote to lynch AmeliaLi? That's what it seemed like to me. All of this happened in a matter of a few posts and nobody noticed.

Another interesting thing was that curiouskarmadog took AmeliaLi off -1 and put his vote on me. Several posts later, when ryan saw that people very taking votes off of her, he decided that I am a good candidate for mafia.

To summarize, here are my thoughts. ryan has shown a huge scumtell, or so it seems to me. I don't really have an opinion on Sir Tornado. Even though he put AmeliaLi on -1, he only did it after being pressured by the most town player in the game. As for curiouskarmadog... My suspicion is lifted off of him. Thus:

Unvote. vote ryan

I don't have any more time today, but I will try to catch up with the rest of the game at another time. I'll already spent 2 hours today.
Klopy: I have been consistent on saying you or AmeliaLi are the best lynches for today. I ask people questions on their voting because I am trying to find "tells" and how you'd vote me after you just freely admitted that Sir Tornado put AmeliaLi at -1 is beyond me, but most of your play is.
Good point Klop. Good Defense Ryan. I hope to god you are town ryan, because if you are not, then we, the town, is in deep shit.
Nanosauromo in 470 wrote:AmeilaLi voting for Klopyrev right before she leaves seems to me like she has decided who she wants lynched for sure, which is odd considering she put off voting for him for a long time.

Nothing seems amiss about lowell.
Sir Tornado(471) wrote:
On the contrary everything seems to be amiss about both Lowell AND you.
Nanosauromo(472) wrote:And why is that? I've seen myself on numerous scumlists, but with no real description of my alledged scumminess.

Apart from his lack of posting, I see no problems with lowell. Remember, lurking =/= scum.
1) lurking might not be scummy, but it sure as hell isn’t effective.
2) If you are worried about drawing attention, you’re still going to get it if you don’t post at all.
ryan wrote:

I was swayed early by a few people calling him newbie town but reading back through and seeing nothing change, I'm happy with klopyrev being our first lynch
...I hate to say this about ryan, but isn't that a bit of a bandwagon vote...?

And I am caught up once again.
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:59 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

Shit! That got all screwed up!
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:02 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

EBWOP:

And I'm back. First off, I want to say I posted for Klopy-boy because he seems like the most scummy to me, and I voted for him then just incase the day was ended while I was gone. I didn’t want to have no say when the hammer was sent down.

Now for my analysis on everything that has gone on while I’ve been away.
Numenorean7 wrote:I get a distinctly different flavor from his posts in 403 (especially his last four) than I get from his behavior this game. Sure, there isn't much to go on, but he demonstrated some good thinking regarding EmpTyger, and he didn't do anything that scummy. Also notice that he never self-voted, just asked if he could. I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have voted for klopyrev in 403. Yes, hindsight is 20-20, but I just don't find anything scummy in his play. Transmission was very wrong to hammer.

IMO, klop has been acting like newbie-scum in this game, and he didn't in that game.
I like what you had to say here Nume. I really just don’t like what Klop did. I’ve already stated that I think he is newb-scum. And I put my vote on him, because that is the one I want to see gone.
klopyrev wrote:You're right, there aren't many posts from the previous game for you to go on. As for this game, can you do the same thing as you did for my previous game by posting all my important posts? After you do that, tell me something that you think makes me seem distinctly newbie mafia. I would love to refute it.
I find this post interesting. We have
already
gone through and posted all of his posts to a certain point, and I think it’s time for someone to do it again.
Sir Tornado wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:

*Points to what was stated beforehand.* I rather like having a say in what happens.
klopyrev wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:

I've already done that in this game! Its funny that I did that with AmeliaLi, too. It could be some sort of payback, but you are right... It is suspicious to some degree.
Hey! Why isn’t it suspicious when you did it then?
Jester wrote: Something of interest about pages 16 versus page 17. After my long posts at the bottom of page 15, just about everyone jumped into the game and wrote stuff, for most of a page, all day Monday. By Tuesday afternoon, though, we're back to ryan, klopyrev, Sir Tornado, and AmeliaLi writing just about everything. This has been a recurring pattern throughout this game so far.

This is where "saying literally nothing" pops people up on my radar. When you sit out the game except when you're directly nudged, poked, prodded, or voted on, that to me is a scum-tell. Is it enough to lynch someone just based on that? Of course not. But then when you combine literal nothing with posted nothings (Nano, for instance), that to me is enough to lynch someone.
I’ve been noticing that as well. The conversation rolls on but more and more people drop out of it until the four you mentioned go back to talking. It really gets on my nerves because there isn’t much left to form an opinion, other than we have a rather large set of lurkers.
Jester wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:the question still stands (because I think only ryan answered it) What if they were lynched and it comes up they were town, what next?
I answered this question also, in my 373. I notice that you responded to nothing about you that I posted in my 373. You and Nano seem to have just decided that you're not going to be able to convince me you're not scum, so you're just going to ignore me and hope that nobody else is convinced.
This is where my opinion begins to change on several things. I agree with Jester here that CKD and Nano. CKD, though I think he’s still out there and nowhere near scummy enough to vote for or FOS him, is hiding in plain sight. Yes, I know he’s on vacation right now so there will be nothing from him, but he is hiding behind the proverbial bush that has 10 leaves on it and as he begins to beat around it more and more leaves fall down, leaving him exposed.

Nano… Nano is just being stupid. He’s done absolutely nothing. As already pointed out, his post in 465 has no content other than he pointed at the fact Klopy-boy was being stupid with his posts.
ryan wrote:
klopyrev wrote:After reading over about half of the total posts, I find that most of the things I figured out have already been stated by other people, thus I don't have much to say. However, I did notice several important things. Around post 250, AmeliaLi was at -3. ryan, whose vote was on me, saw this and decided to put AmeliaLi on -2. This was post 254. This was note very suspicious by itself. However, this was how the game continued from then on. Ryan asked why Sir Tornado didn't vote on AmeliaLi when he found her suspicious. He urged him to vote on her to put her on -1. This was in post 257. Right after that, Sir Tornado voted for her and put her on -1. Right after getting Sir Tornado's vote, ryan questioned the_Red_c about his opinion of the game. Was ryan fishing for his vote to lynch AmeliaLi? That's what it seemed like to me. All of this happened in a matter of a few posts and nobody noticed.

Another interesting thing was that curiouskarmadog took AmeliaLi off -1 and put his vote on me. Several posts later, when ryan saw that people very taking votes off of her, he decided that I am a good candidate for mafia.

To summarize, here are my thoughts. ryan has shown a huge scumtell, or so it seems to me. I don't really have an opinion on Sir Tornado. Even though he put AmeliaLi on -1, he only did it after being pressured by the most town player in the game. As for curiouskarmadog... My suspicion is lifted off of him. Thus:

Unvote. vote ryan

I don't have any more time today, but I will try to catch up with the rest of the game at another time. I'll already spent 2 hours today.
Klopy: I have been consistent on saying you or AmeliaLi are the best lynches for today. I ask people questions on their voting because I am trying to find "tells" and how you'd vote me after you just freely admitted that Sir Tornado put AmeliaLi at -1 is beyond me, but most of your play is.
Good point Klop. Good Defense Ryan. I hope to god you are town ryan, because if you are not, then we, the town, is in deep shit.
Nanosauromo in 470 wrote:AmeilaLi voting for Klopyrev right before she leaves seems to me like she has decided who she wants lynched for sure, which is odd considering she put off voting for him for a long time.

Sir Tornado(471) wrote:
On the contrary everything seems to be amiss about both Lowell AND you.
Nanosauromo(472) wrote:And why is that? I've seen myself on numerous scumlists, but with no real description of my alledged scumminess.

Apart from his lack of posting, I see no problems with lowell. Remember, lurking =/= scum.
1) lurking might not be scummy, but it sure as hell isn’t effective.
2) If you are worried about drawing attention, you’re still going to get it if you don’t post at all.
ryan wrote:

...I hate to say this about ryan, but isn't that a bit of a bandwagon vote...?

And I am caught up once again.[/quote]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:21 am

Post by ryan »

Actually it's far from a bandwagon, the only bandwagon was the ones who were convincing others that Kloppy couldn't be scum that he was just newbie town and I fell for that and unvoted. I did a few posts on the reason for Kloppy being scummy but instead of voting with what my gut said I went along with others who thought he was newbie town (a mistake) I'm staying with Kloppy, he's our best first day play.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:11 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

ryan wrote:Actually it's far from a bandwagon, the only bandwagon was the ones who were convincing others that Kloppy couldn't be scum that he was just newbie town and I fell for that and unvoted. I did a few posts on the reason for Kloppy being scummy but instead of voting with what my gut said I went along with others who thought he was newbie town (a mistake) I'm staying with Kloppy, he's our best first day play.
Mkay.... I do agree that this is a good frist day lynch. Its not like we are in a lylo position right now.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 am

Post by ryan »

Jester: You've been quiet for a little bit, anything new to bring to the table?

GatorGuy91: Have you finished a re-read of the game? Suspicions? Thoughts?
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:14 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

I haven't recieved my role yet.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Dammit, I'm not playing actually, I'm in 4 games already.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:22 am

Post by ryan »

So you aren't replacing than?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Jester »

@ryan: I was gonna do another long post today, but the klopyrev stuff, including your vote, really threw me for a loop. I want to do my own re-read. My initial take is that a) klopyrev is insane, and lynching him accomplishes nothing, and b) if klopyrev
were
mafia, his mafia-mates would be exerting a little more control over him.

Therefore, if he
is
scum, he's the SK or some other anti-town role.

It's interesting that you're throwing all your weight behind this, ryan. When klopyrev attacks, it's usually you that's in his (rather wobbly) cross-hairs. Are you confident enough about this lynching to accept the consequences if you're wrong?
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

Numenorean7 wrote:I was going to point you back to some PBPA, but I find there isn't any. I think I will analyze your posts so far and try to explain why you're scummy. Perhaps this will also help codify my own suspicions:
(post # sorting by klop's posts)

klopyrev wrote:vote klopyrev !!! Can I vote for myself?
This is a bad start. I'm not quite sure why, but self-voting is often seen as anti-town. You are pretty much excused from this by the metagame, and your next post provides an explanation: "I'm just bored and random."

klopyrev wrote:Well, considering that its my first game(Well second including the one I'm playing in Road to Rome), this was the first time I actually read any set of rules.
There are rules in newbie games too. Why didn't you read them? In any case, this smacks of the "newbie card", trying to get out of anything you do because you're a newbie. What parts of your behavior are just newbishness and what parts are scummishness is for the town to decide, not you.

klopyrev wrote:I'm just wondering how voting for myself is anti-town? If I'm mafia, why would I want to vote for myself? What would be the benefit of that?
What is the benefit of self-voting for anyone, mafia or townie? I still don't understand the problem with self-voting, but this is a flawed argument. If self-voting looked pro-town, Mafia would immediately do it to look pro-town. This is WIFOM. Besides, you had just aptly demonstrated that things are sometimes done which do not benefit the person who did them. :)

klopyrev wrote:I still don't understand the explanation of why voting for yourself is scummy. Can someone explain it to me again? Anyway, I have several more questions: What is leading? What is WIFOM? And to contribute to the discussion. Why is it that people who are inactive blaimed? If you are town and are sitting around watching the action, instead of contributing, wouldn't you be able to understand the behaviour of everyone else. In another game I'm playing, I made 2 very stupid posts since the beginning of the game and have been trying to defend myself ever since. If I stayed quite, I could have found out more about other people. Also, how is trying to defend yourself too much a scummy thing? I'm not very experienced, but as a town, I don't want to be lynched in the beginning of the game. That would mean the end of the game for me, since I can't contribute anymore. I would be bored not playing a game. Hmm... anyway, no one has voted for both curiouskarmadog and Lowell, I'll vote for the lexographically least.

vote curiouskarmadog
A single townie death is not as bad for the town as a single Mafia death is for the Mafia. Thus, the Mafia will be more defensive. The Mafia are also trying very hard not to be discovered, so they will be more likely to feel defensive when they think they may be being discovered.
By the way, if you are killed in one game, you can sign up for a new one right away. You don't have to wait for the first one to end.

klopyrev wrote:About the whole unvoting business between ST and AmeliaLi. Has anyone actually noticed that AmeliaLi voted for ST in the first place? If they are both mafia, as some have suggested, that would have been a sneaky move on AmeliaLi's side. Considering its the first move of the game, its just plainly odd and stupid, isn't it? Therefore, AmeliaLi and ST can't both by scum.
First of all, voting for yourself is somewhat odd and stupid, so you're not one to talk. ;)
In this post, you are employing a classic WIFOM argument (perhaps the most classic). Scum will sometimes "random" vote each other to give them some slight distancing without any real danger. Voting each other has no bearing on whether two people are scum together or not. Defending these two people (especially at this point) is a risky thing to do, as it links you to them.

klopyrev wrote:I'll even help you out a bit! I just wondered if I can vote for myself without actually voting in game 403 of The Road to Rome. Satisfied? To continue with the game, I have a question for the more experienced people. How do you keep notes? I keep reading different posts over and over, but there are just too many for me to base my opinion about anything. How do you keep notes? What do you write down and what do you not write down?
Referring to an ongoing game by name is a no-no. You're sounding a bit ruffled and hostile here. Note-keeping questions are newbish in the extreme: there's no correct way to keep notes, you just... keep notes. Not everyone does.

klopyrev wrote:To agree with ryan, AmeliaLi's post was really strange. I've played for very little, but I can still say that that was a very unusual move by AmeliaLi. She could be a town trying to defend herself from all the attacks however. My conclussion is: Who the hell is the mafia? I'm soooooo confused.
This is a weird post. You're agreeing that Amelia's post was strange, but wondering whether it was townie or scummy. This is OK, but the way you do it is weird. It is true that pretty much any move could be interpreted as either townie or scum, but it's customary to say which you think is more likely. Of course you don't
know
who is Mafia, but you must have some idea. There's no need to say, "who the hell is the Mafia? I'm so confused." This post comes across as an attempt to defend AmeliaLi by casting doubt on the town's ability to discern scummy behavior.

klopyrev wrote:With 7 to lynch, I think it'd be safe for me to put my vote on AmeliaLi! She's the most suspicious right now. Sir Tornado hasn't said anything in a while, has he?

Unvote. Vote AmeliaLi
People have been accusing you of playing it too safe, and here's an example. This comes across as scum hoping to not attract attention. Of course, you could be referring to the fact that there's no danger of a scum hammer, but that was fairly obvious. Also, this was a big flip-flop on your part. You had been defending AmeliaLi (#7, possibly #16), and now you vote her with no explanation but that "it would be safe". Putting her at L-3 isn't all that safe, anyway.

klopyrev wrote:Hmm... To answer AmeliaLi's post... I was jumping on the bandwagon with the vote on her. Considering I was going away for 4 days, she was the best place to put my vote and I didn't really want to not vote. Anyway, I'm wondering why everyone is so suspicious of Indy. He's just not here. You all should be focusing on people who are here. I know that it makes sense for a mafia to not say anything to keep suspicion of themselves, but there are several other mafia we could try to find in the meantime. To repeat another post: Townies often act more scummy than actual scum when heavily pressured. I believe that would be AmeliaLi's situation. Also, since when has Sir Tornado been analyzing things. This was the first time I've seen him act as a vigilant townie (though I may be wrong) I currently don't have a concrete opinion on who is scum and who is not. Since my vote is still safe on AmeliaLi(safe meaning she's not at -1), I'm keeping it there.
There is no reason to place your vote on AmeliaLi if you don't think she's scum, especially when she's got a bandwagon. There's no guarantee she won't be put at L-1, or even lynched, while you're gone. This is another very scummy post: defending AmeliaLi while leaving your vote on her bandwagon. If you don't think she's scum, you shouldn't be voting against her, especially if there's a large bandwagon.

klopyrev wrote:
Hmm... after not being here for several days, I find AmeliaLi at -1. That's interesting. I still have no opinion what-so-ever, but I feel like I should withdraw my vote not wanting to lynch a townie just trying to defend herself. However, I feel that AmeliaLi is the best candidate right now for scum, so I'm just going to keep it as it is. Wasn't this post completely pointless?
Now, your vote on AmeliaLi is no longer "safe" by your definition. Given your past comments and reasons for voting Amelia, you should unvote her immediately, because you never thought she was scum in the first place. But now you say, "AmeliaLi is the best candidate for scum." This is a major flip-flop. You don't even explain your change, but go from considering her a townie who's panicking under pressure, to the most likely scum. Another very scummy post.

klopyrev wrote:How the hell is that scummy? I'm saying that I'm still not completely convinced that AmeliaLi is scum, but since I don't have a better candidate, I'll keep my vote on her. I know its day one, but everyone is a bit jumpy, mostly ryan. He keeps changing opinions constantly. And people blame AmeliaLi for her contradictions. I'm following, I think, Sir Tornado's argument for AmeliaLi's contradictions and applying it to ryan.

ok... I was just about to change my vote to ryan, but then I actually read his posts and saw that my point is not so obvious reading a second time over. For now:

Unvote
FoS: ryan
Here, you're unvoting at the call of the town. Voting or unvoting just because someone tells you is often a scumtell. In this post, you have completed and reaffirmed your sudden change of heart regarding AmeliaLi. Of course you're not completely convinced she's scum. If you think she is probably scum, you should keep your vote on. If you still actually think she's probably a townie, you should unvote (you should have several posts ago). But instead, you say you think she's probably scum, and unvote in the same post. Unvoting now won't fix it, and the way you did it just made things worse. In addition, you're FoS'ing ryan for no apparent reason. Something about Sir Tornado's argument for AmelaiLi's contradictions. How does this apply to ryan? I am suspicious of anyone who's suspicious of ryan at this point.

klopyrev wrote:I'm sorry I'm undecisive! I'll try to be more decisive when there is something more concrete to go on. I still don't fully believe that AmeliaLi is scum, but she's the best candidate at the moment. I guess I'll never be fully certain that someone is scum in this game.
If she's the best candidate, you shouldn't have unvoted. Still no explanation of why you suddenly think she's likely scum.

klopyrev wrote:I unvoted already. But Wow, the game is over in 3 pages? WTF... I think that it was my fault:( I'll try to be careful next time. I'll try to be more careful in this game too. Anyway, I currently don't know who to vote for, so I'm not going to vote. Also, I believe the_Red_c to be Town, because a Mafia wouldn't quit a game. (Well, at least I wouldn't since I like being mafia more than town) Anyone else have a point of view on this?
Defending Red because he's a replacement is not good logic. Curiouskarmadog did this in another game we are playing together, and it was an important catalyst for an L-1 wagon (incidentally, led by me). There are plenty of reasons Mafia might quit a game: perhaps they feel guilty about deceiving the town, or perhaps something in real life got in the way?

klopyrev wrote:I'm basing my opinion on what I would do, which could be completely wrong.
Acknowledging your flawed reasoning about replacements (more than curiouskarmadog did).

klopyrev wrote:No, I'm not scum. WTF is this? Every time I try to point out something minor, everyone jumps on me and starts saying I'm scum. What kind of game is this? I know it's the first day and everyone wants to lynch a mafia, but you guys are a bit too paranoid. Maybe it's because I'm used to games which are a bit more relaxed (not online), but calm down. What I was trying to say is that I enjoy playing mafia much more than I do playing town. That doesn't mean I'm mafia in this game. I enjoy playing power roles more than playing just normal town. That doesn't mean I'm a power role in this game either. What can I say? Townie is a boring role for me. What I'm also trying to say is if I was playing a game and had to leave, I would think twice about leaving if I was a mafia. Using that logic, the_Red_c is possibly town, because he's a replacement for someone who left.
The way you play online is very different from the way you play in person. Live Mafia is based much more on gut. In MS.net Mafia, there's a lot of material which anyone can look over, sort, and analyze at will. Everyone is also a lot more careful of what they type here than of what they would say in person. Scumtells are different, perhaps more subtle, but easier to identify and build up a case with. The rules are the same, but the play is very different.

klopyrev wrote: I don't know why you would think I'm mafia in the first place. I know I've done stupid things in this game, but that's because I didn't know better. Give me your reasons why you think I'm scum right now, and I'll try to refute them.
This post is actually sounding a bit pro-town to me, acknowledging your mistakes, etc. Of course, scum can say anything town can say...

I believe the biggest point against you is your behavior regarding AmeliaLi. Why did you defend her in #7, vote her in #19, defend her yet keep your vote on in #20, and call her most likely scum from #22 onward?
Thank you Nume for doing these first posts. I shall be continuing from where he left off.

Unlike what Nume did I’m going to be posting the post number, not the number of how many posts he’s done. (I hope that makes sense….)

327:
klopyrev wrote:Hmm... In response to the accusations of me: I'm sorry I'm undecisive. I keep posting stuff, because I arrive on Mafiascum and I want to say something before I go. Since I don't have much to say, I just post whatever comes to mind at the moment. That's why some things I say may be contradictory. As for the AmeliaLi business. I kept changing my mind. Since I had no concrete evidence to go on, I couldn't decide. At one moment, she seemed scum, at another, just a really defensive town. Currently, I once again think she's scum, just because of the way her attack on me is worded. It is perhaps too agressive. Sounds like: "Um... um... I'm not scum... He's scum..." AmeliaLi playing that card in this situation really makes her look scummy to me. However, I may change my opinion at any moment, which is not necessarily a scummy thing. This may be a WIFOM argument, but if I was mafia, how would changing my mind of AmeliaLi all the time benefit me? You're saying that its a scum tell, but I don't completely understand how? Don't mafia want to vote on one town, so that the town is lynched as soon as possible?
The one thing I don’t like about this post is he’s all over the place. He’s trying to defened himself with out sounding too newbish, but at the same time trying not to be scummy.

Then he disappears for the rest of page 14, then on page 15 in post number 355 he votes for ryan with no explination then in 356 he writes:
klopyrev wrote:
Vote ryan

I've made up my mind. I think ryan and Sir Tornado are scum and my opinion is pretty concrete. Look at ryan: He's being trying to lynch either me or AmeliaLi from the very beginning. He's hiding his mafia attack by saying he's just an aggresive townie. I really think he's scum. Sir Tornado is also scum, because he focuses too much on lynching a single person, rather than discovering who the Mafia are. He's too quick to form opinion. AmeliaLi on the other hand seems like more of a defensive townie.

Here he is defending me again, which wasn’t helping at all, and he explains his vote…sorta. But I must say he’s pissed at ryan for going after him (Klopy-boy) and myself. Then he says ST is too quick to form an opinion. . . .The one thing that can’t belived that he’s attacking the two most likely town.

357:
klopyrev wrote:Further more, I wish to add curiouskarmadog to the list of scum. He's been supporting ryan for a while now.
I would like to note that is his second time mentioning CKD

378 is his next post.
klopyrev wrote:
ryan wrote:WOW. Jester gets back in the mafia saddle in a big way.
I may be misunderstanding this, but what exactly do you mean by that sentence? Do you think Jester is mafia, then?
Newb question.. X.x C’mon! Who, other than Klop, didn’t understand that sentence?

384:
klopyrev wrote:Hmm... ok, I'm taking my vote off ryan, because I'm more convinced of him being an aggresive townie after reading Jester's post. However, I'm putting it on curiouskarmadog, following the same argument as Jester. I'm only suspicious of ST and curious right now.

Unvote. Vote curiouskarmadog
third mention of CKD…. He really didn’t have much of a reason other than agreeing with what Jester had stated.

Then in 402:
klopyrev wrote:ryan: You argument against Sir Tornado at this point is ridiculous. Threatening to vote for someone and not actually doing it is the most ridiculous scumtell, if it is one at all.

Anyway, as for my vote for curiouskarmadog, did anyone actually notice that I put him on my scum list before Jester even said anything? He just struck me as scummy right away. Jester just convinced me even more by discussing his actions. My opinion of curiouskarmadog is concrete right now. I really think he's mafia.
This is where I attack Klop about the scum list. I really just didn’t like it. If you say you have a scum list, please state it. It really helps.

411:
klopyrev wrote:Read posts 356 and 356. Initially I thought ryan was the scum, but after reading his posts over again, I changed my mind to curiouskarmadog. I didn't even realize he was the one calling me a VI. I pretty much ignored those posts.
Why ignore the posts? I think that is stupid to ignore posts about you.

Posts 419-422 was just stupid. I’m not sure why ryan calls you Klopy, but I call you klopy-boy everytime I wanna scream OMGUS at you.

424,427-428 once again has no point to it.

433:
This is because we quoted what he said in his other game. Which What he posted over there was really stupid as well….

435-437 was still about his old game.

461:

Unvote. vote ryan

*Holds her breath* I hope… I hope, I hope, I HOPE ryan is not scum(for many reasons, the main one being that he’s got everyone convinced he’s town). This is where my opinion begins to change about klop… I am not sure about him or ryan anymore. This is where he jumps out of that newb personality and right into an active member of the town.

Then in 462-464 he’s back to being a weird ass newb that makes no sense.

478:
klopyrev wrote:Indy: That was somewhat out of place after not having posted for a long time. What the hell? Explain which bells and whistles I send off.
I hope having all your posts side by side help to explain those bells and whistles…..

And that was everything he’s said in this game.

And right now I’m not sure with what I’m going to do. I just have something in the back of my head screaming he’s town, look into ryan more.

but for now
unvote
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

I suppose it's possible, considering Klopyrev's flip-flop personality, that he's pretending to be a newbie so that any mistakes that he might make would be covered up. This is an effective scum tactic that shouldn't be overlooked.
Lowell wrote:MightyFireball- Is there a reason you're not voting?
I suppose you're asking why I'm not voting for Klopyrev? If so, it's because the main thing that I've got against him is that he was over defensive at one point. Some people have called him newbie town, others newbie scum. I've now pointed out that he could be experienced scum. I really don't think anything is concrete enough to place a vote at the moment.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by ryan »

Jester wrote:@ryan: I was gonna do another long post today, but the klopyrev stuff, including your vote, really threw me for a loop. I want to do my own re-read. My initial take is that a) klopyrev is insane, and lynching him accomplishes nothing, and b) if klopyrev
were
mafia, his mafia-mates would be exerting a little more control over him.

Therefore, if he
is
scum, he's the SK or some other anti-town role.

It's interesting that you're throwing all your weight behind this, ryan. When klopyrev attacks, it's usually you that's in his (rather wobbly) cross-hairs.
Are you confident enough about this lynching to accept the consequences if you're wrong
?
Ah, so if I make a mistake and he's not town I should be on the chopping block because it's my fault? You've done a pretty good job up until this post and than you want the entire day to rest on my shoulders? Very iffy indeed. Almost like you know Kloppy is town and than you hope to get me lynched in Day 2. Very scummy indeed.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

MFB wrote: I suppose it's possible, considering Klopyrev's flip-flop personality, that he's pretending to be a newbie so that any mistakes that he might make would be covered up. This is an effective scum tactic that shouldn't be overlooked.
The only problem with this theory is that this is klopyrev's second game, and he acted like a newbie in his other game, too. I suppose klopyrev could be an alt for some more experienced player?
Jester wrote:It's interesting that you're throwing all your weight behind this, ryan. When klopyrev attacks, it's usually you that's in his (rather wobbly) cross-hairs. Are you confident enough about this lynching to accept the consequences if you're wrong?
I don't see ryan targeting someone just because they have been attacking him. If he is scum *crosses self quickly* then he could afford to let any town that sees through his disguise dash themselves on the rocks of his pro-town persona.
Political Correctness offends me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”